Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Assistant (Silverknight and EtherealElvenEmpress)

"Sure I can do that. I will see, There is much of my own family I don't know, my parents for some reason where exiled from the elves and ended up living with humans when my sister and I were born. Plus I think I can fix up that old abandoned barn and build a little airfield to fly in, which doesn't take long at all, at least compared to any other means of travel at the moment," he explained before he waved his hand to the older male. He then noticed Lori, and waved back to her. "Well, not so soon, I would love to see the home, learn more about my future wife and all," he said honestly. He figured he had learned a lot already so learning more wouldn't harm anything at all.

"I am guessing that you and Luna grew up here," he asked as he walked. His eyes looking at the pictures on the wall of what looked like a rather happy family, "So it is your parents Luna, yourself and a brother?" he asked as he thought for a moment. This was a large family. He figured that it would be something that Luna would then be used to. He figured his sister had a large family in part to make up for the one she didn't know meaning really didn't have. "Luna has done really awesome work, she is a wonderful woman, and great scientist too, smart as they get."

Louis did that might have excited look around. If he was going to marry his daughter he might as well let him have full reign of the house within reason of course. When Lori caught up to him she wanted to talk and find out more. “Yea. We grew up here. So are you really marrying my sister? “ Lori was older but she wasn’t married yet and she was very curious about how her younger sister was going to get married before her. “Yup. Just the three of us but we have many cousins we are actually the smallest family. We have lots of odds and uncles though my dad has many brothers and sisters as my mother. Luke, is married with his own kids already. He heard about Louis coming back and wanted to see her. We all live pretty close here. I’m not surprised Luna went to science. Dad is an engineer and Mom is a homemaker pretty much but she does Fashion. Luna took after our dad and went with science and Luke is also engineer. I guess I’m the old ball and I do something my own thing. Do you want a tour?” Lori asked as she let him towards the living room. She still didn’t tell him exactly what she did but she was giving her the rundown of the entire family. He could probably understand why Luna went to science. And with her mother working in the fashion world he could see where she got her nice clothing.

FE9B3F57-D906-44E5-9E28-FCDA53C658F5.jpeg

"Yes, I am going to marry your sister, and start a family with her," he said not worried about being honest or anything. He listened for information about Luna's family, and he could tell they were really successful in their own rights. "I see, my sister is also a stay at home mother, my brother in law is an mayor. Most of the time she focuses on education and teaching the young ones of hers about magic and their half elf heritage and such. As well as running the budget for the city too. She is a hard worker for sure," he explained about his only sister who was older than himself.

"Your home is very lovely, it is good your able to support one another too," he added as he found a seat and figured some small talk with the older sister of Luna and his future sister in law wouldn't harm anything. "My family are odd ones. My father was kicked out of the elven town he was from, and well I don't know why, but I think it is cause he was different himself. A person who had different views from the normal. My sister and I also have different views on many things then the few elves we do know who come from the traditional side. So nothing wrong with being different in my book."

Lori was all ears when Simon explained that he was going to marry her sister. It was nice and he seemed like a good guy. “I feel bad that I don’t know much about the elves. None of my family really does. We don’t get many elves in these parts. Mostly human.” she said walking by his side making idle conversation. Once they sat down she would call for one of the maids to bring them drinks and snacks. Taking a seat herself she wanted to get to know him.

“To be honest Luna was one of the first to actually leave town and find a job. No one expected her to leave and she honestly didn’t have to. We are all pretty close knit here. I’m happy that she found someone.” as Lori talks a servant brought them some hot tea and cookies before leaving them to their own devices. “Different it’s good and Luna is very different to the quiet scientist of the family. I guess I could see you being her type. It’s good for her to have someone who talks more.” her eldest sister complimented.

The look on her face became very pensive in serious especially when he talked about being kicked out. “You are really serious about marrying my sister aren’t you?” her voice was low. “I’m sure you’ll get this not only from me but from her brother and later from our dad. Don’t hurt my sister. I’ll do anything to protect her. She’s never dated and suddenly she comes back with a fiancé. Is she pregnant?” Lori whispered thinking about must’ve been the case if he was talking about marriage and being a fiancé. It would explain why her little sister would agree to such a quick marriage. “If she’s pregnant you would tell me right?” Lori hoped he would but she could not be sure.

He looked at Lori and paused thinking as he shook his head, "No your sister isn't with child yet, I don't think," he explained as it was to soon to even know that fact he was pretty sure at least. "I think I should explain how this bond between your sister and myself works," he said looking at her with a serious tone to his voice as he figured this was important to understand. That understanding it would help her understand the unique connection between himself and her. Something she wouldn't know at all as to that point at least. He leaned over and picked up a cookie and took a bite as to clear his mind and focus it as well. He then broke the cookie into two halves as to make his point.

"I feel everything your sister feels, all of her emotions, the good and the bad. I can sense if she is happy, sad, nervous, angry, and other things too. She can also feel all my emotions too. I can't actually sleep without your sister by my side, and I am pretty sure it is the same the other was as well. Your sister is the only woman whom I am actually attracted to now, the only one who makes me excited in any way shape or form. Dealing with all these changes has been hard for her, and that is why we are here to figure out perhaps a bit more as to why she has to deal with this. I won't hurt your sister as that would only be hurting myself. Just like these two halves of a cookie are really just one. Your sister and I are really just two parts of the same whole piece. Your sister is the most important person in my whole life, and my other half. So, that is why I am going to make it official, cause we are already the other half of each other. You see, this connection isn't suppose to exist between humans and elves, my sister married a human and never has had this happen to her. I was with your sister and it happened that moment. It makes me think there might be some elf in your bloodline, some sweet elf who like my father was kicked out and who used magic to hide that she was a elf and connected and adopted to human society always hiding her or his true self. "

Lori could not help but be nosy and ask more about the situation especially since her parents hadn’t pried as much as she hoped. As she listen she placed her elbow on her upper thigh and her chin on the palm of her hand. She listen to every word he had to say but of course she had no experience with people like him especially with elves were not common in this town.

“ Maybe this is a very stupid question, but what happens when you both get tired of each other or you have a big fight can you even divorce. Humans divorce all the time not all but sometimes if they don’t work out what happens if you don’t. Does that mean she’s stuck? Does it mean that you’re stuck?” this was a very human way of thinking but she couldn’t understand how they were attached and couldn’t leave each other since it was not a human trait. Her boyfriend was human and her brothers wife was human and her mom and dad were human…. and here he was saying that they had elf in their bloodline.

“That is an interesting theory but don’t else have you know…” she pointed to her regular circular ears before pointing to his. “No One in our family has those isn’t that a big sign to be an elf.” he could tell she was very curious and she didn’t mean anything by it she was just trying to find out more about him and more about this confusing situation with her little sister.

He thought about her first question for a moment, thinking about that possibility. "I have no idea, but I know this," he said leaning very close, his hands pressed up against the low of Lori's back as he leaned in close, his earl moved close to her ear as had heard the second couple of statements as well. He had an idea at the moment. His lips ended up right next to her ear. "I feel nothing even trying to tease you even for a moment," he said before pulling back. "The only one who makes my heart skip a beat is your sister, I guess your sister got her claim on my heart secure, and I think it goes the other way too," he explained openly to Lori as he gave her a clever look.

"For the record, you and your sister put off potential magic energy, something only elves can put off or people who have some elf blood in them.Now, if you want to really test out this bond, we can go and fly to a elf village, and you can walk around, and I am sure you will draw out one suitor, seduce him and find out if you too are bonded. That way we can prove if it happens twice, that would literally mean your family has to have elf blood in their family," he said looking her in her eyes with a half grin. He didn't expect her to go for it. "Also magic can hide a lot of things if you didn't notice," he said as his ears were hidden by magic looking normal, "A little illusion magic super basic stuff."

"I am going to wash up, for dinner,"
he said tapping her forehead with his finger tip. He activated her magic to make her envision some elf having pushed her back on the couch they were sitting on and ravishing her much like he had done to her sister, basically the same, she would end up figuring out how well endowed elves were via this and it would play out in her mind, her feeling everything for a good five minutes while he washed up. Was it a smart move, no, but Simon somehow didn't like his relationship with Luna questions. So it was his tiny darker side coming out for a moment.

Lori was happy to hear everything he was telling her. Of course she worried about her darling sister Luna especially when she brings a guy she never met Home especially after she didn’t even date a human in town. Simon made it a point lean in close, press his hand on the lower part of her back.

She did not try to flirt but he better do something about elves in the magic and he could see her quirk an eyebrow.“Oh no! I’m not going to try that trust me I’m not looking to get married. I don’t want to test out that logic if it works for my sister that’s fine but you’re not roping me into this. I trust what you say but I’m not testing that.” Lori backed up and shook her hand no right in front of her face. That was one magical theory she was not going to test especially if it meant her sister was now betrothed. “I mean it would be very cool to do magic but I don’t think I’m ready to get married let’s start with a magic part first.” She said in a friendly voice as she patted Simmons like gently with her freehand.

“I’ll tell you what. I’ll help you with my sister and this elf magic quest. Just…be good to learn some magic maybe.” Simon Whitfield Lori Lynn and Ashley will place a kiss on the cheek. Nothing flirty but just something very friendly. “ just treat her good and I’m up for any weird elf adventure this town is pretty boring so let me tag along okay?” she asked softly before patting his leg once again. When he tapped her for head it made her sit completely still as he gave her an interesting vision with his magic. He should know that doing something like that would make her a bit uneasy especially since she didn’t know him and now she would pretty much be out for blood fruit giving her such a vision; which was something he probably should not have done since he didn’t know her well enough. She would snap out of it and slap him for doing that. This would let Simon wash up and give Lori I need a break away from Simon since he had upset her.

Simon rubbed his cheek after he was slapped. Looking up he paused for a single second, "I am sorry, Lori, something you said really pissed me off. I overstepped my bounds, I shouldn't of taken out any frustration out on you cause of that," He said honestly before washing his face. He looked at himself, he felt his own doubts, but he was sure about Luna, hearing someone question that yet again, somehow had gotten under his skin and brought out this other side of himself. One he wasn't particularly happy about. One he wasn't that aware of till just now honestly. He let out a deep long sigh as he figured for sure it was best for him to sleep in the plane this night. He needed to get himself figured out, and on a even keel as it were. His temper had flared up against someone it shouldn't of, someone important to Luna.

He walked out and walked to the table as he sat down. It best to just wait here as he would wait for dinner. To keep himself out of trouble and to relax his mind and focus. He closed his eyes trying to focus his mind as best as he could to meditate in a way as to calm his own mind. He felt nervous being here, a bit on edge as he didn't know this family. He felt a lot of pressure in having to impress them and win them over. Had that gotten under his skin and caused him to make mistakes. Maybe, he wasn't sure, but he knew that he was now. Maybe he should slip out and skip this meal. It might be for the best, was this why humans and elves lived a part from each other normally. He wasn't sure, but this was all very new to him, and he was in a unknown situation. He couldn't feel Luna at the moment either and that also put him on edge too. In all this was just a very good day, and he didn't feel like himself.

He had got off on the wrong foot with Lori. Especially after what he just did! She was going to be mad at him for quite some time. “ i’ll probably see you at dinner but I might not even come now that was not very nice and I’m not sure if I like you.” she was a bit angry and he couldn’t believe her for being that mad especially what he planted in her head.

Lori would take a moment and go upstairs leaving Simon to his thoughts. Luna was resting and actually relaxing which she could probably feel since she was at home. He could hear commotion coming from the kitchen as Luna would make her way down there and spend time with her mother as she would help prepare dinner. Her mother did not have to make dinner but since her daughter was home she wanted to make her something nice. As Simon took a moment to himself, he could hear the hustle and bustle from the kitchen as well as voices but only two of them since it was only Luna and Lana. Luckily Lori was nowhere to be found since she just wanted to be away from simon for the time being. He was always welcome to join them if he felt up to it.

