Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirate Epic (Kolath/butterfly0408)

Accepting his lips against hers, she still felt a little melancholy over the events of the last 24 hours or so. She should be so very happy right now, but while she was content, happiness seemed still out of her reach. All she wanted was to find a way to take it back. What should be hers not that she still felt robbed of.

Just then a knock came at the door, followed by Thea's voice who did not dare come in to their private time. She just wanted to let them know... "Connor, Ralph and I are going into town. We'll be back later on." That was a sort of coded message. They were going to town to assess any kind of damage done the night before.

Conner looked up at the knock and nodded calling out, â??Okay have a good time.â? He understood what she was saying but didnâ??t pass it on to his new wife she had enough going on right now to worry about that. He held her close his hands rubbing her arms kissing her hair lightly. â??You seem like you are not feeling well Amelia please tell me what is going on.â?

Down at the head of the stairs stood Ralph waiting for Thea to come back down to him. â??Ready?â? he held out his hand to her when she came back down ready to lead her into town.

Thea nodded, "Yeah. He got the message I'm pretty sure." Taking his hand as they left but by the time they got to the they were arms length apart. The town was a little tense in the air, clear to see that last nights events had not done unnoticed by the drunks of the place.

"I'm fine. I just..." she sighed a little and rolled to rest her head more firmly upon the pillow on the bed, "I just need time."

He nodded and leaned over kissing her cheek lightly before slipping deeper into the covers with her his hand lightly resting on her arm as he lay on his side facing her. â??Iâ??m here Amelia, for what ever you need more fore, I wonâ??t leave your side or I will be in ear shot.â?

Snuggling in against his chest she sighed. Suddenly being so close to his heart, being able to take in the very scent of him... it really relaxed her. So much so that she felt herself growing tired once more. She shouldn't be since she had only just recently woken up but rest was always a part of feeling. Perhaps it was part of healing her mind and her heart as well as her body. Lightly shutting her eyes, she couldn't help herself from kissing his bare skin of his chest before sighing and snuggling more into the pillow.

Conner soon settled down with her holding her close against him kissing her hair and neck lightly. He didn’t mean to but soon just holding her close was enough to make him fall asleep also.

It was a few hours later that he woke to the sound of the town outside, knowing by the sound and the point of the sun in the sky that it was well onto noon. He brushed his hand over Amelia’s hair looking at her sleeping form and smiling. At the same time he saw the food that he had brought up for them almost untouched. He slipped silently out of bed and headed down into the kitchen in just his pants to make them something for launch.

He was well in the middle of cooking when the sound of Amelia's delicate feet upon the steps as she came downstairs. She had put back on her night dress from the night before as well as now had a blanket from the bed over her shoulders. "I feel asleep..." she commented as she moved to sit at the table.

He smiled and leaving his food on the stove came over and knelt in front of her. he took her hands and kissed the backs of them lightly. “Its ok Amelia I understand you probably needed it.” he smiled and brushed a hand over her cheek. “Let me get you something to drink and eat love.” He went back to the stove and finished off the meal he had been making for them before bringing it and a pitcher of water over to the table and sitting just to one side of her.

"Thank you," she commented lightly as she took a hearty sip from her cup. "How did you know I would be so hungry when I woke?" she asked for he had made an large amount of food for them both and she could honestly eat it all herself if she had the chance.

He laughed softly and started into some of the food leaving the majority untouched knowing she would want a lot of it and willing to let her have all she wanted. “Well you didn’t eat much at dinner last night, and then both of use hardly touched our breakfast. So I have no idea how I knew, so I guess I will have to leave most of it for Thea and Ralph.” He started to pick up some his voice having been clearly sarcastic and making a joke, trying anything to get a smile out of her.

He got a little smile. Tiny as it was, it was still a smile as she dug into her food, not really being very lady like with her manners at the moment, stuffing her face and then washing it down with her drink. "I don't know what I would do without you..."

He smiled and reached over brushing his hand over her hair and then her cheek looking into her eyes. “Well you don’t have to know what you would do without me. You have me for the rest of my life I am yours.” He smiled before turning back to his food and setting into it much like she was uncaring for appearances just eating.

The smile grew a little before she went back to her food. Soon it was all gone and when she realized she had taken in most of it, she get like a total pig. She started to collect the plates to clean up after the two of them.

