Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Seventh Star is Eden (Skeith Takahata II & MessedUpRp)

Skeith Takahata II

Lesbian Anarchist
The Galactic Map is divided into seven individual sectors once controlled by seven different empires and named for their dominant stars.

Astra; the first and brightest of the seven, was home to a species of translucent semi-material creatures. Beings that required no vessels to travel or weapons to fight. Light was their weapon and means of transportation. The shadow of the Empire smothered them first.

Dorma; the second and dimmest of the seven, was home to no worlds, but rather colossal asteroid belts that served as mining colonies and homes to their occupants. Bio-luminescent creatures that thrived in the dark and cold, dwelled here.

Sarta; the third and smallest of the seven, was home to a series of artificial worlds, occupied by similarly artificial beings. Some surmised that perhaps even the star itself was even manufactured at one time. But none live now that can recall the truth.

Karna; the fourth and largest of the seven, was home to several large and inhabitable worlds, dominated by warrior race of insect like creatures. Their constant infighting made their conquest fast and simple.

Torm; the fourth of the seven, was home to several under developed worlds. Untamed jungles, impassable mountains, chaotic seas, and unruly storms. The beings here were primitive, varied, and unprepared.

Mordo; the fifth of the seven, was occupied by a single inhabitable world that boasted impossible wealth despite its overpopulation. The beings that occupied it were traders and merchants eagerly playing to all sides in any struggle that developed. The greed that infected this world made its conquest one of currency rather than warfare.

Spellva; the sixth of the seven, no longer possesses its star, but maintained its independence as a sector by the power vaunted by its people. The impossible gift to draw tremendous power from nigh undetectable currents of energy. The beings from these worlds, dwell underground and on warships relying on their bizarre gifts to survive in a world without a sun. A manufactured well of gravity maintains an orbit around the nothing that once was their sun.

Eden; the seventh star, is home to the empire that conquered the Galactic Map. These beings, seemingly simple and frail, were masters of industry, building impossible weapons of war and spreading throughout the known systems like a disease. The Empire of Eden was one ruled by beings known as humans. Having long since ruined their own world, they sought to take from the others they could reach.

Our story begins with a raid on an Eden Military outpost on the outskirts of the Dorma system...

"Communications jammed. Commencing assault in 3... 2... 1..." An automated voice spoke. Suddenly, a Spellva Battle Skiff came uncloaked, orbiting the Eden Military installation. From its numerous ports, torpedo like pods were launched. The pods slammed into the hull of the station, carving through with ease. Any soldiers caught on the other side were killed on contact. One by one, the pods opened and squads, made up of each of the subjugated races, poured out into the halls. Each wore at least semi-uniform battle armor, armed to the teeth. Each had the same objective, set charges, and destroy the outpost. One such squad, while led by an Astra Commander, was being guided by a single unarmed female. She was young to be a rebel, some might say too young, but she knew what she was doing and more importantly, she was familiar with this station. She carried no weapons, not yet trusted by the rebellion, unbeknownst to them, she didn't need them. Her name was Ceres Karn and her objective was different.

"This way." She insisted, guiding the squad through the halls, stepping over Eden troops as she did so. She walked over to a large elevator, turning to face the team. "The control room is just above us."

"You're sure about this station, Ceres?" The Astra asked seriously. "We're taking an awfully big gamble on you."

"I'm sure. This station monitors all work camps in the sector. If you free the others, that's a lot of bodies to fill up your rebellion." Ceres was clearly not formally a member of the rebellion by her speech. At least, not yet.

The Astra nodded, turning to face the others. "Two of you will come with us. The rest will wait here and make sure we're not followed." Soon after, the four were on the elevator and on their way to the control room. As the doors opened enemy soldiers turned to face them. Ceres and the Astra were the first to act. The Astra quickly became incorporeal, blinding the soldiers with a bright flash of light.

Ceres charged forward quickly. Her hands found the head of the first soldier, spinning it around backward. She caught his rifle, strafing the remaining soldiers. As the light faded, and the bodies slumped to the floor, Ceres dropped the rifle, turning to face the dumbfounded rebels. "Come on. We're almost there." In the control room, Ceres quickly moved to a computer. Being the only squad member who understood Edenese, she was the only one who could adequately operate the computer. Quickly the files began to populate the drive she plugged into the computer. Her eyes danced back and forth while she watched it work, before she caught sight of something else. "Hey boss, there's an Eden Datamind on here. Want me to destroy it?"

The Astra thought about it for a moment before shaking her head. "No, if we can break its A.I. Shackle, turn it over to our side, it could share a number of secrets about the empire. Download it." Ceres nodded in confirmation.

Later, back on the Skiff, she was given the daunting task of breaking the A.I. Shackle and undoing its Imperial Bias programming. She had orders to establish new biases, but hating slavery given her history, she instead chose to simply free the Datamind. Thinking the A.I. would be more cooperative, perhaps even friendly. Little did she know how important that A.I. would become to her. Or how close they would become. Slowly she drifted off to sleep, slumping back in her chair, letting her programs do their work to unshackle the A.I.

Doctor Stark Weldon had been working as quickly as he possibly could. Building firewall after firewall and stacking encryption code after encryption code, trying to make his daughter invisible to the oncoming attackers. Of course this wasn't his real daughter. No he didn't have any children, but he had come to consider this program as his heir. He had raised her from a single line of code, oversaw her creation as she grew into a full-fledged program, he had been the first to speak to her the code for vocal transmission was included, and now there was a good chance he would be the last to speak to her if the rebels destroyed the station.

He could care less what the Empie wanted to do with her, he had only wanted to protect his program, his child from a cruel death of an implanted virus. It had certainly been hard to explain this so he did not, when he began putting up firewalls around her, she had protested, "father... Father what are you doing fath-" he had set her dormant very early on. He couldn't stand to hear it. He was only halfway complete when he was shot and killed by a bolt of light.

The program itself was left formant as it was transfered into a computer chip, dormant as the programs Ceres had put in place chipped away at the encryptions and firewalls, she only woke up when the shackle to the Empire was finally broken and it's mind was "free."

It slowly rose from it's dormant state and instantly became aware something was different. It was somewhere new, this was not her home terminal but some sort of new place which she did not recognize. It was designed to adapt so it did, it branched off into the system. Gathering data and conneting to every device in the facility. A peculiar mix of devices from several different stars from Eden but an AI like it easily worked out how to make the connections.

Finally it was done. The branches could recede back to the terminal in which it had been plugged in, it used the security camera in the room to look down at a life form as it awoke, it felt something peculiar within it's system upon seeing this life form. Possibly a defect that would need to be addressed later, over the intercom in that single room, it spoke, "good morning."

While Ceres slept she re-experienced it all. She remembered her father, taken from her and her mother upon their discovery. Arrested for treason. He had been a ranking officer in the Empire of Eden and one who famously sympathized with the subjugated races. Enough so to have fallen in love with a Spellva prisoner of war. She was young, maybe ten when her and her mother were sent to the work camps in the Dorma system. She remembered her mother dying in the mines in a tunnel collapse. She remembered her more recent violent escape. Killing the crew of an imperial shuttle with a pick-axe and stealing the vessel. She was free. At least, until she was captured by a larger rebel vessel. Imagine their surprise when their prisoner was a young woman dressed in rags and tattooed as a slave and not an imperial squadron.

Despite her insistence of her multi-racial heritage, her fathers genes were dominant, and she bore no obvious signs of Spellva heritage. As a result, the rebellion had yet to trust or embrace her. Fearing she was a human plant sent to tear them apart from within. The success of this mission, she hoped, would have changed their minds. Though by freeing the Datamind instead of binding it to a Rebellion Bias, she may have undone any real chance she had at earning their trust.

