Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

homura (DarkMudkip/Jikkah)

Yuko spotted the familiar teary-eyed hyottoko mask of Botan, the sword smith who made Yuko’s very own sword. “I know she’s here! I already asked the other slayers, and they said she was here!”
“Please calm down Botan-dana!”
“You can’t be yelling indoors!”
Botan was fighting against the other kakushi, though it was really more of them keeping her from storming into each room one by one in search of someone. That someone was Yuko, whom she had just recently learned would no longer be needing her services as a smith.

She swallowed hard and stepped into the hall, smiling nervously, "Bo-chan. Ohayo." She said, "What a coincidence, I was actually planning on seeing you once we left!"

Botan’s head snapped to where she heard Yuko’s voice, managing to shake off the other kakushi and rush to Yuko, grabbing her by the shoulders. “You can’t fire me!” She practically wailed. “You can’t, absolutely not! I’ve already made you a replacement blade, and I promise I won’t scold you this time! So don’t say such things as you won’t need another blade!” She shook Yuko lightly; she always had been a bit eccentric, but when she received a letter stating she would no longer need Botan’s services, the Bladesmith panicked and sought her out immediately.

Yuko laughed weakly as she tried to brace herself before Botan shook her wrong and she nearly crumpled to the floor.
"Yuko-chan!!"
"Daijoubu?!"
"Botan-dana, please be careful, her leg is very sensitive!!"

Botan stopped, but didn’t let go of Yuko as to hold her up and keep her from falling. “So what you said in your letter was true..” She sounded close to tears, her mask hiding her face. “You really.. you really got hurt and can’t fight anymore..?”

"I-I wish I was lying to you, Bo-chan..." Yuko said weakly, shaking in the swordsmith's grasp, "I was so excited by your craftsmanship that I got a little overzealous..."

Botan choked back her crying, letting go of Yuko and pulling the wrapped package from her back. She dropped to her knees on the floor and started to carefully unwrap what was inside the cloth package; a sword. “I forged a blade for you, designed you a new one, even if you can’t use it, you should have it.” The blade was slightly shorter than her original blade, short and straight with a lacquered wooden sheath. The cord wrap was a sky blue color, and the guard forged in the shape of a cloud.

Her eyes softened and she hobbled to kneel before her, whimpering as she went. "Arigatou, Bo-chan...I'll use it when I must. It's beautiful, as with all your work."

“You better not break this one.” She said, running her fingers over the light colored wood of the scabbard before picking it up and holding it out for Yuko.

She laughed softly and nodded, "I promise..." She said before gently grasping the grip of the blade. When she unsheathed it, the blade almost instantly turned a pale green color, almost seafoam in hue, and Yuko smiled sadly at it.
"Incredible as always. Really, I'm blessed to have you make me another pristine blade." She said sadly, "Why not stay with us a while? I'm sure Mitsuri-sama won't mind. I missed you, Bo-chan.."

Botan heaved a heavy sigh, always loving watching the nichirin blades turn color. “I could stay for a bit, it’s a long journey back, so I don’t mind resting for a bit.” She agreed, nodding her head.

Yuko smiled brightly and sheathed her blade before bowing as best as she could, "Thank you so much, for everything you've done for me."

“Please, you don’t have to bow to me, it’s part of my job to make blades.” She said, then stood. “How long are you staying here?”

She stood with a wobble and made a noise, "I think another day or so. Mitsuri-sama wanted some time to relax with everyone."
"Are you ok to stand, Yuko-chan?"
"Does it hurt?" The other girls fretted over her and she smiled softly.
"I'm fine now, thank you. Bo-chan just rattled me a little, I'm ok."

Botan bowed to Yuko deeply, black hair falling over her shoulders as she did so. “Please forgive me! I didn’t mean to be so rough!” She apologized.

Botan bowed once more for good measure. “I still injured you regardless, please forgive my actions.” She said.

“Ah, I have plenty..” She said, standing up straight. “Regardless, I heard they have good food here, do you have time to eat?”

Botan was happy to get a chance to eat after such a long journey, returning to her room after ordering something to eat for the both of them.

Yuko liked spending this time with Botan, she was the closest thing to a friend she had when she joined the Corps. They enjoyed tea and snacks together, catching up over lost time. She explained to Botan the extent of her injury and tried to soothe her when she began to cry again.

Botan had moved her mask to the back of her head while she ate, dark red eyes sparkling when she ate her food, and watering heavily when she was told about the extent of Yuko’s injury.
“I could try to make a protective covering for your leg..” She offered over tea. “I know it won’t stop the pain, or return the lost muscles, but it would keep anymore damage from being inflicted, keep it protected.”

She shook her head, smiling. “No, of course not! I would need some time to draw up some designs, and I’d need to take measurements of your leg, but it would be an easy project!”

Back
Top Bottom