Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirate Epic (Kolath/butterfly0408)

Conner saw the change in her face coming and closed his eyes as she buried her face in his chest his hands brushing over her hair. â??Shhh its ok lover, he canâ??t hurt you anymore. I made sure of that last night.â? He smiled kissing her hair and lightly lifting her chin, â??No one will ever hurt you again as long as I am alive.â?

Her face was still worried, "And what if..." she trailed off and shut her eyes as if trying to push some unpleasant thought from your mind. "What will happen to me, if you should die? It's not like your profession is a safe one. You are a pirate. Ships sink. Guns rip through flesh. You are all I have left in this world. I could never go back to my old life even if I wanted to."

He brushed his hand over her cheek looking into her eyes smiling. â??Shhhh Iâ??m not going to leave you I will always come back.â? He leaned in and kissed her softly. â??Death can not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile.â?

She gave him a skeptical look, "Be practical Connor," she said shaking her head. "I mean it. If you were to die I could end up dead on a street corner or at the bottom of the sea where you father had planned to put me from the start. It could happen and you know it. Sweet words can't stop things like that from happening."

His face darkened a little as she mentioned that and thought over what she said. He knew she was right and he would have to watch things carefully. For a long moment he just sat there looking at her his mind racing knowing she was right and they had to do something. â??Then I will take you away from here, and either make a new pirate island for us where no one will touch you, or somehow join the normal world.â?

She gasped and tilted her face to look up at his again, a shocked look upon her delicate features. "You mean it?" she asked softly, not sure if she had fully heard him right. The truth was she had long hoped for such an outcome. She hated this place and knew she'd never fully fit in with these people, yet she never dreamed of asking Connor to leave the life he knew for her.

He smiled and nodded, leaning in and kissing her lips lightly. â??I am serious, I will do anything to protect you and I will even leave my home and all I know because I want you safe.â? He smiled brushing his hand over her cheek again smiling and nuzzling her neck kissing the sensitive spot. â??If you will come with me that is?â?

She moaned ever so slightly as he kissed her neck, showing that it brought her some kind of good feelings at least. It was followed by a sigh, "I'd go anywhere with you. The highest mountain, the lowest valley. Anywhere at all." Taking a breath in, she got a good sniff of the food he had brought up for them that sat nearby. Her stomach growled in protest of her not filling it during the wedding celebrations the night before.

Conner smiled brushing his hand over her cheek and down her neck just as her stomach growled softly. He couldnâ??t help but smirk a little before gently slipping out of the bed to get the food and bring it closer to her. he helped her settled down before slipping back into bed and bringing the food with him setting it on his lap so she could just eat and not worry about tipping it over.

Amelia propped herself up against the pillow, sitting up in the bed, watching him wordless as he went about setting their breakfast up in bed. Reaching out she took a little bit of food, nibbling at some of the fruit in silence before she looked up at him, "You're not going to get in trouble, are you? For what you did to Jim...?"

Conner shook his head slightly his arm slipping around her shoulders just gently holding her. â??I doubt it, and even if I do it wonâ??t be too bad. Jim wasnâ??t someone that couldnâ??t be replaced, he was a deck hand and there are dozens if not hundreds of replacements for him.â? he kissed his temple lightly reaching out and taking some of the food needing to eat himself. â??Donâ??t worry about that Amelia, that wonâ??t make my father too mad, it might make him happy because I stood up to Jim.â?

She sighed. The lack of justice in the pirate society, where a man could kill another and everyone else barely even blink and eye at it.... it left her a little uneasy. But his promise to take her away from here soothed her a bit to calm before she got a little to stressed for her own good. "Where will we go?" she asked with a light smile. "I mean, when we leave here, where will we take ourselves to? What will be do?"

He sat there for a moment thinking over what could happen after they left. he sighed and leaned over kissing her hair lightly. â??Iâ??m not sure Amelia, but we arenâ??t leaving today because we donâ??t have a ship that could take us anywhere.â? He thought for a moment longer before looking at her, â??Where would you like to go? Back home?â?

She thought over the idea of returning home and shook her head, "I don't know what would become of you if you were to return me home. I have no idea how my father would react to his youngest daughter now being wed to a pirate prince that helped in her kidnapping in the first place." Her face grew pensive and full of thought then, "Come to think of it.... I have no idea what my father's reaction was to the raid in the first place. Did you father ever send my ransom?"

Conner thought over what she was saying honestly not sure how he would fix that problem, or even if he could. He sighed deeply shaking his head slowly looking into her eyes. â??He almost killed you Amelia, I honestly donâ??t know if he ever planned on getting a ransom for you, I never was in his deepest counsels on that.â? He kissed her neck softly nuzzling in closer still eating with her. â??So if not home then where? Some large town somewhere? Or something smaller and easier to hide in?â?

She shrugged, "I don't know. I've lived in a booming big city all my life. Where are people more likely to look? In a big city were it's easy to blend into a crowd of in a little town where you can't blend but would be hard to find?" She paused then... "We are going to have to stay in hiding forever, won't we?"

Conner thought for a moment, his automatic reaction was to hide somewhere that no one could find him. Had he been hiding from just her parents he would have gone someplace that no one else knew of but other pirates. However with other pirates after him there was no place like that., that left large towns where pirates werenâ??t welcome and they could hide from guards in the crowds. â??I think that a large town would be best,â? he then went on to line out the reasons he had just gone over in his mind.

"You didn't answer my question," she pointed out with a slight smile on her lips, even though the subject matter was still a little sad for them. "When we will not be hiding from pirates, we'll be hiding from my father."

He sighed and slipped down deeper into the bed sighing deeply. â??I donâ??t know love, are there any other countries that we could run too? I mean if we are hiding from your father best to not be in the country he runs.â? Another thought suddenly crossed his mind. â??Amelia, what if something happens to your sisters and brothers? What if you end up as the next in line for the throne?â?

"I'm the youngest child Connor," it brought a smile to her face really that he would worry about something that would happen on a cold day in hell. "The chances that I would ever find myself on the throne are so unlikely. Your father would more then likely end up on it before I would."

Conner cringed at that thought thinking of how bad that would be for both the country and them if his father ended up with the resources of the entire kingdom behind him. he sighed and nuzzled in close to his new wife and shook his head slowly. â??That would be scary love, I would hate for that to happen to this world. â?? he kissed her lips softly smiling, â??Or too us, there is no where we could hide if that happened.â?

She laughed slightly, "Now you know I was simply exaggerating. Your father is now likely the most wanted man on the seas. He would not be able to get within a mile of the thrown let alone sit himself upon it and claim himself the king. Even if he did get ALLL the way there. He'd not sit on it for long as I'm sure his own guards would make his the shortest reign of a king in history."

Conner smiled and drew her close kissing her hair and holding her beautiful body against his. â??I know love but it still scared me the very thought of it.â? his hand brushed her hair and the other held her close as he nuzzled and kissed her hair just enjoying being close to her. he didnâ??t know what he was going to do but he needed to get out of there as fast as possible for his wifeâ??s sake if nothing else.

She sighed, now sure what to say. So much had suddenly happened between them that... where was there to go from here? Well they knew they wanted to leave but it was not like that could happen this day. What about the meantime? "What are we suppose to be doing now? I mean... do you have to work or something? I am still trying to become accustomed to the daily routines around this place." She was not sure if since they have just been wed if the routine changed on this day or if it was just another day for him and everyone else here.

Conner smiled and gently pulled her closer against his side kissing her hair again. â??Well since I was just wed I have the next week to get to know my new wife and see if she is satisfactory. Though since I already know you are we could just spend the time together enjoying each otherâ??s company.â? He kissed her hair and then leaned down lifting her chin and kissing her softly his hand brushing her cheek and back to her neck just lightly holding her in the kiss.

Back
Top Bottom