Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

There's more to life than money. (BBVD&Zajawa)

"All people have their problems, Samantha, all people have their own lives some lives are great and others are not" Alexander said honestly as he spoke "And friends, true friends will never play games like whose life was better instead they are there in the good times and are an ear to listen in the bad times. And I consider you a friend, a close friend of mine. Especially since you aren't trying to give me pity or talking to me like I'm a foot tall like all others have when I have told them my back story. You are the first person to ever know what I am feeling because losing your parents whether biological like yours or step-in parents like Sylvester was to me is still one of the most painful things anyone can ever go through" looking over his right shoulder though there was a rose bush reaching out he allowed his hand to grab one of the beautiful roses and with a delicate pull he removed one of the roses not afraid of the thorns on it. "You see Sylvester once told me that life was like a rose. Beautiful and enticing but dangerous as well. He told me that life is beautiful and each day should be lived like it is our last, jumping over the hurdles of life which are very similar to the thorns on the rose in that if a thorn pricks you it will hurt but the pain will disappear eventually" with that said memories of his life growing up began flashing through his head as if he were reliving them again. All the times he'd come home from fighting and how Sylvester would almost refuse the money to help them live not wanting to take from the child he had raised his whole life, how the man had taught him everything he knew and had also brought him so much joy in life.

"I wish Sylvester was still alive because I think more than anything he would've enjoyed meeting you, he would have called you Bella Regina Di Roccia which translates loosely to beautiful rock queen and I'm sure he would've enjoyed using his old world charm to make you like him. Though I'm also sure he would try to get us together. It seemed that with every woman we ever met he automatically thought he should try to set me up with them" Alexander said laughing looking at his watch though he laughed "We've been gone an hour already I wouldn't be surprised if we go back inside and find everyone so drunk they're passed out especially since I heard the bet that Tony had with Elizabeth I must say she's taken to him quickly" he said as he pulled a knife from his back pocket and carefully cut the thorns from the rose which had a beautiful pink hue to it before handing it to Samantha "Such a beautiful flower should be given as a gift to a new budding friendship that we have" he said smiling at her hoping that she would accept his gift of friendship, there was something about this unique young woman who was several decades younger than he was, was showing wisdom beyond what anyone her age should have. Though going through heartache and pain as well as a loss of her parents must've truly brought this young woman to a point in her where she had to decide what path to take in life. "Samantha I want you to tell me the truth on this decision what is it that you truly want in life, above all else what truly drives you to the destination you wish to go?"

"Then he was a wise man. Not only he brought up his son well he also taught quite him some important things. Although I don't know him and never would it make me respect him. And no. I think others have it worse. For example.. all those people with terminally sick kids. I... can't image what can be worse than watching your kid slowly die and not able to do anything about it although you would give your life away gladly, just so the kid could walk and run like every other", she said, shaking her head. "And I don't see a reason why would I act like that. You having that kind of past and being blunt about only shows me with kind of a man you are. I like what I see. And good friends we will be after going through thin and thick together but this is a start of a nice friendship, I feel that in my bones~"

The part about Bella Regina Di Roccia made her chuckle. Sylvester sure sounded like a charmer, like one of those well behaved man from old films. At least that was how she saw him after few things that Alexander said. Then she looked at her watch only to raise her eyebrows.
"Now that.. we should see. What was the bet?", she asked, sitting up and smiling when she took the rose between her fingers. "Thank you. I'm taking this rose as a gift from my new friend and promise to take good care until it weathers and after it as well. And I truly want... If I would need to pick one thing it would be happiness. That is my purpose. Mine and the ones around me that I care about. Happiness. That what it want. It's probably not what you thought I would answer but fame, money and everything else is nothing without it. You can have everything and lack happiness in your heart and that all would be nothing."

Standing up she helped Alexander up and started to whistle and then sang, waiting for Alexander to join in, knowing he surely knew the words and wishing to sing it with someone so talented as him. She was even snapping her fingers to the melody she could hear in her head, swirling around and grinning, simply going with the flow and not thinking much about anything else.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/video]

"Wise is a word that I would definitely use to describe him, he was born in Italy until his father was moved to England since he was a soldier, growing up he grew up pretty well with loving parents and then when he grew up he became a very famous boxer known worldwide for his power, strength and speed, seven times he held the most prestigious boxing title in the world and several others around different countries. Then he was taken out by a group of men who wanted him out of the game because he was unbeatable and so six men took him down and gave him the beating of his life with whatever they could get their hands on he lost his house, wife and all the money and became homeless but even after all that pain and suffering he never once stopped smiling and seeing the world in a positive manner. I tried my best to become just like him but after all the things I have seen over my years I have realized just how great of a man he truly was and my respect for him became even greater," Alexander said smiling before hearing her talking "I have met many of those children. When I joined Make a Wish Foundation at the peak of my career I met thousands of children of which you speak and just seeing the smile on their faces made my day. Especially because I never came out of those meetings the same as when I went in. Those children looked at me like I was some kind of superhero or something when in all reality I was in awe of them they were my superheroes so full of joy and excitement. One child, in particular, a young boy who had a life similar to my own his name was Jeremy Vetal I'll never forget he asked me never to forget him as everyone else had. And I made good on that promise, I called him, wrote him, visited him and even went to his funeral where his foster parents asked if I could do the eulogy for him. Which I did, I even wrote a song for him but was unable to ever record it because just like the song I wrote for Allison I was unable to ever sing it without wanting to cry" Alexander explained with a smile.

"Well I'm always up for a bet, what do you wish to wager, and because I feel like an old man what are we betting on," Alexander said teasingly but he was completely serious as well he truly was always up for betting on basically anything. "That means a lot to me that you would not only accept but take care of it so well since it is a symbol of our budding friendship from this point on," he said teasingly with a wink. "Happiness....Happiness?" This answer was something he had never heard in his entire life, happiness was something that was so hard to keep up, something that took work to the highest level to keep. But this answer was probably the greatest answer he had ever heard "That is the greatest answer I have ever heard in my entire life I hope you know that" he said with a smile but was curious as she stood up and helped him stand up as well. However, when she began singing Don't worry be happy Alexander chuckled and danced along with her singing the song to the best of his ability but knowing that no one could top the original version of the song.

The story she heard actually did move her a bit even if she didn't show it. Both stories or more like all three. Each and every one of them were moving but the last one was somehow the saddest, probably because it was about a child that wasn't let to live a normal life.. and not even a longer one before dying. For now she decided to leave that subject. There would be a better time to ask more questions about that... or maybe even hear the song that Alexander composed for the boy. Maybe... it would be time to show the one she write for her parents? Still.. hers wasn't the song... more like a simple creation since there were no words. She... wouldn't be able to sing about it. That's why she could nod at the part about crying, she did know it. And joining some kind of foundation sounded good so maybe when she becomes famous.. when they would become famous that would be a perfect thing to do. At least they would help someone beside them and their families. She would need to talk to the guys.. that is if they would manage to get famous.

The other words she left without comment as well, not really feeling a need to answer them in any way. Besides before she thought up any kind of answer they were standing there, two silly people, and singing. It surprised Samantha quite positively since she wasn't sure if the other would join her. Once they finished she patted his strong arm and chuckled.
"Now you signed the contract of our friendship", she said, snickering slightly and shrugging. "You probably think I'm silly though at least no one saw us here so you're serious image of an old man is safe!"
Samantha was of course playing around, her eyes glistening playfully as she stretched a bit only to sit down and pull on her socks and heavy boots. Standing right up she remembered what was said earlier and shook her head.
"And asking what was the bet I meant between our two love birds", she said, smiling and slowly heading back. "And you're right. We were gone for quite some time.. it sounds like a good idea to join them once again."

"Well, I'm glad that I could finally sign the contract of friendship that just means I don't have worry about a stake through my heart or you wearing garlic around your neck" he teased playfully because they all referred to him as a vampire, which he was but they didn't know it yet. "Oh then yeah I'll take the bet. You missed the bet. The best between Tony and Lizzie is this. Whoever wins at a drinking contest get's to watch the loser streak across Lockhart Manor's grounds. Which is something I hope that Lotradiam or I don't see for that matter" he said laughing "But as you know it cannot be an official bet without a wager of sort attached so what shall we bet" Alexander asked smiling as he walked with her since she had agreed to the fact that they should make their way back to the house where Tony, Bobby, Michael, and Elizabeth were drinking and Lotradiam was sipping her apple juice in a scotch glass. "I will warn you though you're a very beautiful young woman and Michael Albertson is a huge flirt especially when he's drinking," Alexander said from experience having been around the man for two decades sharing a bus together for many of those years he knew just how big of a horn dog Michael could become.

Lotradiam who got tired of waiting ran to go look for her father and Sammy who had mysteriously disappeared, searching every room in the house she was unable to find them and so she looked out the back door seeing her father and Sammy out back making their way up, running to the outdoor patio she yelled "Hurry up you two monkey booty fudge sucklers uncle Mikey wants to jam out with the band and you before he get's too sloshed to play" she was repeating exactly what Michael had said Elizabeth who was already beginning to get drunk.

"Oh calm down you little turd we're making our way back" Alexander yelled teasingly as he looked at Sammy "Children can't live without them can't choke them" he said teasingly and nudged her slightly with his elbow so she knew he was just joking "So are you up for a round of jamming with a superstar rock star and an old man" Alexander teased with Samantha because he felt safe with her now knowing that they were friends and not just business associates.

The suggestions hinting to Alex being the vampire lord made her snort and laugh, the sound deep and very nice to the ears. Hearing what was the stake of the bet Samantha smirked. Now.. both of those would be quite a show. Setting a bet with Alex wasn't what she wanted to do.. at first but since the male seemed to think otherwise she thought it wouldn't hurt. Still.. what should be the stake? Rubbing the tip of her nose she gave it some thinking only to glance at Alex once again.
"Well.. I can be quite moody so he better not rub me in a wrong way or he would be the one in troubles.. Other than that I'm sure I would be able to deal with it.. and if not my new vampire friend should save me", she said, smirking and then sighing. "I'm not sure what we should choose when it comes to that bet.. any ideas?"

Hearing Lotradiam she soon noticed her, chuckling at the way they talked to each other, the cute swearing making her smile once again, it being way too adorable to not to.
"Yeah, my aunt is of a similar opinion.. and it would be rather easy to get rid off of such a small body.. good fertiliser for roses", she said, joking right back and smelling the flower she was holding between her fingers. "We are coming, Princess Dottie~ And about jamming with two old men? Sounds good to me~ Still I'm not sure if I would be able to keep up to Michael Albertson but I will do my best. After all you learn a lot when playing with people better than you in it, at least I think so. Hopefully he won't be disappointed."

"Well how about this The Blackpool Brawlers are being inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame this year and it just so happens that I don't have a date for this event" Alexander said smiling "If I win you have to dress up as girly as possible and be my date for the evening" he said honestly "And if I lose I owe you a hundred dollars that way. Win, win. Unless you have a problem with those then we can always figure something else out."

"Hey there you go that's the best idea I've heard in a while we'll strangle her then bury her so where her beauty can make my roses more beautiful" Alexander teased as he ran up taking the stairs two at a time before picking Lotradiam up with ease and held her up by her feet shaking her playfully.

"Daddy let me go," Lotradiam said teasingly as she giggled "I'll knock the monkey feces out of you" she threatened in a playful manner.

Alexander with ease threw Lotradiam up into the air catching her again with ease. He couldn't help but hear Samantha saying that she hoped Michael 'Firefingers' Albertson wouldn't disappointed in the band. Alexander obviously knew how big of a fan of Kill Alice Michael was but he wanted Michael to allow her to know how big of a fan he was of theirs.

Lotradiam smiled at Samantha happily "Well daddy and uncle are good together they usually try to out do each other. Since both of them play bass, guitar, and piano as well as sing they always try to one up each other."

"Yes, yes Michael and I are very competitive so you're liable to see some competition between us" Alexander said as he carried Lotradiam inside to the dining hall where Elizabeth was already drunk he could tell by the way she was standing though he couldn't tell whether Bobby or Tony was drunk yet.

"My dear God it's the beauty and the beast," Michael said teasingly the group walked into the dining room "We've been waiting a while to be graced by the lead singer of the band," Michael said moving over grabbing Samantha's hand he kissed the top of it like a gentleman would "I'm a huge fan of Kill Alice and couldn't wait to meet you so when Alexander called and told me you were going to be here I must admit I freaked out a little bit I've watched several of your shows at our old stomping grounds and was thoroughly impressed."