"That is fine, don't worry, understandable," he said as he could see why she was mad at him, but she had gotten under his skin and maybe they wouldn't just work in any friendly way at all. He let her got as he would head out for a bit and would work on setting things up on the old barn. He made sure to place would be good enough to sleep in. he was able to use his magic to make sure that he cut down trees to clear a runway and split them and prepare them for the spots that needed work. It was tiresome, but it was going to be a pain and would cause him to use more magic then normal, way more. He was pushing himself, but it would be worth it later. The stacks of boards would be used the next day for getting everything fixed up.

He would be back later for dinner. He figured that he would sleep in the plane as he didn't want to cause any more problems than he already had. It would be best for that to not happen. He went and sat tat the table. He hoped that Luna was doing okay and that she was having a good time with family. That he had not caused her any problems. He figured his temper was bugging him a bit more now then normal. He had no idea why that was the case though. He took a deep breath, he had to be on a even calm level. He leaned back as he waited for Luna and her family come down to dinner.

Using his magic and Luna’s elder sister was not a good idea especially since they were mostly a family of humans this was new to them and pretty scary. Perhaps he was lucky that he didn’t do it to her mother if he did that to either her or Luna’s father they might not be so welcoming.

Dinner tonight was actually the easier one since it was just the closer immediate family though so I would notice that Lori would be nowhere around. She would choose to sit this one out. Luna was there and her brother Luke decided to join them. The house was pretty noisy even with Luna and her parents and her brother. Probably less so since Lori was out doing her own thing.

“ So you are the guy in question” Luke made his presence known as he walked into the dining room with a drink in hand as he eyed Simon to see what he was about. Luna is occupied in the kitchen with her mother and her father was also in the kitchen but he was not helping only stealing bits and pieces of food since he couldn’t wait for dinner.

Simon nodded his head as he looked at Luke, he could tell that the letter L was rather popular in this family. He nodded his head as he looked over at the brother, "That would be me," he said honestly as he figured that the meal was being made. He had no clue what would even be made, but he figured it would be fine. He best be on his best behavior especially after messing up earlier. "It is nice to meet you, Luke I believe, I have heard about you some. It is a pleasure to finally meet you as well," he said honestly as he thought for a moment on how to make small talk.

"So you are an engineer, that is impressive, I have some friends who also have that profession. I am sure you always have work with how much there seems to do everywhere you work in pretty much every town," he reasoned as a way to make small talk. He figured if he could focus on his job it would be a productive way to make small talk and fins some common ground. He had to design elements of projects that used engineering, and he worked with many on various projects over the years. That seemed like the best chance to find any common ground with the human male or at least male who thought he was completely human.

“Don’t worry Luna told our mother that you don’t eat meat is that right?” Luke asked as he stepped on his drink trying to see what this guy was all about. “I hope you only heard good about me I’m not that much trouble I promise. That’s right the family engineer. Science usually runs in the family except for Lori she marches to the beat a beer from JohnScience usually runs in the family except for Lori she marches to the beat of her own drum.” Luke explained as he chose to take a seat next to Simon.

“ Luna has not told as much about you and you are pretty much a surprise. I heard through whispers that it’s an engagement? Man to man…. Or man to elf what’s going on?” Luke kept his voice down as he spoke to Simon trying to figure out what was going on since Lori was adamant to not say too much about Simon after earlier. He talk to his sister but she didn’t give away too much only that he was vegetarian and that he was an elf and that they were a couple which was very strange for Luna especially since she was not the dating sort and for her to come home with a boy let alone an elf was going to be the talk of the town!

"Well now, that is complicated, but your sister and I have a lot in common, and we were able to bond over this. I love your sister, she is smart, kind, sweet and beautiful. I don't want to spend any time away from her, or honestly the least amount of time away from her as possible. Your sister is the only woman for me, and I realized this really quickly, when we were working through a night, and when she was willing to help me and showed me so many parts of her personality. I hope she feels the same way, but I don't plan on doing anything to disrespect her at all," he explained openly about his relationship with his sister.

