Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Captain Yellowbeard!

"The pirate Yellowbeard captured many other galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips, he was caught and imprisoned... for tax evasion."

Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)

It was decent as far as zombie movies go. I much prefer slouching dead though. Running is not as scary in my opinion. Has an epic zombie kill in it, too.

Myra Midnight said:
Captain Yellowbeard!

"The pirate Yellowbeard captured many other galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips, he was caught and imprisoned... for tax evasion."
"I'm gonna make you eat your own buttocks!"

Not as funny as mainline Python, but Graham Chapman was suitably unhinged in that one.

Hausu! (House).

Japanese movies are just plain weird sometimes D:
She got eaten by a piano: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBatYO_9Yg0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBatYO_9Yg0</a><!-- m -->

District 13 Ultimatum (with english subs, as it was french voicing) Its a strange mix between parkour, and stunts, and lots of fighting. Plus lots of tattooed people and guns.

<3 the original French version of District 13. It's such a ridiculous action movie! With hardly any plot, and yet so awesome! xD

Last night I watched Caramel, a Lebanese bittersweet comedy about the lives of five women. It made me both laugh and cry, and few films manage to make me do both.

I loved the bit where Leito walks in the police station, asks to get a room.

Police Head: What is it?
Leito: It is a room please.
Police Head: Are you teasing? This is not a hotel.
Leito: Outside says 'hotel of the police.'
Police Head: Get out before you bother me. Go! Go! Get Lost!
Leito: Listen you better lock me up, because i am a criminal. If i'm outside i can do lots of bad stuff.
Police Head: Have you committed any crime before?
Leito: No.
Police Head: Return to us, when you have committed a crime and I'll give you a good cell. Okay.
Leito: Okay. *Headbutts the guy, breaking the police head's nose.*

missedstations said:
<3 the original French version of District 13. It's such a ridiculous action movie! With hardly any plot, and yet so awesome! xD

Last night I watched Caramel, a Lebanese bittersweet comedy about the lives of five women. It made me both laugh and cry, and few films manage to make me do both.

Secretary

Which was suggested to me by PandanFain. It was quite good.

Just watched the prequel to District 13 Ultimatum; District B-13. My god the story was as bad as the sequel, but still retained the kickass parkour and fighting. I watched the dubbed american version of it, geez it was horrible.

sharkfish1e said:
Just watched the prequel to District 13 Ultimatum; District B-13. My good the story was as bad as the sequel, but still retained the kickass parkour and fighting. I watched the dubbed american version of it, geez it was horrible.

You do realize the term "prequel" refers to a movie that was shot after the first, but set before the events of the first? It's a combination of the word "sequel" with the prefix "pre" to denote exactly that relationship. You don't say "Oh, The Transporter was the prequel to Transporter 2", because it's not. Transporter came first, so it's "the first movie" or "the original."

District B-13 was shot in 2004. District 13: Ultimatum was shot in 2009, and is set three years after the events in the first movie. That means Ultimatum is pretty clearly the sequel, and B-13 is the original

[/pedantic]

(Sorry, but I'm very strongly a film guy, and misused simple terminology irks me)

EDIT: I would recommend "precursor" or "previous film" instead of "prequel." The "pre" part is correct, it's the "-quel" part that makes it wrong, wrong, wrong.

Blood Rayne was fun. Awful, but fun. That's the Uwe Boll masterpiece with drunken Michael Madsen and immobile master vampire Ben Kingsley, yes?

Uwe Boll is getting less fun as time goes on. He's improved so much, he's merely bad, and that's more boring than anything else. Back in House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark, he'd throw out script pages just because he didn't like them, not shoot those scenes at all. And who cares what it did to the plot. You don't get that anymore, and that's kind of a pity.

EDIT: As for myself, last night I pulled Shaun of the Dead off my shelf for old times' sake. Still hilarious.

Yup i do realise and understand the term prequel and sequel thanks.

In the same sense, District B-13 is the prequel to District 13: Ultimatum, right. "District B-13 was shot in 2004. District 13: Ultimatum was shot in 2009, and is set three years after the events in the first movie. That means Ultimatum is pretty clearly the sequel, and B-13 is the original"

Mr Master said:
sharkfish1e said:
Just watched the prequel to District 13 Ultimatum; District B-13. My good the story was as bad as the sequel, but still retained the kickass parkour and fighting. I watched the dubbed american version of it, geez it was horrible.

You do realize the term "prequel" refers to a movie that was shot after the first, but set before the events of the first? It's a combination of the word "sequel" with the prefix "pre" to denote exactly that relationship. You don't say "Oh, The Transporter was the prequel to Transporter 2", because it's not. Transporter came first, so it's "the first movie" or "the original."

District B-13 was shot in 2004. District 13: Ultimatum was shot in 2009, and is set three years after the events in the first movie. That means Ultimatum is pretty clearly the sequel, and B-13 is the original

[/pedantic]

(Sorry, but I'm very strongly a film guy, and misused simple terminology irks me)

EDIT: I would recommend "precursor" or "previous film" instead of "prequel." The "pre" part is correct, it's the "-quel" part that makes it wrong, wrong, wrong.

sharkfish1e said:
Yup i do realise and understand the term prequel and sequel thanks.

In the same sense, District B-13 is the prequel to District 13: Ultimatum, right.

Look, you seem like a perfectly nice person, and I realize this is my own personal hang-up, proper language use and all that on a subject I feel deeply about, so I have no intent for you to take this all personal and the like, but...

You do realize you're literally contradicting yourself, here, right?

Well okay, if you say so.

Seen the film Bounty Hunter yet?

Look, you seem like a perfectly nice person, and I realize this is my own personal hang-up, proper language use and all that on a subject I feel deeply about, so I have no intent for you to take this all personal and the like, but...

You do realize you're literally contradicting yourself, here, right?

Nor do i have anything against her, but check out this trailer.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czXE0aALfek[/youtube]

Mr Master said:
sharkfish1e said:
Seen the film Bounty Hunter yet?
Sadly, I don't have the spare cash or time to see hardly any first-run films. I like Butler and I don't have anything against Aniston (I was never on her bandwagon, but I also never backlashed against her, either), so I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I don't have the opportunity.

Maybe on Netflix, or cable...

Back
Top Bottom