Hearing the part about the girly outfit she scrunched her nose but after few moments she nodded her head. She surely hoped the outfit wouldn't be all bows and laces.. but still who said she needed to loose? Hundred dollars wasn't a small amount for a simply bet so it was quite nice.
"Exactly so", she answered right away, not having a slightest problem with recognising the song, one of her personal favourites. "Ahhh.. first you're tearing off the legs so she couldn't kick? Very smart, indeed. And the bet.. I'm fine with it and I think Tony would win. He is bigger than Elizabeth and is a quite good drinker."
Watching the daughter and father play she couldn't help but smile and then chuckled some more. It was relaxing and nice thing to watch and then listening curiously with the informations she was given by the little princess. Glancing at Alexander she nodded her head and followed him inside.

Bobby was sitting and sipping the scotch, obviously a bit drunk but not that much, probably drinking it really slowly, just like it should be drank and how he said he would drink it after the first one. Tony on the other hand was definitely drunk, his cheeks a bit red from it but he seemed to be doing quite fine, teasing Elizabeth about something.

"Oh..? I didn't know it was a custom to kiss the beast's hand? Alexander watch out or who knows what would happen to you", she joked around, her cheeks getting a bit red from being kissed like that and trying to mask her slight embarrassment with playful joking but what was said next made even her ears go red, not used to someone so famous saying such things about their band. "I.. thanks.. You're serious, right? Not trying to say it because you're a womanizer? It would be a real pity to bury you but Alexander's roses seemed to like blood and fresh bodies."

"Sam, don't be such a sour puss", yelled Bobby making her flip him off.

"I'm not sour. I just... don't trust people saying nice things is all", she grumbled and added, smiling softly. "But if you were genuine then I am sorry and hope you didn't feel offended. I love your music as well, your guitar play is impossibly impressive. Not only that, of course."

"Fiesty I like it," Michael said teasingly as Samantha spoke "But in all honesty, I truly am a fan of yours. I knew from the first time I heard your band at the Dark Bitch that you guys were going to become something big one day and I knew all you needed was the right chances to prove yourself. And so I made a call to Alexander who to be honest was a little skeptical about taking on a band under his management after the hell his last band had put him through. But I told him that you guys were the band to listen to. Obviously, he thought the same about you as I did since I heard he signed you all to a very lucrative contract" Michael explained as he looked at Samantha "Also thank you very much I appreciate that you all like my music but to be honest I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for Alexander. I'm going to tell you something I've never told anyone before when I met Alexander while I was still in college I had never even touched a guitar he taught me everything I know all the lyrics were written between us but all the actual music was written by Alexander by himself" he said honestly "Not many people have heard Alexander play the guitar since he mostly plays bass but I can tell you now if he and I were to get into a guitar battle I'd lose because of how talented he is on guitar. Hell, you want to see how great of a guitar player and teacher he is listen to Dottie play guitar he's been teaching her already."

Michael then turned to Samantha "And I'm hurt young lady just because I'm flirtatious doesn't mean I'm a womanizer I just truly love women, all women" Michael said teasingly.

"Speaking of which daddy do you mind if I play Blackbird," Lotradiam asked cutely as she puckered out her bottom lip and gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Sure princess play Blackbird if you wish" Alexander explained "So Tony think you're still able to pluck a few chords with as inebriated as you are," he asked teasingly before looking at everyone "Because I'm not sure about you all but I feel like jamming out a little bit."

"I'm always ready to jam," Michael said shooting the rest of his whiskey down in one gulp "But you have to have a guitar battle with me we have to show these guys the secret you've been hiding all these years."

"Fine, fine if it's a guitar battle you want I'd be more than willing to battle against you" Alexander answered honestly.

She blinked and then slapped her head. Yes, of course. Alexander wouldn't find them if not for this man.. The day was so laden with various things happening that it was quite easy to forget something like that. Smiling happily at last she grabbed the male's hand and shook it few times only to let it go.
"Thank you. Thank you for finding us. It all seems like a golden opportunity and all three of us still have problems with believing it all.. even if my friends doesn't look like that", she said, glancing at the two and then back at Michael and then Alexander. "Mhm... this day seems more and more like a dream so somehow I am not surprised you are the one teaching all people how to play... And I am sorry Michael but I will believe you when I see it with my own two eyes. For now you are in a category womanizer and flirt while Alexander is only under flirt. Soooo.. getting that one clear I would like to drink something before we play~"
She was of course playing around, knowing those two were probably quite nice men. At least it seemed so.. and she was willing to believe her impression, at least to the time she wouldn't be proved wrong.

Hearing his name Tony tore his attention from the beautiful and spunky lady he was drinking with and looked at Alexander, nodding his head in all seriousness at him while Bobby stood up and looked put his hands on his hips.
"Nothing sounds good in our line of work without some nice drums so don't forget about me, you vampire lord", he said, grinning like a mad man.

Walking to the table she took few bites here and there and then made herself a drink, deciding that beer she could drink at home. Humming under her breath and moving to some melody in her head she soon was ready, going back to the happy bunch of people about to play some nice notes.

"Revealing spooky secrets of the manor of vampire lord! Now that is something we can't miss! And we even have an orc princess! Hmmm... And a Mad Hatter?", he asked, looking at Michael and rubbing his chin in theatrical way as if he was thinking deeply.

"Off with your head, Bobby!", joked Tony.

"Ewwww, go away you sicko. A Red Queen with a beard? No, thank you", he answered right back, waving his hands and moving away, making a face like he would be deeply disgusted.

"A drink does sound nice," Alexander said smiling as he walked over, Lotradiam still in his arms as he drank his blood laced scotch finishing what was in his glass before smiling at everybody "Such a wonderful evening with great musically inclined guests it has been such a long time that I've been so excited to hear and play music as much as I am. My brother, daughter and our new friends Kill Alice" he said happily before turning to Bobby "We are the heartbeat of the band Bobby often forgotten by others but without us, the music would sound terrible it is the curse of a bassist and drummer" he said pouring himself another glass of scotch.

"Damn right brother preach on," Michael said slamming down another large glass of whiskey before looking at Tony and Bobby "Is she always this fiery because it's kind of hot," he said teasingly as he winked at Samantha in a playful way.

