Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter Part 2 {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

She sighed at his words of wisdom. "Shut up." She told him and rubbed his arm.

"Oh hush. Now is not the time for I told you so. In my bag there are some icy hot patches. Will you get me one?" She asked him. She had her pain pills next to the bed and she took one Chauncey she already took two when he alarm went off. She put the icy hot on her ribs and started getting ready.

"Yeah order breakfast. Fruit salad for me." She gave him a kiss.

The closet they got to leaving for the trial the more quiet and nervous she got. She poked at her fruit salad and had a few bites but didn't finish it. After today she would be free.

Jake got up and got her the patches. He knew all too well how broken ribs felt. "Just be glad it didn't puncture a lung." He teased with a smile and kissed her cheek.

As she got ready he ordered breakfast. It was weird she was the nervous one as he was trying to keep her calm. She was the one with new appetite. He almost felt guilty for eating a big breakfast. It was a plan for later in the day, it could be awhile before he could eat again.

"Hey...it's gonna be okay. I'll be right there the whole way. After today we put it behind us and work on planning our wedding and celebrating our boy growing up. Before they'd walk out the door he'd give her a big reassuring hug. Reassuring her that it will he okay.

He texted Amy to video call Adri so Owen could make her smile before having to leave. He thought it would be therapeutic.

She smiled and nodded her head, "I know." She said softly. "It means a lot that you are here. Thank you." She smiled and gave his cheek a kiss.

She did get to speak to Owen for a little bit but he was still more interested in his new toy than anything else. She thanked Amy for calling and later saying hello to her nephew, she hung up the phone and put it back in her bag.

When hey got the courthouse, he lawyer was there to walk them in. They went into a private waiting room and he briefed them on what would happen. Both attackers would be brought in, they would plead guilty or not guilty and then the rest was up to a judge. Since Adri wanted this quick and easy, it would be a trial by judge. Everything would be laid out in court.

"There's no where else I would want to be babe." And it was true. There was no way he'd let her do this alone. He needed to be with her.

Jake hoped that helped her a bit talking to Owen. He said a quick hello but wanted it to calm her nerves more than anything. It was a bit frustrating the stages of toys being more interesting than mom and dad was starting already.

When they arrived at the courthouse, Jake held her hand as they walked in. He was rather quiet but let his presence be known to Adri. He couldn't sit with her at the prosecution table but he'd be right behind her. They made their way into the courtroom and Jake kissed her cheek. "It will be okay." He told her softly and took his seat behind where Adri and her lawyer would sit.

Everyone had to rise when the judge walked in and he was presented the case.

Her lawyer went first and gave Adri's account of what happened and then it was the defendant's turn.

"Your honor, my client was provided a key and an apartment number and the charges against him are a completely erroneous. He was a man believing that he was protecting his new home, nothing more. When this woman entered the apartment he believed her to be an intruder and did what he thought was correct to protect himself and his pregnant girlfriend. He pleads not guilty." The other attorney said.

"All the evidence is against him. Don't worry it won't stand."

From there the short trial turned into a long trial. The other attorney was a good spinner of the truth but ultimately it was up to the judge. The evidence was against him. The apartment was fully furnished an Adri had a key as well. It was known that the key was missing and it somehow got into the hands of her attacker. She was informed by her lawyer thats he could sue the apartment building for mishandling her spare key.

It was three hours on trial and the female hadn't even presented her case yet. There were no breaks in trial butt he male was sat aside and the female came in to present her case. She was facing a lot less time but still a substantial amount. She plead guilty with no issues and her side of the trial was fairly fast.

The judge called for a break before he gave his verdict. So the attackers were taken away and Adri and her lawyer were allowed to go back to the private room.

"This is all still very much in our favor. He's seen the pictures. Their side is clearly based on a very vague truth. They wouldn't even answer where they got the key from. but I do suggest suing the apartment building. None of this would have happened if they didn't mishandle the key."

Jake kept quiet when the guy claimed that Adri was breaking into his apartment. A guy of his size having to attack her to protect himself. What a joke. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. It was a long few hours of everything but then when the female pleaded guilty he had no idea how the guy had a case at all when his girl pleaded guilty.

He looked at Adri. "What do you think we should do? It's not like we need the money. But it could prevent this happening to someone else. We have time to discuss it and figure it out." He let out a sigh. "How long do we have? Do we have time to get something to eat or should we stay here?" Jake paced around a bit. It was nice to stand and move around.

Jake then moved to Adri and rubbed her back. "You doing okay?"

"It's not about the money." She frowned. "I don't give two shits about the money. I want to feel safe in my own home. I don't want to feel relieved because I didn't check the locks before bed." She sighed and rubbed her temples.

