Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pleasant Beach - OOC

Liminal

Star
Welcome to the OOC thread for Pleasant Beach!
Character Thread
IC Thread

This is our spot for all OOC discussion, questions, and general chatter. Please use it for planning any scenes you have in mind. Remember to post any characters you plan to play in the character thread, linked above.

Since it's just three of us for now, maybe we should start off with all of us together? If Ayaka's new to the neighborhood, maybe she could happen across Camilla and Alex having some fun somewhere public; Camilla would be eager to help the new arrival feel welcome. I don't have many more specific ideas, but I'm all ears if anyone else wants to do anything.

One thing I'll bring up that everyone should keep in mind: think about how your characters can afford to live in Pleasant Beach. It's not as crazy expensive as a neighborhood like this normally would be, since a lot of the demand one would expect is filtered out for obvious reasons, but it's still by no means cheap. If your character doesn't have access to some wealth, think about what other arrangements they might have that make up for it.

Also, for Alex: I don't know if you imagined Pleasant Beach having its own precinct, but I don't really see that being the case. More likely Alex's department covers a larger area, and he's the one assigned to that beat in particular. Just wanted to be clear.

Last edited:
That is what I imagined, that he's assigned to that particular beat, and they fall under the jurisdiction of the Orange County Sheriff's Department. Perhaps there's a small police substation with a comfortable enough place to sleep for whichever officer is assigned the Pleasant Beach beat. There's usually only one, but occasionally two of them who may or may not (read: may) be fucking each other are assigned the beat. Regardless, the substation is there perhaps to shorten the divide between the cop and the community he protects and also perhaps because the precinct is several miles away.

As far as his first encounter is concerned, I will not say no to Camilla, but Ayaka is my first choice :D

That all sounds good to me regarding the police situation. As for our first scene, I was just thinking it would make more sense to start with Camilla and Alex briefly since they're both familiar with the neighborhood--I figured that could easily transition into Alex (or both of them!) having some fun with Ayaka. For what it's worth, Camilla loves nonchalant quickies, so whatever they get up to wouldn't have to be a long scene or anything.

SMG, what do you think?

I think a scene with Camilla, Alex and Ayaka sounds fun. Helping the girl get comfortable.

Awesome. How new is Ayaka exactly? Did you want her to literally just be arriving (though even in that case, I would assume she sort of knows what to expect), or a little more settled but still getting used to things?

The first setup that comes to mind for me is Ayaka checking out a cafe near her new place for the first time, and running into Camilla and Alex there. How's that sound?

I am thinking moved in just got her apartment settled. Hasn't really gotten to know the local. Ayaka does like coffee. Could be a fun encounter.

Okay, cool. In that case, I can start us off IC with a little scene-setting, bring in Camilla, and then you can both jump in as you like. If that sounds okay, I should be able to put that together in the next couple days.

Looking forward to starting this!

Oh, I'd missed that Alex was brand new as well! Although I'd expect he'd already be somewhat familiar with the neighborhood before being assigned there; were you thinking he's been around before and this is just his first day on duty?

By the way, I should probably mention I personally expect to be posting around once a day. No problem at all if others do more or less in their own scenes, but just so y'all know what to expect.

Oof, poor time to be delayed on my part, sorry folks. Today was a lot. I will get a post up tomorrow. Thanks for the patience.

Yes, sorry, busy day yesterday. I'll be posting today, and should be more available and responsive going forward.

Aaaargh, I'm so sorry 😰 I was coming home from a weekend trip yesterday, returning to my own place for the first time since my ex fully moved out, trying to make sure my cat was okay and get situated and figure out where everything was. I checked this thread right when I got home, knowing I was late posting, and told myself I'd get a post up later that afternoon, but it was harder emotionally and practically coming back than I'd expected and I just couldn't make myself do it. I really, really don't expect any more delays like that in the near future, though; I'm mostly settled in again, back at work for the week, and will be on my computer regularly.

Yay! So I think that we can dispense with the posting order we've seemed to establish for the moment, since Camilla and Ayaka are speaking and Alex's participation is not really necessary, although I could jot something down where he's checking one or both of them out? Up to you guys.

Yeah, I think we're stuck in enough that we don't need to stick to a turn order for the scene now. Feel free to post whenever it feels natural for your character to say or do something. For the record, I would love to see Alex start to play with Camilla as she's having this conversation, but up to him, of course.

Back
Top Bottom