Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: The 100: Return To Earth (greenandgold x randomname98766789)

greenandgold

Supernova
The first thing she was aware of when her eyes opened, was the sound of metal crunching and then screams from the other prisoners. They had made it to Earth and were okay.
With the exception of Finn and two guys she didn't know, who had gotten out of their seats while they were landing and had died from immediate head injuries and a broken neck.
Clarke Griffin took a few breaths and shoved her own fear back. She tried to calm down the rest of the other 100 teenagers who had been sentenced to Earth to see if it was livable
once more. Her eyes landed on the person beside her and a breath of disbelief and relief left her as she saw her boyfriend. "Jason..." She was barely aware that they had landed
and that the other teenagers had unbuckled and were heading for the lower level and the door.

*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

They had landed. She took her time as the others quickly unbuckled and dashed for the doors, eager to get out. Octavia went down the ladder and through the crowd of teenagers, a most welcome sight met her eyes as she took in her brother, who she hadn't seen in over a year. "Bellamy?" She called out and once she made her way down the ladder, she pushed through the crowd and to the front. The other teenagers mumbled about her as she passed, but the brunette didn't care. Bellamy spoke, and she threw herself into his arms, hugging him as tightly as possible.

The reason Jason Hunter was arrested sat beside him in the dropship. When his girlfriend Clarke was arrested, he refused to accept this fate. Paying off a guard, he found a way to sneak into her room until the rate was no longer payable. He was turned into the other guards and was arrested right in front of Clarke. They were both sedated before being put on the dropship. They were both rebellious in that manner. When his eyes opened, the hundred have landed but were already down three people. Being the last two people cognitive of their situation, Jason flipped his head to the side when he heard Clarke call his name. Now, he knew where they were sent but had no idea if she was here. “Clarke..” He whispered, almost as if it was a question, unsure if this was real or a dream. He unbuckled from his seat and one hand gently cupped her face as if he was checking to see if she was real or a figment of his imagination.

---------

Dressed in a guard uniform, Bellamy coerced his way onto the dropship by killing Chancellor Jaha. It did weight heavily on his conscience but Commander Shumway helped him onto the ship so he could ensure that Octavia was safe. They reunited at the front of the dropship despite some of the others berating her about being the “girl they found underneath the floor”. Ignoring them, Bellamy hugged the brunette tightly and smiled broadly, happy that she was here with him and that she was safe. “Hey there. Look how big you’ve gotten. I’ve missed you so much, Octavia.” He whispered, just hugging her even tighter than before, not caring that the others were staring.

Clarke took off her buckle and tossed it aside. A few moments later, she leaned into Jason's touch when he cupped her face. "You idiot. I can't believe that you came," She whispered, the words said with love. "Oh my God," The blonde said, kissing him a moment later. She wrapped her arms around Jason and rested her forehead against his, feeling a lot better now that she knew her boyfriend was with her. The sounds of the other prisoners reached their ears and Clarke sighed. "We need to go see what's happening and keep the others from getting off the ship. We don't know what awaits us. But..I'm not done with you.." The blonde said, the words a promise as she got up and left the top level.

"What the hell are you wearing? A guard's uniform?" Octavia asked, a frown on her lips and an eyebrow raised. After a few moments, though, the frown left her lips. She was too happy at seeing her brother, to stay mad at him. She kept hugging Bellamy, not wanting to let him go. As some of the others started trying to push past them to get the door open, the brunette looked up when Clarke Griffin showed up and started talking about not opening the door. She was relieved when her best friend from during her time in the Sky Box, walked into view. "Jason? What the hell are you doing here?" Octavia asked as she released her brother from the hug, and eyed her best friend suspiciously, before hugging him quickly.

On the lower level, Jason returned the hug with Octavia. Clearly, there was nothing romantic about them. They were best friends. He was excited to introduce Clarke and Octavia. “Octavia, this is Clarke though you already know all about her. Clarke, this is Octavia Blake. I met her in the Sky Box and we became great friends over the past few months.” One of the main things Jason talked about to Octavia was Clarke, telling her how he was arrested for seeing her and how much he loved this girl. In fact, he had taken some advice from Octavia. She might have been locked in a floor for her entire life but she had an idea of what a girl wanted and needed in another guy. “I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get onto the ship.”

-------------------

“I’ll have to explain it later, Octavia. I just had to borrow it. I needed to get on the ship.” That was not the entire story, of course. Bellamy did not want to tell Octavia that he killed someone. The male did not want her knowing. If the Ark did make it to the ground then he would probably be killed. His crimes would not be forgiven. Just then, he watched Octavia run and greet a male. His first instinct as her brother was protecting her but his attraction also made him jealous until he saw that they were just close friends. Bellamy walked up to Clarke, Jason, and Octavia. “If the atmosphere was poisonous, we would have died already. We’re opening the door now. Come on, Octavia. Don’t you want to be the first human on the ground in over a hundred years?”

"I didn't know that the Princess was your girlfriend," Octavia muttered to Jason, and then she released him from the hug. Oh, she knew who Clarke Griffin was alright. The blonde was the one who had turned her in to the Chancellor, which then led to her arrest, and Bellamy getting kicked off the guard. The brunette rolled her eyes and turned back to her brother. "What are you waiting for? Open the damn door." A few moments later, her brother did so, and she didn't waste a moment, bolting out the door, breathing deeply as she went. The fresh air filled her lungs, and her eyes took in all the plants, flowers, wildlife as she ran. Everything around her was beautiful and took her breath away as she laughed and explored.

<><><><><><><><>

Clarke stared at the others, before dashing after the brunette. "Octavia! You shouldn't go anywhere on your own!" She yelled and tried to catch up, but the other girl was too quick for her. "Jason, don't let anyone else leave." The blonde called back to her boyfriend as her feet pounded the ground as she gained speed, looking for the brunette. She pushed plants and broken tree branches out of her way as she kept running. 10 minutes later, Clarke finally found Octavia. She walked up behind the other girl, skidding to stop as she noticed the brunette was staring at something. It was a deer. The deer's head turned in their direction and the two girls saw another head growing out of the side of the first one. Apparently the radiation had disfigured it. The deer started running in their direction and Clarke yelled, "Run back to the dropship!" The two of them turned back in the direction they had come from, running as
fast as their legs would carry them.

