Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Seventh Star is Eden (Skeith Takahata II & MessedUpRp)

Ariel responded through the comm system, "Ceres... I'm a computer. I'm always awake. The hall is empty. I'll sign you in remotely."

Rena nodded as the computer spoke, "Let's proceed then. The sooner we can begin, the better." The older void sage followed Ceres, entering the room behind her. The door slid shut behind them and the room was quiet and peaceful. Until, very suddenly. Something slammed into Ceres's back.

The feeling, if it could be called that, was odd. It wasn't so much the feeling of being hit, but rather a lack of feeling. It felt like part of her back simply ceased to exist. As though it simply wasn't there, but all evidence pointed that it must.

As Ceres recovered, Rena's void tendril retracted into the sage's back. "Defend yourself!" She shouted at Ceres. Very suddenly, another tendril shot our of the nearest wall, directly towards Ceres, while another manifested in the air right across from the first, each traveling directly at Ceres.

The blow to Ceres back was a strange one, especially in the brief moment that followed. "Ah... What the-?" Before she could really respond to what happened, Rena called out her warning. Ceres looked at each of the tendrils flying towards her, she dove forward to avoid them, rolling back to her feet in the same motion.

"Woo... It's going to be that kind of training is it?" She cracked her neck, watching the two tendrils for any sign of attack. "I don't know how to manifest my powers without losing control. How is this going to help me?"

Rena raised an eyebrow, then crossed her arms. "Try and manifest your powers..." She couldn't. She did it like normal, but nothing happened. Rena chuckled, "The body attunes itself to the void. Lay lines of energy cross and curve through the body. Where they meet and intersect are points of great void power. Finding these points can harm a Void Sage."

She walked closer to Ceres and poked her back where she had struck the girl. "This is one of them... Depending on how many of the lay lines intersect will change how much it affects your abilities. That was a strong point, practically glowing with void energy. Therefore, it completely blocked your powers. For a short time."

Rena smirked, "Before you learn to control and fight with the Void, you need to learn to feel the Void. Sense it's presence and the coagulation of energies before they are used against you. Every Void Sage starts this way. While your abilities and your attunement to the void make you a capable user of the Void, a true Sage must feel it around them. Sense the ebb and flow, and attune their senses to understanding what it does and who might be using it against them."

Back
Top Bottom