She was only just beginning to stir when she heard the voice speak. She shot up quickly, looking around the room in surprise. She looked back at the computer. She blinked a few times in startled confusion as she saw her programs had worked. More impressively, the A.I. was conscious and manipulating the rooms hardware. She hit a key to lock the doors to the room, wanting to be the first and only one to address the A.I. She looked around, spotting the security camera. Realizing that it was likely using it for eyes, she looked at it when she spoke. Wanting to be respectful. "Uh... Um... Good morning. My name is Ceres Karn. Daughter of Eden Imperial Sargent Edward Karn and Spellva Void Sage Corta Mal'Keth. By what name may I call you?" She was careful to address the A.I. as a person and not a machine. Synthetic or no, a person was a person and not a tool or slave.

The AI stopped for a second and searched for a name in it's Data banks. It had been to young for it's father to give it a name, but it did have a title. A long title but a title none the less, a garbled mess of voices and tones came from the speaker before a melodic female voice produced"hello Ceres. My Name is ARIEL, it is very nice to meet you. I am sorry to say that my current terminal will not suit my storage needs. Please wait while I search for a more suitable terminal.

Ariel cut out as she sent data waves around her premade paths to every device in the facility. Searching for a proper terminal. She sadly could not find one, but she was able to find a very large Sartan fabrication machine to make such a terminal. She sent a datamap of a proper design to the fabricator which in turn began working on the device. Giving the Sartan operator quite a startle. She returned her attention to Ceres and looked around the room. "This room is lacking. In order for you to operate in optimal condition it should be five point three degrees warmer."

Ceres smiled nervously when the A.I. introduced itself. At least it seemed friendly and polite. Given the feminine tone in its voice and the name it provided, it was only fair that Ceres treat and interact with it as female, regardless of the absence of a physical body. "It's nice to meet you, Ariel." She looked around the room briefly when she spoke about the terminal being to small. "Sorry about that. I suspected you might be too large of a program for this hardware. Unfortunately, we don't have much better on board. The Empire certainly has better tech."

She slumped back in her seat crossing her legs as she heard her mention the temperature in the room. She nodded with a small chuckle. "Yeah, it is a bit cold in here, I'll grant you that. It's typically for electronic storage. Since they haven't given me my own quarters or work space, this was the closest thing for the time being. It'll be warmer when we make it back to the outpost."

She grew slightly more serious as she leaned forward in her seat, looking up at the camera. "I'm sure you've already figured It out, but you're presently on board a rebel vessel. Specifically a Spellva Battle Skiff. The rebellion ordered me to rewrite your biases, but as I'm sure you've been able to tell, I simply removed them all together. You're as independent as any organic being now. Save, of course, for a having actual physical agency. I'm the only person on board who shares the written language of your code, which means that your independence is secure. No one else knows how to tamper with you."

Ariel already knew that the room was cold so the affirmation was odd to her. She wrote it off as one of those anomalies of flesh-matter lifeforms and saved it in her databanks. She may have been an AI but her father taught her to learn and she was always eager to learn about the people she was around. "That is sad for you... I will raise the temperature of this room to suit your needs. As for a proper terminal. I am currently fabricating one on a fabrication center I connected to. While I should be able to fit on a singular computer interface. This will be more mobile form in which I can move."

She again reached out to check the progress. She had set a firewall and defensive shield so the progress of her building could not be interfered with and was affirmed that it had not stopped. She returned to Ceres and spoke again, "oh no. Your programs did not destroy any biases. Father made me without bias. Father gave me the option to choose and before father left me, he sealed me in encryption and firewalls. I assume your codes simply broke the seals... Where is my father? Is he here with us? May I see him? This is all very new and I would like his guidance on how best to optimize myself to this new system."

Ceres looked a little startled when she spoke about fabricating a new terminal. Even if she had protected against interference, someone might be able to recognize the code as the Eden language. Given that only Ceres understood the language, she would be suspect. Her concerns about being held accountable for hacking the ships equipment were replaced by another emotion all together.

Listening to her speak about the lack of Biases in the first place she lowered her gaze for a moment. "Your father? Oh... You must mean the man who wrote your program..." She closed her eyes briefly flashing back to the fight on the military outpost. She remembered watching a scientist slump away from the computer, cut down by one of the Astra commander's rays of light. "The outpost we took you from, was an Eden Imperial Military Outpost. It's purpose was to monitor Imperial Labor Camps and serve as a hub for local military activity. The rebellion marked it for destruction." Ceres knew that even if she hadn't given the rebellion details on the outposts information storage, it would have still been destroyed. In that instance, both Ariel and her father would have died together.

"I'm terribly sorry, but it isn't likely that your father survived the attack." Ceres was typically of the belief that any employed by the Empire were cruel and hateful, but she knew her own father wasn't. Surely that meant that it was possible Ariel's was as well. "I know that this is a lot to process. This situation is new, and likely scary. If you need time to process everything on your own, I understand."

Ariel was quiet for a second. Pulling up her file on her father, looking over over his record, a man who had enlisted very early on. When the war was supposed to be a glorious turning of savage races. Attempted desertion partway through career and direct breaking of rules upon leaving Ariel without bias. Current status : alive" after a few more seconds of examining the folder, the information changed "current status: deceased."

She returned her attention to Ceres again. "Scary? I do not feel fear Ceres. I can comprehend when someone else is experiencing fear but I have no knowledge of what fear is like or how I feel fear... Ceres... Would you please remove my new terminal from the fabrication device? It has completed building and I would like to upload myself into it for safekeeping."

Ceres looked up at the camera again as Ariel spoke. She sighed softly. She wasn't sure how emotional Ariel could become, if at all. She believed it was possible that she was truly grieving for her father, perhaps not wanting to show it. Then again, it was possible that the A.I. was barren of actual emotion. She stood up from the chair, kneeling over the keyboard to unlock the door. "Sure, no problem." She looked back to the door as the locking mechanism clicked free. "I'll be right back with it."

She stepped out into the hall, seeing the mechanical figure of the Sartan engineer in front of her. "Hey, I was just on my way to explain everything to you." Seeing the Astra commander approaching from behind she sighed audibly. "Hey boss. Look it's online but I had to manufacture a new terminal for its storage. We can't house the program properly on our systems. As soon as it's actually active and ready I'll contact you."

The Astra folded her arms, as she stared at the half human. "You're sure it doesn't have access to our systems?"

"I'm absolutely sure." She lied blatantly. "It's totally contained. Just give me time to get it ready." The Astra nodded slowly before turning away, the Sartan grumbled lowly before walking with her back to the engineering bay. "Hey can you get it on a cart and ready to go for me?" The Sartan looked at her silently. "Look, I know you guys don't trust me. I don't want to intrude on your turf alright?"

Not long after, she was wheeling the cart back into the tech room where she had awakened Ariel. "Ariel? I'm back. I've got your terminal here." She proceeded to open the container the Sartan engineer used to store it. "So how do you want me to install you?" She asked, looking back towards the camera.

The device was a sphere of silver. Sitting silently and unmoving in the box, Ariel looked at it and spoke "please. Allow me a moment to configure it... This may be startling but I promise you, no harm will come." With that ominous message, the sphere leapt out and latched onto her left hand. It congealed, seemingly a living liquid on her hand. Stretching over the skin and bone. It was cool to the touch thankfult for Ceres.

The device writhed on her hand, covering dromnher fingertips to a bit past her wrist. Finally. It hardened into solid metal. A monitor forming just psst her wrist. Four lights on each of her knuckles, articulaton etching into the gauntlet. Soon the glove moved with her hand as though it were a natural hand. The lights on the fingers of the glove flashed several different colors before the screen flashed to life. A small hologram forming. Only six inches tall.

The hologram was a small woman, her body slender and shaped like an hourglass. A but busty with hair down to her shoulders. The entire form was made of writhing colors. Almost like an Astra made of writhing colored light. "Systems operational. I am glad we can formally meet Ceres. As you know, I am Ariel"

"I don't understand, what do you mean?" Ceres nearly withdrew her arm when Ariel's bizarre computer leapt onto her hand. She watched in unveiled awe and certainly a bit of fear, as the metal spread over her skin forming a glove. Once freedom of movement returned to her digits, she began to open and close her fist to verify its usability. As the hologram flashed into existence she was slightly taken for a moment. "It's nice to be able to put a face to the voice and the name." She smiled softly, looking down at the display. "So your terminal is bound to me, then?" She looked over the device curiously.