"Alright, alright you drunk buffoon" Alexander teased with Michael "Let's get to the music room where I can kick your ass in front of all of our guests and cement the legacy of the vampire lord once and for all and take another victim for my castle" he teased since he was really enjoying this moniker of Vampire Lord not only because that truly was what he was but also because even before he had been a vampire he had loved hearing stories of them.

Lotradiam looked over at the one who called her an Orc Princess and her eyes squinted staring intently at him "I will beat you with a drum stick monkey-trucker" she said sticking her tongue out at him honestly as she acted like she was going to jump at him before giggling.

Alexander laughed at Lotradiam "Alright princess let us not beat up anyone yet" he said teasingly as he patted his daughter's back lightly "Once everyone is done meet us at the music room we'll get everything sat up" he said walking away with Michael with the two talking about everything they could talk about. As soon as the two of them entered they immediately went in and grabbed their favorite guitars. Alexander grabbed a custom Black and pink lightning Dean Dimebag series Razorback whereas Michael grabbed B.C Rich Warlock. The two of them patiently awaited the rest of the guest to join them so where the two could put on a show for them that was definitely going to be a good one between two masters of their craft.

"For few moments I was wondering if he was to say 'our new kids'", whispered Bobby in theatrical way so everyone in the room were able to hear him, the other two snorting and shaking their heads. "And of course. We are what makes them awesome!"

Both males snorted and laughed when being asked if Sammy was always so fiery, both nodding their head in unison.
"If you only knew half of it.. Once, around a year a ago there was that guy that kept on.. bugging her. He was like.. ah, as big as you, Tony or Alexander. Now imagine that she kicked his ass? It took few seconds and the man was laying on the floor out cold..", said Bobby with a grin, always being a one to remember and tell such stories.
"He was annoying and creepy..", grumbled Samantha, sighing and rolling her eyes. "At least I know how to hit to not to hurt my knuckles. I would kill him if I would need to take a break from playing because of him.."
"You wouldn't dare, orc princess. You hands are too green to reach me", joked Bobby back, sticking his tongue at the girl.

Tony kissed Elizabeth's cheek before following the two, Bobby finding a toilet before doing the same. Sammy at the other hand let all of them go, kind of waiting for the redhead. Clearing her throat she smiled at the other.
"Well.. I want to say it is nice to see you two enjoying your time and all.. but I have a.. request.. Don't start anything if it is supposed to be just one night kind of thing, okay? Tony.. is actually a very decent man, something very nice in this times.. and I would hate seeing him getting hurt. He never was good with one night things, whatever he may say, he is a proud man after all.. I know it is kind of not my business but on there other hand I don't really care, I don't want him hurt..", she muttered, rubbing her neck and waiting for Elizabeth's reaction.

Michael laughed as he heard the story of how Samantha had beat up a man less than a year earlier "The way that I see it she should've hit him harder, men think that they are able to whatever they want because most of us are larger than women. I have mad respect for anyone woman or man who stands up to a bully like that" Michael explained "I've stopped many shows and even got into a few fights because I've seen men mistreating women in the crowd of my shows. Remember Ninety-Nine at Carnegie Hall Lex, my boy?"

"Oh yeah, you want some I'll beat you up, come on bro" Lotradiam said teasingly she was trying to act tough in a playful manner but anyone watching would probably only find it cute that this little princess was trying to act just like her daddy and doing so in an adorably cute kind of way.

"Like it was yesterday" Alexander "And I remember the handcuffs that bit into my wrists afterward," Alexander said before making his way to the door but hadn't left yet.

"Well, you guys might not know so let me fill in the details because I'm telling you guys the respect I had for Alexander doubled that day and it cemented our friendship forever. So we're onstage playing a cover of Cemetary Gates by Pantera which is one of our all time favorite bands when all of a sudden out in the crowd Alexander spots a woman getting beat on by her husband or boyfriend or whatever in the hell he was. Out of nowhere Alexander stops playing telling the light guys to turn the spotlight directly on the man in this crowd and Alexander let loose on him. Telling him that he needed to learn a lesson. Next thing I know Alexander has placed his bass on the ground and jumped off the stage, pushing his way past our security and the fans who were in his way. He steps in the middle and tells the man that he just needs to leave, the woman is shaking in fear at this point and her nose is bleeding, I'm not sure what was said but the next thing I know this man is rushing at Alexander who is able to pull the woman and himself out of harms way, he tells the crowd to protect this woman and the crowd swarms around her like a protective wall and Alexander gets ready to fight, at first toying with the man by ducking out of the way of the punches thrown, one connects to Alexander's face and what came next surprised even me. Alexander started throwing a combination of punches, well placed and with great skill and knocks the guy out but by this point, his rage has taken him and he just keeps beating the man wanting him to feel the same pain that the woman had felt moments earlier. Everyone was afraid that he'd kill the man and so the cops were called" Michael looked at Alexander smiling "And Alexander was arrested for assault but the charges were dropped because of him protecting that woman, he bought a house for the woman and is still renting it out to her, the two have become good friends and now because of her she has a normal life and he told her that if the guy ever showed back up to call him and he'd have it taken care of" as he turned his head once more he realized Alexander had walked off still holding Lottie in his arms. "Well that's my cue" he said running to catch up to Alexander which is when they walked to the music room and began setting up the musical equipment that they would need.

After the boys left Elizabeth stayed sitting in her seat and saw that Sammy had done the same thing. Listening to what she had to say she could only smile seeing that this woman truly loved Tony and Bobby like a sibling. "You have nothing to worry about," Elizabeth said smiling as she stood up slowly, being as inebriated as she was she knew that she couldn't just immediately stand up or else it would throw off her equilibrium and that could only lead to a lot of things happening she didn't want to. "I know you don't know me that well Samantha and I also know that like the sister you are to him you're overprotective of him" she said flashing one of her cute smiles before making her way over to where Samantha was and linked her arms with the girl as she began walking after the group, knowing that she could talk to the woman as they walked since it quite a way off to the music room and the group was leaps and bounds ahead of them. "As a young girl, I always dreamt of finding the right man, someone who would treat me the way my father treated my mother because their love is the love I base what I want off of. For years I dated but never was thoroughly impressed, and sure being as beautiful as I was I've had my fair share of fuck buddies and one night stands but Tony... I could never do such a thing to him in the little time that I have known him I've seen how truly great of a man he really is. I've always been known as this immovable object since I always choose work over personal life, I've been called quite a few names because of it but Tony, the way he looks at me and makes me feel inside just by catching a glimpse of his face or his beautiful smile... It makes me want to choose my personal life over the business for the first time in my life which is something that I've never done" Elizabeth wanted Sammy to know how she truly felt and wanted to reassure her that Tony was not some conquest or trophy and that her feelings were truly legitimate for him. "And I hope that as the only two women around all of these unique men that we are able to become like sisters, I've never had a sister but always wanted one. Especially since we as women are the real rulers of the roost even if the men think they are the ones with power" she said teasingly as she winked at Samantha playfully as they finally reached the doors to the music room. "If Alexander is as truly great on guitar as Michael claims we are in for one hell of a show," she said seeing that both men were standing in the middle of the room, both with very well known style of guitars in their hands.

