Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Master of the Keep (Kolath/butterfly0408)

The kiss seemed to sting Laine's lips, where it should have been sweet. The mark of Tharis taking effect again. It told her any more kisses would be just as painful for her and so she ended up just resting her forehead right against his chest. Just crying. Sometimes violent, sometime it was just a few sniffles, then nothing, then suddenly she was violently crying again. At some point, she slipped back to sleep again. She cried even in her sleep.

Kolath fell into fitful sleep himself cuddling her close stroking her hair as the both slept. His dreams were still plagued by Tharis and he knew that something had to be done about that mark on Laineâ??s breast, but now wasnâ??t the time now was the time to just hold her and comfort her as she healed from what had been done to her.

Hours later he slipped out of bed going to the door and unlocking it to step out. Shera was there obviously a little worried about why they had locked the door. Her mind was quickly set at ease as Kolath explained and asked her to bring up some food for both hid and Laine. There was no question no hesitation just a slight nod of her head and she turned as Kolath went back into the room laying in bed holding his love again.

When he first left the room, it only disrupted Laine ever so slightly, but she just turned over and slipped back into slumber. She was so tired, even though she should not be. His second return was what finally woke her. As he snuggled up behind her, wrapping his arms around her, she sighed and hugged his hands against her. Even though she was now awake, she didn't move to be anywhere else anytime soon. She was perfectly content right in his grasp.

Once Shera entered the room though, carrying the tray covered in all kinds of foods, her senses were on alert. She had not eaten in what had to be four days now and her stomach almost roared from the thought of getting food in her belly. Shera placed the tray on the table, and came to the side of the bed where Laine lie. With a gentle touch, she felt her forehead and smiled. "Your fever is down and the color is back in your face my dear. You are doing so much better." She looked to Kolath then as she started to exit the room, "You make sure she eats every bite, and get her out of this bed. It will be much better for you both to take some time out of the bed." She stopped in the door way and added right before she departed, "I'll have a nice hot bath prepared for you to share after you are finished with your meal." And then she was gone.

He smiled as she was obviously hungry and her stomach confirmed that with roaring. He sat up in the bed nuzzling against her neck and helping her sit up. He positioned himself so she could sit at the tray of food and cuddle back against him and be perfectly comfortable. His lips touched her neck lightly, he knew that her emotions would need time to heal after going through three days of torture but also a lot of that healing was still feeling wanted. So these little kisses and nibbles were just his way of showing affection to her. It was then that he noted that he was hungry as well seeing as he hadnâ??t hardly touched food since he found Laine gone. He snuggled her close kissing her neck again, â??Come what shall we eat?â?

"It all looks so good!" she exclaimed with such excitement! And if did. Somehow Shera had brought all her favorite foods on one tray, as well as a bit of wine for them to wet their mouths with. "Mmmm," she said as she reached for a nice size chicken leg. Not even bothering with manners of any kind, Laine dug into the side of it, taking out a large chunk and quickly eating it down. She didn't mean to ignore Kolath's loving advances, but she was just so hungry!

Kolath smiled his hand stroking her hair and back. It didnâ??t bother him that she was choosing food over his touches all he liked was that she wasnâ??t pulling away. He looked at the tray and had to admit she was right it did all look good. He reached for a piece of cheese and began to slowly eat it smiling as Laine wolfed down the chicken leg, his lips touches just below her ear, â??careful lover we donâ??t want it to come back up too, and it will if you eat too fast.â?

Laine paused then and smiled, putting the chicken down on the plate again and reached for the glass. Sipping it she found it to be water. It washed it all down and left her ready for more, "I will try but oh Kolath... you have no idea how starving I am!" Picking up a handful of grapes she popped them one at a time into her mouth, but saved the last three for him, turning slightly to smile and raise each to pop them into his mouth.

He smiled taking the grapes and catching the tip of her finger between his teeth on the last one. His lips closed around it and sucked lightly for a moment smiling at her. He picked up a strawberry and brought it up to her lips lightly trailing the juicy fruit over her lower lip enticingly. â??I understand Laine I have gone days without eating also because I was so worried about you. However you will throw your body into shock if you eat too fast.â? He kissed her shoulder and grabbed the pitcher of wine and poured her a cup, â??Start here it will help make your body react well to the rest.â?

She took the cup to her lips and drank back the sweet wine. Letting it linger on her taste buds a moment before swallowing it. "Mmmm, that is a fine wine," she said before taking the cup from him. She poured him a cup then and held it to his lips to return the gesture to him, "Here. You have some as well."

He smiled his hand lightly brushing up her arm as he took the drink. He loved this girl so much that he always wanted to be touching her. Most people would think that it was because that was him just being a normal guy wanting to get his thrill out of touching a girl; but to Kolath it meant so much more. He had discovered a long time ago that there were different ways that different people express love toward each other. Some by spending quality time with the other, some by doing things for the other person, some by gifts, some by intimate conversation, and then those like him that showed it by physical touch. It didnâ??t even have to be sexual touching just holding or brushing of the hands was enough he just hoped she understood.

Once he finished the wine, Laine put the cup down and went back to the meal before them both. Taking his advice, this time she took it much more slow. Pacing herself as she partook of meats, vegetables, fruits, all fresh and cooked to perfection. In time, she took a napkin and dabbed the crumbs from her face, leaning back against Kolath, "Ooooh I couldn't eat another bite..."

Kolath had eaten just as she had enjoying being with her. he was just as full but he was now feeling even more playful and as she said that she couldnâ??t eat another bite his teeth nipped her neck lovingly. â??Mmm perhaps but I can my loveâ? he started nibbling and kissing on her neck his hands slipping around her waist pulling he closer to him and growling softly enjoying her closeness.

Laine took another sip of wine before placing the cup down and turning around to face him. She knelt there in front of him and smiled warmly before she wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder, "I love you Kolath."

He nuzzled into her hair gently settling her into his lap drawing her close. His hands slipped down to her ass rubbing it softly gently spanking the nicely rounded mounds. â??MMM I love you too Laine.â? His lips landed on her neck nibbling and sucking softly.

The curse of Tharis's mark suddenly ignited, warping Kolath's sweet words into MMM your a slut Laine. Shocked by what she heard, she suddenly jerked back and looked at him with a totally appalled look in her eyes. "What... what did you say to me?!"

Kolath blinked looking at her wondering why she looked so appalled like he had just called her a slut or something of the same ilk. â??I said that I love you tooâ?¦why what did you think I said?â? his face was worried and his hands gently rubbed her arms squeezing them reassuringly.

I said that your a slut... didn't you hear me the first time bitch? Laine felt like her heart was being ripped from her chest! "Kolath... who can you say such a thing to me? After all we have been through? Ow!" The curse made his grip upon her arms feel more rough and violent then it really was. "Kolath you are hurting me...!"

He pulled his hands away shocked, he had thought that he was being very gentle and had no idea why it hurt her. â??Iâ??m sorry love I didnâ??t mean to, are you bruised there?â? his hand went up to the shoulder of her dress slowly slipped it down her arm to look for a injury that the healers missed but there was nothing.

Shut up bitch and take it. Get naked for me. Is what the curse let her hear. His actions then left her thinking he was trying to strip her clothing off rather then look for injuries on her person. Laine pulled her arm away and springing off the bed, "Don't touch me! Kolath what has gotten into you?! You're acting... acting like HIM!"

Kolath looked at her in shock wondering what was wrong with her. he had only been worried about her well being and here she was saying that he was being like the most cruel and vindictive man that ever lived? â??What are you saying? I would never hurt you and I only was worried that I hurt youâ?¦Laine what did herâ?¦Damn him!â? it had clicked over he stood walking over to the door and yanking it open, â??Shera I need you to watch Laine I have a curse to break.â? And he left the room for his library.

Damn right I am bitch. I'm just like him and I'm gonna do to you the exact same thing he did, only you won't come back from the dead this time. The pale look on Laine's face could break a heart. Shera, watch Laine until I get back with something to take good care of her. A moment later, Shera was in the room with Laine and alarmed to find tears rolling down a face that was so very happy not to long ago. "I thought he loved me Shera. How could he say those things?" Tharsis's curse warped Shera's words as well, but not as drastically. Just enough to keep Laine from knowing the truth of the mater.

Kolath knew that he had to work quickly before that curse turned everyoneâ??s words to ones of hate and caused fear to her. His library began to come alive around him books flying from shelves flipping through passages on curses. His mind was controlling it all and the massive library on the second floor in the center of the tower was all under his control as it sorted through itself looking for the answer.

Shera and Brimer stayed with Laine trying to comfort her but often found that she always misunderstood when they spoke about Kolath.

Laine felt just as she had when she first arrived in this place. Alone, frightened, and above all hurt. How could Kolath do this? What was wrong with him? Had the fight with Tharis effected him to be like this. No, the curse whispered to her. And she let herself believe it. No matter what Shera and Brimer said, Tharis's curse picked and choose what to let her hear and believe. It was manipulating her to make the woman Kolath loved the ultimate weapon against him.

Time passed seemingly too slow for Kolath, a full day went by as the library was still casting about inside the books to find the answers. He knew that his time was short but he had no idea how long Laine had before the curse would drive her mad. He knew that Shera and the others would fight that as long as they could but he honestly had no hope of anything that they did would have a effect on the curse hopefully it would just postpone it.

Staying away was even a worse idea then sticking around. Just no one knew it yet. If he had been with her, it would have been harder for the curse to warp his image in her mind. But by the time he returned to her now, he would be a whole new person in her eyes and in her head. He'd be a monster. She would not even see Kolath anymore. But it would not come out until he returned to her again. Until that time, she seemed calm in Shera's presence.

Back
Top Bottom