Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Clark's Story Mojave (For FuriousLoverXD)

NobleLance

Weirdo on the Internet
"Well need varies from person to person. We don't have a lot in the world, so what little we have we think we may need it. Even if the only things humans really need is shelter, food, water, and clothing."

"You aren't wrong but at the same time... people deserve something nice here. At least a chance at a normal, or peaceful life." Sam the Mayor resigned as she waited on a chair gun ready to quickdraw the door.

"Well we can try for peaceful. Though normal is just uh...kinda up to the person in this world. I'll be honest normal for us is weird to everyone else so don't hold your breath for anything normal."

"Normal, implies a sense of boring. Normal is waking up and forgetting what day it was because the sign on the on the wall that says days without incident has hit triple digits when you could only put up double digits.." She explained.

"Ah yes the dream of more than a month without an incident. That would be nice. With all the weird stuff though I've not gone longer than a week. Then again I am a doctor so that kinda increases my chances."

"Triple digits so more than three months." She corrected him as she showed she was learned. "And you look like you are trouble to be honest." She offered as she maintained the barrels of her gun and cleaned them. "We just wait it seems."

(roll a 1d100)

[45]

"The waiting game is always fun." He said joining her in cleaning his weapons to pass the time. After all they did see a lot of use over the several days of work.

A warning shot came out and hit the building they were in, it had come from the hill behind them, implying it was Savannah. As it happened a red light came around the cracks in the door outside. "Finally." She stated as she opened the door, while taking cover. Outside in the air had been flares in the sky to light up the area.

"Whew let's fuck shit up. Mount on the guns!" He called out to the others since they had the APC and another car to drive around in and shoot. The handy would be guarding the people as Clark got out his rifle.

"Looks like we're leaving now." The Mayor stated as they were starting to escape out. "You need to help with the injured remember we have the kid and our injured hunter." She reminded him as shots were ringing in their direction. It was very late at night so riding around in the darkness a suicide mission and the big gun could only hit what they could see and everyone of the legion was in the darkness with flares in the air above the town.

"Yeaaaa. They're sure obnoxious." He said trying to scan using the pip boy to get a bead on their location as the people were loaded up onto the APC where they'd at least be protected from the small arms fire.

It was being a bit hard there, Carter had to drive the APC down with his partner, Rina taking the car despite her struggles there with it. Savannah was on the APC and shooting from it, he'd have to use VATS to better see and target them, taking a look he'd see several using a small hill in the distance and shooting with various single shot rifles like Varmint Rifles, Hunting Rifles, and Carbines. They were covering for a group of machete wielding loons charging.

"Okay so run the idiots with the machetes over while shooting at that hill." He said as he pointed towards the ridge. He'd set the robot on the machete wielders since they'd have a hard time downing it.

Thankfully his robots were able to absorb some bullets from the slow rifles but eventually they'd stop shooting at the robots and go back to the people. They were aiming not for kills but body shots. They were not looking to kill, they were looking to wound, to hinder, to slow down while they tried to get the civilians onto the APC.

He figured this would happen. They were on a slaver raid. He'd have to make it a costly one. "Savannah any chance you can snipe the assholes on the ridge as we deal with the loons on the ground?" He asked her as he kept shooting the ones closing in.

“I’m not up here for my health, where I’m the most exposed from the flares.” She risked him as she was shooting from no cover on the APC. “There are several over there. Wait.” She stated as another flare came out. “They have artillery.. that was not a hand throw or a flare gun.” She explained.

"What do you mean they have artillery? Like actual pieces or like small arms like rocket launchers? Cause having a real piece for this village makes not one lick of sense." He said now driving eavsibly so they couldn't get a bead on them.

"I think it's a mortar..." Savannah. "It's not being used for live shells, just the flares." She stated as she tied herself to the roof of the APC to keep shooting. They had to move the APC around to the other buildings and collected the poisoned family and the wounded hunter.

"Okay. That's not great, but it's better than what I thought it was. If we can take them down and get it that would be great. However the civilians come first so let's do our best to get them out before trying to murder a bunch of legion fucks."

"We'll be able to outrun them, if we are taking everyone out of here, we can just leave. That will be enough." The lady mayor told him. "I don't need revenge, just their safety." She stated directly.

"Then fuck this shit we're out." He told them all once they got the citizens on board. "Let them eat our dust. To be safe go a bit around the path we took just in case they were watching us and set up an ambush."

Carter and Rina had taken the car as she was firing suppressing fire towards the back. The APC with Vince at the wheel waiting mostly for Clark to take over as well. The two would be driving a long way or sorts away from the area.

(roll a 1d100 lower is failure)

[Was playing dnd and rolled my real dice for once XD. 84]

"How is it going back there. Dropping any of them?" He asked as he kept driving. He would be keeping an eye out for any mines or some kind of traps.

The bullets from her rifle above the APC continued to fire. It was too loud at first to get an answer but then she'd swing into the open window of the passenger's seat. "Doesn't look like it. I I think we are clear for now. We should probably run without lights after a bit to hide our tracks better assuming you can drive in the dark." She suggested.

"That's incredibly dangerous to do. Especially when carrying injured so I can't do that." He said especially since he couldn't see in the dark. "Speed is our best bet we'll be able to outdistance them soon enough."

"Makes sense enough, guess you can't drive in the dark then." She stated and reloaded her rifle. The mayor peaking through a window. "Everyone's here and looks fine, a little shaken and scared but seems okay for now." She explained.

Back
Top Bottom