Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Continuing the Blood Line (PatientOne & Lagertha)

PatientOne

Star
Vampire Layout:

*All vampires can walk in sunlight. However the older they get the more tolerant they are to the effects. If the vampire is young it will make them physically exhausted or simply make their reaction time, healing, speed and strength severely limited.

*Garlic, crosses, holy water and all the other classic lore is nixed. Killing a vampire involves removing their head. Period.

*My vampires DO NOT SPARKLE.

*Vampires rarely if ever feed from humans. Human blood is too weak in comparison to vampire blood, so vampires will simply feed from one another. Most commonly from the opposite gender as feeding often times leads to sex because of the venom in their fangs. The venom is to dull pain and make the "victim" more comfortable and relaxed while feeding.

*Vampire venom creates a rush of endorphin's in the blood stream often leading to heightened arousal. From vampire to vampire the affects are controllable to an extent. However from vampire to human the affects can be addicting and if left unattended, painful. There are certain ways around this which mainly involves the vampire using a small amount of mental power to force the human into a slumber.

*Vampire saliva holds a healing agent within to heal minor wounds like cuts, scraps, minor burns and, most commonly, fang punctures.

*The older a vampire, the stronger he/she is. Pure Blood vampires have the ability to wield an element. (Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Spirit)

*Humans can be turned into a vampire but it is a dangerous process for both the male and female. The human body needs to be dead in order for the vampire blood to be able to reanimate the human and compensate for the energy and power that will come with the change.

*Females are the rulers of the race. Without females the race would die off. Males are the protectors, warriors and hunters.

*There are four classes of vampires:

Civilian: Vampires who are like the average joe and try to avoid combat and confrontation at all costs and just want to live out their lives in peace.

Noble: The watchers of the Civilians. A lot like Noble's back in medieval times. They protect the Civilian's and make sure they stay in line. They're stronger than the Civilians, faster and a bit smarter. They don't wield an element. They answer to Pure Bloods and only Pure Bloods.

Pure Blood: Rulers of the race as a whole. Often times they are Coven leaders, Master Vampires who delegate their Nobles to guard and oversee a certain section or city of Civilians. They control one of the five natural elements. They can also take on the role of Shade.

Shade: Shade are an Elite vampire soldier. To become a Shade one must be a Master of his or her element and be at least 200 years of age. They only answer to the Queen. They are usually seen in her presence as body guards. Shade are also stationed within Coven's to work with the Coven leaders. During times of war, Shade are the assassin's or the extreme brute force of a vampire army. Shade only use swords as weapons as well as their element.

*Due to the higher healing rate and high energy output that a vampire naturally has, having children is very hard. 1 in 3 infants survive the womb. The female has to not only decrease her feeding habits but she also becomes very vulnerable to attacks as she is severely weakened.

*During times of pregnancy with a mate, males are extremely protective of their females and have been known to even attack their own if they fear injury to their female.

*Infants are top priority in the vampire society in terms of guarding. When an infant is born they need a year of being kept from the others to be fed and their skin and bones to strengthen. No one other than the Queen and a few other select vampire are permitted to see the infant during this year. Parents of the infant are also highly aggressive and protective during this time due to the frailty of their young.

*If a mated female dies, the male will die as well, the pain from the loss is too great and the heart and mind simply give up. If a mated male dies and the female has no off spring, she will perish as well. If she has a child, the child is her reason for living on without her mate. Though she will never take another mate.

One year. One year Alex had been gone from his home Coven in San Angelo, Texas. It wasn't a very big city, but there was a lot of open places so the Coven Estate had been built on a large ranch which gave them the privacy to do what they wanted as well as the ability to be away from the random red necks that seemed to be so plentiful in the southern states. Alex was currently in London. He'd been here for a year helping to get a new Coven and its members up and running. Working on the security as well as the financial standings. He was a Pure Blood and an old one at that so it gave him a position of authority.

During his year long stay he would make a call back to his home Coven once a week, usually on Sunday night and speak with his younger sister. He'd officially named her Spitfire simply because she was. She was a feisty little thing who controlled the element of fire. Fire wasn't always a loose cannon element but on occasion...she certainly had that ability. She was left in charge of his Coven in his absence and his Shade Captain, Raven, was there to help her. Alex had known Raven for the better part of his life and Raven was a strong and talented Shade. He was also very smart so he knew that Raven would keep his sister from going over board when her temper got the better of her.

Packing his suitcase Alex ran a hand through his long raven black hair and sighed as he turned a pair of pale ice blue eyes to the Coven leader who he was now leaving. Bowing to the female he gave her a smile as she gave him a kiss on his cheek and thanks. Hopefully his sister didn't give him shit for smelling like the female. Vampires sense of smell was very acute and she'd be able to tell that the female had kissed him. She'd also be able to tell that he hadn't done anything with her so hopefully his scolding wasn't too harsh.

Once everything was in order Alex ported himself back to his home Coven, taking shape in his room with all of his things. Setting his luggage down he noticed his bed was a little ruffled which meant his sister had been sleeping in his bed. Rolling his eyes he shook his head as he pulled his suit jacket off and hung it up. Leaving himself in a pair of black leather dress boots with a chrome buckle on the side. His pants were tailored dress slacks, also black in color. His dress shirt was black as well. Silk to be exact. His tie was the only real color in his attire and it was a matching blue hue to go with his eyes.

