Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons (OOC)

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Story

Characters

Once we have agreed upon your character and you have it posted in the Characters thread, please move your OOC chat here, we will leave the original interest thread if and when we want to draw more people into our little game.

Last edited:
So, anyone interested in being a 'bodyguard' for Ixana's likely-to-be-ill-fated plan? :D

In addition to Ahlanna's request above, I'm open to any of you interested in playing either an NPC or a second character if that is something you would like, particularly slavers.

Just some gentle nudges regarding posts needing replies, I know it is easy to lose track sometimes or just busy in RL. Just try to keep us in the loop if there is a problem. Thank you.

@Redone95 Here.

@Illven Here.

@ChrisGabriel Here.

Let me know if you are waiting for a response that I missed here.

@ChrisGabriel I love the lock picks in the hair and the flexing and swaying to make it a little more difficult to bind her. I'm not sure where else on her body at this point she could hide such things but am open to a good and reasonable description. I wouldn't limit picking the lock to the only way of escaping but in either event, there will be a roll involved so don't assume you are free when you want to be. But she will have multiple chances if needed. I'll give Betty a chance to get her part done before I reply and Alma starts her little dinner party.

If you are insistent on trying to escape right away, I'd say you need a natural 20, so there is a small chance. Though her host might find it a bit rude (though impressive), but I won't stop you from trying, that is your call.

@ChrisGabriel I love the lock picks in the hair and the flexing and swaying to make it a little more difficult to bind her. I'm not sure where else on her body at this point she could hide such things but am open to a good and reasonable description. I wouldn't limit picking the lock to the only way of escaping but in either event, there will be a roll involved so don't assume you are free when you want to be. But she will have multiple chances if needed. I'll give Betty a chance to get her part done before I reply and Alma starts her little dinner party.

If you are insistent on trying to escape right away, I'd say you need a natural 20, so there is a small chance. Though her host might find it a bit rude (though impressive), but I won't stop you from trying, that is your call.

Oh no, Tathariel is definitely biding her time, just waiting for the best moment to get loose... It does not mean that she would try to get right away, just to get a head start before loosing too much composure. (Think of it that she is 'taking ten' if shecould not 'take twenty', but if really needed, I would roll later.)

Also, she could have a steel ring that is really something like a slap-on-armband, so curls up naturally - but if slightly bent in the middle along its lenght, it stays 'erect', and has different ends for lockpicking different smaller locks. Can have a similar armband for forcing locks / sliding through cracks.

And of course if she could have palmed a spare key, she would have that.

@ChrisGabriel and @Ampere

I am very much enjoying your scene!

It is by no means critical to the story, but the business end of the toy is made of ivory, a common material for early examples of such things, at least among those who could afford it. More like the density of wood than metal, and I imagine not as cold feeling and can be polished smooth. The tuning fork coming out the other end would by necessity be metallic but not as thick or heavy as the phallus itself.

You are welcome to continue as you like but I was just offering that detail if you want to use it. My powers of description are not always what I hope them to be.

I am very much enjoying your scene!

It is by no means critical to the story, but the business end of the toy is made of ivory, a common material for early examples of such things, at least among those who could afford it. More like the density of wood than metal, and I imagine not as cold feeling and can be polished smooth. The tuning fork coming out the other end would by necessity be metallic but not as thick or heavy as the phallus itself.

You are welcome to continue as you like but I was just offering that detail if you want to use it. My powers of description are not always what I hope them to be.
Edited the end of my post a little.

@skyfetcher Welcome to the story! I should be able to write you in somewhere later this evening. If you are anxious to get started you could place yourself along the river just east of Yartar, a barge will be coming along soon. Otherwise I shall use Jenine to introduce some aspect of the Dungeon where everyone is headed.

@Ampere and @ChrisGabriel if the scene I put you in is too awkward or limiting, we can push past it and get you two headed to the dungeon. Just let me know, I can be flexible.

If you have a good opening, I'll definitely wait. I can tell I'll be the slowest or close enough here anyways, so no rush. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

@skyfetcher I think we will pick you up along the river, since no one is yet at the dungeon, it might not be real fun for you right yet. Feel free to write yourself on the riverbank east of Yartar, we should be to you in a post or two. I prefaced it a bit in this post.

I really like where you are going with this. I intended to set a high bar for Tathariel to escape while being distracted. But you play her confident enough to handle it so I'll lower it to 14 or better on a D20 that Tath can get her hands free before Betty finishes her task. That is, if you choose to attempt it. Also a reminder as to position (NSFW)

I really like where you are going with this. I intended to set a high bar for Tathariel to escape while being distracted. But you play her confident enough to handle it so I'll lower it to 14 or better on a D20 that Tath can get her hands free before Betty finishes her task. That is, if you choose to attempt it. Also a reminder as to position (NSFW)
Is that a plain roll, or would I be adding my dexterity and skill bonuses? Because then I am 'taking ten', and taking my time to do it right, waiting with the acting until Betty is in the right position or/and seems to be ready to leave the near by position...

(I rolled 10 for now, anyway...)

Latest was a bit short from me mainly to allow the captor player a good shot to grab, nab and begin; she's resistant, but not very strong at all, so feel free to make some progress in doing what you'd like and I can pick up on her side with the reply. Figured I'd get something out early since I'm gone pretty much the entire day anyways.

As is often the case with group RPs, we have people writing at much different paces. If you need me to poke a partner or reset some scenes, let me know. I tend to assume no news is good news but I know that isn't always the case. We are getting to know each others styles and paces, I think this setup allows for some different speeds with the right pairings.

As is often the case with group RPs, we have people writing at much different paces. If you need me to poke a partner or reset some scenes, let me know. I tend to assume no news is good news but I know that isn't always the case. We are getting to know each others styles and paces, I think this setup allows for some different speeds with the right pairings.
Well, I would be happier with faster replies... However, the scene itself is very okay with me.

@Ampere can you give us some input as to how soon you might be able to reply? The scene seemed like fun but it is not essential to the story by any means. If you think you can jump back in soon that would be great as you have a willing partner, I can also find another path for you to stay in the story at a more comfortable pace.

@ChrisGabriel just let me know if you want me to move things along, you are welcome to wait and see how it goes, but it is up to you at this point.

OOC communication goes along ways towards keeping a lively story going. We can group players that have similar posting frequencies. I think most of us can work with delays, but it always helps to know what is going on at the other end of the internet.

I'm definitely better off in the slow camp for a drawn out romp, rather than anything that would expect multiple replies a day. I can do it on occasion, but it's the exception and not the rule. That said, after this post I believe I'll be able to avoid, er, tying up people too much save at their convenience... let me know if you'd like me to take a bit more agency in progression as I'm accustomed to leaving wide openings for the other party including NPCs unless they're ones I've explicitly set up.

I see a post a day or two as being a pretty good pace. I get more concerned when we start getting 4+ without a post, or at least a quick note OOC to say when to expect something or to discuss ideas or problems. A week makes me wonder if someone is still playing. We all have rough stretches from time to time, but a word OOC goes a long way.

Hopefully those are some decent sandbox rules to keep the play alive. I've enjoyed some rapid fire posts the last few days, but I don't see that as a long term normal, nor do I expect it from anyone.

My apologies, I'm being absolutely hammered by RL at the moment. I think it's probably best that I bow out and allow some more reliable posters to take over. Thank you all, and sorry once again.

Back
Top Bottom