Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fall of Hyrule ( [-Odyssey-] and Myself )

Cerberus

Pulsar
Riding through Hyrule Valley Link had just gotten back from a more rather relaxing time at the Hylia fishing hole. He jumped the fence with Epona before riding up the hill to the Ranch. It had been some time since Link last visited the ranch and he thought it was time to visit a good friend of his. Unknown to him was the Gerudos were gearing up and planning a raid, A raid which would be to the start of the next war. Link watched as the sun was starting to set and it would of been a long ride back to the forest and he knew Epona was tired from all the riding today. "All right girl I guess we'll have to take shelter at the ranch." He smiled and started to gallop up to the ranch and inside of it. He only had vauge memories of fighting gannon since Zelda sent him back to his normal time and he got to grow up normally, making friendship with Malon and growing up with her. He showed up at the ranch often but recently the dreams were returning and he didn't stop by as often.

Malon was out feeding her horses, which was usual at this time of the day. She had no idea about the future that would have been if not for Link. When she heard Epona galloping into the ranch she turned around and smiled. As soon as Link stopped, she took a carrot and let Epona munch on it while she watched Link. "I can't believe how much she likes you. I'm a little jealous." She laughed a bit. She had grown fond of Link as well. He was turning into a strong young man and she liked what she saw.

Link laughed abit and jumped off as Malon started to feed Epona. "Well she has been raised by one of the best horse breeders." He just shook his head and smiled softly. "Malon what have you been doing to keep yourself busy besides working here?" but as they spoke Gerudos were riding up through Hyrule valley and into Castle town. The New prince of thieves was going to meet up with the Princess and try to talk to her. But that was only a ruse since he knew he would be blown off again. Zelda's Bodyguard and Friend and Son of Impa, Toscha, walked beside Zelda. "I dont think we should be even talking to this Gerudo. You and I BOTH know what his father tried to do." It was only Zelda,Impa and Toscha who knew of what happened. , Toscha only knew because when he was born His mother told and he was able to receive the visions of what happened.

~Malon~

Malon smiled at Link and then felt Epona eat the last piece of her carrot. "I guess so. But you know Link..its because you've been so kind to her. I'm sure Epona...really loves you." She said the last part quietly and blushed a bit. She didn't think Link noticed, but she was referring to her feelings too. "..I think I'll go get her some sugar cubes. I'll be right back." As she made her way to the rest of the horses she sang her usual melody, swaying her hips to the tune while walking.

~Zelda~

"I know what his father did, but if I continue to deny his requests, I'm worried about him becoming even more hostile." Zelda stated before sighing deeply. She didn't want her city to be attacked and conquered by this boy. She was curious though and wondered what he wanted. "He persists even though he knows our answer. If I reject him again, he might be planning on attacking, so.." She looked at Toscha and shrugged. "I think it would be best to at least hear him out, okay? I know there's a risk."

Link nodded and watched Malon then looked at Epona and gently tapped her on her sides before looking over the ranch. "Looks like today is going to be a nice night." He ran a hand through Epona's Mane before he started to walk her over to the stable and help Malon put her into the stable. Meanwhile back at the castle the Gerudo prince was waiting keeping his cloth wrapped around his body. Toscha looked at Zelda then nodded. "All right Princess, I just have a strange feeling about this." He was protective of Princess Zelda, one because it was his job to be but two was he cared deeply for her and didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Malon fed Epona a sugar cube and then closed the stable door. She turned to Link and opened her mouth to say something but then closed her mouth. Her expression suddenly changed and she looked sad. "Link..you've been visiting me less and less. Did I do something wrong?" She knew Link had a good relationship with Zelda. She was worried that they were much closer than she wanted to believe. "I get so lonely sometimes. My father is still away, but even if he wasn't its not like we talk much." She looked down.

Zelda nodded. "Me too, but its a risk we have to take for Hyrule." She got up from her throne and then walked to the door. She didn't like waiting around for others to do such simple thing. The Gerudo prince looked like his father, but was much younger looking of course. "I have decided to hear you out, Gerudo Prince. You have my attention." She crossed her arms and waited for him to talk. He looked ominous in his clothing and dangerous as well. But she showed no fear.

Link looked at Malon and sighed. "No no its nothing like that. Its just that i've been having these really strange dreams again. Not sleeping and just traveling and i feel as though if something did happen i wouldn't be up to full strength and i would be unable to help." He sighed and looked at Malon and smiled. "Dont worry it doesnt have anything to do with you or anyone else..i just feel that its a weakness on my part."

Garu looked at Zelda and nodded giving a soft bow. "Thank you princess. You see i think that the time has come for my people to be brought out of the desert, where there is little food and little water. The Hylian wars are over so there is no need for you to treat us as anymore then a neighboor. We have done nothing wrong since. We served out our time for the crimes from that war so many years ago. there is a new generation and I feel they shouldn't suffer just because that a preveious generation Did. You must understand Princess I am only looking out for my people." As he spoke Gerudos were infiltrating the castle. slowly taking out the guards.

"Link.." Malon started and then took his hand. "Whenever you're tired, you can always come to the Ranch when you're tired. Nothing ever enters the buildings and maybe..maybe I could help you sleep next time. I know some lullaby's.." She pulled him into an embrace. "You don't have to worry about being weak around me, okay?" She was a simple farm girl, and no one bothered her. She didn't need protection all the time because she would never be a target. "Come anytime you want, okay?" She looked up at him.

Zelda listened to his words but she knew what he wanted would be impossible right now. She didn't trust them and the civilians didn't either. "I'm sorry. It takes a lot longer for traditions to fade. Your people are still known as theives around here. There would be a lot of hate and suspicion if I allowed you to come back. I cannot allow it..for your own good. That is my final answer to that request." She hoped she convinced him that she wasn't just concerned about her people and herself.

Link looked down at Malon and smiled and nodded. "All right Malon." He smiled and yawned abit. "So how about we start a little bonfire and just relax hmm it would be good for that?" He looked up to the sky to see the night stars so out and so clear. "I'll go gather the wood and supplies, you gather anything else you think we might need." He smiled and ran a hand through her hair before heading out to the wood pile to gather the firewood.

Garu looked at Zelda and bowed and started to walk out. two guards looked at Him. "Im sorry that it had to come to this." He whistled and the two guards standing at the door were quickly taken down as he threw off his cloak and drew his sword "You have forced my hand..If i cannot have I shall take." Toscha quickly moved himself infront of Zelda. "Princess run." He moved ahead and rushed meeting sword to sword with the gerudos.

Malon smiled, a light blush still touching her cheeks as she watched him gather wood. "Look out for spiders." She called. She then began to head for the barn, singing once again. After milking the cows and bottling the milk, she got two blankets and then headed back out to their spot. She spreaded out one blanket for them to sit or lay on and put the other one down. She spotted him coming back and then smiled once more, putting an end to her singing. She hugged her legs to her chest and watched him.

"Torsche!" Zelda didn't want to leave him to fight off the three of them. However, she would just get in the way. "Please, don't die.." She ran to the back of the room and used a secret passage behind her throw to escape the frey. Zelda hoped that the rest of her guards would come as calvary for the both of them. She knew something was wrong when they came back once more. She continued to run down the torch lit passage that would lead to the Tempule of time.

Garu watched as Zelda ran off and her bodyguard ran foreward. "Willing to die..well that wont happen..yet." He rushed Toscha and ducked slamming his head into his stomach then grabbing his head and kneeing him putting him down quickly. "Im dissapointed I thought you would of put up more of a fight." He looked at other Gerudo's "take him to dungeon..he'll be useful to make Zelda show herself." Slowly more and more Gerudos moved into Hyrule Castle town and the caslte. Anyone who resisted was killed openly. "we'll make her know that it feels like to have nothing while someone else has everything." Toscha kept a link to Zelda, speaking into her mind. "Princess, stay away. what ever you see and hear..stay away..do not come back..I just wish i could of protected you more...You are on your own..I..love you." with that the connectionw as cut as one of the gerudos knocked him out.

Link walked back over carrying the wood pile. He set it down in front of them and began to set up the wood pile. Once he got it all set up he stood up and moved away from the fire before casting Din's Fire, sparking the wood and lighting it up. He then walked over and sat down beside Malon and smiled. "lovely night."