Bellamy watched everything unfold before his eyes, excited that Octavia was the first person onto the ground. The joy on her face was incredible to see and he loved watching her running free for the first time in her life. After Clarke chased after her, the male smirked and shook his head, looking to Jason but not saying a word. The other delinquents were going impatient and Bellamy decided to override everything Clarke wanted. “Fuck it! Everyone, let’s get back on Earth! Come on!” Bellamy led the charge out of the dropship, the other delinquents shouting and clapping with happiness despite Jason adamantly trying to keep everyone inside. Bellamy decided to trek through the forest as well, taking in this amazing place. It was better than he ever imagined but he wanted to find Octavia before any sightseeing.

-----------------

Nobody felt implored to listen to Clarke’s orders. She was privileged and guilty by association with her mother by each delinquent except for Jason. Nothing skewed his picture of Clarke or even of her mother. She was a nice woman. He had been over to their place many times but he knew how Clarke felt since Abby was the one that turned in her own husband. Time passed and Bellamy ordered everyone to leave. For some reason, they all saw him as the leader, probably because of his age. Everyone except a couple dozen delinquents ran outside and Jason tried his best to stop the others, but it was pointless. Finally, he took exit of his own position and ventured into the woods, wanting to find Clarke. He knew which way they traveled and his tracking skills were above average so he caught onto the two tracks of the two girls he cared so much about, hoping to find them both okay. After a few minutes of walking, he began calling out their names.

The trip back to the dropship was over before it had really begun, since Clarke and Octavia had gotten separated at one point as they ran from the deer. Clarke found the other girl 20 minutes later, after searching the woods. Octavia had fallen and her knee was in bad shape. Bloody and swollen, with part of the bone sticking out. Not able to do anything for the brunette just yet, she called out for Jason and Bellamy, so the males could find them. "JASON! BELLAMY! WE NEED HELP!" Once she had shouted loud enough for them to hopefully
hear, the blonde dropped to her knees beside Octavia, asking the brunette questions, and gently testing the other girl's injury. Flinching when Octavia screamed in pain. "It's gonna
be okay, Octavia. Once Jason and Bellamy get here, we'll bring you back to the dropship and I'll take care of your knee..." She said, trying to soothe the other girl.

<><><><><><><><><>

Octavia clutched her knee. The pain, blood, and the sight of the bone sticking out freaked her out, though she hated to admit it. Clarke tried to calm her down, but the brunette
couldn't focus on the other girl's words. She was too busy trying to calm her breathing which had become erratic, as she was in the midst of a panic attack. She heard approaching
feet and her panic attack escalated. Octavia felt Clarke grip her chin so that their eyes were locked. She listened as the other girl gave her instructions on how to deal with the panic
attack, though it didn't help. A few moments later, Octavia passed out. The last thing she heard was Clarke screaming for help again.

This sucked. Newly reunited, Jason and Clarke were separated again. Sprinting through the woods, the male continued calling out his girlfriend's name and his second best friend's name. Of course, Jason considered Clarke as his best friend but Octavia was at the top for people other than Clarke. Finally, he pieced together the blonde screaming for him and Bellamy followed by an eerie scream of pain. Arriving at the same time the older male did, Jason ran towards the girls. Bellamy was already asking questions and blaming Clarke. "Bellamy, shut up. Let's get Octavia back to camp." As the voice of reason, Jason stood his ground with Clarke and watched Bellamy scoop his sister into his arms, turning back towards the ship. While running, Jason kept a close grip on Clarke's hand. "Are you alright? What happened?" The male murmured, keeping up with Bellamy.

Much more lax than Jason, Bellamy did not worry much. Instead, the male casually strolled through the woods until he heard screaming and his heart dropped. This was not right. Already, he failed taking care of Octavia. The horrid sight of an unconscious Octavia with her femur protruding from her leg made him shiver. "What the fuck happened? What did you let happen to my sister?" Bellamy accused Clarke and blamed her for the injury. He knew it was indirect but he felt she should have protected Octavia. Instead, he was quieted by Jason and chewed his lower lip, picking up the brunette in his arms while carrying her towards the dropship, running as fast as humanly possible.

Clarke didn't care that Bellamy blamed her for his sister's injury. She could argue with him later, if he wanted. But right now, all that mattered was taking care of Octavia back at the dropship. "We saw a deer with two heads. The radiation obviously got a hold of it. When the deer saw us, it went into attack mode so we ran and got split up. I went back for Octavia
and she had fallen and damaged her knee. I couldn't pick her up to carry her back, so I had to call for you two." They got back to the dropship and Clarke motioned for Bellamy to
bring Octavia inside and set her down carefully.

Once the younger girl was set down, the blonde turned to Jason and Bellamy. "Bellamy, I need you to take a team and find the nearest water source. Locate the red seaweed and
bring it to me. The red seaweed has medicinal properties. I'm not sure how long Octavia will be passed out for, and this should drug her while I work on her knee. Once I have the
seaweed and Octavia still out cold, I can work on her knee. We also need to get Raven to go through the scraps of the ship and make a radio so we can contact the Ark. She's good
at what she does, so it should only take a few hours. We also need to send out a group to hunt, a group to find the emergency aid depot, and another one to find Mount Weather. Chancellor Jaha left instructions and a map on the upper level for us, to locate Mount Weather and the emergency aid depot. It has weapons, food and other supplies there and
we'll need that."

Clarke turned to Jason. "I'm gonna need you to hold Octavia down while I work on her knee. If she wakes up while I'm doing it, she won't react well. She'll be scared and fight me and that could cause more damage to her knee."

Both men were worried about Octavia. Bellamy saw his sister in dire need and Jason saw his friend hurting. They both cared about her but cared about her in different ways. Thankfully, she did have two strong young men looking out for her and getting her help. Once they reached the dropship, Bellamy placed Octavia down onto the table wherever the blonde ordered. Now, he disliked Clarke by default because of her mother. It might not have been fair but not many people liked the “Princess”. The story about her nickname got out. Jason actually gave it to her but other people used it derogatorily because of her family status whereas Jason meant it as an affectionate nickname, obviously.