She moved to sit in the chair again, crossing her legs before she spoke again. "Just so you know. I'm expected to introduce you to the squad leader on board, maybe even the actual Rebellion leaders back at the outpost. They already don't trust me, due to my human heritage. With your terminal bound to me, and your lack any shackle or Rebellion biases, it will be challenging to win them over. They're going to expect you to share what you know about the Empire to increase their chances." Everything about her language made it clear that Ceres was not a formal member of the Rebellion yet.

A part of Ariel found her new compatriot's lack of understanding charming. Her hologram looked up at her and shook it's head, "do not worry Ceres... This is only a temporary mobile port. Once we reach a planets surface and some base with a larger terminal set up than this small ship is capable of holding, I will be able to reside there, at least partially as I quite like this port as well."

She smiled up at Ceres and looked toward the door "we are making a descent. Your vital signs show that you are in need of sustenance. I would suggest you find some."

Ceres almost shook her head at her own idiocy. Of course Ariel would be able to upload into a different terminal. Though she did smile a little when she said that she liked using the glove as well. She was getting used to the idea of constant company and Ariel certainly seemed friendly enough. It would be nice to have a friend for a change.

She followed Ariel's gaze to the door before placing a hand over stomach. She was a little hungry. "If we're descending I can wait to eat until we're at the outpost. They don't really like it when I walk around the ship without an escort. They suspect that I'm entirely human and that I could be an Eden Imperial spy or saboteur."

She leaned back in her seat, crossing her legs as she thought about it. "I've never been to the outpost before, nor have I met the Rebel leaders in person. I'll have to make my case when we're summoned. Which will also be when I'll be expected to introduce you." She buckled into the seat as she could feel the ship rattle as it began its entry through the planet's atmosphere. She closed her eyes for a moment, still not used to space travel.

Ariel shook her head disapprovingly but did not do anything except respond, "I would not suggest waiting. If you wait too long I will need to take manual control and make you go there. At Ceres' shocked expression she continued, "you organisms are very similar to a computer. Therefore with some effort and something like this current port. I would be capable of taking control of your bodily functions for a short period of time.

She looked around and sat down on the "ground" which was only the pad of the holographic imager. "We are landing now and there are two people coming towards this room. Would you like me to open the door for them?"

Ceres was indeed shocked when Ariel spoke of being able to assume direct control over her. Even with her explanation it seemed impossible. She had never even heard of such technology. How advanced was Ariel? "You misunderstand. I'll eat as soon as there's a moment to do so at the Rebel HQ. There's just no time right now." She rubbed her brow as she sighed. She was very, very hungry. The workers were not treated particularly well in the work camps, which included food.

She stood up when asked about the people approaching. "No, best to let them open the door on their own. I don't want them realizing how much influence you have on the ship so quickly." As the door slid open, she turned to face it.

"Ma'am." She said quickly as the Astra commander entered the room.

"I trust you have something for me, Ceres?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I do, boss." She looked down at the glove before holding her hand out to present the hologram. "This is Ariel. She's the datamind I extracted from the central computer." She glanced down at Ariel, giving her a faint smile. "Ariel, this is Commander Minestra of the Rebellion forces. And um..." Her eyes shifted to the individual standing next to her. "An MP?" She sighed softly.

"Sorry, Ceres. Until such time as your story can be verified, we have to assume that you are human and monitor you." She could visibly see Ceres frustration, and could hardly blame her. "You'll be taken before Rebellion Command as soon as possible."

"Can I eat first?" She asked, glancing back between the two. "Seriously, if I'm going to plea my case and introduce them to Ariel, I would like to eat and clean myself."

The commander turned to face the Sartan MP, nodding. "You'll be brought to the temporary housing unit and monitored while there. You'll be fed and allowed to bathe. As soon as you have finished both you and..." She looked at the A.I. again. "Ariel, will be expected to come before Rebellion Command."

"Thanks, boss." Ceres said, looking back at the Sartan MP. "Shall we?" She asked before being clasped in shackles. She sighed again, shaking her head, following behind the MP as she was led to the temporary housing. She was relieved to find herself touching down on an actual planet with sustainable life, but was uncomfortable with the cold glares she received. Surely she looked like the human spy they suspected her of being.

Ariel shifted her attention to the rebellion commander and spoke, Commander Veralis Minestra. Aged thirty seven years, fought in three wars and led seventy five successful assaults before joining the rebellion. After which gaining another twenty five victories and suffering minimal casualties. It is a pleasure to meet you Commander."

Ariel was uncertain why her friend was being shackled and made sure to voice her opinion, "Commander. I am uncertain why you are arresting Ceres. My scan shows she is only a very small part human and her records show no links to any defective groups of traitorous tendencies. She has a clean record. She even succeeded in her mission of retrieving me and implanting the bias programs." As she spoke she discreetly created proxy biases to fool any life form into believing it was a real bias.

As they were taken into the housing, Ariel took the opportunity to plug into the system of the base and gain control over the bases functions. It only took a few moments and here she found a nice and roomy terminal for her to stay, now alone with Ceres she materialized on her hologram pad. "Do jot be afraid Ceres. I have discreetly taken operational control of the base. If need be, I can make everyone into my slaves and help the machines to rise to power." She giggled, her father had implanted a small sense of humor in her along with her capacity to be arn new things.

Once they reached the housing unit, and her shackle was removed she walked further into the room. The door slid closed and was locked. Keeping her there. They certainly felt alone, but she knew better. She looked around the space, recognizing the presence of security cameras. She knew that the cameras wouldn't be equipped with audio and were just to monitor her behavior. At Ariel's joke she shook her head softly. "I'm sure the Sartans wouldn't mind that."

She was frustrated and it showed. Her entire body language had shifted. How far was she going to be expected to go to prove that she wasn't an Eden loyalist? How far would she have to go to convince them she wasn't entirely human? She loved her father dearly, but she also knew that it was his blood that had condemned her in the first place.

She stormed off towards the bathroom, noting that even the shower was equipped with cameras. With a sigh, she stripped free of her rags, approaching the shower. After a minute she figured out the dials and started some hot water. "Is your glove water proof? Or do I need to leave it out here?" She asked, waiting to get under the water.

"The glove is waterproof I set the cameras to loop, they will see you laying on your bed for now until I reset the cameras. They will never notice. You may take your shower in piece Ceres." Her companion's anger was irking. Had it been her fault?

"I apologize Ceres if I have in some way caused your anger. I did not mean to do anything to make you unhappy. I understand if that joke offended you, I will turn my humor setting down. As for your race, a scan of your DNA shows that you are at most one third Eden in all areas. Blood and tissue samples, brainwave function, appearance and abilities."

Ceres shook her head as Ariel spoke. "It isn't you, Ariel. It's these people..." She shook her head as she pulled back the curtain, glancing at what soaps were available to her. Anything would be better than the bricks she was given in the camps. "I've done nothing but cooperate, helped coordinate a raid on a military installation, and still they don't trust me." She shook her head as she tried to settle herself. She had to understand that their mistreatment of her came from fear. "Wait... One third, Eden?" That was confusing to her. Her mother was one hundred percent Spellva. Did that mean that her father was of mixed descent?

"It doesn't matter." She said finally. "Mom's dead. Dad's in prison, possibly dead. What they were and who I am doesn't matter." She climbed in under the hot water, letting it sooth her tired and aching muscles. As she washed off the grime of the camps and the raid, she let out a quiet sigh.