Lotradiam saying such a thing to a man more than two times bigger than she was made all three laugh. It was adorable, not doubt about it. Michael telling the story made them all smile since that was how they started their friendship, with standing up to a bully.. though the oldest and biggest one of them, Tony, being the person to decide about their win.. even if Bobby was really quick and the small Sammy using everything to her advantage. Once again Alexander earned some more respect in her eyes, not only because of the story but also because of ignoring it being told, not boasting around like people like to do about things like that. Still going to lengths of providing for the woman? Now that was.. something very surprising and making her more curious what was inside that handsome head of her.. their new manager. But it also assured her that choosing him was a smart thing to do, he would surely understand if there would be troubles.. probably caused by her and her temper.

Both males followed the group leaving her alone with Elizabeth. The answer she was given while the were walking, Samantha holding her drink on one hand and supporting the beautiful woman with her free one, made her smile. Good thing that the woman appreciated her look, she liked that about her gender, knowing where one was standing. Of course boasting about it wasn't appreciated but that applied to most of the things. Mentioning it once was just enough. She of course knew that Elizabeth was older than her but Samantha never was a one to think about such things much.. unless it was an older person, then she tried to be as civil as she could. Of course one needed to prove, at least that how things working in her case, that he or she was deserving to be regarded in high esteem but still older people were older people, if they weren't rude to her she was taught to respect her elders.

"Yeah.. he is kind of.. family man.. and you seem quite taken with him. Good. He is surely worth it. While Bobby is kind of a social butterfly, none negative meaning intended, he is a quiet, sturdy and serious type. And sure.. although let me warn you I'm not very... womanly. Sure, some things apply to me as well but I'm kind of.. well.. damn, a rock girl. I'm also younger than you but if you don't mind then sure, let's know each other better.. Ah... lean of the wall, I forgot about something", that said she run back, used a sharp knife to cut the rose, run to the toilet, filled a glass with water, put the flower in and left it there so she could take it when they would be leaving and run back to Elizabeth and took her under her arm. "Back.. Almost forgot about my Superb Flower of Friendship. I never had a sister too, well the younger kids of our family are like little sisters to me, but you would be the older sister and than changes things quite a bit. And yes, those guitars would be on fire!~"

Tony and Bobby were on their places, checking out their equipment but for now letting the two take the stage, their glances showing that they were as curious of the outcome as the 'girls'.

Michael stood with his guitar in hand, a smile plastered on his face as he thought of the upcoming guitar battle he was about to have with his dearest and oldest friend Alexander who taught him how to play guitar in the first place. It had been years since the two had last done this and now they were doing it again alongside one of Michael's favorite up and coming bands Kill Alice. To him, this was a dream come true "So old man ready to be beat in a guitar battle" he asked curiously as he looked at his best friend once more.

"I'm ready to play and have fun," Alexander said smiling "But we're missing a certain lady that we cannot play without so once she get's in here we'll jam," Alexander said smiling at his friend happily "What about you gents ready to play your hearts out?"

Elizabeth smiled as she said "Being a family man is something that I look for because eventually down the road I hope to have a family of mine and a family man will only make that transition easier" Elizabeth said smiling as she waited for Samantha to come back to start talking once again. "There is nothing wrong with a woman of my...Age befriending a woman younger than her we both share a lot of common interests our biggest being music. Though I would like to point out I'm only at most eight years older than you so being called older" she said teasingly "And while you're not girly I think we could have some fun together."

Lotradiam waited for the ladies to enter the room and she held her hands up "You guys are slow" she said teasingly "We've been waiting for you to show up so we could all play music" she said giggling as she walked over and grabbed the guitar she had dubbed Blackbird "So are you gonna come up and play or not?"

"I was thinking why don't we all play and sing both Kill Alice and Blackpool Brawlers songs what do you think," Michael asked as he looked at Sammy wanting her input on things.

Tony notice Samantha walking inside the room with Elizabeth and he raised his eyebrows, wondering what they could be talking about. Still he trusted his friend so he didn't think about it for a longer time, instead focusing on the woman he spent last hours with. Wait.. was it hours? For once he bassist of Kill Alice wasn't sure, it feeling like hours but he knew how misleading such kinds of feelings could be. Also he was quite drunk... as well as his drinking partner but being in a tad bit better shape, probably because of their difference in size. Hearing Alexander's question he merely nodded, not finding a need to say anything.

"Of course. I wouldn't be sitting here and touching my ladies all over if I wouldn't be ready. Though.. about my heart... it is possible it stayed with your luxurious alcohol, my good host", answered Bobby, grinning and ending it with 'tara-ta-tum' on the drums. "And that's for dramatic ending."

"Hmmm.. I see your age as a positive thing really. It indicates you're smarter than girls in my age and that would be nice. And having fun together sounds great", she answered right away only to chuckle at the childish impatience of Lotradiam. "We are slow because you left us for all those men, Princess Dot. I left my wings at home and princess Elizabeth is very tired. So it is totally your fault. And playing? I thought first would be some kind of competition having place between our two guitarists? Still I'm far from saying no to playing all those songs so decision.. I leave to you guys, I would go with the flow."

"Well since you put it that way," Elizabeth said with a smile "I guess I can forgive you for making me sound so old," she said this teasingly as she smiled a true heartwarming smile at Samantha the woman was drunk but still was able to carry on full conversations, being Finnish she was used to drinking quite often but Tony was definitely giving her a run for her money and she wasn't sure who would lose the bet that they had and have to streak across the grounds but either way it would be fun for her.

