Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

silver28 said:
True but the thing is you can do all of that on Fusion. In other words if we took:

Fusion Elemental
8/8
NO abilities

and

Uril, The Miststalker
5/5
Shroud, +2/+2 per aura on it

Fusion = Stronger with a direct comparison but... you can't target Uril so he is harder to get rid of. I can make you sack Fusion elemental also.

Fusion elemental still has more growth potential from me because he has all colors. So the knight of new alara, liege lords, dual color enchantments from lorwyn, etc...

I can counter, wither, make you sack, destroy with an all effect, etc...

Don't get into a countering war with me, it's pointless

I'm not saying Uril is a bad card, but it's not as good as fusion elemental for me.

It's called combos, I have mine, you have yours, end of story.

A countering war? Anything you can say you can do to Uril I can do to Fusion Elemental but it does not work the other way around. Also because it is all colors it is more difficult to bring out. So yes you can counter, wither, make me sack but I can do that to fusion elemental also plus more.
In the end it depends on the deck you are using it in and the combo you want to pull.

And you on page 11.... "Don't Mess with the combo master??" And then you here saying that I have my combos and you have yours?

Your 'combo' counters are horrible. Of course an opponent can always respond the idea is how difficult is it for an opponent to respond. I'll terror, dark banishing, Oblivion ring, Path to exile, Unsummon..... Your Fusion elemental.. can you do that to Uril? Of course not. And it is with that reasoning that I am saying Uril is a better card in general compared to Fusion Elemental.

What do you mean "I can't get Uril'? Barter in blood, wraith of god, lure, hideous laughter, on and on, I can still easily get rid Uril.

It's pathetically easy to bring Fusion elemental out. Kaleidostone.

I loove Kaleidastone. Sucks that I have three of them in my artfifacts, and can't get a single damn one out. Also Uril's Shroud protects him from Wrath of God?

Uril seems like the better card to me, though I'm sure Fusion Elemental has its uses.

Nope, because it doesn't target it.

Which is also why cards like Barter in blood works, and why Uril still isn't all godly.

I never said Uril is godly. I am saying that Uril is better in general then Fusion Elemental. I also stated earlier that only mass removal spells, sac abilities are the way to get rid of him. But Mass removal also hurts the person who plays it MOST LIKELY so Uril is more difficult to handle then Fusion plus his ability to boot.

I will stick to the idea that Uril is better in GENERAL then Fusion elemental.

Usually decks that have mass effects like that also benefit from it.

For example, I run Barter in blood in my token deck, and just sack a couple of tokens.

Uril would have no purpose in my deck.

And in that same situation Fusion elemental would serve no purpose. Please understand I am speaking form a casual and an EDH perspective.

When I play competitive EDH, Vintage, Legacy, Extended or Type II Fusion Elemental and Uril would have no place in a deck. When comparing two cards I don't compare situations I compare how the card is able to either adapt and such. A creature that has no abilities

Fusion Elemental (penta colored)
8/8

Terra Stomper (GGG3)
Can't be countered
Trample
8/8

Same power and toughness but has abilities.

In my opinion you right now have not justified your point at all. I have justified my point by not taking examples of SITUATIONS where the card CAN be good by being supplemented by other cards. I am explaining and reasoning why a card can be justified as better.

Anyway I see no point in trying to convince you. Point dropped... Lets talk about something else...

A stand alone card will never amount to anything.

You can't just toss in a card and go "Look, it's awesome"

A cards effectiveness is dependant on strategy, and what your going to do in tandem with it.

Fusion elemental has more growth potential.

I agree with you and I'm not saying by it self. I am saying look at its interaction with others cards, its ease of putting into play and various other factors.

Fusion Elemental vs Uril
MORE DIFFICULT TO GET OUT. You said Kaleidostar but guess what it also brings out Uril with that same card. IT IS EASIER TO BRING OUT a three colored creature that costs five then a five colored creature. Just think about that. I never said impossible. I am comparing not situations. I am comparing who easy it is from its attributes

Fusion is MORE POWERFUL. A creature with a much more beefy power and toughness makes it difficult to handle only if it is in play.

Uril has ABILITIES meaning it has much more synergy with certain deck types then Fusion Elemental. Fusion has NOTHING!!!. NONE.. ZIP NADA that is a big mark against it.

Your comment makes sense in that you have to look at a cards effectiveness and depending on the strategy it might be good or bad. But one should only take that to a certain degree of being able to apply it. Think about how many five colored decks are there that can handle putting fusion elemental in play or artifacts to cheat him in. There are not as many.

If you play magic you should understand this. If you go to tournaments you should understand this. If you go to a card shop you will understand why Fusion Elemental is a very very very cheap card.

How is it more difficult using the exact same card to bring it out?

And how does Using an artifact count as cheating? Last time I checked, that's still legal.

On top of that, I have mana acclerants that can be any mana type. For me, it's not difficult at all to take it out, nulling your statement.

