Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Blood dripped from her nose and the pain in her head became splitting, making her wail in agony. “Stop this!! Stop hurting me!!” She snapped back, feeling as though she were being choked. Why was Kojurou being so cruel to her? Kojurou? Who was that?

Jin swung out hard, knocking away Mitsuhide’s hands and letting out a scream. She felt like her head was going to split open and tear her in two.

She was breathing heavily, looking at him with wild eyes, but she didn’t strike out at him again. Slowly she would calm down, still holding herself tightly. “There was a man here..” She whispered. “A man broke in and was in here..”

Jin nodded slowly, looking numb as she sat on the bed, the bleeding in her nose stopped now. “Please get him out.”

The situation at the Date estate was quickly going downhill, Megohime still locked in the bunker, but was now being interrogated by several of Masamune’s supporters. Megohime grunted again as she was punched hard in the gut, making her gag and cough. She had been tied to a chair, nose dripping blood onto her shirt; what was happening could barely be called interrogation, as it seemed the men really just wanted a chance to take pot shots at Megohime for fun.

Megohime didn’t say anything, taking each hit and slap with gritted teeth, keeping her burning glare on the floor. What was Masamune thinking? Why wasn’t he keeping his men in check?

"We were waiting for hittonto finally realize how bad it was to keep you around."
"Took him long enough!" They laughed as they continued to take turns hitting her.

Megohime’s face and ribs hurt, each strike as heavy as the last, but still she held her tongue. She just had to wait, just had to hold out for Masamune to come and put a stop to what they were doing, and everything would be fine again.

"That's enough." They froze when they heard Kojurou's voice and moved to leave quickly. The older dove moved into the bunker and frowned.
"I'm sorry this is taking longer than expected. Masamune is shutting himself away."

Megohime groaned and sat up in the chair when Kojurou came in, rather roughed up. “You haven’t gotten through to him..?”

“Then let him have his boogeyman.” Megohime said, keeping her eyes on the floor. “If he’s so convinced I’m his monster.. maybe that’s how it should be.”

“Maybe.” Megohime felt the same burning guilt crawling up the back of her neck. “Maybe he’s just tired of dealing with my messes..” Megohime knew she hadn’t killed anyone, knew she hadn’t done anything wrong, yet part of her felt Masamune would be justified in killing her now after all this time.

"This is nonsense! There must be something else! Perhaps he just needs therapy!" He argued. It was strange, hearing him try to protect her, especially after hating her for so long.

“Kojurou.. you already know I’m dying..” Megohime said. “It’s just easier this way.” Megohime had been consulting with the estate doctor, finding that her body was no longer holding up like it used to. After finding out that her body was starting to give out, she went to Kojurou to help her keep it secret from Masamune, and that was only a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom