Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

"Well this will be fun." He said as he tore open a rift before them with a slash of his hand. Picking up a canteen nearby and a compass he stepped through the rift dropping a few feet to land on the southern side of a large sand dune. "come on then." He called htrough the rift.

The sand was a pure white making the heat that much worse as it reflected rather than absorbing any of it. The sun high above them was a slightly lighter yellow than that of Earth's indicating they were in a place not quite within the normal realm." This is the only place anyone can port to besides the source...now we walk..it'll be a few days." He said a she handed her the canteen. "It never empties so go wild if you wish." He said as he walked slowly forward. The canteen looked normal except for an aqua colored jewel set deep in its center with various symbols etched around it.

Wyn winced at the heat, already starting to sweat. She wondered where they were and nodded taking the canteen and drank some water, walking along before offering the canteen "W-want so-some?" she asked.

"I don't need water or food, I mean I do enjoy them on occasion but I don't take nutrients from them." He said slowly to her with a nod. "My organs are pretty much cosmetic." He added soon after with a slight nod as he headed down the dune, however from positioning it was obvious he was headed into the desert rather than out of it.

"O-oh." she stated and shrugged, taking another sip and using a cloth to dab her forehead. She followed him at a quick a pace as possible, the merciless sun beating on them both.

"Oh...yeah.." He said as though remembering something. Pulling a deep blue cloak from his pocket he tossed it to her. "Imbued with frost magic, won't take off all the heat but will take off some, enough that you won't get heat stroke and die..I hope." He said slowly.

She blinked and caught the cloak, swirling it over her body and felt a wave of coolness pass over her. She sighed in relief now it felt like she was in a hot summer day, not a deadly heat and walked on.

"Mmm the wyverns aren't out aren't you in luck." He said as he occasionally glanced skyward. "Azazel is usually very heavily guarded." He added with a soft sigh.

"I-i've h-head of wy-wyverns." she replied with a nod and blinked as she caught up with him "Az-Azazel?" she asked, blinking.

"Yeah, he was..its a long story." He said waving it off. "But he's basically the most guarded prisoner in existence..well against mortals anyway, anyone can go see him, but freeing him...ehh." He said with a slight shrug and a laugh.

"Disobeyed the maker, created the nephilim, taught mortals how to make weapons, impregnated Lilith after being ordered to avoid her, take your pick. Even Lucifer is afraid of him." He said as he continued to walk saying all of this nonchalantly. "That and various other offenses."

"And w-w-we're g-g-going t-to se-see h-him?!" she exclaimed eyes wide as she walked with him, stumbling a moment in the sand.

"Yup." He said slowly as he continued to walk. "The security measures are for him and him alone. Though the wyverns attack all non angelics on sight..and the sand worms...and the storms, and the freezing cold nights, and the sun, and I can't remember if it was here the sand occasionally gives way and consumes travelers, haven't been here since I first met Dirael." He said slowly with a slight nod before he reached out a hand to grab her before she tumbled down the dune.

Wyn's eyes widened and she looked a bit terrified at the aspect of all of those dangers. She shivered "Th-thanks." she stated, as he steadied her and she gathered her footing once more.

"Nah you're with me, I mean focus on what matters..I'll survive." He said teasingly to her as he continued to walk following the compass as he did so. "Hhmm that's odd." He said stopping and looking over to one end of the desert. "You feel that warmth?" He asked as he looked about. "I've felt that be...can't be." He mused to himself.

Slowly a swirling pillar of flame came up over the hill and raced past them passing within a few hundred feet before it slipped over to another ridge. "Oh ...its noon already.." He said as he watched it pass.

Sorrows Solace said:
Wyn gaped and her eyes widened as she stared over at the writhing pillar of flame and gasped "Wh-w-what was t-t-that?!"

"A lot of creatures die here.." He said slowly. "Thats the Janitor of sorts, I guess something died off in that direction, it goes there and expands. It cooks the sand till the object breaks down, keeps the place clean prevents things from blowing to Azazel for him to try and make into picks or anyhing." He said with a nod.

"O-oh, h-how cr-creepily ef-efficient." she replied simply, and walked with him, minding her steps "H-how l-long has Az-Azazel b-been here?" she asked.

"seventy thousand or so years." He said with a slight shrug. "I mean it was about a thousand years after your planet was made that he was imprisoned." He said nonchalantly. "My father never really got over it..they were so close."

She blinked, surprised, that was a long time (which was a gross understatement), and nodded slowly "Your f-father?" she asked curiously.

"Well its technically the being that donated the male part of my essence, but for a while he was a father so I guess he is." HE said slowly as he turned and began to walk again with a slight snicker.

Back
Top Bottom