"Thank you about the food, as much as I wish I could fit in more, I think it would make me sick, the limitations of my race i am afraid," he explained as he looked at the brother. "I have not heard about much but what I have heard is good, and I do work with a lot of engineers," he explained, "if you ever need work or to try working on some other project, I am going to need a engineer for a lot of work in town, about an idea I happen to have to build an airport in the area, to connect your home town and my own so that we can get back and forth easier. If your down, I am sure I can get the money to pay really well."

“I’m glad to hear that. I’m sure the group of guys in town who really like her probably will not. You pretty much snagged a very eligible woman. I’m sure Luna didn’t tell you that.” Luke said as he took a sip of his whiskey.

Luke did like what he heard and at least Simon now could feel that Luna was nearby in the kitchen so they weren’t too far apart at the moment. His offer was generous but Luke said no. “ that’s a very lovely offer but I probably won’t take it I’m already married with my family up here and I don’t think our families would like it if we both took ourselves and our kids out. It is nice to see that little finally found someone as long as you make her happy it doesn’t bother me. Thought I would like to talk more about engineering if you’d like it’s always nice to have another buddy like you around. With how you talk I’m assuming you were going to stay around.” Her older brother said he was being more welcoming and trying to get to know him more especially since he was the only boy with two sisters it would be nice to finally have a brother especially if he Luna worked out perfectly.

"Oh that is fine, but you wouldn't leave here, your work would be in your town this town working on an project of mine. I would work on my side. I would pay well, but that is business work and if you change your mind just tell me. I will work on the basic design till then. The old barn, I am going to turn into a home, then I am going to clear that area out of town and build a new airport and possibly a new train station for the community. Most likely it will take a couple of warehouses too to be built for supplies that would start coming into this town. That will without a doubt bring more resources and money in for the people of your town, job chances too," he explained as it would be a boon for the future of their town without a doubt. It would also interlink their town with his home and many others as well.

He would then go on to talk about the engineering of the airport, the style and everything he thought of, even the engineering of the airplane he built and how it worked and what made him go with the radical design in most of his builds. He wasn't one to build normal things, that was rather boring. He even drew up a unique passenger plane in a notebook he had, that he had been working on for a long time. The plane would be used to transport people from place to place over a large distance, like from his home to Luke's or from the capital city to Luke's home. It would be as unique as the plane he build, there were very few people who built planes or rockets, and he and now his sister were some of those few.

Luke was very interested in what Simon was saying and it was a decent offer. He had his family in town and this was a good situation for him it would be something he would have to think about. “ with this plan are you thinking about moving here? Our mother would like that especially if he keeps Luna near us she chose to move so far away we weren’t expecting that. Honestly we thought she would stay here.” Luke would explain. Luna’s family was quite tightly knit and the fact that she went out for a different job in a different city was very different from her siblings and probably a massive shock to her mother and father.

“ so this is what you to do I didn’t think you Luna was doing engineering. At least dad will be happy to hear that you’re doing something quite useful and he won’t have to worry about Luna and her future. Does she help with the planning or did she design that?” Luke pointed to the passenger plane that Simon had showed him as he was curious about who did it but it seemed like Simon had the brains for building.” if you decide to stay in town let me know I’ll see what I can do for you around here I probably won’t be relocating but I have my hands full with projects at the moment but I’m sure I can work something out together especially if you’re gonna be part of this family you might as well put your weight.” His future brother-in-law joked and pat his shoulder twice to reassure him that he was on his side. Simon would not have to worry since he could feel that Luna was very close especially hearing her voice and the sound of plates being set in the kitchen.

Simon thought for a moment as he then nodded his head, "Yes, I am thinking about that possibility. In the future I am thinking that living away from my current home would be best. My home is nice, but it is to harsh for raising a family and their is a lack of level land for many projects and outside of looking at the stars it is far from ideal for much of anything. It is just not ideal for my future. So coming back here seems good. I think getting that land and turning it into my next research area wouldn't be back either." He explained as he leaned forward thinking his eyes focused on the flat table. For working with rockets he would have to move too. It was to cold, real fuel would freeze before it could be used and that would make any launch of anything of size dangerous.