"Well be careful touching ladies like that could cause some major problems," Michael said teasingly to Bobby every one of the adults would understand the sexual nature of the joke, however, he knew that Lotradiam being as innocent as she would, would not understand the joke which was a good thing.

"Why" Lotradiam asked at the joke that her uncle had just said. "How is that funny?"

"It's not" Alexander said smiling at his daughter "Your uncle is just being an idiot again" he said ruffling her hair before looking at Michael with a 'I will kill you' look before winking at him so Michael knew he was playing "Though I agree with Sammy maybe we should put on a show of dueling guitars for them before playing any other son" with that said he reached inside of his pocket pulling out his guitar pick that was made of obsidian and he played a power chord just to get sound echoing through the room.

Michael smiled as he also played a power chord.

It was then that the two old friends began slowly picking up speeds like a metal version of dueling banjos. Though this was just them playing around for now. Soon the two masters of their instruments were playing simultaneously with both of them trying to one up each other with every single trick they knew, before either man knew thirty minutes had passed with Alexander coming out on top in the duel.

"Wow that was amazing" Lotradiam said having never heard the two go at each other "Angel lady did you flipping see that monkey-cluster of a guitar battle my daddy is amaaazing" she said excitedly squealing in ways that only a child her age with her energy could.

What Elizabeth said made her chuckle, humming a little 'thank you' to her. It was nice she was so.. chilled, made it easier to talk with her. Hearing Bobby and Michael she snorted, chuckling and soon laughing when Lotradiam didn't understand the joke. It was cute how she still was too innocent to understand something like that. Good, she still had time to be an adult, being a child was the best thing ever but all people understood only after becoming an adult. Well, there are people that don't grow up at all.. but that's not something positive. Balance is the best. Sitting down on one of the chairs she grinned and then listened to the two, amazed with their skills. She could only hope that one day she would be as great as them at playing guitar.

The other two bandmates were listening as well, all of Kill Alice huge fans of both males and finding it incredible to seat here, listen to them and knowing that soon they would be playing together.

As it all ended Samantha was still sitting, looking into space, her fingers moving as she tried to catch the idea she had while listening to the two. When Lotradiam asked her question she first didn't react only to blink few times repeatedly and focus on the girl, chuckling as soon as she realised what was being said and finding it once again cute and amusing.
"Yes, flipping amazing he is", she answered after few moments, shaking her head and chuckling. "But you can't just admire your daddy when both of them did so well, you will break you uncle's heart, Princess Dot. They both were amazing. Hmmmm.. Maybe now it's your turn to show us all what can a first female student of Alexander Lockhart can do, hm? After all the first male student showed what he can do and now I would love to hear you playing. Want to show me?"

Lotradiam laughed as she heard Samantha repeating what she said and using the cute cuss words instead of the regular ones. But as she heard Samantha talking about how she needed to love her uncle's playing as well or else she'd hurt his feelings. Raising her eyes in surprise she said "I never thought about it like that. I like uncle's playing too" she said nodding her head happily not being the kind of person who wanted to make anyone sad. That was the innocence only a child could muster. As Samantha asked her to play something Lotradiam smiled cutely as she walked over to the guitar she called Blackbird and began tuning it strumming the notes to make sure that the guitar was tuned correctly. After taking a deep breath she grabbed her dad's Obsidian guitar pick that had an intricate design carved into the middle of it. Looking up she cleared her throat before beginning to play an acoustic version of Blackpool Brawler's most beautiful songs called 'Tomorrow's just another day' the song was written by Alexander who was deeply depressed by the death of his best friend, Lotradiam's mother and it talked about the problems of every day and overcoming them no matter how hard those problems were. The song was beautiful and the little girl played it perfectly but then to everyone's surprise even Alexanders she closed her eyes and began singing the words and the voice that came out of this little girl was angelic, pure, she was able to allow her emotions flow through her voice and they embedded themselves in the words of the already sad song making it even sadder.

Up until this point, no one had ever heard Lotradiam singing like this, it was a secret that up until Samantha she hadn't had the courage to show but now she knew that anything was possible. As Lotradiam's eyes opened she saw that everyone was staring at her which made her slightly shy and so she put the guitar on the ground and ran over to Samantha hiding behind her shyly hoping to get out of the limelight. "Tell them to stop staring at me angel lady" her voice squeaked cutely in a soft manner hoping that Samantha would come to her aid.

"Well, that was" Michael started as he tried to think of the right word to use to describe how beautiful Lotradiam's rendition of 'Tomorrow's just another day' which had been not only been one of Blackpool Brawlers most famous songs but in Michael's opinion the most beautiful song that Alexander had ever written or performed and here his daughter who was only eight years old blowing away even her father's perfect version of the song.

Alexander stood dumbfounded as he heard Lotradiam's rendition of his song, he had never heard his daughter singing in her real voice, obviously, she'd playfully sang her ABC's and other kiddy songs like that but this was true, emotional and talented. "Perfect" Alexander said choosing not to use a large word like he usually would "That rendition of that song was perfect," he said looking as his daughter went to hide behind Samantha.

"Yeah but obviously we're embarrassing the young girl" Alexander said softly "So how about we come back to this later and for right now we all jam each other's songs together" he said trying to help his daughter knowing that she unlike everyone in this room wasn't used to having such a large audience.

What she heard in an answer from the small girl made her smiled and when Lotradiam went to play she kept silent, simply listening, knowing the song all too well. Then the girl started to sing, obviously surprising everyone. The way it all ended, Dottie searching for someplace to hide, not used to be given such kind of attention after she performed made her chuckle. Nodding her head Samantha hugged her, knowing that felt the best when you wanted to hide, someone hugging you. Holding the girl she slowly reached to her hair and stroked them, deciding that if Lotradiam wouldn't feel more open towards her she wouldn't run to hid behind her.
"It's okay. Take a deep breath, in and out. Let all that stress leave. You done that piece perfectly, Princess Dot, and you surprised everyone. That is why they are staring. Besides... I tell you a secret", she said quietly, so only Lotradiam could hear. "Your daddy is really proud of you. His heart is beating really fast and he feels like flying and all because his little girl was able to play so well. Also I know now how courageous you are and I am happy we can be friends. I really like brave people."

