Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Dead Snow

Although humorous in some parts, it's not the funny B horror movie it appeared to be from the trailers. Definitely an odd idea though, Nazi zombies that come back to life to kill some college kids in a cabin in the mountains of Norway. Almost all of the characters are likable and when things start getting rough, they whip off the gloves and pull out all the weaponry to get fucking badass on these undead bastards; and you find yourself rooting for them all the way. Not to say it's unrealistic or overly done, but in a way...yeah. Kinda gorey to an almost catroonish degree but not in any way unrealistic--just lots of it, and I didn't realize the human body was so...vulnerable. Thumbs up. ^^

Also, ETA: this film is foreign with subtitles.

I went to the movies today to watch Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

And I just finished watching Interview with the Vampire.

Wonderfully dark movies... Love them both.

Saw Alice in Wonderland in IMax 3D. Was nothing spectacular. I loved the bandersnatch...everything else was so so.

Finally got around to seeing 2012. I had to miss the premier for it since I was busy, which was really sad since I did a lot with promoting them and the lottery. I never got around to seeing it in theaters, and now I'm a little sad for it. It's ridiculous, but enjoyable.

Saw Alice in Wonderland.

I liked it quite a bit. I am normally iffy on Tim Burton's remakes since Sleepy Hallow and that abortion of a Batman movie he directed, so I went in with a skepticism. I thought the characters were well casted except for Alice. I was expecting a feisty, intelligent young woman who went against the grain of the Victorian Era. She turned out to be a little like a limp fish at the beginning and, even at the end of her adventure, could not manage to tell her sister the truth about what she saw in the garden. Which annoys me.

Just watched Moon starring Sam Rockwell. Bizzare movie, but excellent if you're into watching characters go what the fuck when you've already put 2 and 2 together.

Legion

- I will never EVER watch this movie again it was so horrible. It made NO Sense during the last half of the movie. WTF. :/

Daybreakers

- Movie was AWESOME I looooved the twist ;3

Slashers by Fangoria Productions.

You ever see "The Running Man"? Well, same principle, lower budget. Six people try to last for two hours against three "Slashers", or trained killers who all have different personas.

Cheesy effects and corny dialogue, but it's a horror b movie so what's the harm?

Just saw "Where the Wild Things Are", definitely know why a lot of people were disappointed now. It's depressing, long and really a huge killjoy.

Look we're going to all play a game. Yay were having fun....oh shit I said the "F" word...DEPRESSION TIME!

Way to kill my childhood! Want to turn Dr. Seuss emo too now?

Transamerica, which is about a man-to-woman finding him-to-her self and connecting with the son she never knew she fathered. It's sad, funny, and generally very good. I'm given to understand that the DVD cover has a foil hologram or something flashy; that doesn't make sense, as this isn't that kind of movie. Maybe the marketing people wanted to sell it to the Wong Foo crowd, but Noxeema Jackson would be the first to tell them you're talking about completely different animals, there.

Back
Top Bottom