"I haven't told her that I am thinking about it yet. We are to focused on solving a few other mysteries, but I am sure she will help a lot with the ideas. She is really smart and takes amazing notes, way better than me. Her ability to study and knowledge of many things is very impressive. She is amazing, to be honest with you, she is the one thing I needed but didn't know I needed till I meet her," he explained to her honestly as he then looked up. "I am actually using my magic right now, and have been for the last few hours to fix up the old barn where my plane is. It is draining to some degree, but it how I can get more work done. It does make it a bit harder to focus though on things."

“ You should probably tell her about any plans if I know my sister she can be stubborn at times even though she could be the most adventurous one out of the bunch. I’m still shocked she moved away and came back with a guy I’m still not over that.” Luke would joke but he wasn’t being too harsh with Simon he was listening and at least he was going to take care of his sister. “Starting a family? You tel are moving pretty fast. Do you think you’re gonna stay near our town or go somewhere else? Trust me my questioning is not as bad as her mothers when she finds this out. She will probably grill you about how far you’re going to take her away.” Luke make sure to give Simon a good morning about his mother. Lana loved having her children nearby and she heard that Luna was going to go very far she might throw a fit.

For now Luke wishes happy his sister found someone and he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. As long as he treated Luna right nothing would make him upset. “So… Magic. I don’t know anything about magic really so that’s all up to you but how do you use that with your job other than fixing of things while you’re not there and how can you concentrate?” Luna’s brother was more interested in hearing about how he could do two things at once especially since Luke had no idea how much it could really work. “I’m actually pretty jealous of you I wish I could use magic that we got a lot of work done really quickly everything’s manual for me so even if I can help you it’s gonna be the good old hands that’s gonna be doing it. Do you think humans can ever use magic or is it just elves? I know it’s a silly question but humor me.”

"Of course, I plan to make the final plans with her and work though things with her," he said as he looked and then nodded his head, "Yeah, things tend to work that way, but right now we have to figure out this bond that we have, and why we have it. We are looking to meeting with her grandmother so we can ask her a number of questions to get more information and to learn about things. I am sure we can figure out the rest as it comes about, but I think there is a good chance we will have a kid in the next year at the rate things are happening between us," he explained as he was not going to get into any more detail as it was obvious what he was referring to anyhow.

"Magic is different for anyone," he said happy to change topics, "I can use it to create shields of heat, and to keep warm, I can also use magic to move objects and well work without being nearby. It allows me to get more work done. I am using half my focus. I trained a lot to work on focusing, a lot of meditation and a lot of centering myself. I am rather good at it now, I can do it without thinking, but at first I had to put in a lot of work into advance my control over my magic," he explained as he thought for a moment. "No, I don't think so, I think you have to have a bit of elf in you to use magic. Many times, elves in the past would hide themselves as they were afraid of humans. Then they would have kids and grandkids and these offspring who would be mostly human would have magic because of the little bit of elf blood in theirs," he explained openly.

“That’s good up hear. I’m sure you’re probably sick of this question and I am going to probably be like the 15th person to ask you so upfront is my sister already pregnant?” Luke Just had to ask considering the engagement was so sudden and his sister was quite a proper lady and was wondering maybe that was why the engagement was sudden and new. There was no judgment in her brothers voice he was only curious about his younger sister.

When Simon mentioned the grandmother he took a sip of his whiskey and soda before continuing. “Our grandmother lives quite a bit away so it will take a good day trip to get her here since she prefers to live up near the mountains in her old age with our grandfather. We would love her to live here maybe she will after finding out about Luna. She really loves the outdoors it’s hard to get her to stay in the city for longer than a week.” He began to tell Simon about their grandmother and how she really was not a big fan of the cities. The fact that he was talking about them having a kid very soon it made Luke think that Luna was probably already pregnant. That would probably keep the grandmother in the city for longer than she normally would stay.