Conner helps clean up the dishes quickly leaving the pots for when Thea comes back. He pulled her gently away from the sink and back toward their room. “Come with me Amelia. We need to get out and do something. We have been inside too long and just need some sun. I know this nice little beach on the other side of the island that no one goes too that we can just be alone and be us.”

She sighed a little. The idea of going out was lovely but... "You're sure we'll be alone? I don't know if I could take seeing anyone else out. Everyone must know about... well... what happened... by now." She lowered her face a little bit in her continuing shame once again.

He smiled and brushed his hand over her cheek as he led her into their room. “Don’t worry, we won’t have to see another soul our entire day out. I know how to go so that they will never even see us leave.” He pulled out a shirt and pair of pants before stepping to the door. “I will let you get changed in privacy since we are both getting used to being married still.”

"Thank you," she replied. Slipping into on of her front lacing dresses and putting on a pair of ankle high boots. Lastly, she tired her hair up and then came down to meet him. "Well... how do you plan on getting us out of here unnoticed?"

He hand was just pulling on his knee high boots over his pants when she came down. “Why the back way of course.” He stood wrapping a sword belt around his waist with cutlass on his side before taking her hand lightly. “We will need to cut through a little of the jungle but shouldn’t be too rough. I have made something of a path there already since I like going there to be alone.” He walked to the door and held his arm out too her waiting for her to join him.

The hesitated a moment to take his hand, "One second...." she went to a chest across the room and pulled out some sort of wrapped package that had already been unwrapped then re wrapped again. She put it on the table and revealed a dagger with a sheath that could be strapped to the thigh. "Thea gave it to me during the party last night... a wedding gift." It would have come in handy under her wedding dress but it was to late for that now. She turned a little so she could put it on without him seeing a lot of her legs. Once it was secure, then she took is hand, "NOW I'm ready." It felt strangely comforting knowing the dagger was there.

He couldn’t stop himself from watching her placing the dagger under her skirts up high on her thigh. He nodded in approval and admiration. The princess he had once known wouldn’t have had the confidence to carry something like that even after having been raped. He took her hand and kissed it looking with new eyes at his pirate princess.

He led her out past his house which was the farthest out anyway and then into the jungle. This is where he had brought his cutlass for. He worked through vines and underbrush that had grown up since the last time he had come this way but it was not a hard trek by any means. The ground was mostly flat except for the odd root here and there and he was always there to steady her as they walked as well as pointing out flocks of birds and animals they passed.

She had been in such a jungle like place before. It amazed and left her in awe as she held his hand the whole way down the pathway. Now she truly did believe him when he said that there would be no one to bother then out this way for even if the proof had not been in the overgrowth on the path, it was such a trek, she couldn't picture many of the lazy crew mates making such the trek either.

It wasn’t much longer before they came to the beach. The sand was soft and moist the air was crisp with the salt of the sea. Everything was perfect, couldn’t have asked for a better place to spend the day. There were many large rocks around to seek shelter under, or to sit on but the sand made a comfortable place to walk on and the sun was just glinting off the water just right. “There, what did I tell you? A perfect beach to be together on.”

Now she was indeed smiling again. "Indeed... with far to much sand for shoes," she commented as she let go of his hand to make her way to the nearest flat rock. Sitting upon it, she removed her boots and left them there to get later. Wiggling her toes a little in the air a moment before she went running down closer to the waters edge, knowing he's be following soon enough. It was strangely relaxing to have her feet in the sand and then at last in the water. She sighed as sh relished in it.

Conner just watched her for a long moment seeing the girl that he had fallen in love with coming back to normal was something that he didn’t want to forget. He quickly shucked his own boots and rushed after her coming up behind her and gently wrapping his arms around her waist from behind just holding her for a long moment. “There doesn’t that feel better Amelia?”

She sighed and through it really just relaxed back against him, her hands resting upon his as they wrapped around him, "Yes. So much better. To breath the salty air and feel the sand between my feet..." another sigh escaped her as she looked out over the water. Then, like the flip of a coin she turned around and her face as just full of girlish glee, "Let's build a sandcastle!" she exclaimed. "I use to do it all the time when I was little!" She took him by the hand and ran back across the beach to collect the few things they would need. Some twigs and leaves to form the castle. "We have no mugs to make the towers so it might be a little misshapen... but it didn't matter."

Back
Top Bottom