The fact that it's only 2 colors limits it.

My deck FOCUSES on multi color. I have a few Exploding borders, and several cards that have the domain keyword.

How does it make it difficult to handle?

So what if it has abilities? They aren't that great.

Stand alone, Fusion v Uril.

Fine, your terror, banish, whatever. Then I just barter in blood, and Uril is gone too.

To outweight Fusion elemental's growth, you would really need to stack on the enchantments, which are easily dispelled, while Fusion still has strength on its own.

I haven't really seen other prismatic decks in this type set, but again, I handle Fusion elemental quite well.

I also use Paragon of Amesha, and Dragonsoul knight, whose abilities activate using one of each color.

Uril is over priced, and easily countered.

It may require different tactics, but for someone with brains, it's still just as easy. ^^

Glad we had this talk.

Alright.. I'm going to ask straight out.. Do you play in tournaments? I mean I play with people who go on the pro tour and place at states. I trust people who play for money and their judgements. NOT yours. Nothing you say can convince me. Also when I say 'cheat' a card in it is common place among people who play magic more often as being able to cast a spell another way besides tapping your basic land for it.

You are talking about your deck your SINGLE deck. I'm glad you found a deck that can utilize Fusion. He is a nice card that is fun to play with but I would not choose him depending on certain situations.

HAHAHAHH also now you go

Stand alone, Fusion v Uril..

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOUR LOGIC?

"A stand alone card will never amount to anything.

You can't just toss in a card and go "Look, it's awesome""

I am so glad you are a hypocrite I am done arguing with someone who has yet to provide any sort of proof that you know what you are talking about. Let me think trust people who play to win money, have fun and compete at the national level or a random dude who has proven he is a hypocrite. Alright Bye bye

Yes, I have played in tournaments, several dci sanction in fact.

I won a draft, and placed well in most of the others. The only that really failed out was the first build of my artifact deck.

Others that have won are my cat, and my Azorius.

So yes, I have tournament experience.

I was attempting to explain it by your logic.

I haven't explained my proof?

My proof is Color combinations, and with the deck I have, has more growth potential, which you seem unable to grasp.

I also explained Uril's flaw of having to massively stack Auras as compared to Fusion.

And who said I was a dude?

If your going to insult someone, please do so properly in the future.

Alright. I will apology for assuming you are a dude. I will also apologize to explain that in limited ( meaning drafts or sealed) certain cards outshine more then others.

2. I'm glad you have tournament experience. Then you should understand pro players have much more experience then either of us. (their DCI scores tend to be above 2000) meaning they are pro players. So I will apologize for that and hope you understand that.

3. You must understand that I have a color combination deck also and I am assuming you are making the assumption that Uril is the only creature. I THOUGHT you would be able to reason that a deck with Uril will have other creatures in it, usually token producers, meaning if you do try to force me to sacrifice a creature WHY WOULD I SACRIFICE URIL?!!?! I am hoping to point out your failure in assuming that Uril is just as easy?? If you want to kill Uril you need to target it and you can't do it. Unless you are going to assume that Uril will always be the only creature on the field.

4. A deck that is red, green, white of 60 cards willl easily run 8 cards of targeted removal. I gaurentee you Fusion will die. What are you going to do to take care of Uril? I mean..

What must be done in order for you to understand why Uril is better when comparing to Fusion.? .. Better yet.. Wanna post your deck list?? I want to see this deck of yours that can apparently do so much.... Are you willing to do that?

P.S. I can't see you so that is not a failure to insult you. In all honestly it still could be an insult.. dude..

Neurok_Shinobi said:
Only opponets can't target it.

It's like plated slagwurm.
No, no, Shroud specifically states that "It cannot be the target of spells or abilities."

The newer one which doesn't have a shortened name, that states "Cannot be targeted by spells and abilities your opponent controls" me and my friends nicknamed Shroud 2.0

Sorry Raziel, but Neurok is right, take a look at it:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=189645">http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=189645</a><!-- m -->

Zennarion said:
Sorry Raziel, but Neurok is right, take a look at it:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/">http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/</a><!-- m --> ... eid=189645
Not anywhere on there does it say "Shroud"

It is two different abilities.

Hehe.. yeah my friends and I call it pseudo shroud. There are I believe three creatures with that ability and it is fairly pesky.

Does anyone here have a favorite ability?

Neurok_Shinobi said:
Uril misalker does not say shroud.

I never said it did....

Nor does plated slagwurm.
You didn't say that it did, but it was said above by someone that it did. You were first to speak up.

silver28 said:
Hehe.. yeah my friends and I call it pseudo shroud. There are I believe three creatures with that ability and it is fairly pesky.

Does anyone here have a favorite ability?
I love my Drove of Elves because of it.
And I love my Reaper King's "Destroy Target Permanent" ability.

Back
Top Bottom