Zelda managed to slip buy the Gerudo's and she stopped at the gate that had closed after sunset. Tears ran down her cheeks as she heard Tosche in her head. "I will come back for you, Tosche, and my people." She whispered and then climbed over the gate. Link, where are you? Zelda thought as she struggled to get across the stream. Once she was out the water, she heard the moan of a monster and began running to the safest closest area. The Lon Lon Ranch. Luckily she was a quick runner.

Malon nodded and when he wasn't looking, she scooted closer towards him. She took the blanket and draped it over his shoulders and hers. "There's a lot of stars out today. It makes it all the more beautiful." She took out a bottle of Lon Lon milk. "I know how much you like this so I got some for you, Link." She said, looking up at him. She had an uneasy feeling tonight. It wasn't because of him, it was like something bad was happening outside the ranch. She tried to ignore the feeling the best she could.

Link looked at Malon and smiled and took the milk. He opened it and drank abit before putting it away. "Thanks. Malon, yu know I do." He smiled and set the bottle down resting his hand upon her thigh. He knew she cared about him and he did too, perhaps tonight would be their night to tell how they both feel. Garu looked at the throne and walked over to it and put his sword away and sat down. "Search every place, we have to find her!" He shook his head then looked around and laughed. "Princess Zelda... you cant hide forever." She would of noticed as soon as she slipped away the gate started to open and 2 garudo riders looked around before riding off to search for Zelda.

Malon looked at his hand on her thigh and blushed. "Yeah..I know a lot about you." She put her hand on his and looked into his eyes. She wanted to tell him how she felt, but she wasnt sure how to. She had never liked anyone like this before. "Link...I umm.." The words got caught up in her throat and she shook her head. "I'm glad your with me tonight.." She said with a nervous smile.

Zelda could hear the Gerudo's galloping after her. She made her way through the fence that belonged to the ranch. She was on her way to the very back of the place to hide. Then she saw Link and Malon sitting together. She had obviously interrupted something, because Malon jumped when she heard Zelda. "I'm sorry.." She said breathlessly as Malon got up. "Princess, what happened?" Malon asked. "The Gerudo's took over Hyrule.."

Link rested against Malon but when she turned from the Princess Link got up. "Gerudos? lead by who?" He sighed and pulled on the hylian sheild and fixed the holding of the Master sword. "Malon, keep Princess Zelda here. Im going to go scout Hyrule town and see whats going on. "If any trouble happens head for Zora's domain. its the safest place for you." Link looked at them and smiled. "Malon take Epona. she'll carry you swiftly to the Zoras or anywhere if needed." He then headed out of the ranch and into the town. Gerudo riders were searching everywhere for Zelda. "that ranch, we haven't checked." The two gerudos nodded and headed up. seeing the gate locked they broke it open.

Malon nodded and hurried to Epona's stable. She would get her ready just in case. Link had asked her to keep Zelda safe and she wouldn't fail him. "They're here." Zelda told Malon. "Should we leave then?" Zelda got on Epona. "Lets go." Malon sighed and got on Epona, a little upset that Zelda had took it upon herself to get on Epona first. Epona jumped the fence and headed to Zora's river. Malon looked back, hoping Link would be safe. "There are monsters in Zoras river, so be careful Malon." Zelda told her.

Talim had decided to go out and aid the two other riders in their search. She actually wanted to find Zelda before them so she could please Garu. Garu had only spoken to her once when they were younger. He had told her not to give up her bow and arrow training when she was just about to give. Ever since then, she always dreamed of being at his side. She had to get his attention though. "This would be a lot easier if it wasn't night time." She spotted a figure moving along the horizon and decided to follow.

Link had snuck into Castle town and looked around. it was true that the Gerudos were taking over. Anyone who resisted them was executed on the spot so the castle town's ground had some blood that ran in the streets. "innocent." He sighed and shook his head before heading off to get to the temple of time. The riders seemed to notice the pair riding as well as Talim did, they then started to ride their horses to get the pair. "If we get them then the prince wil be most pleased with us."

Malon looked back and saw the riders in the distance. Luckily, they were at the entrance of the river. Zelda got off Epona as quick as she could, but Malon petted her. "Go back to Link if he needs you girl.." Zelda grabbed Malons hand and dragged her away. "Don't fall into the river, you might get hurt by a monster." Zelda said as they made their way to the waterfall. Malon nodded and then spotted an Octorok in the water. She ran with Zelda so she wouldn't get hit from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom