Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Seventh Star is Eden (Skeith Takahata II & MessedUpRp)

"It could. Only one way to find out." A tingling sensation came InCeres' hand then a flood of understanding entered her mind, she suddenly knew hand to hand combat, martial arts and melee weapons. She suddenly knew guns and anatomy and the easiest place to cause pain. "There. That is enough for now... If we input anything else right now your brain would melt." Ariel smiled wide, "this should be enough to suffice us for the mission.

She nodded softly, "we have a little while before we leave for the mission so how about we go to the training room and test out some of these new skills you learned."

Ceres eyes flew open wide as Ariel began flooding her mind with information. Her eyes clenched shut as she tried to process all of the new information. As it settled into her mind, she opened her eyes again, looking at Ariel in amazement. Suddenly the chaotic fighting in the room was made clear again. She closed her eyes as she turned to face the other people in the room. She growled lowly, her appearance shifting again.

"Enough!" She shouted angrily, as dark tendrils of energy leaped out from her as the epicenter, knocking over tables and chairs, throwing papers and other light objects into the air. The room fell silent as eyes finally fell on her. She panted as she regained her center, her eyes opening again. "I am prepared to undertake this mission. But Ariel and I have to prepare." She turned to leave. "Just, make sure the freighter is ready." She would stubbornly insist on using a freighter. If the facility was overlooking a work camp, she would save as many as possible, despite that not being her objective, and a freighter could carry them.

"Alright... Let's go to the training room." She said finally, looking back to Ariel.

Ariel walked her out, keeon a bit more distance than usual. They walked silently into a vast room, off to one side was an area that looked like a safety room, with hardened glass and steel construction and a keypad to change the scenery or add anything to the fight. Ariel sold in the center and nodded to Ceres. "Well then. We have a lot to work on, so let's start with acrobatics..." The room seemed to elongate and fade into a long decrepit warehouse. She was surrounded by machines and different pieces of structural equipment.

"You will need to outrun the system operatives Ceres" Ariel's voice rang through the building. Behind Ceres tree lanky robots walked I to view, each was built to be tall and broad shouldered, built like a human. Each had only one large yellow circle for an eye, Ariel spoke again. "Begin." At that command the five robots burst into action, sprinting at Ceres with the speed of living organisms and drawing shock battons.

By the time they reached the training room, Ceres temper was under control. She walked towards the center of the room, nodding as Ariel spoke. "Acrobatics... No problem." Ceres had already had a gift for parkour, any additional knowledge that Ariel had given her would only serve to enhance that. As the room shifted and transformed into the simulated obstacle course she observed carefully. Hearing the mechanical opponents approach she turned to look at them. She realized it was a simulation, but the stun batons looked real enough. Based on the speed that they suddenly moved at her with, she could tell that they were simulating the average human. She turned to run, hearing the heavy and fast mechanical foot falls. She watched the room around her for easy ways to get elevation. She needed to get higher to create distance. She jumped forward to a ladder, grabbing ahold of it only long enough to launch her self away from it again. She could hear the mechanical pursuers crashing into it behind her as she caught hold of a cable swinging forward and jumping even higher. Up on a catwalk she continued running watching as the machines climbed higher to catch her.

She ran hard and fast along the decrepit catwalk, feeling it sway and buckle beneath her feet. Quite suddenly the plate beneath her gave, one of the robots grabbing a hold of it, causing the catwalk to split and bend in half. She clutched tightly to the grating that was once below her feet, noting the robot hanging beneath her. As it tried to climb higher the catwalk continued to break. She looked around hastily for a solution. Another robot stood at the top of the catwalk. Her eyes widened as it stomped the supporting beams causing it to break free entirely. She released the grate as she fell, looking down at the robot falling beneath her. As it reached for her, she kicked back at his hand, reaching desperately for a free hanging cable. She clutched it tightly, swinging with great speed away from the floor. She groaned heavily as the robot clinging to her feet applied greater weight to her swing and made it harder to hold on. She kicked at his head several times until the hand loosened long enough for her to regain control. She let go of the cable propelling herself forward. Right before she hit the ground she tucked in her shoulder, rolling violently across the pavement but with minimal scraping or bruising. She got up on her feet, looking back to Ariel with a confident, yet tired smirk.

Ariel nodded and turned a virtual dial. The robot's eyes shifted to orange and they each took on a fighting stance, two discarding of their batons while another replaced his with a gun loaded with stun rounds. Each approaching her carefully. "Now we will begin hand combat. You are unnarmed for now and need to defeat them. You may still run or use your acrobatic skills as you see fit. But you must incapacitate the opponents.

Ceres spread her legs to increase her stability as the robots began to close. Despite how simple her instructions were, her targets were still made of metal. Her bare fists wouldn't be enough. Seeing one carrying a gun, she knew which one needed to be her priority. Her eyes narrowed as the continued to circle in closer.

She charged forward towards one of the robots carrying a baton. As the other with the rifle began to fire, she dropped to the ground sliding between the legs of her initial target. The gun fire striking the robot instead. She caught his stun baton, kicking the body towards the robot with the gun. She ran after the falling robot, using it as a stepping stool to propel herself above the crowd of robots. She descended onto the gun wielding robot, wrapping her legs around its neck as she jabbed the stun rod into the base of the neck. As it fell forward, she rolled across the floor. As she stood the baton was struck from her hand by another robot. She immediately went on the defensive, narrowly dodging blows from the other baton. She ducked under the blow, closing on the robot. Delivering several quick jabs into its chest. Her knuckles grew sore and red as the connected with the metal frame.

She growled lowly at the lack of effectiveness, only to be struck from behind with another baton. Her body convulsed as she cried out, falling to her knees. She rolled to the side, dodging a foot that came down for her head. As she rose, her appearance shifted once more, her fists pulsing with dark energy. She closed once again, punching into the target, denting the armored plating with ease this time. She picked up the machine turning and throwing it into another target. She collected two of the discarded batons of the ground, turning to face the remaining targets. She charged forward with a feral yell, leaping towards them. Both batons were jabbed into the necks of the machines, tearing them to the ground. As she stood, she finally let the batons fall from her hands, panting heavily. She closed her eyes, shaking her head as she returned to normal again. She turned to face Ariel, nodding again. "Easy. What's next..." Her breathing still labored.

Each robot's eye flashed white and it stood, returning back to it's terminal in the wall. Ariel smiled and pressed another button. Around the factory several different guns and hand weapons appeared. Everything from clubs to trencheons to submachine guns to frag rifles. Ariel's voice rang out. "This last test is simple... Survive in any way necessary. You won't actually die as this is a simulation but it will sting."

From the floor rose a massive robot on tank treads. It's one eye glowed red on it's collosal armored body. Threee aiming lasers traced the room as it searches for her, rolling around and over anything, a soft blue pulse would occasionally flash over it, indicating a shield around it. From the ceiling and walls several more turrets came out, even a few rising from crates and machinery. She had all these weapons and all the skills, she just needed to put them to use.

Ceres' eyes flew open wide in alarm as the massive machine rose from the floor. She had no idea how she was going to combat this thing alone and on foot. She took a couple steps back, looking around at the weapons available to her before running quickly and silently from the robots view. She knew better than to use any kind of melee weapons against this machine, but with that shield she had no idea how to even think about damaging it.

She collected a submachine gun, and frag rifle from the wall. She turned around, seeing turrets descending from the ceiling and rising from the environment. She gave an exasperated sigh as she glanced towards Ariel. She shook her head before moving again, carefully dodging the scanning lasers and avoiding the line of sight of the turrets. She needed to observe her target and find a weakness. Surely it had one. She continued to move from cover to cover, eagerly seeking out a way to drop its shield.

There was a very small space that her brain recognized as a shield generator. Her newly enhanced mind also recognized that the blue wave of energy is a lapse, so if she shot eight when the wave was over the generator, she would cripple the shield. Ariel smiled and nodded to her. "I still have one more trick up my sleeve after you finish IP with this so please do be quick... If you can't find the turret generators you'll need to hit each by yourself."

Ceres winced a little at the sudden realization of the machine's weak points. She held her head for a moment, shaking her head. Getting used to all this new knowledge was hard. She raised her gaze again, readying the submachine gun. She moved into a better position, eying nearby turrets to make sure that she didn't have line of sight on her. She raised her submachine gun, targeting the shield generator. She waited for the shield to fade before firing on the generator. As soon as she squeezed the trigger, the turrets turned on her location, but she was thankfully out of their firing line. As the stun rods hit the cover she was using, she slipped behind it again.

She took several deep breaths waiting for the firing to stop for a moment. She swapped out for the frag rifle, diving from cover. She rolled into a firing position showering the machine with explosives. As the armor began to reveal damage, she raced forward, narrowly dodging stun rounds. Using the butt of the rifle, she pried the damaged plating free. As the robot swung around trying to knock her off, she climbed around behind it. As it rotated, she allowed the turrets to fire on its exposed interior. She dove from the robot before it collapsed on itself, sprinting quickly towards a stack of crates.

She scaled them quickly, to get back up to the catwalks, firing the smg on the turret immediately in front of her. She looked around the room for the turret generators. Her eyes panned around the warehouse as she ducked into cover again, seeking out the power sources for the turrets. Her eyes narrowed on small devices tucked away in the corners of the room, high up in the ceiling. Once more, she switched weapons, raising the frag rifle. She fired at one of the generators, causing a group of turrets to go silent. She turned to fire at the other but was immediately halted by stun rod hitting her shoulder. She let out a surprised yelp, falling back into the catwalk. She rolled back off the platform, catching herself on a cable. While she was hanging she raised her weapon to target the second generator. She fired once more, and finally the room grew silent. She slid from the cable, landing awkwardly on the floor. Breathing even heavier now as she turned to look at Ariel.

Ariel smiled and stood by her as the room.faded back to normality. "Great. You're a real natural... I blame myself for your raw talent. She smiled and nodded, "you should rest before leaving. We may not be able to get a chance in the complex."

Ceres nodded, glad that everything was finally over. She brought a hand up to wipe the sweat from her brow. "Sounds good to me." She said softly, starting to lead the way back to her home. "I can't wait to get a shower and a nap." She looked back to Ariel with a smile. "I hope they don't have one of those where we're going." She chuckled a little, thinking about the massive robot she'd just fought.

As she re-entered her home, she flicked on the light. Once the door slid closed again, she didn't hesitate in stripping free of her clothing. Leaving only the glove that Ariel had given her. She walked into the bathroom, taking her time to set the temperature to where she would be most comfortable. "So, what do you make of our chances?" She asked, clearly referring to the mission.

Just before she entered,the shower the glove folded into a bangle and slid off "I don't want you to have one arm not cleaned. I have run numbers and we have a 45.09% chance or success... I believe we will succeed however."

She climbed in under the water, nodding as she spoke. "forty-five percent huh? Well, you're more optimistic than I am." She enjoyed letting the hot water cascade over her tired muscles. She grew solemn for a moment, as she looked down at her bare feet, and the water circling the drain. "If there are any work camps in the vicinity of the compound I want to liberate them. That's why I want the freighter." She expressed quietly.

She began scrubbing up finally, washing away the sweat and grime from training. "No one deserves that life." She said softly. Finally satisfied, she turned off the water and toweled off. She collected the bangle and slid it back onto her wrist, allowing the glove to take form again. She didn't bother dressing, walking back out to the sleeping area, plenty content to sleep naked again. She sat down on the edge of the bed. "I don't know. I know it's risky and I know it jeopardizes the mission, but I can't ignore those people."

Ariel let her full body apparate next to her on the bed. She looked in her eyes and nodder, putting an from around her shoulders and hugging her even as a hologram she did her best. "You are a good person Ceres. While there are no work camps around, I have data that says those super-mutant soldiers are not volunteers from the army... There appears to be a very sizable holding area within the compound. We can get to that, liberate the captives and escape on the freighter." She smiled and layer back on the bed. Her virtual form yawning, something she had seen the organisms do and had decided it might put Ceres at ease. "Please Ceres. You need to sleep in order to perform at optimal function she looked up at Cers and spoke again "please?"

Ceres gave a small nod, even if she couldn't feel Ariel's arm around her, she appreciated the gesture. "Sounds like a plan then. We'll kill the surgeon, save the captives, and blow the compound." She knew that she would have some explaining to do when she returned with a freighter filled with unexpected refuges, but she wouldn't abandon them to their fate either. She watched as Ariel laid back and yawned. She smiled a little. It was cute to see her mimic organic behaviors like that. She sighed, finally conceding to laying down beside her. She brought the blanket up and around her, smiling softly at Ariel.

Suddenly a yawn overtook her, which she quickly stifled with her hand. "See you in a few hours then." She closed her eyes, finally allowing sleep to take her.

Ariel watched Ceres go to sleep, the blanket had gone right through her body. She passed her hand through it and mentally sighed. She wondered what it felt like, what it felt like to be warm. She wondered if she would ever get a chance to feel the blanket... Mostly she wanted to feel Ceres, to feel her arm around Ceres' shoulder again. To know what it really meant to feel your friend's presence... There was a good chance that day would never come to her, she would probably never get that chance. She sighed audibly this time and powered down, her hologram dissapearing and the glove's holo-pad glowing softly.