"I think it's best if she stays here. Just in case the judge calls us back in for a private audience." Her layer told Jake. "You could always go and get something and bring it back though." He offered and looked at Adri.

"I'm fine. I just want to get it over with. If you're hungry maybe you should go and get something to eat. I'm over this whole thing." She took a seat and closed her eyes. "Either go for a walk or sit down. I can't with the pacing. Please, just go for a walk." She wasn't tryignto be mad at him but she was stressed and he was available.

"I know it isn't. Like I said maybe we should just so it doesn't happen to anyone else." He wanted her to get her life back where she felt safe everywhere but especially her own home. Or if she needed to travel she felt safe.

Jake had a feeling that was what her lawyer would tell him. He just thought if she could get away for a minute it may help. He figured she wouldn't eat anyway.

He stopped and looked at her. He was tired of sitting and needed to move but he didn't want to really just leave her either. Instead he leaned against the windowsill and pulled his phone out. He was quiet and just let her do her own thing and kept his mouth shut since he seemed to be just pissed her off more. He gave her the quiet and space she wanted.

The amount of time that they sat in the room would have been enough go and eat something and came back. It was easier to just stay in the room. Security was being amped up in the front to corral the press and paparazzi.

They were finally called on and went back into the court room. The judged came in and gave his verdict. The woman was first getting a guilty verdict and five years behind bars. The male stood and the judge also gave him guilty verdict. With this being his third strike he was looking at life in prison with no parole.

Adri expected a huge weight to be lifted from her shoulders but she didn't feel anything. She thanked the judge and they were free to go. All day in court and she didn't feel any better. But she knew she didn't want to be there again. She put on her sunglasses and went out front with her lawyer. He did all of the talking saying that it was in Adri's favor and he hoped nothing like this happened to anyone again. After that they had to push their way to the car so they could leave.

Adri unbuttoned her jacket and took her sunglasses off. "I'm sorry I snapped at you. I was stressed. I shouldn't have taken it out on you." She said softly. "Tomorrow you are doing the game right?" She asked. "And then Buzzfeed is after that. I think the Buzzfeed video and Drag Race happen at the same time so I will be there for the game but then I have to go to set." She told him. "You will probably be done before me though so you can come over afterwards."

Jake was fairly happy with the verdict with the case. With the guy they couldn't get a better verdict. With the woman it was probably the best they could do with her situation and part in the case. He got up to walk out with Adri. He held her hand but when the lawyer stopped to talk to the media he put his arm around her and let the lawyer do his thing.

When they were in the car he took his jacket off and pulled his phone out to check any messages from the family. When she apologized he didn't really say it was okay because it wasn't. She had done it a lot since the incident and it wasn't right but he understood because he probably would have snapped a time or two if it happened to him. "I understand." That's why he didn't say much else about it. "Yeah. Okay. You and Liam can take the car. I figure out a Uber or something." He shrugged.

"What's our plans for the rest of today? Do you want me to call your parents and give them an update?" Even more now he thought the camping trip and cabin shopping was a good idea for them to get away for a bit. "Why don't we see about getting massages if they have an opening today." Thought maybe a massage would help her relax a bit. He would have suggested the beach but he figured she wouldn't want to be out where people could find them.

"Okay." She said to him getting an Uber.

"I can call my parents. I was going to call mom when I got back to the hotel." She told him. "I was thinking of going to the apartment." She told him. "Taking Liam and going in alone. Maybe that will help." She shrugged her shoulder and sighed. She looked out the window and ran her fingers through her hair.

"A massage might be nice." She agreed. "If you want." "If you can't get it through the hotel there are spas all over the place. Maybe they can send someone over or something." She shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. I'm sure you'll figure it out."

He gave her a nod about her calling her mom. "Okay." He wasn't entirely following what she was saying. "Just you and Liam? You want me to stay back?" He asked and looked at her. If it was what she thought would help. Then he would stay back.

Jake started trying to figure out the a massage. "I'll get it for this evening so you can go to the apartment if you want. It will help before going to bed." He made a few calls and got one scheduled. "Seven this evening. They are coming to our hotel room to give us personal massages."

"So are we going back to the hotel first or what's the plan?" This was Adri's show. Whatever she wanted to do he'd go with. He returned some confirmations about Buzzfeed and the game. "I know dad's been doing a good job as my assistant but I think it's probably time for me to get a more full time assistant to filter emails and offers. I don't think he can keep up and he's not trained to handle all the emails and offers. I think it's time too to get a good lawyer to go over contracts. They say fighters don't really need managers but a good lawyer. So if my assistant can filter emails and send contracts to my lawyer that would help." He needed someone to help like her agent helped her. His father did a good job but since he became champion he can't stay on top of everything plus he's getting older.

