Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Clark's Story Mojave (For FuriousLoverXD)

"Hence the lights yet. Well let's get them home safe and fed. I'm sure they'll be happy to be behind some solid walls with friendly people armed to the teeth."

They'd be able to eventually arrive and then go through the area past the town. Then through the gates, though the APCs had no windows in the back but they'd eventually be able to be let out into the area. Though he'd have to help the injured hunter and the sick kid they'd all be shocked by what they had been seeing. Well it was a bit hard to see in the middle of the night. It was probably about four am.

"Alright let's get you all settled and turn in for bed." He told them all getting the most injured or ill up to the infirmary. The others would get sleeping bags in a unoccupied area of the hospital.

The four would be taken to the infirmary to rest on the beds where the Nurse Handy would do exams on all of them. Everyone else took sleeping bags on one of the unused floors of the hospital that hadn't been worked on yet. They'd be set aside in a room, including the mayor on the unused floor with a working lock on the inside of the door. Everyone would finally be able to get some sleep.

He'd make sure that a healthy breakfast was to be made for them in the morning for whomever was waking up early to handle breakfast for the compound. Then he'd go to get a power nap in since there was likely no way he'd be getting a full eight hours before some kinda fuckery happened.

(52)

They were going to eventually need non-combat roles more in the hospital but it was possible this group might help there. When he finally awoke and was checking the others, he'd eventually be able to take stock of the group. He had a hunter, the Mayor Mary, and from the remaining eight people there were two children, and two were retired. The remaining four he'd find two farmers, a cook, and a merchant.

"Sweet always need more farmers and a cook around here. Whenever ya'll are ready you should talk to the Mayor in Novac to see if they have homes you can move into. If you don't wanna work around here. There are geckos and stuff a plenty, just talk to the locals about the bad areas." He told them since there were plenty of areas to avoid around here.

The group were all talking at the tables. The hunter and the family would be staying in the hospital and not coming down. They were all overwhelmed so it was going to be hard to decide on what it might be there. They all were still overwhelmed by the situation so the situation would not be able to really give a confirmed answer yet.

"How you feeling mayor? Got another talent you wanna put to work instead of being a stateslady? I'm sure people around here could use a hired gun for some work if you were looking to start something new."

"Tired." She stated as she had not slept much during the potential siege from the Legion. After a bit while sitting there one of her peers finally said something. "She used to be the Sheriff, before she had to be the mayor." They stated implying it was not her first choice.

"Well I'll put in a good word for you in Novac if you wanna aim to be a sheriff again. If not that then you can join our security team here. We could always use an extra pair of eyes around here with how things get crazy."

She nodded her head and considered it. "I'll think about it after I get about a week's worth of sleep..." She confessed as the reality of her people being safe finally let her relax in that moment as she looked fatigued still all things considered.

"Hold that thought." He said walking out of sight then coming back a moment later with a pillow and a blanket. "Here you go. Have fun catching up on sleep. Now go find an empty cot and sleep to your hearts content. Doctors orders. Shoo." He said ushering her to go to bed.

The woman looked at him and then picked it up and started to head off again. She was already going there after having breakfast. She was going to get some rest as everyone was grateful their sheriff turned mayor would now get some rest. He was free to try and figure out what to do, properly try and recruit these people or to try and find some new work. He had always had plenty to do.

He'd let the new arrivals rest before hounding them to join them. It felt icky after all they went through to try and pressure them into joining. He'd go to the hospital to see if any other patients had shown up in his absence.

For now surprisingly there weren't that many, only two people different from the others. The Hunter was still there her had worked on along with the poisoned family from before. So a total group there. He'd be able to work on everyone more easily now that they were here.

"Ah a nice relaxing day working with patients. I'm waiting for the catch." He told the Nurse handy as he helped get everyone fixed up simply to have a relaxing day for once. Though he fully expected something nutty like a super mutant tarzan to fly through the window at any moment.

"Pig." The Nurse Handy called him to help ease him in that day. Surprisingly nothing was going to be happening there as it seemed everything was going to be a bit well. He'd be able to work on the people and take it rather easy for the day. It could continue into peace into the night unless he wanted to recover more from the overnight work and start again in the morning or if he had a plan for the night.

He'd merely do normal work to enjoy the relaxing way things should be. Though he'd check in on the mayor near the evening after she had been sleeping all day. He wanted to make sure she was getting everything she needed.

The mayor would be in a room she looked better but she was still looking a little off. He'd be able to recognize it was probably something along the lines of PTSD, stress, and fatigue. She looked better. "Sorry should I be in another place?"

"No you're fine. Just came to check up on you." He said approaching her and taking a seat opposite of her. "Fine with me doing a check up or did you wanna just get back to sleep and seeif you felt one hundred percent in the morning."

She looked at him and then nodded. "Go ahead I'm still exhausted but yeah... haven't really slept well... for obvious reasons. Had to maintain the last week or so maybe three hours a night trying to maintain and figure out an escape." She offered which probably contributed to her emotional state and issues. A better bedside manner and diagnosis might have led him to find out more earlier.

"Very well." He said as he began to check her joints, limbs, eyes, ears, and everything in a routine physical. "Before all this happened where you having any issues? Allergies, aches, pains, and so on you wanted checked out?"

"Not that I can think of other than a stiff back or so." He stated as he looked at the woman simply as he stood there and then sighed heavily while trying to crack her back a bit. "And some ankle swelling."

"Hold on. I'll take care of that." He said as he checked her ankle first then applied some ointment to her ankle. Then began to massage her stiff back to help loosen the muscles so she wouldn't be as stiff.

Back
Top Bottom