Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

Wyn frowned wondering exactly how he had been born, or created "O-oh." she commented, falling silent as she walked with him swiftly.

He smirked and nodded to her before he stroked his fingers slowly along his hair while he stopped. "Mmm so would you like to continue across the first river of sand or would you rather we camp here for the night?" He said as he looked over to the sun getting close to the horizon. "It gets freezing here at night, sand doesn't absorb much heat so it gets cold the minute the sun is gone." He said slowly.

"I mean we can continue if you think you can take it." He said as he looked to her with a slight nod before he sat on the incredibly hot sand.

She shook her head slowly "No, I a-am ti-tired." she admitted and sat carefully on her cloak, to ward off the heat of the sand.

"I guess I should get to making this structure." He said as he hit the sand roughly and created a large hole due to the vicious strike. He suddenly spun and began to viciously pound the sand about himself moving in a small circle then wider and wider till he made a half sphere of packed sand in the ground. Eventually he stopped leaving the bottom of the sphere flat, it was about twenty feet at the top and ten at the bottom. "The sand shifts so basically it comes apart after a while if erected thus no above ground structures." He said with a slight nod.

She frowned and stepped back to give him room after standing "Oh, s-so t-this w-w-will g-give us st-stability?" she asked, not understanding why he did that.

"Sand will shift but it will go from the outside towards the center, the compression of it and forcing it out like this will make it so that the sand takes its time to get back to center. Thus it will collapse eventually but its working from the outer edge towards the center, versus if I'd made an igloo or some sort it would collapse upon us." He said to her simply before he pulled a large black tarp out from his pocket as he continued pounding till he was about six feet below the surface.

Wyn listened, sitting cross-legged now "Ma-makes it more st-stable." she stated, understanding and nodded, watching him, having the idea that she wouldn't have had the strength to help him. "Why a-are yo-you dig-digging s-so deep? It'll be co-cooler down th-there right?" she asked.

"The sand works from the outside in, this is one solid structure, anything else would be composed of various parts. One large mass less surface area, lasts longer." He said with a nod. "That and gravity isn't working against it, I'd rather sand start sliding inwards and we get a bit sandy than we be buried." He said with a nod. "I'm digging so deep because this is the structure, I'll cover this with a tarp start a fire in the center and we sleep." He said as he made the circle wider as he punched quickly. "Magic is a bad idea here...things show up." He said simply.

"I ag-agree." she replied smiling a bit and nodded slowly "I wont c-cast an-any spells then." she replied, looking around as well, keeping alert.

"They're wraiths dear, of things that have died here, magic feeds their blood thats soaked into the sands, millions of them. Dirael came here for training...and I cast a spell, and a few thousand showed up..and I left him..oh man was he mad." He said with a slight laugh as he shook his head.

Wyn shuddered lightly, that sounded horrid, both the wraiths and the training "I b-b-bet he w-was." she commented, shaking her head.

"It was funny, and hey he improved as swordsman...shame about that scar he's got though." he said with a slight nod and a sigh. "Told him not to face off against Imoji but did he listen..noo." He said with a shake of his head. "Oh, Imoji is one of the more powerful wraiths, used to be a swordsman amazing speed on him even compared to me." He said with a slight nod.

"S-scar?" she asked and listened, before smiling wryly "I'll b-be c-ca-careful n-n-n-not to f-face him." she stated, not even wanting to see any of the wraiths.

"Yup from his right shoulder to his left hip." He said with a slight nod as he finished packing in the sand. "Now to finish this up." He said as he bit his finger and dropped a single droplet of blood into the sand before he leapt backwards pulling her with him as a plume of flame shot down from the sky. Biting his finger he splashed the same spot over and over until eventually the sand was left a dull glowing red color. "We wait for it to cool makes a nice glass bowl, cover it up and wolla." He said with a nod.

Wyn made a face, that had to have hurt and taken a very long time to heal. She kept out of the way and watched him work and gasped as she was dragged out of the way, watching the fire roar down from the sky repeatedly and blinked "Co-cover it with the t-t-tarp?" she asked, wondering if he had meant to say "Voila."

He must have really pissed him off, that wraith tore into him. I mean I saved him but usually I can do it without scarring but this wound was a product of some rather deep rage and hatred. I mean its as if he used his sheer rage to wound him with..anyway." He said with a shrug. "I'm sure we have nothing to worry about...kinda." He said with a slow nod. "But don't wander around once the sun sets." He said simply.

"I w-wonder w-what hap-happened?" she murmured and shook her head "I c-can ta-take w-watch. I w-w-won't wan-wander." she promised.

"Why? You and I really are alone.." He said slowly. "I mean besides the wraiths, and the dragons, and the sentient fire..nobody here." He said with a slow nod before he pointed. "Well and Azazel a few hundred miles that way..we can't fly so we walk." He said slowly to her. "So I could have read your book but that's rude, well I skimmed small parts, but tell me about yourself, and I'm sure you have questions about our organization and myself."

She shrugged "E-even s-so, m-might b-be a g-good idea to be al-alert." she commented and looked around and back to Anansi "Wh-what did you s-skim and what do you w-want to k-know?" she asked, tilting her head. It was an odd thing, a being like Anansi asking her to tell him about herself, and she did have questions about the organization.

He laughed softly before he shrugged. "It doesn't matter if I don't hear it come from your own mouth, what would I find." He said as he narrowed his eyes slightly. In the slowly dimming light they glowed like embers staring out from his ethereal face before he looked about. "Anything, everything, nothing, its up to you what you will tell me." He said with a slight laugh.

"Y-you c-c-ould al-already find it in th-that b-b-ook." she pointed out, watching his face for a long moment and sighed, nodding. She told Anansi of her birth in the city of Altdorf, and her being taken to the city of Kislev where she was raised, speaking of her aunt, uncle and cousins. She spoke of her becoming a bard and travelling to find her family, giving a shrug "N-not much m-more then th-that." she murmured.

"You learn alot about a person why what they are willing to tell you." He said slowly with a smirk before he gently strokes his fingers along through his hair while tilting his head. He listened, he didn't so much as change expression before he smiled to her. "Sounds like an active life." He said simply not wanting to comment, criticize or question." He slowly stood and stretched before looking to the black glasslike bowl behind them.

"Tru-true." she mused and watched his unchanging face as he spoke, giving a tiny, embarrassed smile "N-not re-really, the-there's s-so m-much I w-want to d-do y-yet." she murmured, glad at least that he hadn't dismissed her short life.

Back
Top Bottom