He did not particularly like taking directions from her, or anyone, but if she was going to help his sister, then Bellamy nodded his head obediently and left the dropship. He found the map and directions that were given. The male called a meeting and he explained what was going on. Himself and a group of five others were going to find a water source as he took one of the blank maps after finding where they were located. Then, he called a group of males that were strong and mature that could handle themselves, giving them large bags to go find Mount Weather and other aid depots. There were nearly a dozen of them assigned to this. Lastly, he ignored the order about Raven because if the Ark actually came down to Earth like they said they would, then he would surely meet his fate because of his crimes.

Once everything was finished, Bellamy ordered the rest to keep working on the walls. Meanwhile, Jason held Octavia down just like Clarke wanted when she had to start working on her knee. “No worries. I’ll hold her down.” He murmured softly, watching as Bellamy entered. “Don’t worry about her. Go do what you have to do. We’ll take care of her. Clarke knows what she’s doing.” Jason assured Bellamy since Clarke would be concentrating and likely not have time to talk so he did it for her, finally convincing Bellamy to leave and get started on the hunt.

Clarke sighed in relief when Bellamy didn't put up a fight, and left to carry out the orders she had given him. She looked at Jason. "I'll be back in 2 minutes. Stay with Octavia. I need to wash my hands, since I'm going to be dealing with her blood." The blonde made the trip quick, finding a tiny brook nearby to wash her hands. Once that was done, she dried them on her shirt and went back to the dropship. It wouldn't take Bellamy and his group long to find the red seaweed, and they would be back within 10 minutes, maybe even less with how worried he was for his sister.

She returned to the dropship within a few minutes, just like she had said, and walked up beside Octavia where the girl laid on the table. Clarke took a deep breath and then slowly released it. She tore the other girl's jeans at the knee, around the injury. "The bone is out way too much. This is bad, Jason." The blonde said softly. She carefully and gently touched Octavia's leg, feeling how much damage was done, not just to the leg, but the bone. When 10 minutes passed and Bellamy returned with the seaweed, Clarke immediately took it
from him and set it on the table beside Octavia.

The blonde looked around the room and said, "Get me a small container that can be used to drink out of, and wash it in the brook on the other side of the camp. Make it fast,
the sooner I get this seaweed into Octavia, the sooner I can do this." Several minutes later, Jason had done as she asked, and Clarke mixed the seaweed and the water, and
pulled a small bag from her hip, pulling something out and adding it to the items and she crushed it together. "Sit her up," The blonde told Jason. Once he had done that, Clarke
lifted the makeshift cup to the girl's lips. When Octavia began to fight and choke, she held the cup in one hand and used her free hand to gently cup the girl's face and spoke to
her soothingly.

"Octavia, it's Clarke. I'm trying to help you. I need you to stop fighting. Jason is with me and you know that he'd never let anything happening to you.." She said softly, soothingly.
Clarke watched as the girl struggled for a few more moments, and she pried open the brunette's mouth and lifted the cup to the other girl's lips, making sure the liquid went down.
It only took a minute and a half to kick in and then Octavia went limp. "Okay, now I need you to hold her down. But you don't need to look. There's a chance this might get disgusting," She told Jason. Once her boyfriend was holding Octavia down, Clarke moved forward, gripped the other girl's leg tightly, and firmly shoved the bone.

The blonde flinched herself, when Octavia flinched on the table and let out an earsplitting scream of pain that was sure to be heard for miles. "It's okay, Octavia.." She continued to try and soothe the girl, as Jason kept holding her down. Clarke turned away from the table for a moment and pulled out a few supplies from the bag at her hip. Pulling out a needle and kit. Over the next hour, the blonde did another exam on Octavia's knee, cleaned the wound, and then began to sew the skin back together, after making sure the bone was as well cared for as could be.

Once that was done, Clarke wiped a bloody hand against her forehead to wipe away some of the sweat. "I've done all I can. This isn't good. I was able to push the bone back in
and sew her knee up. But she won't be able to use her leg. It's useless. The bone is too badly damaged. We'll have to make a pair of crutches for Octavia to get around from now
on. She can't put pressure on her knee or it'll snap the bone in half and I'm not qualified to repair it." The blonde sighed. "You can let her go now. I need to go and wash my hands. Bellamy and the others should be getting back from their tasks soon. I know he'll want to see Octavia. Once he's back, you and I will go supervise and help with the work on the
walls."

The blonde quickly left the dropship, knowing that Octavia would be safe with Jason. She made her way back to the brook, falling to her knees in the grass beside it and throwing up. From the moment she had seen the brunette's bone sticking out of her knee, she'd had to fight the urge to throw up. Octavia had needed her help, and so she'd given it. There hadn't
been any time for her to really react to the whole episode, and so she remained on her knees throwing up for a few moments, until the need passed and her fear was controllable
once more. Once Clarke felt a little better, she wiped her mouth, not caring that her hands were still bloody, and then moved back over to the brook and washed Octavia's blood off
her hands.

The next couple hours were treacherous by all measurements. Jason remained close to Clarke, helping with any way that he could. She was the one with the medical expertise so his knowledge was useless but he followed directions well. Plus, other than Bellamy, nobody wanted to see Octavia get through this more than Jason. From washing out the cup of liquid to holding down the girl, he did his duty. It was horrid, listening to that splitting scream she released before passing out from the pain. The good thing from that was at least she did not move anymore and that allowed Clarke a better chance at sewing her knee and helping her leg heal. However, it seemed the damage was rather permanent and it might change Octavia’s life forever. Jason could not imagine that nor did he want to imagine it. All he could do was watch and pray to whatever supreme being there was that Octavia was going to be alright. However, he put so much faith in Clarke anyways. He loved her and knew she was the best person qualified to help so he tried not to worry. Soon enough, Clarke had done all she could do and Jason pulled back from Octavia.

Meanwhile, Bellamy was losing his mind over this. They found the seaweed in record time and he was thankfully out of the camp when she let out that blood-curdling scream. After finding what was needed, Bellamy decided he needed to keep himself busy. While waiting on the others to get back from scavenging for supplies, Bellamy helped oversee the building of the walls. Obviously, they could not get done in one day but Bellamy tried to do his best to help facilitate everything. Plus, he was being a leader that did not just watch everyone work. He stepped in himself and did some of the most difficult jobs, mainly because he wanted to keep his mind occupied. That was impossible though. The male just hoped that Clarke could help Octavia’s leg. It was out of his control and he understood that if he was inside, his emotions would run wild and he would only get in the way of Clarke working so he stayed outside and continued building the wall with the others. Lost in his thoughts, he almost did not hear Jason call his name from behind. Once he did, Bellamy dropped the wood, hoping for some news.

“Clarke did everything she could. The femur is back in place and her knee is stitched up. However, we have to get something for her to use as a crutch. She can’t put weight back onto that leg, not for a long, long time.” Broken femurs took over a year to recover from even on the Ark. How long would it take on the ground without the same kind of treatment? It bothered Bellamy to hear this and he wanted to make those crutches for her but she was obviously not moving anywhere soon. Jason said he could see her now so he walked past the couple, quietly thanking Clarke for helping her. Once he reached the room where Octavia lay, he pulled up a chair and held her hand, trying to hold it together as he looked at his sister, unsure of what to do or what to say. Now, Jason and Clarke were ready to help on the walls. Before doing anything, though, Jason squeezed Clarke’s hand and gave her a soft kiss before they were off. “You did a great job, Clarke. Thank you for helping her.”

After that was said, Jason walked with Clarke to the walls. They gathered some wood, brought it back, worked on tying the long branches together, weaving the wood in and out among other things as they kept putting up the walls. It was hard, physical effort but Jason was no stranger to hard work. His muscular body glistened from sweat and his muscles were all contracted from the hard work exerted. He also made sure never to be too far from Clarke so they could still talk and he could keep an eye on her. Call it protective, but he was always worried for Clarke’s well being just as Bellamy was worried for Octavia’s. The men both loved their girls and would do anything to protect them. It had been months since Jason and Clarke saw one another. He yearned for a chance to slow down and just hold her again as the sun was beginning to set.

Once things had calmed down and they had called it quits for working on the wall for the night, Clarke sat down in a quiet spot on the grass, away from the fire. She had wrapped herself in a blanket, and picked at the food on the plate, unable to eat. Raven had been able to make a radio for them and Clarke had been able to contact the Ark, but wished that she'd been unable to. For the first 2 hours, all she had heard were screams of agony and pain, people crying, children screaming and crying for their parents. She heard explosions and fires, and
the screams chilled her to her bones.

Eventually Kane had come over the radio and confirmed her fears that everyone else was dead. He told her that he was the only person alive, and because the systems were failing so quickly, that he'd be joining them on earth within a few hours. The rest of the Ark had crashed and they'd sent out a group to scavenge anything they could find. They'd found weapons, clothing, blankets and some other usable things, thankfully. Kane was on the upper level of the dropship resting. He had a few minor scrapes and bruises but no real damage, thankfully.

Clarke had spoken to Kane and asked him to keep quiet about the details of how everyone on the Ark had died. The rest of the 100 didn't need to know that their families had died scared, in pain, confused and sad. It didn't help anyone for them to know that. The four hours she had spent in command of the radio were some of the worst of her life. She hadn't just heard about the deaths from Kane, she had actually heard everything as it happened. The screams, the crying, the fires and explosions. It was why she couldn't eat. The sight of food made her feel sick after what she'd overheard today.

To make matters worse, Miller had returned from Mount Weather, the only person in his group of 5 that had made it back. The others had been slaughtered like animals and after she had treated his injured arm, asked for the map back and he gave it to her. Her plan was to leave in the morning and make the day trip to Mount Weather, bury their people and then make it back the following night. A few tears fell from her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. There was no use crying. It wasn't going to bring anyone back.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Octavia was awake and had sat up on the table. She clutched her leg and examined it, grateful to Clarke for helping her. She scooted over to the edge of the table, and moved to get up, falling and screaming in pain as her damaged leg gave out from underneath her and she crashed to the floor. It was only then that she realized Bellamy had been sitting in the chair beside her, asleep. Octavia took a few shaky breaths and then gripped the table and slowly lifted herself from the floor, making sure not to put any weight on her hurt leg. "Bell?
How come you're not in your tent?" The words said as she grit her teeth against the pain and pulled herself up.

Refusing to leave Clarke’s side, Jason endured the same hardships as Clarke. Despite Clarke wanting to bear these things alone so the others did not have to bear them, Jason was not leaving Clarke’s side. In this life, Jason and Clarke shared a love where neither of them were truly ever alone. This was not something that should be kept from Jason as the mental toil it put on Clarke was horrible, Jason knew that. Sure, it hurt him too and it was unspeakable but at least they had each other to confide in and build strength. Knowing about these deaths made him hold Clarke just a little bit tighter, knowing things could change in an instant.

They were told about what happened at Mount Weather when the lone survivor, Miller, returned with the fatal news. They could not leave their people alone. That might not even have been the biggest story. The hundred were not alone on the ground. There were other people here, tribal as Miller explained it, and they were not friendly. They killed four teenagers and wounded another. Kane told the couple he would keep everything quiet at the camp as he recovered so Jason and Clarke could bury the head and give them a rightful passage of life now that their journey was gone.

Right now, Jason and Clarke simply sat together in each other’s arms away from the main group of the camp. It was so much to swallow, knowing that his mother and father had died today in a gruesome way. He remembered the last time he spoke to them, ensuring that he said that he loved them each time before he went to visit Clarke. They did not know what he had been doing but his father taught him a great lesson about love, telling him that Jason should never say those words to a girl unless he was willing to die for her. Well, this pretty much showed it.

Instead of dying, though, they were reunited on the ground just to face more tragedies. At least they were together. Hugging her tight to his chest, Jason kissed her sweetly on the cheek, stroking his fingers through her long hair. “I love you, Clarke. We’re going to get through this. We’re going to survive.” He murmured against her forehead knowing she had lost her mother, too. No words could make this better so Jason decided the most he could do for Clarke right now was hold her, kiss her, and express his love for her. Right now, that was all they really had.

----------

Woken from his slumber, Bellamy saw Octavia in the floor. Immediately grabbing her hands, the male lifted her back onto the bed and checked out her leg and then her entire body, hoping she was alright. Not answering her question, he was much more concerned about his sister. “Octavia. Don’t move anywhere. Your leg is in really bad shape. Don’t sit up. Don’t stand up. Lay there.” He was ordering her and would not take ‘no’ for an answer, his eyes staring deep into hers, showing that he was serious. After pushing her back down and trying to make her comfortable, Bellamy pulled back slightly from her and pulled the chair closer, sitting down and taking her hand in his own. “I’m not in my tent because I wanted to be here when you wake up. You shouldn’t be alone right now.”

"I love you, too," Clarke said softly. She curled into his side, setting her food down, still unable to eat. After a moment, the blonde picked the food up and handed it to him. "Don't bother arguing. There's no point in letting it go to waste." She took his hands into her own, pressed gentle kisses to each of Jason's hands, and then released one so that he could eat, and kept the other one clasped into her own. After a few more moments, Clarke released her boyfriend and moved to get up. She kissed his lips sweetly. "Come on, let's go check on Octavia and Bellamy. Octavia should be waking up soon, if she's not already. I'm sure they're both hungry."

She stood up and moved to take a few shares of the food, enough for Bellamy and Octavia and took two bottles of water, carrying them over to the dropship. The blonde opened the door and she and Jason went inside. Clarke handed over the food and water bottles to the siblings and then examined Octavia's knee once more. "How are you feeling?" She asked the other girl, as her hands gently tested the wound. A flinch from Octavia had her holding up her hands and backing away. "It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanted to check your knee again." Clarke gave the girl a small smile. "It's looking a lot better than it was a few hours ago."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Octavia thanked her brother, when Bellamy helped her back onto the bed. "Thanks Bell," She said softly. Her brother often ordered her around and while she was used to it and mostly rebelled against it, she could tell that he was serious by the look in his eyes. So the girl nodded and carefully laid back down in the bed. Her knee hurt, badly, but that was to be expected. What wasn't expected was Bellamy's words about just how bad the damage to her knee was. When he physically pushed her back to lay in the bed, she did so. Moments
later, he seemed satisfied that she was following his orders and sat back down in his chair, taking her hand into his.

"I love you too, big brother." She said and smiled at him, squeezing his hand that held hers. "You don't have to worry about me so much. I'm okay," The girl said and tried to assure
him. She looked up when Clarke and Jason entered the dropship a few minutes later. "Everything okay out there?" Octavia was glad when Clarke said everything was fine, handed
them some food and water, and examined her knee again. "I'm fine," She told Clarke, when the girl asked how she was feeling. The pain was rough, but manageable. There was
no need to get anyone worked up over her again. Octavia was in pain, but she would be fine. She knew it.

The brunette flinched when the other girl touched her knee. She was glad when the blonde backed away after the flinch. "Well, at least that's something.." Octavia paused for a moment, as silence lapsed between the four of them. She looked up and at Clarke and said one soft word: "Thanks."

Without arguing, Jason accepted the food and ate his share. However, he left a few bites for later just in case Clarke changed her mind. Following her into the dropship, he carried the food and water. After Octavia had thanked her, Jason handed Bellamy the food and one water bottle before handing Octavia the other. Once that was settled, Jason turned towards the table with all the medical supplies. Earlier, he helped Clarke organize everything so it was easier for the girl to access. Since they were cut off when Kane radioed in and when Miller returned alone from Mount Weather, Jason sat down at the table and started sorting through everything. It was heavy on his mind, the events from today. The only survivor from the Ark was Kane. Of course, when he recovered, the older male looked to take full control over the camp. He wondered how receptive people might be, especially Bellamy.

Nonetheless, that was a different battle for later. He sorted the syringes and medicines and gauze. He might not have any medical training but he spent enough time with Clarke to know. Plus, his mother and her mother worked together in the medical area on the Ark so his mother taught him a few things, too. He just did not want to follow in those footsteps. He had intended on being an engineer like his father. All of that had changed course, now. They had different roles to take on down here.

------------

Laughing softly to himself, Bellamy shook his head when Octavia told him not to worry. “Well, I am sorry, Octavia, I am going to worry. I am your big brother. You’re my little sister. I will always worry about you, no matter what. I’m going to try to keep you safe from now on. I can’t let you out of my sights again. The first time I did, you got hurt. I have to make sure that doesn’t happen again.” He whispered, kissing her hand, holding it tight to his chest while waiting for any update from the others. Clarke and Jason entered. Bellamy accepted the food and water from the male and thanked him. If Octavia really did trust Jason, then he would deal with the male. He was decent so far and he was thankful that Octavia was not romantic with him. Bellamy was jealous when he saw them at first, honestly. It was out of context though.

Then, he looked to Clarke. She had his blood boiling earlier but now she was taking care of Octavia and that really did start shifting his mind about the girl. If it was not for her, who knew what might have happened to Octavia. “Thank you for helping her.” He added, looking into Clarke’s eyes before turning back to Octavia. He felt less repulsive when looking at Clarke, this time. “Do you have any idea how long it will take to heal? Do you know how we can get these crutches? Do you know how to make them? I’ll find the wood or whatever you need. She can’t be laid up in a bed in this kind of world.” Bellamy pointed out, knowing they needed to be moving at all times in case something happened.

"You're welcome, but don't go thanking me just yet. You're not gonna like what I have to say next." Clarke sighed and ran a stressed hand over her face. "If we were still on the Ark, it would take Octavia's knee over a year to heal. Given that we're not on the Ark anymore, and have limited to no access to medications, it's gonna take longer than that, if it heals at all.
I can't stress this enough, DON'T put any weight on your knee.." She said to Octavia, everything about her was completely serious. "The bone could snap in half and if that happened, you'd be screwed. I'm not qualified to do the kind of surgery that would repair the bone."

"I mean, I could try. But it would be extremely risky, as I've never done that kind of procedure before. As for the crutches, I'll give you a list of what I need in a few minutes. Mainly, wood, screws, and metal. I can put together a decent pair of crutches in an hour once I have the supplies. I'll need to fit them to her height." After the blonde finished what she had
to say in reference to Octavia, she looked at Bellamy. "There's something we need to discuss. Kane's under the impression that he's going to take over now that he's on the ground.
I'm not gonna let that happen."

"We're not on the Ark, so the rules from there no longer apply. I think that you and I should form a partnership of sorts. The others fear you, respect you, and listen to you. They
respect me as well, but act out because they see you doing it first. We need to do better for the others. There's a lot we need to discuss." Clarke glanced at Jason for a moment,
and then between Bellamy and Octavia. "Miller was the only one who returned from the trip to Mount Weather. They encountered Grounders, and those people killed the rest of
his group."