The topic change was not a bad thing especially since Luke was very curious about magic and what time and was saying was quite enlightening. “What Do you mean part else we are pretty much a Simple human family. At least I think so I’ve never been able to use magic at all either me or my sisters. So are you half human yourself or a full elf I’m not sure how it works.” Luke Was much more open to talking than his other sister Lori. It was a nice change of pace to have someone to talk to you on his level and Luke was more interested in using magic part especially with his career. If Simon was right he could use magic that could be a game changer and would help him build his business even better. “ so what makes you think that Luna and our family have elf blood? You said something about bonding with my sister but if you’ve bunch with her does that mean we all have something or just Luna?”

"I have no idea, but your I do know that I share a bond with your sister. I can feel everything she feels, I can sense what is on her mind. We are kind of like one being in some ways, where we can sense what is on the mind or rather the emotion of the other. Fore example, I know that she is very happy right now to see her family again, and a bit nervous about finding out things from her grandmother. I know that or rather am sure that she actually can't sleep well without me near her anymore either," he explained as he looked at the brother. "Now it does go both ways, she can sense what I am feeling without a doubt. Also I can't sleep very well without her near me or knowing she is safe."

He listened about the grandmother, yeah he was more sure she was a elf all the time. He still had to make sure of the fact, and if she was part of fully elf was something he had to figure out too. "Your sister does know magic, I can sense her magical abilities and only people with elf in them can bond as we have. I am full elf, one hundred percent as far as I know at least," he explained openly.

He thought for a moment remembering the bit of magic, "I am not good at this but watch my ears carefully, I am horrible at this type of magic, but others are good," he said as for a few seconds his ears changed to look like a normal human's ears. He wanted to make a point that some elves could even hide the fact they had pointed ears if they wanted. He couldn't for more than a second though. "See, some elves hide that they are elves as they are afraid of humans and fear that they will go after them. They thus pretend to not be humans and avoid showing traits of being elf at all. Plus maybe the gene for being a elf is only active in your sister, that is possible too. It could be dormant in the rest of the family that happens to I think. It is possible you also have it though, but not sure."

Luke was very focused on Simon especially when he talked about how his sister knew magic. That was very new information to him and probably most of his immediate family since none of them knew how to do any magic at all. “So what you’re telling me is you can tell what my sister is thinking right now? I’m not sure if I can handle that kind of bond my wife is just human like me but with you too isn’t that difficult?” He was not being mean he was just curious about the bond that he had with Luna. For humans have a man’s like this seems like something out of a fairytale or a novel.

Luke would focus on Simon when he told him to look at his ears and he was confused about what he was going to do but right before his eyes Simon changed his ears into human ones! It almost made Luna’s older brother jumped back since it was something that he wasn’t used to seeing. Her brother was speechless!

It took him a good few minutes just to calm himself down and he would not mean to be rude but he pointed at his ears. “ Does it hurt when you do that?” He asked focusing more on the magic that he just used. Simon might be right since he probably couldn’t sense any magic with her brother but it might just be Luna who got the lion share of whatever genetics her grandmother might have. From the looks of it her family was very human.

As he chatted with her brother he could feel that Luna was in the kitchen relaxing and actually pretty happy from being around her family. Perhaps her happy feelings would brush off on her elf mate as she would soon join Luke and Simon by bringing out the large salad in her hand to sit on the table as a prepped for dinner.

"It does cause more challenges, but that also means I have a greater sense of what is on her mind and when I need to help and support her. It means that I things I think are a bit easier to communicate as I don't have to guess how she is feeling or try to read non-verbal clues so much. So basically prose and cons really," he explained as he gave the male a smile. "There is no hiding things at all, you have to be honest, which is good and bad to some I guess," he explained as their link made them be honest to themselves and each other more openly than others.

"No, no pain, I am just not good at that magic, so I lose focus on it really quickly. I know masters at it who can do so for days, months years, small things really, but they are impressive. Every type of elf and every elf has different natural gifts and skills in magic. My sister for example is good with potions and making magical trinkets. I am good with creating extra hands for work basically. Others are good at illusions or agriculture, all sorts of random stuff sometimes too."

He moved over and moved the chair next to him as he waited for Luna to rejoin him. He could seen that and he was looking forward to it too. "I am completely unattracted to any woman who is also not your sister too, for the record, only she draws my eyes. That too I think is part of the bond."

Back
Top Bottom