Alex stood at six feet two inches and weighed about one hundred ninety pounds of hard toned muscle. His skin was fairly tanned as well given how much time he'd spent outside building the Coven over the last year. He wasn't dark in his tan, but lightly colored. Walking through the halls several of his Coven members all smiled and welcomed him home. Spotting Raven he smiled as the male shook his hand and chuckled at his tan.
"Where is she?"
Alex asked as Raven motioned to the outdoor pool.
"She's working on her tan."
Which meant she was sitting in the sun for no reason at all since she had always been a pale female.

Smiling Alex headed outside and looked at her from the doorway.
"You do know it's pointless for you to be lying in the sun Spitfire."

The last year had been ever so boring. Well, not entirely boring. She had the whole coven to herself, being second in charge for the last one hundred years. Rose had always been under her brother's wing, the current leader of the Coven, and it had been no surprise when he had left her in charge as e left for a year. Everything was in order like usual, but Rose had gotten her fair share of relaxing without him looking over her shoulder.

All it took was Raven, she had always fancied her pure blood of a brother, but Raven had increasingly gotten more delicious looking over the past year. Probably because she didn't have the distraction of her brother looming over her face and had now replaced it with Raven's cunning charm. Still Raven seemed so oblivious to her flirting it was so boring.

So Rose had taken to other things, besides just sitting inside all day lounging in the dark. She had tried to lay outside more, watching the sunset or sunrise from one of the more open architechular rooms of the coven home. This did little to burn her skin, to darken it at all. Rose had always had that issue, ever since she was small. She had watched her older brother, his skin turning slightly tanned from it's usual pale complexion in the sun. Rose had been so thrilled at the idea of her skin turning darker, looking more human like her older brother Alex that she had tried for about ten years trying to make her skin turn darker...It never worked. Her skin always remained it's snow white complexion and she could still hear her mother's faint giggles in her head.

'Oh darling..' Her mother had once laughed, so enlightened by Rose's attempts to look human, so amused with her ambition to turn her skin dark. '..You just aren't meant to get dark. Your skin is perfect the way it is. It fits you perfectly.' Still Rose hated hearing those words play in her head, but she knew now it was of little to no use laying out here in his lounging chair trying to tan.

"I'll never tan.." Rose had closed her eyes, bored after two hundred years of watching the sun rise and fall in the distance, of hoping her skin might change it's color to something more..living. She had grown accustomed to this, her skin, and how some of the lesser vampires in the coven admired her coloring. It looked quite well with her fiery hair, the same red as the sun's hue, as her father's head of hair. She could still picture the long bear her father had decided to grow, that he had worn for the first century of her life. Their mother had a different complexion, raven colored hair, green eyes, but their father had been the opposite; red hair, blue eyes. It seemed Rose and Alex had gained the better traits of their parents.

"Rose, I believe your brother has returned." She could hear the little thing in the corner of the room calling to her, though Rose paid little attention to the small frail vampire girl watching her. Rose laid on her stomach, a thin blanket stretched below her form, her white shoulders showing to the sun, and nothing but black panties on. That was a joy since her brother had been gone, being able to run around the place however she pleased. She had been living for two hundred years, and covering up her body anymore felt ridiculous.

"Is he?...how wonderful." Rose sighed, her long hair draped on the ground beside the lounge. She didn't bother moving, even when she heard his footsteps a good mile away. She could smell him too, the scent of her brother and another female on his body lingering. No doubt the female of the Coven he left had gifted him with a kiss, but Rose herself seemed uninterested. She wondered how humans could go for only a few decades of not mating with another, and she had endured two centuries.

Spitefire. She heard the name he had called her for as long as she could remember, as he opened the doors to the sun bathing room. Rose opened her eyes slowly, behind thick black lashes that framed her green eyes. Her eyes remained half open, looking at the door her brother now stood in.

"Yet here I still lay brother. Hoping one last time the sun might color my skin to make me look more alive." Rose commented, smiling softly at him with her rosy lips. Her brows were black as well, casting a haunting look against her pale skin with such red hair and contrast. "I see you are still in one piece as always, should I thank the plane for that? Or should I thank the remarkable ability you have for perfection on every level?" She knew Alex like the back of her hand, as they had grown up together, though he was still older than her by a century. It wasn't uncommon though, for pure bloods to mate with their siblings. Still Rose was waiting, and perhaps she should had found interest in another by how long she had waited. "You must have done a remarkable job, for her scent lingers on you still. " Her back was exposed, her arms in such a position to hide the side of her breasts from him, but Rose didn't move anymore then making facial expressions and talking. She much looked like a statue frozen in time, and she felt much like one.​

Alex looked at his younger sister as she spoke and raised an eyebrow. She seemed a bit off compared to how he remembered her. A year was not exactly a long time in the vampire world, so why did she change so much? Shaking his head he watched her sit up and place her arm in front of her breasts. As she spoke about how he must have done a remarkable job he sighed a bit and ran a hand through his hair.
"She simply gave me a kiss to the cheek, yet you act like she stuck her tongue down my throat."
He said with a chuckle as he looked around for a moment.
"Seems you were able to keep the Coven from burning to the ground. That's good."
He said as he looked back at her now.

Seeing as she seemingly had no interest in talk much he shook his head.
"When you're in a more talkative mood, we'll chat."
He said as he turned and left her alone. He wasn't really in the mood for her to be so stoic as he'd had a pretty long day. Finding Raven he spoke to the male about some of the lesser matters in the Coven, mainly just small things in certain members and certain requests. Once that was done Alex headed to his office and went to work on reading some of his emails.