"Tomorrow morning Jason and I are going to make the trip to Mount Weather and bury the dead, give them a proper send off. I need you to keep control of the camp while we're
gone. Finish the walls tomorrow, go out with a team to hunt for food. Get Raven what she needs because we need her to make an electric fence around the wall once it's finished.
Also, Jason and I are going to make the trip on foot, in case you and the others need the rover. When you guys go out to hunt, take only a few of the gun's that were brought
back from the depot. We need to keep as many here and available as possible. I'm going to have Raven start making gun powder tomorrow as well."

Bellamy and Jason both listened to Clarke closely, drinking in every single word that she said. Clearly, the girl was ambitious and had a plan for everything. Jason had always admired that about her, but that was also a reason he needed to be close and bring her down every so often so she did not stress herself to death. They were in this battle together but they needed other help. Not everyone in camp would listen to Clarke alone. They listened to Bellamy, though. They talked about the need to have him on their side and the need was great.

Jason turned, looking towards Bellamy as he took in the situation. Bellamy did hate to hear that about Octavia. He had not seen the gruesome injury in its entirety but he heard it was rough. That truly saddened the male, wishing that his sister would recover. However, it appeared that this injury had taken a toll and it was taking a long time before she was better. Even on the Ark, it would take over a year according to Clarke. Without the proper medicine, surgery, and treatment, that recovery time might double, triple, or worse. For a second, he felt so bad for Octavia but he knew that he would always be there for her and make sure that she kept the weight off her leg.

Then, Clarke went into details about her plan and what was happening around camp. She was right about one thing with Kane. They could not let him take over completely. They did need different rules than on the Ark. However, the most surprising thing happened when she talked about the Grounders and the attack on Mount Weather when Miller and the other four went to find supplies. He sent those people there. He chose them and that already haunted Bellamy.

It was shocking that other people were on the ground. For his entire life and the entire lives of everyone, it was believed that the ground was void of all human life. They were supposed to be the first back on Earth. Of course, that was incorrect. After the plan for tomorrow was given, Bellamy nodded his head to show that he understood. “Okay. Will do. I’ll get started on everything first thing in the morning. I’ll stay in here with Octavia tonight. If I need you for anything, I’ll find you.” Bellamy commented, coming to grip with the idea of working with Clarke Griffin.

Bellamy took his spot for the night beside Octavia’s table in a chair. Jason reached for Clarke’s hand, gently tugging her out of the dropship. “We’ve been so busy that we haven’t even set up our tent yet. Maybe you can find us a tent to use and I’ll make sure there are people on watch.” Jason knew they needed their rest and they had exhausted all sunlight so far. It was time to get some rest. Jason left, making sure they had people on watch at every juncture and even assigning some rotations on watch. People listened to Jason as well so that helped his cause. Then, he returned back towards the middle of the camp, finding Clarke and helping set up their tent.

Clarke nodded along as Bellamy agreed with everything that she said. However, when it came to Octavia staying there for the night, the blonde shook her head. "Given that we've been taking things from the rest of the Ark that crashed, I've had a handful of the others who are good with their hands putting beds together with the wood and metal. I've made sure that
you and Octavia are going to get the first two beds. Drew's nearly finished with her bed and Jasper's finished with yours and setting it up in your room now. Drew's gonna have Jasper help him carry it into the newly repaired Ark, and then both of you can sleep in your old quarters tonight. Starting tomorrow people can move back into their original homes if they want."

"One more thing, Bellamy." Clarke said and she paused for a moment, trying to find the courage to say what she needed to say. "I want you to teach me how to use a gun. Everyone in the camp needs to know how to use one, just in case. And I have Miller and a few people working on making knives for everyone to use as well. We all know that the guns and bullets
will only last for so long." Once she finally finished speaking, the blonde let her boyfriend tug her out of the dropship, leaving the two siblings alone. Their tent was set up a moment later and she moved to lie down on the ground, setting one sleeping bag on the ground so that she and Jason could lay on it. After that, the blonde fixed the two blankets that she had gotten that afternoon and pulled the covers over their bodies, curling into her boyfriend's side and resting with her head on his chest. "I love you, Jase." Clarke said softly.

*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*

Octavia was quiet as Clarke laid everything out for her and Bellamy. The news about her knee was a blow, but the girl was strong and she would work to overcome her injury. Once the blonde and her boyfriend were gone, the young woman looked at her brother. "You do realize that I can't follow Clarke's orders, right? I can't sit here every single day and be useless. I can't. I won't. So, my leg is fucked up. That's never stopped people from being useful before. I need you to give me a job to do, Bell. I need to contribute something to our new home."

She rubbed a hand over her eyes. "Clarke said that they're having beds made tonight. I'm so glad. I can't wait to sleep in a real bed again. I know it hasn't been very long, but it feels like forever since I slept in a real bed. I'm sure you feel the same." Octavia paused. "Are you okay with what Clarke said, about sleeping in our old living quarters? It'll mean privacy, which is good. But, we don't have to do it if it reminds you too much of Mom.." The girl mentioned their only parent softly. They had both been close to their mother, but they never talked about her. It hurt too much to do so.

The warmth of Clarke’s body caressed Jason’s exposed skin. His arms wrapped gently around her neck and his legs locked together across hers underneath the thick blankets. Jason could feel Clarke’s chest expand and contract, her warm breath tickling the side of his neck. Tightening his grip around the girl’s body, Jason planted his lips firmly against Clarke’s forehead, holding the kiss for ten seconds before pulling away, his eyes fluttering closed afterwards. Gazing downwards, Jason opened his bright, blue orbs again and allowed the slightest hint of a smile to show. Even during the most dark, depressing time he had faced, Clarke found a way to make him smile by simply sharing this intimate moment. “I love you, Princess.” Jason answered with pride and conviction in his voice because he was truly proud of loving Clarke. It was the best thing he had ever done.

Outside, the sound of a light drizzle pattering on the ground began lulling Jason off to sleep. The rain was calming and they were well protected from the elements. Soon enough, Clarke and Jason could join the others inside the dropship with their own living quarters. However, the couple both understood that their leadership role they wanted meant sacrificing for the other delinquents. They had an unspoken deal of staying out here until the others were safe and inside the dropship. Sleeping arrangements did not bother Jason if he had Clarke wrapped in his arms. Thinking about what she asked Bellamy, Jason mentally decided it was a fantastic idea. “When Bellamy teaches you how to use a gun, I will take a lesson, too. We need all our abled bodies to have training with these weapons.” Jason had never even touched a gun. On the Ark, only the Guard had access to these weapons. How difficult could learning to use a gun be? They would find out soon enough.

-----------------------------------

Unfamiliar with other people catering for him, Bellamy’s eyebrows remained quirked and his expression remained confused when Clarke explained everything. Octavia getting a bed first was ideal. Never did he think his bed was in queue behind Octavia’s. The older male would have gladly slept in the floor beside her bed, but Clarke ensured that was not happening. Confirming that he would teach her and Jason how to use a gun, he watched the blonde leave. Maybe she was not such a horrible person after all. It was possible Bellamy jumped to conclusions without giving the girl any benefit of the doubt. His thoughts were yanked back into the present when Octavia started talking.

When she finished speaking, Bellamy clasped Octavia’s hands together with his own, looking deep into her eyes. “Listen to me, O. I love you. I know you hate Clarke, but you must listen to her. She knows what she’s doing. Tell me what good it does if you damage your leg further than it already is. You are never useless. There will be jobs for you, Octavia. If you do not trust Clarke, then trust me. You know I will ensure you have something to do, something that helps us. For me, Octavia, please listen to her. I can’t take anything else happening to you. I love you, so much. We can sleep in our old quarters. I don’t mind. Besides, we never talk about Mom. We should make peace with her. She tried her best to give us a real life and I know it hurts, but we should keep her memory alive.”

"I'm glad you're in agreement about the guns," Clarke said and a few moments later, the blonde covered her mouth with one hand to stifle a yawn. "I think that we should get some rest now. We deserve it after all the crap that we had to endure yesterday." She pressed a gentle kiss to Jason's lips and then rubbed her fingers gently over her father's watch that was on her wrist. The girl said a few soft words to her parents and then laid down once more. Unfortunately for Clarke, even though the rain was soothing and she took comfort from Jason's slow and easy breaths, she just couldn't fall asleep.

The blonde laid there for a few hours, enjoying being wrapped up in her sleeping boyfriend's arms. In the morning they were going to work on getting most of the living quarters cleaned out and set up for everyone to move back into. Right now the only ones that were cleaned and fixed up were Bellamy and Octavia's and that was fine. The younger girl needed looking after, especially with her injury. It wasn't much, but Clarke felt like it was the least she could do since it was her fault that Octavia had been arrested and it was also her fault that Octavia and Bellamy had been sent here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Octavia shook her head when Bellamy said that she hated Clarke. "I don't hate her. I was pissed off at her for turning us both in. But now, it's just a fucking moot point that doesn't matter anymore. My comment about not being able to follow her orders wasn't because I was angry at her. It's because sitting here like a bump on a log is not who I am. You and I both know that. I'm not the kind of person who sits around and lets everyone else do the work, and not do anything worthwhile." She stopped talking once Bellamy started to talk, and nodded at his words.

"I love you too, Bell. And I just didn't want to talk about Mom because her death is my fault," Octavia told him softly. "If I hadn't been born, then you'd still have a mother. She died, and you got stuck babysitting me for the rest of our lives. It's not fair to you, Bellamy. You should be able to live your life. Flirt with girls, have lots of sex, and explore Earth. You shouldn't
be here once again stuck babysitting me because I got carried away like a child and hurt myself." She fell silent a few moments later, and locked eyes with her brother. A moment passed where they just stared into each other's eyes.

Then Octavia did something that would change their lives forever. The girl leaned in and pressed her lips gently against Bellamy's. The kiss slow and sweet. It lasted for several moments before she pulled back. Their eyes locked once more and she saw the confusion and then alarm in her brother's eyes and worried that she had just screwed things up. Octavia grabbed the crutches that Clarke had made for her, hoisted herself off the table and hobbled out of the dropship using her good leg, and over to the rest of the Ark where their old living quarters were.

Jason woke up trembling in the middle of the night. However, no nightmare had plagued his mind. Nothing had happened intrinsically. Blue eyes shot wide open and caught Clarke’s gorgeous body against his own, his orbs landing on her face. She was not asleep. Something bothered her, Jason could tell. Their love was so strong and their connection was so intimate that Jason woke from his slumber when Clarke was afflicted with an inability to sleep. Turning onto his side and facing the girl of his dreams, Jason found himself breathless when his eyes locked onto hers. “Can’t sleep?” The young man whispered quietly, reaching down for another kiss.

“Fine. I won’t sleep if you can’t sleep. We can just rest and cuddle.” Jason suggested, arms wrapping tighter around her body before remembering something. Propping up onto his elbows, Jason found his backpack and removed a small piece of paper, handing it to Clarke. It was one of her drawings. The night he was arrested inside her room, Clarke gifted him a drawing of Earth with blooming trees, lush grass, and a beautiful lake. The drawing was perfect. “I kept this in my pocket at all times.” He mused, looking down into Clarke’s eyes again. He loved when she drew something for him and after his arrest, this paper was the only physical memory of Clarke. “I was so scared I would never see you again.” He admitted, thankful to share this intimate moment with Clarke.

----------------------------

Before the kiss, Bellamy looked almost hurt Octavia would say something like that. “O, don’t you dare say that about yourself. It is not your fault that Mom was floated. It is not your fault. If you were not born, I would not have a life. You are my life, Octavia. That’s not something negative. I love you, Octavia. I can’t picture my life without you. You’re my sister and I will always love you. If I had the chance to change everything, I would not change it. I am not the same without you. I remember how happy I was when Mom told me I was getting a baby sister. The greatest day of my life was the day you were born.”

If Octavia took nothing else away from their interaction, Bellamy wanted Octavia to know that he loved her and did not blame her for anything. She should not blame herself. The most shocking thing was not something Octavia said. Time moved in slow motion when the brunette leaned forward and connected their lips. Unsure how to respond, Bellamy watched Octavia hobble away from him and towards their old living quarters. Seconds later, he reached their old room and inhaled sharply before pushing the door open.

