Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Mist of Research. (Itazura_Reborn x Doug Conner)

Bill sat at one of the many tables in the Pokemon Center. He was waiting on his research assistant to arrive. Ever since the Mist showed up, nearly every researcher was working on a way to stop it. His work load had prompted him into take on extra help. His help came in the form of a young trainer named Jaina. She was 19 and, from the testing, could handle herself in Pokemon battles. With that skill, and her knowledge of Pokemon, he figured she would be suited for this study. On top of all that, her wonderful body was a plus. It was all he could do to keep himself calm around her.

Adjusting her glasses Jaina hurried down the road to the pokecenter. She was a tall girl with long brown hair and light green eyes. She was dressed in a simple outfit of a t-shirt and skirt with a lab coat thrown over them. Her boss Bill had called her that morning, which was supposed to be her day off, saying that he needed to see her right away. Bill was normally a very composed person who respected her time off, so to have him call her in was bizzare. Reaching the door of the center she took a second to compose herself. Her breaths were quick and rapid from the stressful powerwalk there and her modest A cup breasts bounced with each step. Brushing her hair back with her fingers she took a final deep breath and walked into the pokecenter with a smile. "Hello Bill." she said sitting beside him "What do yo need me for?"

The sight of such a beauty sent His heart racing almost as fast as his love for Pokemon. Almost. "Hello Jaina. I have an important job for you. I have just received word that the mist has reached Hoann. I am so swamped with my work here, so I was hoping you could go collect samples and study the effects. There are even reports of it being stronger than the mist here." He hung his head and sighed. He loved Pokemon and he hated what the mist was doing to them. "If it is stronger, it may even affect people, so I made something to help you. It is still in testing, but I don't want something happening to you." He pulled a case from his coat pocket and slide it onto the table.

Bill's words sent Jaina's heart racing in excitement. Hoenn! Her grandfather had come from Hoenn and he had told her stories of the beautiful shores and forests of the region. She had wanted to see it's grand ports and the technological wonder that was Mauville city and now she was getting her chance! It was hard to keep a calm composure at his words and despite all that her leg was bouncing up and down as she sat there, the excitement making it impossible to sit still. Looking at the case in between them she took it. "What is it?"

"It is a formula that I devised from the DNA of a Ditty. They seem to be immune to the Mist. The only reason we can think of is its randomly shifting genetic code. The fact that is can change it's DNA to suit the situation means it must be able to make itself immune." He opens the case to show a needle with a pink fluid inside. "I will need to inject you with this. In order to stabilize it, I had to mix it with another Pokemon. I knew how much you liked Eevee, so I used a small sample. Don't worry, the Eevee DNA was absorbed into the Ditto DNA."

She listened intently to his explanation but it really made no difference to her. He could have told her it would have turned her into an man and given her three eyes and she still would have taken if it had meant going to Hoenn, it meant that much to her. But the scientist in her listened to his words carefully, making sure she understood it perfectly. "So if you inject me with that I'll become immune to the mist no matter how strong it gets?" she asked holding out her arm for him to inject. She might have been a little unsure about getting an injection that would mess with her DNA but this was Bill. He wouldn't do this if he thought it was dangerous and she trusted him.

Bill took the needle from the case and made sure it was okay before pushing it into her forearm. "That is correct. I tested how strong the Ditto's immunity is and it seems to be able to withstand levels up to ten times the level of mist here. However, I can't give this to a Pokemon, so I can't make your Serperior immune." He pushed the plunger down and injected her with the pink fluid.

Jaina watched with intense fascination as the plunger pushed the fluid into her veins. The reaction was immediate. Everywhere in her bloodstream the liquid touched caused her to tingle. She began shaking uncontrollably causing her to grab the table to steady herself. "This feels really weird." she said her voice unsteady.

"Don't worry. It will stop soon." He reached over and took her hand to try and calm her. "It will feel very strange for a bit." He hated to see her like this, but it was for her own good.

Nodding she let the shaking continue. She had been sure there would be some kind of side effect to the injection, after all it was rewriting her entire genetic code to be more like ditto. She sat there for some time, shaking and twitching spastically as the serum did it's work. She was sweaty and tired from the exertion of it all when suddenly it stopped. "I think it's over." she said panting and wiping her brow of sweat.

"Good. You should be immune to the stronger Mist now. I know it shouldn't affect humans anyway, but this was to just make sure." Bill smiled and looked at her. "Okay, I have some money so you can get some items to prepare." He reached into his coat and handed her an envelope with money inside. "Make sure to only get what you know you will need. Wasteful spending can be a bad thing."

Taking the envelope she gave him a smile. "Thank you Bill. It's been a dream of mine to go to Hoenn for as long as I can remember. Is there anything I should bring? any equipment from the lab?"

"I wouldn't see anything other than your data recorder and your battle recorder being useful. I will have them set up to send any data collected to the lab for deeper study. Be sure to record your battles with Mist Pokemon and any effects you see in them." He smiled and stood up before kissing her on the forehead He had done this many times since she started working for him. He made his way from the center and back towards his lab.

Watching him leave she took a second to breath before letting out a girly squeal. She was going to Hoenn! Taking the lone pokeball on her belt she quickly threw it and let out the Serperior within. "You hear that boy? We're going to go to Hoenn!" she said throwing her arms around it in a big hug.

The Serperior was given to her by Bill when he seen how much she liked him. Bill had traveled the world and had collecting many Pokemon from all of the regions. Serperior seemed to take a liking to her as well, and it wasn't right to separate them, so he just allowed her to take him. After all, no trainer or researcher should be without a Pokemon partner. Not only that, they seemed to bond rather quickly, so it it would be unlikely that he would be affected by the Mist.

The Serperior was happen to be hugged by her. It wrapped its tail around her in a soft embrace. He liked when she hugged him. He looked down at her with a large smile and he nodded.

Feeling her pokemon return the hug she held him for a few moments longer before letting him go. They had a journey to prepare for! "Come on Serperior, we have to go visit the store. I'll let you stay out of your pokeball to celebrate!" she said grabbing the recorders Bill had mentioned and storing them in her bag before heading out the door.

Serperior followed behind her happily as the two of them left the center. The store was across from the docks, which was just a bit away from the center. It wouldn't be a long walk, and the day was still hanging in the air. She had time to do her shopping and get back to the center for the night. Bill had reserved a room for her, though that was normally impossible.

With her pokemon at her side she quickly set to work getting ready for the trip. The walk to the store was a small ways across town, not to far if she avoided the main road by taking a shortcut through a back alley, and soon she was there. Going through the items on the shelf she quickly grabbed ten pokeballs, a ten potions, and to super potions just in case. "What do you think boy? Will this be enough?"

Serperior didn't know for sure. It may be enough, it may not be. While he understood what she was saying, he only understood a few of the items. He knew that the Poke'balls where used to catch Pokemon, as he was in one. However, the fact that she was getting so little of them made him think she only planned on catching very few Pokemon. This means that his chance of staying with her were high, and he enjoyed that. The potions were another story though. He had been healed with them when he was still young, but he hadn't needed them in a long time. Maybe they were for the other Pokemon. Still, he didn't really know how to answer her, so he just simply nodded his head, hoping he was right.

"Alright then! We have most of the day left why don't we go out of the town? I hear the ponds along the route are lovely this time of year!" she said walking up to the counter and paying for the items. With a smile on her face and a small skip in her step she made her way out of the town and into the plains that surrounded it. "See Terry! I told ya!"

The Serperior, which she had named Terrance, followed behind her. He didn't want to be left behind and even enjoyed watching her walk. It was something he hadn't been able to do since he evolved, but it was okay. He strangely enjoyed the way her body moved when she walked. When they reached the path, he looked around and smiled. It was pretty place, and he didn't see any wild Pokemon around, so maybe this would be a nice little rest before they leave.

Walking out into the peaceful clerings of the route she grinned. The sun was high and bright in the sky, bringing out the colors of the field. It was a cool day, summer was ending and they were entering fall. A nice breeze blew through, causing the plants and grass to sway gracefully. "This was a good idea." she said walking into the grass.

While the day was nice and the sun was shining, there was something watching her. It took notice of her when she entered the clearly, taking in her female scent. It also noticed the male Pokemon that was with her. The hidden Pokemon seen the Serperior as a threat and something that could stand between him and the mate that was standing right before him. The Pokemon attacked the Serperior from the shadows, sending a way of Pin Missiles at him.

Before either of them could react the pin missles hit Terrance dead on, forcing him to ground. "Bad idea!" Jaina yelled looking for the attacker. Seeing none see frowned. "Coil!" she ordered as Terry instantly followed her command, coiling into a tight spiral to protect himself.

Even as the Serperior coils up, the hidden Pokemon takes aim. It lowers its head and rushes out of its hiding place right towards the coiled up Serperior. The Pokemon showed itself to be a large Heracross with a now glowing horn set with a Mega Horn attack.

Back
Top Bottom