"Of course you are. Having all those old men staring.. creepy", joked Bobby, running his sticks over the drumming plates. "Now.. what we are starting with? I think since you made it big out of respect we should start with yours. Hmmm... maybe something quick and cheerful so to break from the sad mood we were left with?"

Tony didn't say anything, leaving Bobby the talking. He was good in that, much better than he was. Glancing at Samantha he smiled. Yes, it seemed the girl felt in their leader all that they already knew, that she was a reliable and trustworthy person. Well.. she was also good wit talking to people but in a bit different way than the airhead of the band. Focusing on his guitar he played few accords of a song they could play, looking at all questioningly, using the guitar instead of his throat.

Lotradiam felt Samantha's arms wrapping around her and so she cuddled deeply into the woman, her face as red as a cherry because she was so unused to being stared at by everyone... However as Samantha began talking to her in a soft and caring tone Lotradiam listened to everything her new friend was telling her so she began taking a deep breath in and out, closing her eyes and snuggling further into Samantha as her tiny arms went around Samantha's waist lovingly because Samantha was her best friend. As she heard what Samantha said about how her daddy was proud of her, and how his heart was beating fast because of the talent she had shown. Being a daddies girl she loved hearing that her daddy was proud of her at any time she could. "Thank you Angel lady," she said hugging Samantha tightly before moving out of her lap "Go and have fun with daddy, uncle Mikey, and your band," she said cutely.

Alexander smiled as he heard Bobby and laughed at his comment at old men staring at her before turning around to the drummer "Oh so now we've all become old men" he asked in a teasing manner "Well I'm not sure what song we should play. All I know is that with two bassists, two guitarists, a drummer and two singers this should be very interesting."

"Especially since one of the singers is as talented as Samantha. I can't wait to hear singing one of the songs that made you and I famous Alexander" Michael said smiling as he walked over grabbing a bass guitar, a very special one that was a custom piece commissioned by Alexander himself after the band had gotten big and he handed it to Alexander.

Alexander smiled as he put the guitar on a stand before replacing it with the bass Michael had handed him mere seconds earlier.

"We need something upbeat" Michael said honestly after the song from Lotradiam they needed something to bring the mood back up "So how about we play something well known and upbeat like Black Lotus or Above the Black Gardens" those were two of Blackpool's biggest and most famous hits, the songs were fast and hard.

It was really nice to be around children, especially since they were accepting you for who you were and didn't distance themselves. It was of course making them vulnerable but it was so cutely irresistible that it simply made her smile every time. Chuckling softly she nodded to Lotradiam, rubbed her arm for a last time and got up, taking the guitar into her hands, the same one that before, still wanting to get to know the perfect beauty better. Running her fingers over the neck and then the fretboard she then watched the body more closely, this time spending few longer moments on just that, switching off from all the talking around her.

"Well.. to the orc princess we are all old geezers", he said, winking at Alexander and then nodding. "I would say you wouldn't sound half as good without that drummer there. He must be an awesome dude."

"Then Above the Black Gardens. I like that one", said Samantha all of a sudden after checking if the guitar was tuned and played few first notes waiting for others to follow, feeling like playing something, it always helping her to sort out various feelings and focus her thoughts.

Tony followed, the song they were about to play being one of the first pieces he was able to play when he was learning how to play from his father. Hell.. he was still learning, having quite a long way to playing as good as he would want to but still he surely was better than a one or two years ago and that showed progress.. and hope. At least that's how Samantha was reasoning with him and encouraging him to practice more and more, sometimes so much that his fingers were bleeding. But he simply loved it. Not the pain, of course, but the way he was able to improve, how all of them were taking small steps towards the future.

Soon Samantha started to sing, her voice a perfect mirror of Alexander's tones a bit changed to fit her timbre more but mixing perfectly and creating something new when Alexander joined her. Once again she was running over the waves of music that were collapsing on a shore of her soul, the foam and smell unforgettable and highly addicting, as always.

Lotradiam hopped up onto the seat that Samantha had been sitting in just seconds earlier as she walked up to stand with the band which consisted of her own boys Tony and Bobby but now also brought her daddy and uncle Mikey into the mix. This would definitely be an interesting thing to see. Especially since the members of Kill Alice and the Blackpool Brawlers were both very talented musicians who put their heart and soul into everything they did which made for the music to be better. As they agreed to play Above the Black Gardens Lotradiam squirmed in her seat it was one of her favorite songs from her father's band and now she was going to hear it being played by two members of the original band and also her new favorite band Kill Alice playing together. "This is gonna be so cool" Lotradiam whispered to Elizabeth.

"Yes princess this is going to be very cool indeed," she said ruffling Lotradiam's hair as her eyes went to Tony, watching the way he inspected the bass in front of him she could tell that things were about to get really good because of the mutual respect they all had for each other and the music they played.

Alexander began playing the bassline alongside Tony as it began, the bassline for the song was a little difficult but Tony was playing it magnificently and the two of them playing, Tony picking and Alexander plucking brought an interesting sound forth. The echo from his amplifier brought a smile to his face. Unlike most bassists, Alexander used a full guitar amp to make his bass loud and heavy since he wanted to be different than most bassists who would be playing so quietly that you wouldn't even know they existed even though the bass was one of the two heartbeats of a band.

Michael smiled as he walked up to Samantha and smiled at her as he began playing the first chords of the guitar alongside her, only stepping back when the singing began it was funny to see Alexander taking a backseat allowing Samantha to sing the song by herself for the first few lines, her beautiful voice bringing a whole new aura to the song that had never been heard. Michael who had played with the best of the best had a problem believing that such a talented singer had taken so long to get famous. There's no way that this could get any better than it is now he thought to himself as her beautiful voice echoed through the room bouncing off the walls and reverberating back which only amped up his playing. However, Michael was wrong because once Alexander stepped up and began singing the song as a duet alongside Samantha the two singers sounded as if they had been created to sing together their voices worked so well together he wouldn't be surprised if they did it more often.

Alexander smiled as he walked up standing next to Samantha where a second microphone had been placed adjusted to the correct height for Alexander he waited to start singing because he loved the sound of Samantha's voice but eventually he began singing as well, allowing everything he had to go into the song he was singing. Though instead of singing it as he had for all the years he toured he changed the tempo slightly and letting his voice blend with Samantha's voice, the magic the two had together was breathtaking.

From outside the door clicking noises came, the sound of stilettos hitting the marble floor, growing louder and louder as the person came closer and closer to the music room but the sound was drowned out by the sound of the beautiful music being played in the music room, as the door opened to the music room the mysterious woman, clad in all black with a hood over her head took a seat behind Elizabeth and Lotradiam "Such beautiful music" she whispered in their ears.

Elizabeth and Lotradiam turned to hear where the mysterious female's voice had come from but smiled when they saw who it was, seeing the woman placing her finger over her lips as if telling them to be quiet. Which they happily obliged.

Slowly the woman took the hood off and from the shadows of the dark jet black hair fell straight to her back, this woman was the legendary Tarja Turunen, cousin to Elizabeth and a legend in her own right when it came to music, however even she was in awe hearing Michael Albertson and Alexander Lockhart of Blackpool Brawlers fame playing with a band she had never seen but knew was Kill Alice because of the interview she'd seen while on the plane to see her cousin. The music was amazing yet the two singers singing together, melting their voices together made Tarja's heart miss a beat, it had been quite some time since she had been able to enjoy such an amazing concert without being heckled or hassled but even those bands she had seen had nothing on what was in front of her.

What came from them playing together was simply beautiful and thanks to that Samantha was feeling alive, surrounded by music. It was better than a warm, soft scarf in the cold days, better than a breeze coming from a sea in a hot day. It let her breath, let her be herself.. and she knew that it was the truth for everybody playing and singing here, and the two listening to them.

Tony followed Alexander, them being able to mix together the sounds of their guitars, making him smile as he came out of that short exchange victorious, hearing Bobby chuckling happily from their behind. Yes, Kill Alice were now a bunch of a very happy people. Soon the song ended but it seemed the youngest man in the room had already an idea what to do next.
"Hey, Sam! Play Glorious Sound! There wouldn't be a better time to ask everyone what they think. And the thing is, my dear ladies and gentlemen, that Samantha came up with a perfect beautiful song lately but she didn't want to add them to our official song list saying it wasn't ready.. while Tony and little me thinks that it is as perfect as it can be", he said, smirking when he was glared at, Samantha's cheeks all red.
"No, we were supposed to play official songs of our two bands."
"Chicken! Oh.. I know.. you're just shy, huh? Alls those big names took away your balls. Poor little girl.."

"Shut you trap! I'm gonna kick your ass! If I'm saying it isn't ready then-", she started to yell.
"Samantha", said Tony calmly.
"What?!"
Their eyes met for few moments, enough for Samantha to remember where they were and to calm down. Her blush deepened as she rubbed her neck, growling under her breath. Taking a deep breath she touched the guitar and sighed. Looking around she saw what she needed and she walked to take a guitar capo.
"Fine.. I will play it... but that song doesn't leave this room or I'm gonna find all those with too long tongues and cut them out", she muttered, still blushing as she decided it really could be a good idea to play it here, with people experienced in music would listening and giving her some their insight.

Clearing her throat she started to play and sing, closing her eyes for a better concentration, calming her thoughts.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHq5d7PRvm0[/video]

Glorious sound, hitting the dirty ground.
The pain dulled
For now.

Don't cry, don't search, don't feel
What you feel is nothing real.
They know what you should
Better than you could
Ever imagine.

Conceit.
Greed.
Everything destroyed by the life speed.

The glorious sound of hitting the dirty ground.
Made sure, made sure, made sure
To not to fly too close to the sun
Or it will burn out your wings
Forever.

Don't cry, don't search, don't feel
What you feel is nothing real.
They know what you should
Better than you could
Ever imagine.

When the song ended she opened her eyes and looked questioningly around, glancing at their new manager, wondering what he had to say. Her heart was beating like crazy, not used to someone listening to any of their songs before she deemed it ready. Biting on the side of her lower lip she waited, clearing her throat once again and gulping softly.

As the song ended Alexander was pumped you could tell by the look on his face which could only be described as a kid in a candy store. "YEAH" he yelled excitedly "WOO" he said high-fiving Michael and as their hands hit a loud slapping sound echoed through the room "That was an amazing combination of talent" walking over to Tony Alexander patted his back like an older man would to young kid he respected "Good job brother you were amazing on that bass" then he turned to Bobby "Bobby" he said excitedly "You were made to sit at that seat brother" then he turned his attention to Samantha who he was most impressed with "I want you to have that song" Alexander said smiling "I could never sing that song again after hearing your version of it. You blew away even the original, it was the best version of that song I have ever heard in my entire life" he said walking up to her before placing his hand on her shoulder smiling at her "Your talent truly knows no bounds Samantha and now more than ever I know more than ever that Kill Alice is definitely going to be the best band to come out in the last decade. You're going places and will soar higher than most bands I have ever met."

Michael smiled as he watched Alexander it had been a while since the man had played for a crowd like this even if the crowd was Kill Alice, Elizabeth, and Lotradiam. Since he still didn't know that Tara had entered the room.

Alexander turned his attention when he heard the words Glorious sound he didn't know this song, and the reaction that Samantha gave to it brought him back to when he was still writing for Blackpool Brawlers Alexander like her was a perfectionist wanting every song to be perfect before any song hit the public so he understood where this woman was coming from as she got angry at the suggestion, however, her reaction made him want to hear it more though he wasn't going to push her. When she agreed to play it Michael and Alexander stood side by side listening to it being played and he was dumbfounded about how beautiful the song truly was. He was about to say something when a voice he knew all too well came from where the 'crowd' was.

Tarja stood tall clapping her hands as she spoke in Finnish "Encore, Encore oli kaunis" she said excitedly this woman was a truly amazing vocalist and now she was a little upset that Alexander had signed her before Tarja's recording company could do the same.

Elizabeth smiled as she spoke "Everyone this is my cousin the legendary Tarja Turunen and she just said that your song was beautiful and that she would like to hear some more from you" she said excitedly "And I second that opinion I loved the way you all sounded together. Everything was beautiful" she said standing up making her way to Tony as she stood in front of him she wiped a loose strand of hair out of her face "You're as good of a bassist as you are a gentleman," she said kissing his cheek with a smile.

"Yeah, more music, more music" Lotradiam said clapping happily.

Back
Top Bottom