Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cold man..

She blinked looking at him in surprise as he spoke. He knew what she was, and he didn't care? That was more then touching and she turned her face away brushing at her face lightly "Th-th-thank yo-you." she murmured voice quavering. It meant more then she could say to have him not shy from her because she was a half-ghost, something that people thought depraved and evil. "W-wa-watcher? And y-you c-ca-can f-f-find m-my m-mother?" she asked, longing in her voice and eyes.

"Hun, if you saw me in one of my other forms or what I really was I'm sure you'd be alot more shocked than you'd imagine." He said plainly to her. "That and I've seen more than you could likely dream of in a thousand life times." He added before he sighed. "Yes, your guardian angel as it were, he watches everything you do and documents it, kind of like an ethereal voyeur of sorts." He added. "As for you family, sure we can do it that way too, start at a point and search. I have a rather large spy network."

She smiled up at him shyly "Pr-probably." she commented, agreeting with him and blinked "C-co-could I m-meet h-him?" she asked curiously and nodded "Ple-please, it-it's a-all I've ev-ever wanted." she murmured.

"Sure...Inariel..if you will." He said before a face shimmered into being. It was behind a silver mask that created a featureless face. "You can't see his face though, thems the rules." He said slowly before he snapped his fingers. As he did so a bright blue book appeared in his hands, its cyan cover looked somewhat odd against its navy blue pages with gold lettering littered across them in strange characters.

She blinked "Hel-hello Inariel" she stated, smiling. Wyn frowned and tilted her head "Ru-rules?" she asked curiously, not trying to be difficult but honestly wanting to know. The book appeared and she tilted her head "W-what's that, the b-book y-you t-talked about?"

"Yes, rules, you can't see what he looks like or hear his actual voice, you can hear it masked though." Anansi said to her. "I mean ask him anything, but I can look it up here, how many people you've loved, when you lost your virginity, your first pet." He said slowly to her.

"O-oh, o-okay." she replied and blinked, her face flushed to a normal human's hue, meaning she was blushing deeply "B-b-b-but I've nev-n-never lo-lo-lost...." she stated and slapped a hand over her mouth not wanting to discuss that sort of thing with him!

"This is the book of your life, and I can see that, I just wasn't going to say it aloud but if you feel like naming things off." He said with a slight flip of his hand as though showing disinterest. "But it says here you find me attractive and you thought about hugging me a few moments ago. Try not to think anything sexual those show up to, and now you don't want to talk about sex with me it says and you're embarrased about the virginity crack."

(Hahahaa, poor Wyn! : D)

Wyn's face continued to burn with that hue and she fought to not think of anything resembling lovemaking, looking absolutely mortified. She had been extremely grateful for Anansi's help and he was much to old for her and the girl winced at that thought and she nodded "V-v-very em-embarrassed. S-so-s-sorry." she stated, knowing he would see the 'Anansi is old' remark.

"I'm old but I don't look it. Besides, I'm rather experienced, I could do things to you that would..oh nevermind." He said as he looked through the book. "Ok, one of your parents has likely passed on and your mother is the human one I take it." He said slowly as he began to turn towards the front of the book.

Wyn gave a muffled squeak of embarrassment, if she was fully human her face would be purple about now. She nodded "Y-yes, my f-father di-died be-before I w-was, well con-conceived, he w-was a b-bard. The man-mandolin w-was his." she commented. "All I k-know a-about my m-mother is that sh-she's a n-noble w-woman in the ciy of Al-Altdorf." she explained.

"Hhmmm hmm hmm" Remarried, you have a brother, your mom's a duchess...anything else you want to know?" He asked her slowly. "I mean I can only take from what I see in the book." He said slowly to her before he shrugged. "Ah yes, I know, I knew its maker." He added rather nonchalantly.

Her eyes widened, shock on her face "I ha-have a br-brother?! Ho-how old is h-he?" she asked, and smiled a bit cradling the mandolin "W-who ma-made it?" she asked.

"An old master of mine, he's dead now but he made a number of things." He mused before flicking through the book. "According to his age when you last saw him about two years older than you, he is human though." He said with a slight nod.

"He m-made the man-mandolin for my f-father, ho-how di-did he k-know h-him?" she asked and blinked, surprised that the man hadn't been much older then herself.

"He made weapons for magic users and magical creatures." He said slowly. "I mean he was the man you went to if you wanted a weapon that could enhance or handle your abilities. But he betrayed me when I was younger while I was apprenticed to him, so I bided my time, learned all I could then I challenged him. It ended in his death."

The girl winced at the mention of the duel, vowing prvately to never get on Anansi's bad side and betray him, first it wasn't the way that she had been raised, secondly she didn't want to end up dead, or as some pleasure vessel (that thought made her skin crawl), "Ho-how l-long a-ago was that?" she asked.

"Mmm he was a good man, but foolish when it came to women, my mother made a deal with him, when he was found out he challenged me...so...things happened." He said with a nod. "That he made the mandolin or that I killed him?" He asked tilting his head for clarification.

"About ten or so years ago." He said with a slight shrug. "Was a rather stressful time for me...I still have his skull around somewhere." H said as he glanced about slowly. "In any case he made the mandolin for your father a number of years before. "

"I b-b-bet it w-was." she replied slowly, with a nod and blinked, looking over the mandolin "I won-wonder ho-how h-he knew m-my fa-father." she mused. "Al-all I k-know was th-that he was a b-bard and his na-name was Thomen. I k-know n-nothing of m-my m-m-mother."

"Your father was a client of his as I remember it. I came on just as the work on the mandolin was finished." He said simply. "Your father paid with a rather rare metal with acoustic properties, I actually used the same metal for your pick ups." He said gesturing to her mandolin. "I mean..I could take you to someone with clairsistence to learn more" HE said slowly to her.

"I w--wonder wh-where he g-got that." she mused thoughtfully, a wondering glint in her eyes at how much that would cost. "Cl-clair-what?" she asked, having trouble pronouncing the word.

"They can see an item's history by touching it. The particular one I know can see the history of not only the item but the components." He said to her with a slow nod. "I mean..he's a bit odd..and we will have to go far but he's a valuable source of information."

Her eyes widened in surprise and she smiled "R-really?" she asked awed by that ability "I-I'd lo-love to m-meet h-him." she replied.

Back
Top Bottom