A year ago, Rose was energetic, flirty and always near him whether it was bugging him about working too much or just teasing him by walking around in little to no clothing. Now, she was acting like he'd been at the Coven the entire time and had been ignoring her for the past year. Shaking his head a bit he'd see how things changed as the day progressed to see what it was exactly that he'd missed.

Things hadn't changed overnight for Rose, for the way she felt. She had contemplating her relationship with her pure blood brother all the time, though more recently it had stirred up. Rose still thought she belonged with him, as did most pure bloods with their siblings. Hell, she knew their parents had been cousins.
It seemed no surprise to her when her brother left assuming she would be in a more talkative mood later. Rose wasn't so sure, the last year with him gone had almost solidified how she had felt. Especially with their cousins Amari and Etktur bonding as mates as brother and sister when they had only been together for one hundred years.

"I'm so jealous." Rose found herself saying to the almost empty room when he left.

"Jealous of what my lady?" The little fragile vampire was still in the corner, waiting on the statue Rose had made of herself.

"Love, I suppose. Jealousy is such a boring thing to have anymore." Rose felt depressing but she smiled softly before pushing herself up. She hadn't realized how long it had been, thirty minutes between her brother leaving and her speaking those words. Then again, time moved very slowly to her kind in general and it didn't overly surprise her.

Rose moved out of the sun room, not bothering to put her top on. She did this quite often, not really with her brother around, but in the last year she had become more careless. Though she did often where enticing clothing around her brother, almost as if to lure him in. Her breasts were perky and ample, small pink nipples against her pale skin. Her breasts bounced slightly when walking with the sway of her hip, not overly large, but a good size at 36d. The little fragile vampire girl followed her around like a lost puppy, and Rose ignored her as she yawned.

"Where is Mikeal?" Rose had gone down the hall pulling one of the guards aside. Mikeal was one of the other vampires of the coven, a good guard that Rose had grown to enjoy his company over the last year. He wasn't anything special, he was nice and fairly decent looking but Rose had enjoyed his company as friends.

The guards had pointed her down to one of the smaller rooms, and Rose had silently and gracefully walked there. She knocked on the small door, and no sooner did she knock did it open.

"Hey." The man was fairly tall, and much taller then the small Rose who only stood at 5'0. She looked up at him, seeing him smile softly and she smiled back.
"My brother is back, but I'm terribly bored." Rose found herself saying and Mikeal nodded his head in response. Blond haired, golden eyed and pale skinned he was. "I know I shouldn't, but I want to go see the village and the people. Will you come with me? I want to pretend to be human for a night." As much was Rose's fascination with human life. She wondered if she had been born a human if life might have been differently, besides just her skin tanning.

"Your brother won't be pleased." Mikeal responded but Rose shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't too sure anymore. "I'll meet you down the hall in a minute, go get changed." Mikeal had known it was better than trying to talk Rose out of it, he had to obey and besides that, Rose was the type of girl that would do it even if no one would come. At least, this way she had protection from any kind of hunter that was there. What a lovely price a pure blood vampire would be to such a creature.

It only took Rose a few minutes, if not less to go to her room and pull on a dress. She didn't bother messing with her hair, or trying to put on makeup like a human would. Rose had tried it once when she was younger, her mother having gotten her the silly things to help her. Her mother had laughed but Rose had not found it funny that the makeup would not stay on her skin. What makeup had stayed on her skin had made her look weird, alien, and she had ended up removing it. Now she pulled on some heels, allowing the black dress to cling to her body as she sighed. Mikeal stood in the doorway, waiting for her as she tossed her hair over her shoulders. She rose a brow, before moving to him and pushing him to go with a smile.

"They have a carnival in town this month Mikeal. Hurry up, I want to see the rides." Rose pushed Mikeal harder and he nodded with a laugh.

"Right. Then right this way little Rose." It was much a comment a friend would make to a girl, not one he was suppose to obey and Rose smiled softly. She just wanted to feel alive, not mopping with her thoughts and her brothers return. So the two of them left, sneaking out of the back to go through the forest towards the village in the east.​

Raven stood with Alex on the balcony over looking the village as Alex held a glass of wine that he hadn't touched since he poured it. Sighing a bit they both spotted Rose and Mikeal heading down to the village. Rubbing his forehead a bit Raven chuckled.

"He's just doing as she asked." He said as he looked out onto the village and spotted the festival, most likely where she was dragging him to.

"I'm aware. So what has happened over the year?" Turning his head to Raven Alex was wondering if he knew what had made her change so much.

"You mean other than your absence? Your sister used to talk about mating you. According to the maids who would hear her. However when you left, that seemed to change."

Alex looked down onto the village as he finally took a sip of his wine. True, their blood line was one of the strongest in the area and keeping that blood line was a good idea, still. Shaking his head Alex leaned his elbows onto the railing as he felt the wind blow around his face and ease some of his frustrations. This drastic change of hers was just south of annoying and while he knew there weren't a lot of cases of Hunter's in the area, the festival was prime location for one and only having one guard would make a team of Hunter's have an easy time.

Setting his cup down Raven smiled as Alex excused himself and ported his body from the balcony to the middle of the festival. Turning his pale blue eyes to the right he spotted Rose and her guard looking over some things. Staying out of sight and scent he simply watched her. She'd always talked about how it must feel to be human. He had had something like that when he was her age but he also loved being a vampire. It allowed him to see much more and experience more. Leaning against a wall Alex just watched his sister.

As he watched her he spotted three Hunters off to the right. They weren't hunting at the moment but when they spotted Rose and her guard that changed. They spread out, making sure that one was visible as a decoy and the other two were moving through the crowd to surround them. Letting her fire loose in this crowd was stupid. The Guard wasn't a Pure Blood. He was a Noble but not a Pure Blood. He only had his skill with a blade to defend her. Alex simply stayed where he was to see how his sister would react when she put herself in such a stupid situation. How on earth did Raven tolerate this for a year?!

Rose enjoyed this, being away from the coven and being surrounded by humans. Even with Mikeal she felt at least normal, though she knew he was a noble. She had grown up admiring the humans, so free and flirty in their ways, their bodies and minds, but vampires were different. Rose enjoyed being a vampire but for the most part she wondered what it was like to be human.
"Are you having fun at least?" Mikeal spoke as she looked around, she knew he brought a blade with him, like always when she dragged him to these things. Rose looked up at him, she had been looking at some silly rubber ducks floating around in a pond. "You should have at least told your brother you were coming, we should have grabbed more guards." That much was true, about the guards but Rose smiled.

"That's not human like to bring a bunch of guards with them. Or perhaps in some standards it is." She knew famous people brought bodyguards around, but Rose knew better than to stand out at things like this.
"I'm only saying this is the prim time for hunters to be looking for us." Mikeal commented as he scouted away.

"Most hunters don't come to these events. Most vampires don't either." Rose sighed pulling away from the little game to go to the crowd. "Is it so wrong of me to want to pretend I'm not a pure blood for a moment?" She wasn't really looking, though it seemed Mikeal had shifted. He gripped Rose's shoulder and pointed in the distance to a man staring at them.

"He's been watching us since we got here Rose. He knows you are a pure blood." Mikeal spoke and Rose looked at the man then looked at Mikeal.

"It's only one of them, why should I care? I can just burn his hand off if he tried to touch me." Rose pursed her lips annoyed.

"You'll cause attention from all the humans around. What if there are more?" Mikeal seemed agitated, not enjoying spotting a human watching them.

"It's only one Mikeal. He won't bother trying to harm us when we out number him. " Rose flipped her hair moving away from Mikeal who cursed. He tailed after her, annoyed that she wasn't taking it seriously.

"If you get harmed, it'll be my head on a spike." Mikeal muttered.

"And if I go home right now, it'll still be your head on a spike." Rose's brows furrowed, she was getting quite angry. "I can handle myself with one hunter. He'll be too stupid to try to kill me in front of all these people. None of which know vampires even exist, so the act will look much like murder."

"Rose. I'm a warrior, I don't enjoy even one vampire looking at us, watching us. I can smell his intentions from here." Mikeal pushed his hands into his pockets, gripping his blade.

"Shut up Mikeal. I want you to shut up and let me pretend I'm someone else for right now. If he comes any closer we'll deal with it then. I'm two hundred years old, I deserve a break from a hunter on my back." Rose rolled her eyes, but her brows remained furrowed annoyed. She didn't enjoy being angry and when she normally did get really pissed she was out of control. There was no doubt she could burn everything here, and everyone here and that would only give the hunters more reason to come after and search for their coven. "I want to ride that." Rose pointed to a tea cup ride, where she knew they spun, but she enjoyed such a trivial thing. The carnival never came around to this village often, and Rose hadn't really seen one in the last twenty years as big as this.​

Alex watched the altercation with her guard and Rose. The guard was doing his job and trying to warn her but his sister was too wrapped up in her own wants...very human of her. Focusing on her own greed rather than the safety of her own. Sighing heavily he waited as she got on the ride while the guard was watching. Walking up behind the guard he placed his hand on the male's shoulder and he seemed to pale even more.

"Not now. There are three of them. One who was the decoy to draw your attention. One of them is a female and she's on the ride with Rose." He said as they looked to see a female who looked like she wasn't even on the ride as she was watching Rose spin around.

Alex simply stood still waiting for the ride to be over and as it did the female drew a gun and fired. Alex's eyes began to glow as the wind around Rose tightened and stopped the round from striking his sister's back. The crowd began to scramble as Alex stayed where he was and gripped his sister's arm, pulling her away.

"How very human of you to focus on your own wants and desires and ignore the safety of your own race. Very good Rose." He said with a hiss as he snapped his fingers and the Hunter who was coming up on her from the side was lifted into the air and flung over the running humans and into the wall he'd been leaning against.

"Get back to the Coven. Now. Or I swear on mom's grave I will carry you there myself." The look in his eyes was almost deadly as her guard was currently fighting one of the other Hunter's who'd come in close.
"You're risking his and your life just to feel human. If you want to feel human so bad...fight that female behind you. Don't use your element at all or your speed and see how long you last against her." He knew she wouldn't. That was an instant death trap. Hunter's were trained to be faster and stronger then most humans. They would demolish her if she tried to take one on as a human.

Lifting his hand he trapped the human Hunter in an air bubble and blasted her away from them then looked at Rose once more. "Take your guard and go."
With that he tossed the Hunter off of her guard and instructed him to take her home immediately, leaving Alex to deal with the two Hunter's left.

Rose had been careless, as much was usually true of her. She was annoyed, more ways than one and this should have been a good time to sit here and relax and enjoy the ride. So she had spun on the tea cup with her eyes closed feeling the wind in her hair, only to have her eyes open as the wind tightened around her. Her eyes looked around, seeing Mikeal with Alex nearby and she sighed knowing fully well the fun was over.

Rose watched the ride stop, watched the humans scramble as Alex pulled her off the ride like a toddler venturing too far from the family. Her brows furrowed, agitated, angry, and her hands started to spark with flames as she balled them into fists.

"I can do whatever I want! You know that as well as me! Who cares if two of us die, I'll be careless if I want!" Rose was acting childish, she knew, but she had wanted nothing more than to relax. Though she noted her brother taking care of the female hunter, and the hunter that snuck up on Mikeal as well that was being taken care of.

"This isn't the first time I've gone to a carnival with hunters, and it won't be my last. Let them try what they will, it's not like they can kill me with a bullet." That too was true, since vampires could only be decapitated to be killed. "So generous of you to come babysit me big brother, so generous of you to tell me to fight them like a human. If you don't mind I'd prefer to not go home and be alone for a while." Rose was ticked, to the point she didn't bother looking at the flames rolling up her arms, or the scorch marks she was leaving in the ground. She balled her hands, pushing past them as she fumed and walked away.

Watching the humans turn and run from the sight of her was more irritating then her brother stepping in to spoil her fun. "Stupid humans. So frightened of something not hurting you. I should show you something really scary." Rose was annoyed, to the point she didn't mind raising up her hand to scorch a few of the humans to death. She didn't care, and despite Mikeal chasing after her after Alex was taking care of the other two hunters didn't phase her.
"Rose! Don't!" Mikeal shouted, but Rose only smiled as she watched the flames leap from her hands catching a man and woman and consuming them in her fire. She watched them scream, twist, their skin melt to bone as they fell to the ground dead.

"Why not Mikeal? They could be hunters too! Might as well burn them all!" Rose was shouting, annoyed, to the point she couldn't care anymore as the flames licked her body. She could feel the flames under her feet darting this way and that on the ground, catching the little stands with their hunger and eating them up. It was only seconds, but the carnival was burning, fastly.

"Let's go back to the Coven like your brother said..please." Rose looked at him, pissed off, before she turned on her heels and shoved her foot into the ground. She watched the flames pick up, blazing the entire place, the people screaming as the fire hit them.

"No. I'd rather watch them all burn."​

Alex looked back as his sister was burning the place to the ground. Growling he lifted his hands and slammed them into the ground sending a wave of air in all directions. Not only did it flat back his sister and the hunters, but it blew out the flames. Several Shade members came down, a few Spirit users were healing the burnt humans as Alex's eyes were now glowing as he walked over to his sister and lifted her right off of the ground. His hand came out so fast as it connected with her cheek and he slapped her hard.

"Enough! We kill Hunter's because they are trying to kill us. We do not kill innocent humans trying to run. You're currently being a Monster and I will not have it. Raven. Take her to the holding tank and keep her under guard. She needs some time to cool off. Put a Spirit user with her." Putting a Spirit user with her would assure that if she tried to use her element, it wouldn't go anywhere as the Spirit user would simply drain the life from her fire and douse it.

Raven bowed as he gripped Rose's wrist in an iron hold. Alex and a few other Shade were helping the humans who had been caught in Rose's flames while other Shade were taking care of the Hunters.

Once back at the Coven, Rose was put in a large steel room with no windows and no bed. A Spirit elemental was standing guard at the door and at any hint of her using her fire, she'd remove the ability by draining the life energy from the flames themselves. It was solitary confinement.

It wasn't till mid day the next day that Alex came down and opened the door looking at his sister. He was still pissed as he stepped into the room and had the Shade shut the door.

"Normally, a vampire in your position would be whipped. So what do you think I should do to you?" He asked as he looked at her and glared.

Alex had a good two hundred years on her. He could beat her ass all up and down the room they were in but he was really wanting to know why the hell she flew off of the deep end like she did. Several Shade and even the Queen were thinking about just banishing her as she'd drawn a lot of attention to the Coven. Negative attention.

Rose always seemed to be setting herself backwards. She had been doing so good the past one hundred years, not harming any humans so to speak. She still did remember the day she had scorched a fellow coven member, and the punishment had not been as terrible as someone else might get in her position still this was bad. She knew the moment her back hit the ground, as angered as she was, that it was bad. Then Alex came, Raven came taking her away on Alex's orders and she knew exactly where it.

It didn't help that her brother left her in there for a whole day, until halfway the next day. The spirit user outside draining her of any power and causing her to bang her head against the wall screaming like a mad animal before she finally sat down with her arms crossed over her chest. She thought, finally she might calm down, but Rose was still pissed when the door unlocked and Alex stepped inside.

"So whip me. It's not like I haven't been whipped before." Rose's brows were still furrowed, agitated. "You act like I can't take care of myself brother, yet I've been alone this year and I've been fine!" Rose knew no matter how annoyed she got she couldn't use her power, which was more irritating than the conversation she was having. "Glare at me all you want brother. I killed people, maybe they are innocent and maybe they aren't. I'm not ashamed." Rose huffed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. She had only wanted to relax, but her brother had pissed her off with stepping trying to save her. Rose was more careless then her brother, but at least she knew she would have survived the bullet wound and could have gotten away easily.

"Do what you want. A punishment is a punishment and in time my wounds will heal." Rose stated.​

Alex sighed a bit as he rubbed his forehead.

"Unless that punishment is banishment." He said as he looked at her. "The Queen is talking it over with the Council now. They're debating on banishing you for how you torched innocent humans while they fled. You were reckless and uncaring of your Coven or the humans around you. Even Hunter's avoid killing humans unnecessarily. You had zero regard for anyone or anything and the Queen is not happy. You can heal from a whipping, however...banishment means that no Coven will take you and should you get too close to one, you will be killed."

Alex just looked tired now.

"A year. That's all I was gone for and you took a nose dive into the state you're in now. You know better than to do this. Yet you're so focused on yourself that you've just forgotten all of the rules. You obviously don't care about anyone here...so if that's the case Rose. No one will care about you."

As he said this he let her out and just walked away from her. He was done playing her little game. He wouldn't punish her simply because the punishment that was being debated was way worse than anything he could come up with. Mikeal had been relieved as her guard and no one wanted to be her guard so Alex made sure she was had none. After her little stunt in the festival, every Shade in the Coven was very weary of her as were the Coven members. Alex had gone into his office and simply sat by the phone waiting for the Queen's decision.

Alex loved his sister with all of his heart but if the Queen decided to banish her, by law he was required to kick her out of the Coven with nothing but the clothes on her back and she was to be exiled from his territory. Rubbing the bridge of his nose he prayed that wouldn't happen.

"Banishment?" That was a new form of punishment. Rose frowned, she knew she had gotten out of control, hell a lot of pure bloods with the fire attribute got out of control, but banishment was such an extreme act. It wasn't like Rose had killed innocents before, this was her first time. Though she wasn't remorseful at all. She smiled, laughing, as if in disbelief. She could remember her mother talking to her about it, fire had run in their family for a long time and she had known full well what Rose could do at a young age when pissed off.

"Then let her. I'm not terrible like some of the people she's banished. It's my first true offense. The only other time was when I was small and mother tried to calm me." Rose still remembered that, she remembered the way her mother would pull her aside and place her in a spare bedroom to wreck havoc on the place. Rose felt so dull about the whole thing, but she was silent otherwise looking at the cracks in the floor.

"I only took a nose dive when you came back." Rose admitted annoyed. Rose smiled softly at his words. "Well if that's the case, I better start walking."Rose stood up, brushing her dress off and straightening it as she sighed. She watched the door open, her brother leave without looking back and she rolled her eyes.

Rose didn't seem to waste any time. She knew her brother was probably waiting by the phone annoyed, but Rose didn't really care. He seemed to be so obsessed with treating her like a child and keeping her within boundaries that Rose couldn't take it. "What happened to us?" Rose pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. Perhaps she was being overly selfish, perhaps too much. She had only wanted to have fun and relax and her brother showing up had agitated her further. Rose had brought Mikeal for protection but it didn't seem enough. Rose sighed, she could have packed a bag but she didn't bother. No one was watching her or paying attention and she was too annoyed to care. She loved Alex, more then she thought, but she was tired of waiting on him, and even more tired of being told what to do. So he had two hundred years on her, he thought he knew everything but..Perhaps that's why it agitated her so much, loving someone so much and always wanting their approval.

Rose found herself in the garden, she sat in front of a particular patch of roses and picked the grass as she counted the lines in it. The roses were white, abnormal in comparison to all the black everyone wore, but Rose looked at them. She could still remember her father planting them for their mother, she remembered watching them grown, to this, and for years after someone else took care of them. "They'd be turning in their graves if they knew I brought my promise." Rose pursed her lips shaking her head. "Oh well I guess. Let's see what happens."​

A few hours after Alex's chat with Rose, the Queen called for Rose to go to Alex's office. Once inside, the Queen herself was there. She was wearing a white sun dress and some white sneakers, not very Queen like but the female was over seven hundred years of age and a Master Spirit elemental. No one questioned her. Alex stood in front of her to her right while Rose was to the left.

Tara, the Queen, looked at Rose and sighed.

"The reason we are considering banishing you isn't because you burned a few humans. Loosing your temper as a Fire elemental is normal. What bothers me is that you held no remorse for putting yourself, or your guards life in danger. Even when your guard was insisting you leave, you stayed. He begged you to stop burning people and you refused to listen. That. Is why I highly considered banishing you. You are a threat to not only humans, but your own race as well."

Tara looked at Alex and rubbed her forehead in annoyance.

"Alex, I'm placing her in your care. You will re-teach her what it means to be a Pure Blood and how to care about her own race. However...Rose." As she said this her eyes began to glow white and Rose would feel an almost tearing pain in her chest as a red glowing orb came out of her and floated above Tara's hand.

"I've removed your ability to wield fire. You're still a Pure Blood but you do not deserve an element that you seem to only enjoy killing with. When Alex informs me that you've learned how to be a leader and how to control that rage of yours...then I will consider returning your element."

Alex winced a bit. He'd had his element removed by the Queen when he was about a century old. It had been the worst pain he'd ever felt. It was quick and the pain didn't last long but he'd seen stars with how much it hurt. He felt empty afterwards.

"Alex. Until you feel she is ready, she is under your care. Rose. This is your only chance. Should you continue on this childish rampage of yours. I will banish you, and your element will stay with me."

With that said the Queen ported back to her own Coven and Alex sighed as he leaned against the desk and looked at his sister.
"Are you alright?"

He was showing genuine worry since he knew that having her element removed hurt like a son of a bitch.

Rose had thought about leaving before her sentence was weighed in. She couldn't imagine the queen going easy on her at all, but she found herself a few hours later in her brother's office, the queen there. Rose was silent the entire time, listening to the reasoning of the queen. She could have argued with her, that Mikeal could have left her there alone, but then the queen will still retort she held no remorse for her own life. She wondered how the queen never got bored of this type of thing.

Rose was a bit surprised when the queen mentioned putting her under Alex's care, there was no doubt her brother was probably not pleased with the idea. It was better than Rose getting banished though she didn't know if it would be as bad as she thought. It was only when rose felt that stinging sharp pain pull from her that Rose crumbled to the ground gasping and clenching her chest. She glared at the ground , angry, but couldn't feel any essence of her power anymore. It felt empty. More empty then when their parents had died.

Rose looked up at her brother, silently as the queen left when he asked if she was alright. She looked away unsure of really how to answer. "I'm going to my room." Rose commented. Rose scrambled to her feet, but it felt weird standing up. She felt lighter than she normally did, and it felt wrong. Rose ran her long fingernails through her hair before sighing and turning her back to her brother. "If there is nothing else I'm going to lay down."​

Alex looked at her for a long moment and reached out pulling her into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her and held her for a moment.

"I had my element ripped out of me about a century before you were born by the Queen. I know how that feels...just take it easy alright."

There was real concern in his tone as he showed a sort of affection for her that he hadn't shown her in a long time. Stroking her back for a moment he pulled back and nodded.

"Go on. Go lie down."

He wasn't going to push her today. It would take some time before she'd get used to the lighter feeling. Elemental's carried the weight of their elements, without it, she'd feel like someone had just removed a good third of her weight. Watching her leave Alex looked at his hand as his wind spiraled in his hand. It had taken him twenty years to get his element back because he was arrogant and a slow learner at the time. Wind was a free flowing spirit. It was also one of the most deadly elements, an invisible killer. He'd discovered that at a young age and had exploited it. It wasn't till he learned the more peaceful side of wind that he was able to get his element back.

Rose knew the violent side of her element, not the life giving side. Without fire, nothing could regrow. She needed to learn that fire elementals were very important and that their element wasn't just about death and anger.

Rose was surprised when her brother
pulled her into an embrace, held her there. For a while she wanted to cry, but she was just silent, surprised he had shown her affection. They had been so flirty together for so long but neither of them had shown a whole lot of affection towards one another. So Rose clung to his back for a moment before letting go when he did.

"Okay." Was all Rose said, as she held her left arm with her right hand. She turned her back to him and sighing as she left his office.

It took rose only a few minutes to find her room, to open it with it's black drapes pulled to block out the sunlight. Black candles lined her room that hadn't been lit, and Rose didn't feel like lighting them today. She saw her bed in the center, but a coffin bed was off to the side. Rose groaned closing her bedroom door and locking it behind her before removing all her clothing. She stripped down to her birthday suit and climbed into her coffin, shutting the door and locking it from the inside. Rose curled up against the pillow, pulling the blanket that was in there up around herself as she fell asleep.​

Alex gave Rose most of the day to rest before he headed to her room later that night and stood in front of her door for a long while. He knew that her door was locked and while he could just port on in he had a feeling that would only annoy her so he lifted his hand to knock but stood there for a moment. Feeling her hug him back in the office had been bittersweet. It was a nice feeling, but it sucked that it took her having her element stripped from her to get that out of her.

Knocking on the door he waited for a while and when he didn't hear anything he sighed a bit and moved off to head to his room. Removing his tie he opened his shirt and removed it then stripped his pants and boots so that he was standing nude in his bedroom for a moment. Shaking his head he walked to the Master Bathroom, every room had one, and took a long hot shower, standing under the hot spray for as long as he could take it before walking out and wrapping a towel around his waist.

She'd need to feed soon and while he was usually the one who fed her before he left, he was wondering who she'd go to now?

Rose was fast asleep, she didn't feel herself anymore. It had felt weird, the moment the Queen had taken her powers, and after that hugging her brother. She wasn't sure how to take his hug anymore, more like a friendly worried hug. Still Rose slept at that thought, though she think she could sleep peacefully.
For the past year her brother had been gone, Rose had been getting her blood from Mikeal. Though she doubted now Mikeal would go anywhere near her, and Rose didn't want to admit to her brother she had been drinking someone else's blood. She wasn't even sure she could ask him for his blood right now, a bit of depression at herself.

Still she felt her brother's presence at her door, and her eyes had opened. Rose just stayed in her coffin, expecting him to barge in there like he normally would, but instead he knocked. The act was peculiar and Rose didn't move to let him in. In a way she should have, but she didn't want to endure more scolding.

Rose slept for another day, not bothering to leave her room when she woke up. She didn't bother pulling her blinds open either, instead she stayed inside her room working on a puzzle. As if the puzzle might help ease her state. She rearranged her candles in her room to all in a line on top of her desk and Rose thrummed her fingers against it as she looked at the puzzle. "How do humans endure this type of boring?" Rose sighed, shrugging and still naked as she sat on her chair looking at the chipped wooden puzzle pieces, a puzzle her mother had enjoyed doing so much it was worn down over the years.​

Alex ended up going to sleep that night after he changed into his pajama pants. Waking up the next morning he fed from one of the Shade females, then headed to his office to work on a plan. He'd need a set of guidelines to follow in training Rose. Much like his mother and father had done for him all those years ago. Teaching her the importance of her element as well as the importance of her position as a Pure Blood and the affect it has on others around her.

While he did this, he thought back to when they were younger and how they were. They both loved one another, they'd often times get into trouble because of how much time they spent with one another when they were supposed to be studying or training. Alex was always very protective of her and when he'd left for that year, he'd told her that he was leaving her in charge because he felt she was ready. She'd been happy back then. Raven was there as her adviser, mainly to keep her cool when her temper got the better of her. What caused her to get so distant from him? He'd made sure to call every week to check on her and keep in touch.

Rubbing his forehead Alex sighed heavily as he sat back in his chair and laced his fingers together deep in thought.

Rose had stayed almost the whole day in her room moping around with old things. However she was getting more agitated at the feeling of the emptiness she held inside her now, on top of that, Rose was getting increasingly hungry. She thought she could withstand her hunger, but the idea of no one willing to feed her left her feeling more hungry then it should have.

Rose pulled on a loose fitting black dress that was almost completely see through, well see through enough her breasts were showing, but she had at least slide on some black underwear. A g-string to be exact, with a little chain that held attached to the bow in the back that wagged around like some medieval kind of tail. Rose found herself at her brother's door, wondering if she should knock or not. She ran her fingers through her hair, so agitated at the idea she had no power anymore.

"Alex?" She had knocked on the door finding no response, before she moved down the hallway to his office and knocked on that door. It felt odd knocking to her, but she didn't feel like busting open the door and making a scene. Rose was quite silent for a while as she knocked this time. "Alex..I need to feed." Rose shifted uncomfortably, she hadn't feed on her brother in the past year and even knowing he had called every week to check up on her..it felt awkward. They were close, and Roe had seemingly drifted apart from him over the year, her thoughts stirring with questions it had been stooping in for the last one hundred years. "Can I come in?"​

Alex had come out of the deep thoughts he was in and looked up at the door. Walking over to the door he opened it and looked at her as she was standing in a dress that made his throat tense as he was suddenly dry in the mouth. Damn it, even after her being so distant with him, he was still attracted to her. Motioning for her to come in, he shut the door behind her and looked at her as he opened his tie and unbuttoned the top two buttons. Opening his collar he sat down on the couch and pat the side.

"Come on Rose. If you need to feed, I'll let you feed. You shouldn't push yourself so hard next time."
He said as he stroked her hand and turned his head so that she could have an easy access to his neck with her fangs. Her venom wouldn't be as strong as his, which was why he'd never fed from her. He didn't want to put her in that situation. Glancing back at her he smiled.
"Come on Rose, stalling isn't going to help you."

Rose was a bit surprised and ashamed her brother was so eager to let her feed. She could have asked him sooner but instead she had decided to punish herself. Though Rose knew all too well why he brother chose to feed from others, she still felt slightly jealous at the idea and never understood it, but that had been the cause of many reasons why she questioned how her brother really felt.

"Okay.." There was something alluring about watching him loosen his tie and unbutton his shirt, even as little as he was exposing it made her tingle. Rose blinked a few times watching him sit down and pat the area next to him like he was motioning a child. So formal, as he always was when she needed to feed.

Rose hesitated climbing onto the couch, but she did and she listened to his words silently. She drew her mouth back, her fangs extending, though they were always shorter than his, as she bite into his neck. Rose almost felt bad for the act, ashamed somehow of it as she pressed against him slightly to get in a better position. She closed her eyes, sighing as she drank his blood in content.​

Alex smiled as he felt her fangs pierce his skin and sighed a bit as he reached out and pulled her into his lap.
"Can't feed very well from over there Rose."
He said as he made an excuse for wanting her in his lap as his hands slid along her hips and held her chest to his as he felt a small amount of her venom touching his system. Just enough that his skin tingled and he could sense her fulfillment as she fed. Raking his nails down her back as he felt her breasts against his chest.

This dress of hers was really revealing in terms of what he could see of her breasts. Running his hand along the back of her head he gripped her hair tightly and bit back a groan as her feeding was starting to feel way too good. Not from her venom, but from her sitting on his lap and being so close to him. Normal feeding took less than a minute simply because most didn't need much, but she hadn't fed in a while so this one would be a little longer and he had no issues with that.

Rose was content in the weird position she had picked for herself. Her eyes closed as she fed on him without really thinking. Her eyes only fluttered slightly open when he pulled her onto his lap. Rose felt awkward, and grunted at the motion of him moving her. She liked it though, being on his lap so intimately made her blush and bite down a little harder then usual. She found herself wrapping her arms around him, embracing him in a way she normally wouldn't.

Rose almost purred when he slide his hands over her body, touching and gripping her hair. It brought her some excitement, though she tried her best to surprise the urge since she was certain it could have been an effect from some of her venom..though Rose wasn't as potent as a male. Rose moved her legs, awkwardly straddling him as her lips pressed against his skin. His blood, she had eaten form Mikeal plenty of times over the year her brother was gone, but her brother's blood always tasted so much better.​

Back
Top Bottom