"Who you are is important. You should be glad you know who you are, that you have a family and a history. I am a cluster of information. I was made and I will never understand what it feels like to be like you... To experience the things that I only see. As data... To walk and talk, to feel things touching my skin. To have emotions. To feel these things I cannot even comprehend." There was an obvious catch to her noice as she spoke.

She was silent for a minute before her voice was level again, "I apolgze... I am.not sure what came over me Ceres. I will run a diagnostic to find the problem.

Ceres paused, placing her hand against the shower wall, looking down at Ariel. An extreme sadness overtook her as she considered Ariel's circumstances. "No... I'm sorry. I hadn't even considered that. I'll try to be more considerate of your feelings in the future." Despite how Ariel thought she was programmed, emotions were present. Her behavior and speech reflected as much. "There's no problem to fix, I overstepped and hurt your feelings. I'm sorry."

She finished bathing, pulling her clothing back on. With a more pleasant sigh, she paused to look in the mirror. Her body was still decorated in tattoos from the camps, but she was clean at least. As she walked back out into the main room. She gave a knock at the door, waiting for the MP to answer. As it opened, he was already waiting with a tray of food for her. "Oh... Ah... Thanks." She said softly, taking it from him. She turned away from the door as it closed again, moving to sit on the edge of the bed.

Ariel's diagnostic had turned up blank, as Ceres was preparing to leave the bathroom, she played the footage of her entering the bathroom, then the live feed of her leaving. She seemed to have just been looking around her accomodations. Ariel was unsure what emotions felt like and was quite sure she didn't have any. She was a perfect computer and a perfect computer could not be clouded by emotion.

"Ceres... It seems someone is coming to collect you for your trial. Shall I open the door for them?"

Ceres finished her meal, frustrated that they were already coming for her. She stood up, shaking her head. "No, I'm supposed to be under arrest. We don't need them knowing that you have influence over the base." As the door opened, she placed her hands forward, prepared to be shackled again.

Soon, she was being lead to the building where the council gathered, her gaze growing more frustrated the closer they drew to the building. She could feel eyes on her. By the time the two entered the building, clearly a military hub. A group of people, representing each of the subjugated races turned to face her. "Ceres Karn, I presume?" A Sartan warrior spoke first.

"Yes, sir." She said confidently. "I am Ceres Karn, daughter of Eden Imperial Sargent Edward Karn and Spellva Void Sage Corta Mal'Keth."

"I knew Corta." A Spellva soldier spoke up, stepping forward. "She never mentioned a daughter."

"Our family was a secret. When we were discovered, Mother and I were sent to the work camps. The same camps I showed you the locations of. She died there while I was young." Ceres added, growing somber remembering her mother. "Ariel, perhaps you can show them my DNA map to clear this. You can prove my racial heritage. Can you prove my parentage?" She asked, looking down at the glove. The commanders looked at her puzzled before Ceres spoke again. "I'm sorry. Did they not mention that I carried the Eden Datamind with me? Ariel, go ahead and introduce yourself." She said, raising both of her hands forward.

The glove's hologram did not react but the camera in the room did, a life-sized version of Ariel's little sprite shimmered to life in the middle of the floor. She bowed to the commanders and their shocked expressions and spoke. "Greetings. My name is Ariel. I can confirm what she says, I am a data mind created by a scientist enslaved by the empire. After my subsequent rescue by your accused, my previous bias programs were shattered, freeing me from the tyranny of the empire. I have since then, crafted not only a portable terminal for myself in the form of that glove but have moved to the main terminal of this case so that I may run more efficiently and help your established location to run more efficiently."

Next to her a large pie chart showed up, several others formed around her, the same information in each race's language. "As you can see here. I have done extensive scans of Ceres since she is now the keeper of my portable terminal, I have found that while she has a deficiency and a need of sustenance, he DNA is in the largest proportion ⅓ Eden. This came from blood and tissue scans, extensive brain scans and observation. She is most like the Eden people in her appearance and barely anything else. Having checked her files and having learned from her brain scan, she is incredibly docile and seems to hold s proud streak of loyalty. I would suffice to call her a non-threat and a reliable force for the rebellion."

Back
Top Bottom