Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAINTS (1x1 w/DarkMukip)

More spikes dug into Yukimura’s skin at his words, making him attack more erratically. He could hear Kenzo’s words, but his mind was so scrambled he could hardly think of what he wanted to say. “I’ll kill you!!” Was all that came out in a guttural growl, teeth clenched tightly in rage.

"You'll try." Kenzo replied, keeping his attention on both Yukimura and Akihime as she fired pot shots at him. He was doing a decent job, blocking or deflecting Yukimura's tails and moving out of Akihime's fire, managing a few swipes and cuts across Yukimura's armor.

The blade only slid off his armor, and even if the blade caught his flesh, Yukimura didn’t yield, one of his tails stabbing into Kenzo’s foot to hold him in place as Yukimura tried to go for his throat with his teeth like he had before with several others.

Kenzo winced, while he was kept from moving, he still had use of his arms, and he punched Yukimura hard in the jaw with the hilt of his blade.
"Yukimura!" Akihime let her worry get the better of her and she stepped out of cover to move to him, only to have Kenzo throw one of the blades and catch her in the shoulder that held her gun. She swallowed a wail as the gun clattered to the ground, trying to reach for it with her good hand.
"If you're going to kill me, beast, then do it already. Weren't you taught not to play with your food?" Kenzo growled.

Two of Yukimura’s tails moved in tandem like a pair of scissors, cutting Kenzo’s head clean off his body in an instant. His hand shot out and he grabbed Kenzo by the hair, watching the blood pour from his neck before tossing his head down the hall with a disgusted noise.

"Daijoubu...?" Akihime moved over, scared to pull the blade out; doing so could and would speed her blood loss, "We need to get the others out...they're down the hall a little more...then we can go home...sound good?"

“Hurt..” Yukimura struggled to say, reaching out to touch the knife stuck in her shoulder, but his fingers stopped just shy of touching her. “You’re hurt..” Even speaking about the family brought forth no memories, Yukimura’s mind a twisted mess shrouded in a heavy fog.

"It's ok, I'm ok! I can take care of it later!" She smiled warmly, despite the pain addled sweats that began to form on her brow, "We need to get everyone home first!"

He stared back at her for a moment before nodding slowly, looking like he was struggling to recall something. “Yeah.. Let’s get everyone home..” He repeated, going the direction she had previously motioned to.

She perked, happy he remembered a little, before she headed down the hall to where the others were being held. She pushed open the door and peeked in, seeing the sorry state everyone was in. She fumbled with her card before scanning it against all the locks, smiling as everyone began to blubber with tears and thank her.
"There will be time for that later! We must hurry before more Doves show up! Yukimura is guarding outside but don't be alarmed by him, ok? He won't hurt you."

He let his eyes scan the hallways as he stood where Akihime had instructed him, his tails swaying slowly, ready to fight at any moment. He tried to recall the people in his family, but wasn’t that just Akihime? Whenever he tried to remember, he could only ever see her face and no one else’s.

One by one, unfamiliar scents and faces passed him, no hostility radiating from them, even as they stared in fear and awe. Was this really their Yukimura? Their staunch leader? Eventually, Akihime came out as well, her flowery scent accompanied by the heavy copper of her blood.
"We're ready to go, Yukimura...we get to go home now.."

Yukimura flinched at her words, growing tense before he relaxed slowly- he was becoming more agitated the longer he stayed in his kakuja form. “Home.. yes..” He nodded, the feeling of hunger growing deeper in his stomach.

She smiled and took his hand into her clammy one before hurrying down the hall with the others. There were more investigators and Akihime let Yukimura handle them as she moved to defend the others to the best of her ability. They were so close, they couldn't give up now.
They were right at the exit and Akihime guided everyone out, keeping her gun trained down the hall. She took her CCG card and threw it away, her blood caking the edges, and she moved to follow the last of the ghouls before there was a loud pop. She stumbled forward, pain shooting up her leg all the way to her hip and she screamed, trying to catch herself to keep from landing on the knife still in her shoulder. She looked back, eyes wild with pain and fear, as she watched Matsunaga lower his pistol with a scowl of disappointment.
"Y...Yukimura...! H-Help, I can't...!" She was bleeding way too much now and the pain was quickly chipping at her consciousness, "I-I...I can...t...move...!"

Yukimura smelled the familiar scent of blood and harsh chemicals, turning to see Matsunaga after he had just shot Akihime. More sharp armor crawled over Yukimura as his rage grew, drool dripping from his mouth. The scent of Akihime’s blood brought him back, and he quickly scrambled to Akihime, scooping her up off the ground and fleeing from the building.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry...you always have to rescue me..." She muttered weakly, her eyes barely open, "Some investigator I am...huh...?" She gave a small smile and a ghost of a laugh as she chided herself.

Yukimura held her firmly, wrapping one of his tails around Akihime’s leg to try and slow the bleeding, but that was as far as his mental falcuties could think. He didn’t know where to go, knowing little of the world outside the lab, after all, he had been born and raised there.

"There's one of our safe houses...not too far from here...it should be intact still...for the most part..." She said, "Just...Just keep going down this road..."

He was able to follow her instructions to get them quickly to the safe house, breaking in through the back door before getting Akihime inside. His armor was crumbling off now, laying Akihime down carefully on the couch. He remembered that he had stocked the house with plenty of first aid, rushing to the bathroom and digging out the kit from under the sink. Yukimura rushed back, moving to start treating Akihime’s wounds, hands shaking.

Yukimura shook his head, moving to work on her leg first. “You don’t have to push yourself.” He said, doing his best to stop her bleeding.

"Yes, I do...we don't have many of our family left...I have to do what I can for everyone..." She told him, closing her eyes, "You'll have to dig out the bullet...it's stuck...if you're too hungry, I can do it..." She tried to push herself upright so she could reach her leg better.

“I can do it!” Yukimura said, shaking his head before calming himself a bit. “I-I can do it.” He said a bit more calmly this time. He got out what he would need to patch up her leg, giving her a cloth to bite down on before he started to dig out the bullet. It only took him two tries to get the bullet out, even in his weakened state, dumping disinfectant over the wound before preparing a needle and suture thread. “I’m sorry..” He seemed to be in one of his more lucid states, but there was no telling how long it would last this time.

Tears slowly filled up his eyes and dripped down his cheeks. “Because you’re here.. because once more you’re hurt because of me…” His hands shook a bit as he sewed up her leg.

Back
Top Bottom