Without a word, Bellamy approached his sister and placed both hands onto her face, tilting her head backwards and yanking her close, covering her mouth with his own to start a hungry kiss. This kiss was much more passionate than the first. Bellamy closed his eyes, focusing on the warmth of her mouth and how her lips caressed his own. Their lips fit together perfectly, almost like they were made for one another. Tentatively, Bellamy prodded at her lips with his tongue, hoping to find access inside her mouth and take this kiss onto a new level. His rough hands continued touching her soft face, nothing else in the world even mattering to the older male right now. Only Octavia was important.

"Guilt tends to do that," Was Clarke's reply to Jason's query. She kissed him back, when he kissed her lips. "You don't need to stay awake because of me. One of us should get some sleep, and it's not gonna be me." When he wrapped his arms tighter around her, the blonde immediately leaned into his touch. Clarke pouted when Jason pulled away from her and
moved away to get his backpack. She relaxed once more when he returned to her a few moments later. He handed her a piece of paper, and a smile settled on her lips at the sight
of the old drawing.

"Thank you for getting sent down here. Seeing you and knowing that you're here, is the only thing keeping me from falling apart," The blonde admitted softly. "No matter what happens, you always know how to make me feel better. And it's not even about what you say. It's just you, as a person. Even before we started dating, I've always felt safe with you. I've always known the amazing person you are. One day, if we live long enough, I want to be your wife.." Clarke said softly. "I want everyone to know that I belong to you and that you're the most important person in my life."

Octavia was surprised and amazed when Bellamy walked in and kissed her. She had expected him to tell her that what she had done was wrong. That they were brother and sister
and that while he loved her as his sister, he didn't love her romantically. But that didn't happen. Instead, he cupped her face with his hands and kissed her back. She felt his tongue
seek entry to her mouth, and the girl readily gave it. They continued to kiss and Octavia relaxed into the action. She shifted on the bed a little, and winced at pain from her damaged knee.

After a few moments, she pulled back and ended the kiss. Her eyes took in Bellamy's face. Looking for any hint of regret or disgust and hoping to find none of either. Silence passed between the two of them as they each caught their breath. After a few minutes Octavia finally said, "You okay, Bell?" The words came out softly, as she didn't want to spook him. He looked ready to bolt at any moment. Whatever happened next could be the start of something amazing between them, or it could be the end of their close sibling bond. The girl really hoped for the former to happen, as she wouldn't survive losing her brother.

“If you can’t sleep, I’m not going to sleep. Besides, I like talking to you. You don’t have to thank me. I’d do anything for you. I just knew that when they took you away, I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing.” It was crazy but Jason was working on this absurd idea about how to save Clarke from being floated, to break her out of solitary. Yeah, it was so unlikely but he would have died trying. Instead, he was arrested, too. It worked out for the best, though. They were reunited again. “I’d love to call you my wife. I hope sometime things calm down here on the ground and we can do that.”

Getting married was something they had talked about before. They were young but they were in love and one day, they wanted that. “Hell, we don’t even need a ceremony. I’ll already call you Clarke Hunter right now if that’s what you want.” Jason chuckled, moving on top of her, kissing her neck sweetly. “Whatever happens on the ground, you know I’m here at your side. We’re a team and nothing’s going to change that.” The male whispered, capturing her lips one more time, sliding his hands through her long hair, soothing himself while doing this. “I don’t know how I got so lucky.”

-------------

Incest was taboo. Even on the Ark, hundreds of years after the modern world ended, some things never changed. Even though they were not allowed to have siblings, there were history books about incest in the past from biblical times and even into ancient times with Kings and Queens that were brother and sister. However, it was always shot down as something disgusting. Now, Bellamy had not always felt this way about Octavia. However, when she started growing older and became a young woman, it was difficult not to notice things about her that were attractive. She was a beautiful girl and Bellamy was unable to help the thoughts in his mind.

Never did he think they would be acted upon. It surprised him when Octavia kissed him like this. Sure, they had kissed before but it was on the cheek and harmless. He often wondered what her lips tasted like. Now he knew. “I’m okay. It’s just that, this isn’t the first time I’ve thought about being with you more than just as a brother.” He admitted and squeezed her hands. Their connection as siblings was strong. He did not want that to falter. Instead, he wanted it to strengthen because they loved each other more than just siblings. He wondered how Octavia felt. “Is this something you always want? Or was it just an impulse?” He asked softly, hoping it was the first answer.

Clarke smiled and nodded at his words. "I like the sound of that," The blonde said softly as Jason kissed her neck. She tugged his shirt by the collar and brought her boyfriend's lips against her own. After they kissed for a long time, she released his collar so he could move around and get comfortable once more. "I know that you'll be by my side. I wouldn't
have it any other way." His words made her smile widen. "I like hearing you call us a team." They kissed once more and when Jason slid his hands through her hair, she was unable
to do anything but lean into his touch.

"We're both lucky," She whispered back. "When I was growing up, I never would've imagined that someone would love me enough to do the things you've done." Clarke took one of Jason's hands into her own and pressed a gentle kiss across it. "No matter what anyone says or does, I want you to know that you mean everything to me." After speaking, Clarke
laid back down and curled into Jason once more. She still wouldn't be able to fall asleep, but it didn't matter now. The blonde glanced down at the drawing she had done for her
boyfriend. It had been a while since she had drawn anything. Maybe it was time to start doing what she loved again.

"I know that I have a tendency to be impulsive most times. This isn't one of them. And if any shrinks were still around they'd probably throw some crap at me about how my wires have gotten crossed and my feelings of love for you are only in a sibling capacity, but since those wires are crossed, I've confused those feelings with feelings of lust and romantic love. I say bullshit. I know what I want and I'm not afraid to go after it. The only thing I am afraid of, is hurting you or losing you. I love you, Bellamy. And if you change your mind tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, that's okay."

"I'm willing to take whatever you want to give. If you wake up tomorrow and have a panic attack about me kissing you, and start thinking that you've somehow corrupted me, then knock it off. I'll back off if that's what you need. If you think you've somehow taken advantage of me, you didn't. I want this. I've been fucked up from the very beginning, and you're the only person and thing in my life that isn't fucked up beyond words. Whatever you want to happen, will happen. And anyone who says anything, I'll kill them. I don't care who it is. If Kane opens his mouth, I'll stab him in his sleep."

"If Clarke butts in, I'll slit her throat without a second thought. Murphy makes a single motion in my direction or yours, I'll shoot him in the head. We were separated once, and I'm not gonna let that happen again. No matter what we end up being to each other."

Back
Top Bottom