Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sold By My Family (Guardian Angel and Lunarwolf)

Ianite was just looking before she spoke, "There is no need to concern yourself with me too much. I shall tend to myself and will not be in your way. Also... there was no need to assign a maid to me." Well now that would be a strange thing to hear from a nobleman's daughter. Even all count's daughters had servants of somesort.

Adrian looked at her for a short time before speaking "you are soon to be my wife which means you will get a maid to tend to you and I will concern myself as I said your soon to be my wife. I don't know what your home life was like but it will be different here.

Soon Cat arrived in the dinning room grumbling over the dress she had put on but after a few sort moments she headed in so that she could see what her soon to be husband was like

Ianite was just looking towards him for a moment before she spoke, "I hope that you do not mind this disrespectful but... I never agreed to this marriage." With that she was just heading over to the table so that they could sit down and enjoy breakfast.

Darian was already seated in the dining room, just looking up as the door opened and the young woman was walking into the room. This had him rising to his feet and he was striding towards her before he spoke, "I am Darian Von Alont, a pleasure to meet you."

"Catherine Alas but you can call me Cat" Cat greeted him properly but she wasn't thrilled at being forced to marry

Adrian looked at her "I am aware but I also know you are aware that you were sold to me by your parents" yes Adrian knew she was being sold off and he planned to take good care of her

Ianite was just looking over before she spoke, "I am well aware that I was sold. That was no shock at all - twas going to be my fate eventually in the end. The eldest daughter of Count Vavri - one of the belles of high society."

"and now my fiancé" Adrian looked at her before speaking "I gave your family enough to clear out their debts and live a comfortable life but I know full well they will soon come seeking more funds as they have a sever gambling addiction" Adrian pulled and chair out for her and motioned for her to sit "they are fools but I would rather keep you from becoming a pawn of some old man when they start looking for more help financially"

Ianite was just looking towards him as he was pulling out the chair and she was soon enough sitting down, merely listening to his words. No she knew that they money that had been sent - most definitely hadn't been used to settle debts. It had been used to gamble more - and it was just a matter of time before she got pulled into the situation again.

"you will start schooling on how to be a proper duchess in two days time and I want you to rest and recover before you start to learn" Adrian wasn't a cruel man but he put that appearance out to those around him

Ianite was just looking towards him before she questioned, "And what if I refuse?" No she hadn't agreed to this marriage at all.

"then your family will own me quite a large sum and I will call the debt on and you will end up in the work house" Adrian didn't care for her family but he found her to be a good enough companion

Ianite was just looking towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "A workhouse.... Huh...." Most other noblewoman would be terrified at that notion but with her tone of voice, it told him that she wasn't at all afraid of that threat. Perhaps because she had dealt with it before - she had been forced there once before to made money for her parents so that they could continue to gamble.

Adrian watched her for some time before he spoke "you and I will wed in a weeks time and while you are not happy with this it is better then the work house as the king is revamping them to make then harsher to discourage people from wanting to go there"

Ianite was just looking for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "I think anything would be better than being forced into a loveless marriage." She was just getting up after a moment in time and dismissing herself before leaving the room. There was a slight sway in her step but she was still on her feet - but she felt the nausea and the want to pass out. No she needed to at least get to her room.

Adrian moved to her side "you never know what can develop when you let yourself feel" Adrian then summoned a maid for her so that she could get to her room with some help.

Ianite was just twirling around to face him at these words before she spoke in a rather harsh voice, "Then maybe give me the time to get to know you instead of rushing this wedding!" Although the twirling around just had her putting a hand to her head as the dizziness really set in, and without really intending to she seemed to be collapsing. The fever seemed to be a lot worse than it had been before and her breathing was a bit labored.

A maid was coming over with the doctor soon enough so that the man could attend to the young woman in question.

Darian was moving a chair out for Cat and telling her to take a seat.

Cat nodded and then went and sat down more than a little interested in what was going on.

Adrian spoke that she could be tended to in her room and he then carried her there so she could rest

The doctor was nodding and following after, already scanning the young woman as they walked along. Already he could tell that she was malnourished - which probably wasn't helping with the sickness at all either.

Darian was just looking towards her for a moment before he spoke, "As you know you were sold to my family by your family to become by wife. Now I am not heartless or anything. So... We do need to get wed soon but we can have an engagement period for a year before it is forced. "

Cat looked at him and nodded "I am well aware I was sold my family prefers my baby sister over me" Cat listened to him about and engagement for a year before it is forced" so you'll give me a year after being married to you to get to know you before you come to expect me to do my duty as your wife correct"

Adrian watched them like a hawk but she turned his back when she was changed and settled in to the bed

The doctor was doing an examination of her physical body as he was getting her changed although didn't see any bruises or anything like that at all. "She is malnourished." the doctor was speaking as he was getting her dressed in a nightgown before doing an examination of her breathing, which sounded more raspy than anything. But her lungs were clear - it was just from her body being so overwhelmed from the fever. "A very high fever but nothing else seems to be wrong. I'll get some medication to work on bringing the fever down. Although with how high it is... Have one keep a close eye on her. It could be fatal or cause delirium."

Darian looked at her before he spoke, "We shall go through the public engagement ceremony in three days time. Then we shall be engaged for a max of one year before we are officially married. During the engagment time - you will be expected to go through the trainings of a duchess, and act as my fiancee. In respect for you - as already the rumor is being spread by your parents that we have been madly in love forever and I finally sent you a proposal - when we are here within the mansion and there aren't visitors, we will act civil towards each other, get to know each other. In public, we will act that happily engaged couple. We shall discuss what happens after marriage when we get to that point." No he was wanting things to work for her as well - which is why he was being so polite and calm about the whole thing.

Cat looked at him and then nodded as she figured she could do that "I am surprised my parents are spreading such a rumor" Cat then looked at the food that was brought to her and she poked at it a bit before eating

"You are now the fiancee of a duke. Your parents are going to have a lot of people coming to them to communicate with you to get to me. I am one of the richest men in the country along side one other duke." Darian was speaking after a moment in time. No he was talking about his closest friend Adrian, who seemed to be going through a similiar situation at the time.

Darian was just giving a faint chuckle before he questioned, "Can you agree to this then? When we are here within the mansion we can be whatever you want. Friends, strangers, allies, whatever you want. But in public we act as that loving engaged couple."

Back
Top Bottom