"I was going to have Liam wait outside of the door while I go and walk around. I'm not doing anything. I didn't think you would want to go. It's going to be boring." She told him. "If you want to go you can but I don't know how long I'll be there or what I'll do when I get there."

She thought about it. She wasn't ready to go to the apartment yet, "The hotel." She told the driver and listened to Jake. "I don't think he will mind that. He is retired, right? He took the job to bond with you but I'm sure he was enjoying retired life. You two will still spend time together. You will need someone who is dedicated to being your assistant though. That's understandable with your new title."

When they got to the hotel, she put her sunglasses on and they had to push though the paparazzi to get into the building. Security went out and kicked them off the premises again but they just went across the street and camped out. Adri hit the button to their floor and rested her head against the wall during the slow ride up.

It seemed like she didn't want him there so he wouldn't go. She'd rather have her body guard so he'd let her do whatever she needed to do. "I'll just let you do your thing and I'll work or something."

"Yeah. He needs time for himself. To just focus on being a grandpa and I don't want to take time from him and the new baby either. It will be nice to just spend time with him and not have to work." He said but then looked out the window. It would be something he could talk to his father about when they got back.

Jake walked in with her and up to their room. He told Liam to not go too far before he went in their hotel room. He knew she wanted to go to the apartment so he wanted Liam to be ready when she was. Jake went in and took off his suit and put on basketball shorts and a shirt he cut off. He sent Amy a text to check on Owen. It was probably useless to call because Owen was probably playing with his new toy. He laid down across the sofa for a moment as he texted his sister.

She nodded her head. She was sure his father would want to spend as much time as possible with his grandkids. Especially the new baby because who didn't love new babies? They were so tiny and cute and they smelled nice. And they didn't ignore you for new toys.

When they got into the room, Adri picked up her phone and called her mom. She changed into a pair of jeans but kept her shirt on. She did take off the blazer and hang it back up though. She sat on the bed and spoke to her mother and father. They already knew the verdict since they were scouring for news. They were happy for her and they said she should think about suing the apartment building for damages both physical and mental and for losing the key. Her father would do it himself but he couldn't.

When that phone call was finished, she took a short forty minute nap before getting up and deciding that she was ready to go. She slipped into her heels and went up front. "Liam and I are going to head out. Do you want me to pick anything up before I come home?" She asked him and picked up her purse. She gave him a kiss on the forehead and once she got his answer she left.

When they got to the apartment, Liam unlocked and opened the door. He went in to check it before going outside and waiti for Adri to come out. Adri walked in and looked around. It was weird being inside the place of her nightmares. She walked to the bathroom and stood in the door frame. Nothing was touched. Nothi was cleaned. It was all how she left it.

They were eating when the police and her agent broke into the apartment. She threw their plates away. She cleaned through the fridge and trashed all of the rotten food. She kicked her heels off and cleaned everything. She packed her closet up and put the dishes on the counter. They could donate them for all she cared. She took her pictures off of the walls and put Prince Harry with them. Tomorrow night she'd get those packed and sent home. The rest fit in the suit cases she had here and she'd take them home when they left.

She was in the apartment for a few hours clean and packing. When she emerged she was a little sweaty and her hair was messy. She had three suitcases that needed to be taken to the car.

"We have to come back tomorrow to get everything else and mail it all home." She told Liam and he nodded his head. He took two of the suitcases and she rolled the third one to the elevator after locking the door. They started the drive to the hotel but Adri stopped them at Taco Bell and she ordered six soft tacos and whatever the driver and Liam wanted then they went to the hotel.

She put the bag on the counter and then helped Liam and the bellboy win her suitcases. She thanked them and tipped the bellboy. She let Liam go for the night and closed and locked the door. "I bought soft tacos and I packed up most of the apartment. I might donate the furniture. I just have to wrap up all of the pictures and Prince Harry and send them home and I'm done there. I don't think they will throw a fit if I pull out of my lease a few months early." She sat on the couch and noticed the massage table in the room. She looked at the clock and it read 7:30.

He told her he didn't need anything as she was leaving for the apartment. He told her he loved her and then after she left he got up and put shoes on.

Jake headed to Gold's gym and got a good work out in. He took a photo of himself and after his work out he posted it with an inspiring quote onto his social media account. After the hard work out he went back to the hotel. He took his shirt off and was just going to wait until after his massage to shower from the oil.

The massage therapists showed up at 6:30 to get set up. He kept checking his phone to see if she was coming. Then she never showed up. He got his done anyway. He sat on the couch, not wanting to shower with them still there. He asked them to stay a little longer. Then Adri finally came in. "I'm not hungry thanks though." When she saw the message table he looked in her direction, "she was willing to stay if you still want a massage." He said softly and got up. "I'm gonna shower."

"I feel really sweaty and gross. I don't think you want to touch this." Adri told the masseuse when Jake went to shower. "I'd feel weird." She explained and gave them her card so she could pay for their time and they were off.

She closed and locked the door behind them and pushed her suitcases into the room. She used her phone to find a place where she could get big boxes for her pictures and bulkier items and then she went into the bathroom and drew up a hot bath. She could have the jets massage her and not feel weird about it.

Her ribs hurt and cleaning the apartment didn't do anything to help that. With a little help from the hot water she'd feel better. She was starting to think her ribs would hurt forever. It's not like she could just lay in bed and let them heal.

Jake could tell she didn't get a massage when she came in the bathroom as he was showering. That pissed him off even more. He hired them for her but she needed to do whatever it was at the apartment. She took a big step so he wouldn't say anything about it. He washed his body and hair before getting out. He put on underwear and basketball shorts and no shirt.

He then went out and grabbed some Jack from the room bar and poured a glass and took his computer and sat out on the balcony. The cool night air was nice and refreshing. As he sat out there he went over possible assistants to hire. He could line up interviews for when he got home. Having someone in Vegas made the most sense. Most assistants could work from anywhere but having a mutual home base seemed smart.

He drank his Jack and did work before just relaxing. He texted Amy and Luke a bit, giving Adri her space.

Adri ran her fingers through the bubbled water as the tub filled up. She went to the other room and got undressed and pulled out her night clothes. She went back into the bathroom and got into the tub to soak.

She closed her eyes and sank under the water for a little bit before coming back up and resting her head on the edge. She stayed in the tub until her fingers got pruny then she let it drain and hopped in the shower to wash off the dirty water and then she dried off and got dressed.

She grabbed a couple tacos from the box and gave Jake a kiss on the forehead. She went into the bedroom and watched some tv while she ate dinner.

Jake hadn't had anything to eat so the alcohol went straight to his head but he didn't care. It would help him sleep. When he started to get tired he got up and took his computer and glass in with him. He put the glass on the counter and put his laptop on the desk. He confirmed the times for both meetings the following day and set up a driver for him to go to the game and then would just get an Uber to go to Buzzfeed.

He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth and then went into the bedroom to get into bed. He got into bed and got comfortable. He laid on his back and closed his eyes looking away from Adri and the tv trying to get some sleep.

Adri's social media was lighting up with support for the trial. Celebrities were voicing their support and concerns. Fans were also showing the same support.

Jake hadn't had anything to eat so the alcohol went straight to his head but he didn't care. It would help him sleep. When he started to get tired he got up and took his computer and glass in with him. He put the glass on the counter and put his laptop on the desk. He confirmed the times for both meetings the following day and set up a driver for him to go to the game and then would just get an Uber to go to Buzzfeed.

He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth and then went into the bedroom to get into bed. He got into bed and got comfortable. He laid on his back and closed his eyes looking away from Adri and the tv trying to get some sleep.

Adri's social media was lighting up with support for the trial. Celebrities were voicing their support and concerns. Fans were also showing the same support.

Adri clicked the TV off when Jake came into sleep. She wasn't rude and she barely knew he was upset. He left her alone after the trial which was nice to get her mind around the fact that her attackers wouldn't hurt her or her family any time soon. Now she had figure out if she wanted to sue the apartment building. She was sure she didn't want to be in another trial any time soon but they shouldn't be let off that easily either.

She got off the bed to throw her trash away and brush her teeth. She got back I. Bed and flicked through her messages. She put a post up thanking everyone for their kind words of support and she was looking forward to getting off the grid with her family and then going back to work.

She also posted a picture on Instagram thanking Jake for being there from the beginning, for being supportive through her stages of anxiety and stress and she opened up about what life was like after the attack and how Jake was nothing but loving and supportive through it.

The tv never bothered Jake when he tried to sleep so she didn't have to shut it off but he was too comfortable to move and tell her that. It took no time at all for Jake to fall asleep. It was a long day and with the work out he was pretty beat. The alcohol also helped him be tired.

He was fast asleep and Amy called Adri. Owen had a bit of a cough. Amy figured it was his asthma but didn't know if she should try a breathing treatment or not. It got worse at night and in the morning. It was worse that night so she called to see what they should do. It wasn't super serious but Amy wanted to check before doing anything. She figured it was just allergies because of the weather but she didn't know.

Jake heard the phone and rolled towards Adri and out of habit snuggled up to her.

Back
Top Bottom