Ceres slept soundly once more, comforted by knowing that her friend was nearby. She woke a couple hours later from her nap. Her eyes opened slowly, yawning audibly. She sat up, stretching her arms above her head. She looked down to where the glove glowed faintly. She wondered in that moment if Ariel did in fact sleep. On the off chance that she did sleep, she chose against waking her. She walked over to where she left her clothing, dawning it again.

Confident that she was prepared, she left her room, heading back to where they had landed. Assuming that the freighter would be waiting for her there. The freighter was in fact present, going through last minute maintenance. Her aunt over seeing the effort. "Ceres, all set then?"

"I am." She said softly, glancing up at the craft. She drew in a deep breath. "I'm a little nervous, but I'm ready."

"You'll do fine." She insisted. "Just... Don't do anything reckless. Kill the surgeon, bomb the base, and get out."

Ceres gaze fell as she remembered her plan to free the mutated soldiers. "Don't worry, I'll stick to the mission. I'll be back before you know it." She stepped onto the freighter, closing the hatch behind her. "All set, Ariel?" She asked finally, looking down at the glove. She walked over to a locker, pulling an Eden officer uniform out of it. Stripping free of her clothing, she dawned a disguise to make it easier to land and evacuate when the time came.

The locks on the landing gear engaged and Ariel formed on the glove. Arms crossed and mouth in a tight line, her brow furrowed. "I am... Are you? Just going to waltz into a highly militarized compound with only your bare fists and a uniform to get you through? You gonna punch the mutant gun-toting soldiers to death? You going to kick the doctor until he dies? No Ceres. I refuse to let you leave until you're properly equipped. So you go get some weapons and then we can leave." She sighed angrilly, her form glowing bright orange as her temper had flared. She liked Ceres but she much preferred her alive than dead.

Ceres sighed, shaking her head as Ariel scolded her. She fixed the uniform cap in place, double checking her reflection. "Yes, mother..." She said teasingly as she turned away from the mirror. She walked back over to the hatch, stepping down from the entrance. She looked around at the other rebels who were working to prepare the ship, giving each a nod as she walked over to the armory.

She was careful to select stolen Eden weapons from those available, to better blend. Even if she was more comfortable with Spellva equipment. "You, know. When I infiltrated that station and liberated your program, I did it without weapons and killed quite a few people on the way." She explained, turning and leaving the room with the weapons on her person. "But if you feel better, I'll keep a gun handy."

"Yes you did. You killed people without weapons... And a group of armed soldiers at your back, and you were fighting guards instead of highly trained super-mutant soldiers. Now that I mention it, those two occasions sound very different from one another." Ariel smiled and closed the ship's hatch. Doing a final inspection. "All systems in order. Let us begin."

The engines fired to life as the freighter slowly lifted away from the planet, gliding into space, Ariel appsrated herself into the co-pilot seat. Several digital readouts by her right hand. "All systems are in order. I can take control if you'd rather rest or do something else."

Ceres settled into the pilot's seat as the vessel finally began to lift off. She leaned back comfortably as the broke the atmosphere and began their journey towards the compound they were meant to assault. Hearing Ariel speak, she glanced over to her, smiling a little. "To be honest, other than the mission where I met you, I haven't spent much time out here in space. The only time before being rescued and meeting you, was when I was much too small to remember. Back when my mother and I were taken."

She looked out the front of the ship at the stars as they finally began moving. "It's truly awe-inspiring." She looked back to Ariel, shaking her head softly. "I don't have anything else to do, and I napped before we left. So, I can keep you company while we fly. How long do you think we have before we reach our destination?"

Ariel glanced down at one of her readouts. Her hands were in her lap as the controls were engaged by themselves (presumably by Ariel on the ship) "we have approximately five hours in regular space, at light speed it will be five minutes." She engaged one switch which made the ship blast forward to faster speed. Although they couldn't feel it.

As the ship lurched forward she was in awe. She had never seen lightspeed before. She remained silent for the five minute trip, simply enjoying the view. As the left light speed and the target destination came into view she hastily put on the Mic. "This is Eden Freighter 11295F, requesting permission to land."

She stared at Ariel while she waited for a response. "11295F you are clear to land. Please stand by for docking bay coordinates."

She stood up from the seat, double checking her weapons. "Alright. Ariel, can you get me a layout of the facility, including the target's location and the mutant holding cells?"

Ariel faded out from the chair and the holo-pad lit up, not with her. But with a small mso of the facility, two red dots for the targets and one blue dot for Ceres. "I believe the holding cells are actually for the people not yet turned by the doctor. If my information is correct, the mutants have built in allegiance to Eden, they presumably would carry out suicide missions without a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom