Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guardian's Journey

Thomas Wyse
The One with an aura of Kindness and Love
Guardians:
1). Artemis | 2). Kiara | 3). Dendra | 4). ??? | 5). ??? | 6). ???

Thomas lay there a while, half asleep while his thoughts kept him up. It wasn't until Artemis had come to sit with him that he sat up and listened to her. Their hearts resonating, she was right in many ways. Though he couldn't help it, if he would have just left Kira out there it would have tore at his soul. Speaking of the Houndour she chimed in adding to the semi-lecture but also thanking him as well. What she spoke next caught him off guard, it was odd being complimented. His face felt hot as a crimson hue rested upon it. The hue only darkened when her heart connected to his, and then finally Dendra approached the group and in her own way began to connect her heart as well. Glancing away a moment his eyes were widened by the intense feeling of all four of their hearts resonating, connecting, bonding. Their overwhelming emotions seemed to call out to his heart. It was then Thomas understood why he was chosen.

It wasn't because he was a commoner, nor because he was a loving person, his aura and the auras of all three of these Gijinka were connecting. Humans and Gijinka were meant to feel this, it was how both races seemed to connect, to grow. It was also his power. Thomas couldn't fight, but his aura gave him a unique power of his own. He could feel their desires. Artemis's heart resonating with a desire of protection. Kiara's heart resonating with a desire to feel loved. Dendra's heart resonating with a desire to grow stronger. He could hear it in their words, feel it upon their lips as they spoke. While glancing away silent tears ran down his cheeks, all of them needed him. He wasn't just an aura bank but someone they needed to count on. Thomas smiled and took in a breath as he wiped his eyes. Getting off the lounge he stared at all three of them a moment, silent, before bending down and hugging Artemis.

"It's alright, you've done a good job as my Guardian. I'm sorry I got us into this mess but even if we hadn't run into Kira we probably still would have to fight off the Nightfires. Especially if they're attacking Trainers." he stated nuzzling her cheek. "I'm glad you're my Guardian. I knew that...you would be when our eyes met. I feel safe with you here. I know we'll be fine." he stated to her with deep compassion, his heart guiding his words. They were being honest, so should he. Giving Artemis's cheek a soft kiss he stood up and then pulled Kiara into a warm embrace as well. Closing his eyes he felt their new connection slowly burning. Unlike Artemis's the Houndour's soul burned with an uncontrollable flame. A warm protective flame that wrapped him up in it's protective embrace. Her dark nature was a shadow that always seemed to watch and have his back. He slowly began to scratch behind one of her ears as he held her in his arms his eyes staring deep into hers.

"You're not evil. I felt it when I first glanced into your eyes. If I would have just left you, I would have felt so horrible, you don't need to worry." It felt as if a rush of flames engulfed them as he placed a kiss upon her forehead. His cooling words cooed softly into her soul. "Why do you need to wait, our bond has already begun. Welcome to the team Kiara." he smiled slowly pulling away and standing up. Dendra would then feel a pair of arms wrap around behind her as he pulled her into an embrace.

Her poisonous aura slowly oozing and dripping into his soul covering him in a protective shield as her sleeping fighting spirit was just inches away to be roused awoken. "Don't say that, because you're none of those things. When you fought I saw how cunning and clever you were, yet you held yourself back. Embrace your power inside of your heart. You're not fighting alone, I'm right here, always here if you need support. A nudge, a pull...you are strong. You aren't ugly or weak. No matter if you win, or lose, I will be proud that you gave it your all." his soft words echoing in their souls as he kissed the top of her hooded head. "As my Guardian I'm sure you can show me what poison types can do!" he stated with a smile then pulled away. The rush of everything subsiding he stood up and slapped his face.

"I-I don't know what came over me." he stammered feeling embarrassed for acting so cheesy. The powerful resonating had subsided but Thomas still felt it's faintness as all four of them now shared a connection. "I guess...well all uhh...bonded...heh. Though your words and emotions kind of overwhelmed me. Don't worry about the Nightfires, let's just try to get some food in us and some rest. If we have to fight a few on our way to our next destination then we can't help it. Though, when all of you are stronger, and fully evolved, I want to take the Nightfire Leader down. To free Kiara's friends and hopefully bring a little peace. I just...feel like that would be the right thing. Someone needs to stand up to him." he stated to the group with a nod. Glancing at them all he smiled and nodded his head.

"Thank you for those honest words though. I"m just a Kid from an Inn, who just wants to see the world before he dies. Weather or not I win, doesn't matter. I was kind of unsure before mostly because I felt like I was some kind of spectacle. Yet you've all convinced me that here with you all is where I need to be. We'll grow strong together and show the world what we're made of!" he stated raising a clenched fist in the air. His eyes burning with unstoppable passion. Then Thomas chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

"Alright enough sappiness for one night. In case you two didn't catch my name, it's Thomas Wyse. Yet Thomas is fine." he introduced to Kiara and Dendra then gently patted the Croagunk on the back. "If you want to spend tonight with your crew it's fine. We'll wait for you, it might be a good idea to tell them that you're coming with me. At least so they know you'll be safe. It's all up to you though. Do what your heart feels like doing." Thomas then moved over and gave Kira and Artemis a nod. "How about we get some food too? I don't know about you both but I'm hungry. All that walking kind of wore me out. I don't know how you can just march like that Artemis! Your iron will is impressive." he sighed slumping his shoulders in slight defeat. Hopefully she wouldn't be expecting him to keep up with her marching.

Last edited:
Artemis scoffed as Kiara chipped in on her conversation. Couldn't she see they were having a private moment?! She quickly moved away from the houndour, her dislike for her quite clear. Partly because she was a fire type and she had suffered at the growlithe's flame due to her but mainly because she had a bad gut feeling about Kiara. Artemis' attention then shifted as she looked towards Dendra. Sure the croagunk was goofy, but there was something endearing about it. She was a lot more tolerable than the ex gang member.

Her eyes darted back to Kiara as she spoke of being jealous. That took the steel type of guard butnher emotions were soon replaced with a feeling of pride and an underlying smugness. Artemis knew she had got to where she was due to her hard work and dedication - not by mugging of other trainers. "People like you give trainers and guardians a bad name! You could be so much more yet you take the underhanded options because they're easier-" she was soon silenced as Dendra spoke up on her experiences. She really did feel sorry for her and the friends she'd left behind. Maybe a little jealous... she'd never had that closeness with anyone except Thomas. That's why she was so protective of him. she was scared she would lose him to others. She sighed as she took the letter to her mother back out her pocket and held it closely, feeling a comfort.

She was lost in her own thoughts, brought back the comforting cuddle of Thomas and felt as he pressed himself against her cheek with a nuzzle. "Thomas..." she whispered, calling him like a lost child as she burried into his arms. "I'll always protect you, I swear on my life..." She looked up into his eyes, her own shimmering with a new hope. "I know you will always protect me" A small smile lit up her face as she felt her cheeks blush when he kissed her. His touch was soft and warm, a precious reward from all her hard work.

The warm fuzzie feeling in her died as Thomas swiftly moved on to Kiara. Artemis found herself turning away and looking uninterested as she focused on her mother's letter again. Was this a kind of jealously? And why did it bother her so much with Kiara and not Dendra... Artemis shook her head and pushed those thoughts back. With anyluck the houndour would get bored of them.

As the three pokemon were addressed, Artemis turned her head to look at the trainer and forced a small smile. She knew Thomas was doing his best, she could feel the aura of his heart shine brightly and warmed her heart. He really was different to all the other trainers she had met in the festival. But then again.. she was different too. Thats why they worked so well! Artemis looked down as her stomach grumbled and rubbed the back of her head. She laughed sheepishly and looked across to the plate of food she left unattended, "Yeah food sounds... good... I'm starved." she picked herself up to stand next to Thomas and linked her arm with his laughing again, her face going redder as he spoke. "I was marching? I thought I was walking normal pace!"

Kiara couldn't help wondering why she tried, why she cared about winning the other girls over. They would never understand her. Perhaps they weren’t really any different from the so-called nobles who looked down on them. While they had grown up sleeping in soft, warm beds, she had to sleep on a cold, hard floor with barely enough coverings to keep the higher temperatures that her fire-type body needed. While they probably ate fancy home-cooked meals prepared for them with love, she scrounged for whatever scraps she could find. While they looked down on her for stealing, she had struggled to acquire what they would most likely consider pocket change. While Artemis talked about how hard she and other guardians worked for their positions, she had to struggle even harder just to survive. While Artemis may have trained and sparred each day with no risk to life and limb, she had to watch her back every day and night. While they had families who showed them love and affection every day, she had to settle for empty, one-night stands to fill that void. No, they would never understand her. She would have to accept that they were no different from the so-called nobles who could just easily coast through life with no real effort. She might as well give up on trying to win them over.

Artemis’s spiteful attitude to the side, words couldn't describe what Kiara felt when Thomas hugged her and held her in his cool, calming embrace. The love that she felt when he spoke to her with his kind and compassionate words, reassuring her that she was not a bad person, overwhelmed her. The soft kiss he placed on her forehead meant more to her than any of those empty one-night stands ever could. The scratch behind her ear gave her a delightful tickle the likes of which she had not felt since losing her father when she was a small child. She couldn't hold back the tears as a lifetime of pain and anguish seeped out. “Thank you… thank you… so much…” was all she could say between sobs. Maybe in time, all of the hurt could be washed away, but for now just the feeling of being loved in spite of herself overwhelmed her.

When Thomas let go of her, she remained where she was and bowed her head and buried her face in her hands. There was no hiding the tears. If her gang had seen her like this, she would have never lived it down. She probably never would anyway, but she didn’t care. She no longer cared what Artemis might have to say, or about any snide remarks Dendra might have. Thomas may not have realized it, but he had given her what she so desperately needed- the strength to finally release some of the bitterness that had been leeching away at her soul for so many years.

When Thomas and Artemis got up to eat, Kiara choked back her tears and wiped them from her face before tagging along behind them in silence.

Dendra wished she could crawl into her plate of food and die in there. Why the hell did she say that? Why did she have to go so hard? Her? A spitfuck tiny Croagunk from nowheresville. She could picture it now, they'd laugh and mock and then she'd need to laugh along and louder just to drown them out... What was she thinking? She was about to pull away when a pair of arms captured her. Well, she had a good run. But then the voice spoke, and their hearts connected. Her slimy aura was touched, and it was left slightly changed. She wished to say something cool like 'I always win' or 'we'll show them all' or maybe even a small thank you... but the only thing she could croak out "My name is Dendra" after the time had past and they introduced themselves.

When they left to eat she picked up her tray and her phone to follow them. "We hit the jackpot huh?" she said to Kiara, in a playful manner before she reached the table. "here, have a big fabulous plate of my own picking, and my tastes are of course excellent" she sets the tray down. "I'll go meet with the gang, I need to name someone to take my place while I'm not here and well... that could take all night. I'll be back next morning, I know you won't leave without me" she said, trying to sound cool "see ya'll tomorrow" and then turned on her heels to find a way to sneak out of the building and reach the Pint's hideout. She had a difficult night ahead but... she felt good about that.

Last edited:
Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

He chuckled, blushing a little himself when Artemis locked their arms together. Man she was kind of clingy tonight. "Yes, it was kind of cute to watch too. You looked like you were on patrol." he lightly teased happily. He noticed Dendra vanishing out of the corner of his eye. Letting her spend the last night with her friends was for the best. He spent one last night with his family before he set off on his adventure, so in some ways he understood the need. Kiara was silently following behind them. He must have said something because she had cried earlier. It threw him off guard a little when she did, but he was glad both of them were becoming his Guardians. With three traveling with him, he'd feel safer. Chances were Dendra would probably have plenty of time to return because he'd still be asleep.

Thomas wasn't planning on leaving early. A good night sleep was something he was looking forward too. Grabbing a plate he gathered some food. Most of it was served in a buffet style, for the Gijinka or Human on the run. Not all humans that traveled the roads were trainers. Sure they had Gijinka body guards or friends, it was more of a job related matter. Thomas loved listening to the stories the Mercenary Gijinka would tell when they'd visit his Inn. Unlike Guardians, they got paid to do a job so there was more business than bonding involved. He missed his home a little but he'd contact them later and let them know he was safe. Thomas stopped to smile at Kiara. "Hey, sorry I know it's a bit overwhelming. I'm still new to this trainer thing so we'll learn as we go. Are you going to be alright?" he asked the Houndour with tender concern on his face and in his words.

He'd show her and Dendra the small shops the Inn provided later, they'd probably want some sturdier clothing to travel in. Artemis as well, but that was for later. Right now he wanted to eat and relax with them both. Thomas patiently waited for Kiara's reply as he munched on a bit of his food. He would need to have a one on one conversation with Artemis later. Sure the Houndour was a criminal still in the Aron's mind, it was rude to just bash her like that. Hearts could change if given enough love, it was a saying his Grandfather always said to him. Kiara might need more of him later. He'd make sure to slip away with the Houndour to talk and stuff. Though enough about bonding, all of them would have the time to do that on the road.

Artemis giggled and blushed at Thomas' comments. She looked down at the floor feeling her cheeks redden at the mention of being called cute. "Well... I sorta was on patrol... it's my duty to protect you" she mumbled happily. "You do walk slow though" she teased and gave him a playful nudge.

The aron already had her plate of food waiting for her. She unlinked her arm and went to sit at the table whilst the others got their food. She played with the food on her plate, her eyes always watching the pair as they spoke. Stop being so stupid... you are his guardian... he chose you first she scolded herself but she still couldn't shake the bad feeling she had of Kiara. She placed her fork in her mouth, taking a bite of her food but proceeded to chew on the fork prongs long after she'd eaten. Crumbling them between her teeth. Maybe she was just hangry...

Artemis remained silent as the other's joined her. She was still chewing on the fork as she had lost her apptetite for anything else. From the corner of her eye she could see other trainers and gijinka's looking at them, including the bagon and larvitar from earlier. The girl felt small under their gazes and eventually pushed her plate away "I need to get some fresh air..." she stated to no one in particilar, Thomas and Kiara seemed to busy conversing anyway. Picking up her spear and holding it's shaft tightly, Artemis headed for the door of the tavern and headed out into the woods.

There was only one thing that cleared her head in times like this.

Training.

Just her and and the open space. She didn't wander too far from the tavern. The golden lights from the frosted windows were always in view when she found herself somewhere to tuck away. It was dark, but the light of the moon reflecting through the trees guided her. She took a moment to collect her thoughts and draw a deep breath. She grasped her spear both hands and held it ready before slamming it down into the earth with all her might, her training regime beginning.

To Kiara’s surprise, Dendra’s demeannor was pleasant and playful. She had been so used to regarding her as an enemy, she had not been able to imagine her as a friend, or at least an ally. She mustered a smile and said, “Yeah, I guess we did, didn’t we?” She wasn’t sure what ‘jackpot’ Dendra was thinking of, but for Kiara, it was being accepted as she was for the first time in her life, as well as hope for a better future. She wasn’t sure what to make of Dendra’s gesture of leaving her plate of food. Kiara knew it hadn’t cost her anything, and that she was perfectly capable of going and getting her own food, but the idea of picking and choosing what she ate was foreign to her. She was used to eating whatever she could get her hands on. As Dendra was leaving, Kiara remembered it was appropriate to show gratitude, so she called out, “Thank you, D, er… Dendra.” She corrected herself, realizing there was no longer any need for anonymity.

Another surprise was when Thomas apologized for overwhelming her and admitted to being new to the trainer business. He had nothing to apologize for as far as she was concerned. “Yeah, I’m alright,” she said quietly, “I just didn’t expect so much kindness from you, especially after what I tried to do to you.” She picked through the plate of food, almost overwhelmed by the feast in front of her. It was full of surprises as well. The meat was soft and tender and full of flavor, unlike the tough and chewy bits she was used to. The bread was hot, moist, and airy, and there was no mold for her to pick off of it. The berries were plump, fresh, and sweet rather than shriveled up and sour. She ate her fill with child-like delight, savoring every tasty morsel.

She only grew concerned when Artemis got up and excused herself before leaving the table. It was then that she began to notice the attention of other trainers and gijinkas on her group. She couldn't help wondering if Artemis was just embarrassed of being seen with her, not that she could blame her. She must have been quite a sight with her torn and tattered clothes, her dirty and tangled hair, and the fresh tear-stains still on her cheeks. She couldn't help squirming a little as she suddenly became self-conscious, realizing she wouldn't know how to act if there were to be a confrontation. She could handle bullies on the streets just fine, but she had no clue what rules the thin veneer of civilization would now place upon her. Maybe the other people would leave them alone, she hoped. “Thomas,” she whispered with a slight quiver in her voice, “people are staring at us.” She focused on the plate in front of her, trying not to make eye contact with anybody.

It took Dendra some time to reach the cave hideout. Despite knowing well the area she was not a dark-type, her senses weren't that sharp. That and her own apprehensions were catching up to her. How strong was the bond between her and gang? Would they hate her? Envy her? Congratulate her? beat her up and send her unconscious to Thomas? She got so caught up in her thoughts that she tripped one of their own traps, a pitfall. "Shiiiit" she fell and landed heavily. Soon enough the Half-Pints were upon her with flashlight.
"Well well well, what have we here... Boss?" said Horn.
"Hey Horn, nice seeing you, I'd give you a highfive but, I'm down here!" she snapped back "thought this trap was a few meters north?"
"Oh. yeah, my bad" said Horn deadpan
"Just spit me a rope and get me outta here." she demands.

Once inside Dendra informed them of her being chosen as a Guardian. "Turns out we made some sort of connection back there, he saw me as all should, beautiful, powerful, smart... he couldn't bear not to have me. So I'm going, see if I can become even better, as if you can polish perfection but we'll try... and when I am stronger I'll come back and spread the wealth"
"... you're joking right?" said Horn
"Yeah Boss, you said it yourself, Gijinka like us don't get picked up as Guardians, we only need each other... was that one of your loads of crap?" said Barb
"If you wanna leave us Boss, we understand," said Fang "but don't try to pull a fast one on us"
"Yeah... thought we were past that" pointed out Slick
"Guys... I'm serious this is your..." she sighed and took off her glasses "This is Den speaking... somehow some goody-two-shoes kid saw me and he didn't see a pile of flaming trash. I don't wanna leave you guys, but this is my one chance to go out and prove myself... I'm leavin' and I need to know I can come back" The pints look at each other and chuckle.
"Well... seems someone finally had some taste" said Barb. "and someone got some guts"
"Yeah if its gonna be one of us, makes sense it's the Boss." said Slick
"Just makes sense really, but we're behind you, in your heart and your back. Once a half-pint, always a halfpint" said Fang
Horn puts his hand on her shoulder "We'll be fine Boss, you trained us well... just get us some of that 'wealth' sooner than later huh? And... I assume you have some parting orders"
"You guys..." She puts up her hood, her glasses on and smirks triumphantly. "Now yes, I need to leave you all goobers some guides from when I'm gone... First, Horn, you're my number two, you're the Boss until I come back, you better be the big Kakuna at least by then, got it?"
Horn groaned at the pun but nodded "Yeah, understood."
"Barb, stay strong girl, train and fight, you're born to be a queen, own it!"
"Yes ma'am!"
"Fang... work on that attitude, work on those screams, fly high and fly fast... make me proud"
"y-yes!"
"Slick, I'd tell you to be less of a slob or to shape up but I know you thrive on that shit, just keep bein' your best self"
"You know it boss!"
"Good, now I sneaked out some snacks from the Inn, they're fucking great, so today we feast!" she said emptying her bloated pockets. The Poison Half-Pints ate to their hearts content and then passed out.

Last edited:
Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

Thomas quietly ate, he felt it too. Glares of unworthiness seemed to trickle down his back. Artemis had left, and Kiara was starting to sound nervous. He reached up and softly placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. It was then he could finally hear them. A few of the watching gijinka laughing, the trainers happily sneering and mocking them.

"Look at that Guardian! She's in rags! Well I guess rags are enough for that commoner."

"Hah! I'll bet they won't make it past the first Gateway! The Croagunk left and now the Aron! They must be so embarrassed in having a normal, boring looking trainer like him!"

"Well they all look homely themselves. Did you see the Croagunk? She looked more like a thug, it's the same with the Houndour. I guess he can't afford to give her nice clothing!"

"They're all dual types anyway. Dual types are weak to everything! I doubt they'll even make it through the next forest!"

"Heh, I'll take you up on that bet! I'm glad I'm not his Guardian! What a silly Human."

Before more jeering could be heard Thomas instantly stood up. "SHUT UP!" he shouted his hands were clenched in fists. Normally he would just ignore people making fun of him, especially the rich kids who also took part of this festival. When they would visit his Inn, they all would make fun of him and his family so he was used to it, but his Guardians deserved more respect. "Say what the heck you want to say about me! I get it, I'm the "commoner"!" he spoke loudly to the other trainers, guardians, and gijinka that had surrounded his table with their comments. "I don't care what you all think of me! No one makes fun of my Guardians! Each of them is strong, stronger than all you realize! Mock me all you want, but show some respect to my Guardians! If you think you're better than us go right ahead and prove it to me! Win the Festival this year, as what I've been told no one has for the past four years!" he took a moment to catch his breath. The chattering, however, had been replaced with silence.

He didn't like to have his buttons pushed, to be backed in a corner and watch those he cared deeply about being mocked or hurt. Glancing over at Kiara he gently placed a hand on her shoulder, giving a light reassuring squeeze. The other trainers, gijinka, and guardians, slowly began to dissipate, leaving only Thomas and Kiara in the lunch hall. He took a moment and sat down with a sigh. "Don't listen to them. I'm proud you're my Guardian. Tomorrow I'll show you where the shops are so we can get you and Dendra some traveling clothes. I need a few things too actually, like a new pair of shoes. I hadn't realized traveling for this long took a tole on my feet. Lucky for us we all share a room, and there are private baths in there, so if you want to take a bath in privacy you can. I'm not saying you look horrible, but maybe a refreshing bath will help ease any unwanted nerves. Plus I've been to the room it's very nice, with enough beds and space to have a good night's sleep." tears were in his eyes when he spoke to her.

Kiara could notice the pain in them, not for her but for himself. Thomas had to be tough, to protect his Guardians from slipping into a mindset of self-doubt. Though words did hurt and he was kind of tired of being picked on for being himself. Wiping his eyes he blushed as his eyes darted away from hers. "I think I'm going to...go to bed myself. You're welcome to finish eating or just follow me back to the room. I don't mind. Don't worry about Artemis she's probably just as annoyed as I am. Kiara don't be upset, I know all you wanted from me was money to survive. It wasn't like you were after my life earlier and even if you were, you would have taken it. I forgive you for attacking us, I'm sure Artemis does too. Try to clear your mind and get some rest okay? if you wish to stay our room number is 823. I'll leave the door unlocked." he softly stated standing up and giving her a light hug before leaving Kiara to her self. Thomas hopes that she wasn't too upset or hurt by the mocking. It might be a common thing for a while, until they evolved.

~~~~~~

Thomas entered the bedroom and quickly shut the door wiping his eyes as more tears had fell. He went to one of the beds and took off his shoes. Changing into a sweatshirt and pajama bottoms he brushed his teeth and relaxed on one of the beds. Pulling out the Trainers Tablet he noticed the phone button icon had a little ! point to it. Home had tried to give him a call a few hours ago. That's right he needed to let them know he was safe. Pushing the button he figured everyone would be in bed, as the screen changed to one of the offices. Though after a few minutes he heard singing, as a hefty and beautiful, stoutland woman wearing a head maid's outfit had entered the room. With long brown hair, mixed with a bit of while her large ears twitched happily. She was stout due to the fact she loved stuffing her face but his Grandfather had always said she was like that, even back when she was a Lillipup.

Gretchen was married to the police chief of the city, a shy Arcainine man who had caught her eye when they were young. She had a beautiful rounded face with freckles and soft eyes that seemed to glow with a loving and motherly touch even though she tried to act tough. Just watching her work and sing made him feel a little better, yet just as he was about to turn off the phone. "Thomas!? Oi! My little Thomas oh we've all been so worried about ye!" he blushed a little when she picked up the pad, they were mailed when he became a trainer, and took a seat. Her motherly eyes seemed to scan his and she frowned a little. "Everything alright?" she asked in her soft and lovely irish accent. Gretchen was a family friend and had worked at his grandfather's Inn long before Thomas had existed. She was like a second mother to him, and even pretended she was. When those words his hit ears he began to tear up again. Nothing got past this woman, even if you tried to fake your emotions.

So he told her everything, letting the small pain out. About how he was nervous that first night, how excited he was and scared when Artemis and he had chose each other. How he had met Kiara and Dendra, all the way to the current events. Not once did the woman put the device down, she just stared at him with a loving and understanding expression, nodding occasionally until Thomas had run out of words. Normally if he had been hurt in the past she'd hug the pain away, but one of her calloused hands softly touched the pad and he placed his ontop of her image. "I miss you all...I hope I can...make my Guardians proud..." he sobbed finally. He was proud of his Guardians, he just hoped they felt the same about him.

"Oi quit your face leaking Laddie!" Gretchen stated with a furrowed brow. "Ye just begun, so there will be a few knots in the road from time ta time! The Thomas I know had never quit even when he was sick. If ye can sweep all the rooms within three hours, keep up with washing all the dishes, and remember every room that our guests stay in, then this journey is nothing. Don't let people get to ye, just trust in those who have decided to share their hearts with ye!" she smiled letting out a laugh. "Yer heart is the biggest and brightest thing about ye! I could tell from the moment I held you in me arms when you were a wee potato baby. We all miss ye, and are proud of ye too. We all love ye so don't worry Laddie. Even if this journey gets rough and ye cannot do anymore then ye and your Guardians have a home here. Yet I know you'll succeed Thomas, just believe in yourself and the Guardians that have vowed to fight for ye. Kindness and Love are a sharpened sword that can cut into the darkest of hearts leaving a path of warmth and freedom. I dunno much about this gang stuff but it seems like they've all made their peace. Ooh me little potato is growing up to be such a fine and handsome spud!" she stated using part of her dress to wipe happy tears from her eyes. Thomas's face was red as a tomato. Sometimes her words were too much, but he felt better. When the whole family was awake he'd call them again, no doubt she'd tell on him before he could explain. "Speaking of potatoes..." he voice suddenly melted into a proud and smooth motherly tone.

Thomas glanced back at the tablet to watch her move it to her pudgy stomach, she placed a hand on it and he gasped. "Wait-Gretchen you're-" instantly she moved the tablet up to her beaming face, nodding proudly. "Aye! Herbert and I have finally begun to start our own little potato patch! Oh ye should have seen how excited he was when he heard the news of my pregnancy! Me hubby is a kind and silly man, been like that ever since he was a pup himself." she happily stated, "Ye aren't the only one who's beginning to follow yer dreams! Hopefully ye'll be back before the twins are born. We just found out last week, ugh an' I'm starting to feel it. Hopefully I won't have to be rolled around the Inn to finish my chores in the coming months! I owe yer family so much, but they're happy to. Herbert's been talking to them too, it's so cute. Don't worry we'll keep ye posted and stuff! When ye get back ye'll have two little potato pups following their Uncle Thomas around!" both of them smiled at each other as the call ended. Thomas felt better and happy. For three years Gretchen and her husband have been talking about having a family after they had gotten married. It was nice to hear that, his family always knew what to say. Closing his eyes he took in a deep breath, and released it. This was his journey, and the Guardians that followed him were counting on him to remain strong for them.

Placing the tablet in the bag, he settled into his comfy bed and fell asleep. Tomorrow would be a brighter day, and his journey had just gotten started. Three Guardians! He couldn't believe it!

Kiara watched as Thomas did the very thing that she was afraid she would do, and she realized it was unfair for her to expect him to be perfectly strong all the time. She couldn't blame him for lashing out though. Had she still been living on the streets, she certainly would have, and she would have been ready to fight if needed. This time however, she didn’t want to fight. She was afraid she would get Thomas in trouble by acting out and somehow disqualify from the competition. And even if she didn’t get him into trouble, she knew her own behavior would seem to validate what they were saying. She knew she didn’t have Artemis’s solid steel stance nor Dendra’s quick wit. She was relieved when they cleared out and left her and Thomas alone, then he gave her some reassuring words and excused himself, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

She remained where she was, forcing herself to finish the plate in front of her. She no longer had much appetite, but she had learned to not let food go to waste. She wasn’t worried about what anybody thought about her. She was used to it. But just like Thomas, hearing hurtful words spoken about those she cared for made her blood boil. Even so, his kind words did make her feel better about herself.

What really haunted her was the hurt that she saw in his face and heard in his voice. She suddenly realized she had begun to see him as some kind of saint, but now she could see that really he was a person with needs and fears and insecurities just like herself, and if he needed support, she should give it, especially if he considered her to be one his guardians. She also started seeing insecurities in the other teams, especially when they fell silent after Thomas challenged them to win the competition, and she could almost laugh at how simple it seemed to her. They were afraid of a ‘commoner’ showing them up. She made a vow to herself to do her part to make sure that happened. She would give everything she had not just to protect him, but to win this competition for him.

After she finished eating, she found her way to their room and knocked before letting herself in and finding Thomas already asleep. It took her a few minutes to figure out how the shower worked, since she was usually lucky to get to bathe in the cold water of a creek. She did like the hot water from the tap and how she could stand under it and let the water run over her, taking all the dirt and grime with it. She didn’t have a brush or comb, but she did her best to work the tangles out of her hair with her fingers. She cleaned herself up as best she could, using the soap and shampoo that the inn provided. Just as Thomas had said, when the hot water washed the dirt and grime off of her body, it also washed away the negative thoughts clouding her mind.

After her shower, she put her dirty clothes back on since she had nothing else to wear and tried to go to bed. She assumed Artemis would want the one closest to Thomas, so she settled for the next one over. She laid down and pulled the covers up to her head, but she found the bed too soft, and while comfortable, she felt like she was sinking down into it. She just wasn’t used to sleeping on a bed and needed something firmer. She soon got up and laid down of the floor near the foot of Thomas’s bed, just wrapping herself in the blankets to stay warm. She would sleep there through the night.

Artemis worked herself harder and harder against the cold of the night. With every blow she struck into the ground, her rage built as the echo of the taunts from the tavern filled her mind.

'They're all dual types anyway. Dual types are weak to everything! I doubt they'll even make it through the next forest!'

'What does that Aron think she is?! She looks ridiculous!'

'There's a reason people like them aren't allowed to enter!'

The pented anger grew and grew until Artemis couldn't concentrate anymore. She took a step forward, missed her footing and tumbled to the ground in a clumsy display. She knelt on the ground, head hung as warm breath escaped her lips quickly. Tears burned at the corner of her eyes as she sat in silence.

She needed to get stronger. She was suppose to have a heart and will of steel! So why did all this bother her? The taunts of the tavern, Kiara's attack and her ability to have become a guardian with very little effort all added fuel to Artemis' own self loathing. Maybe.. despite all her best efforts, she wasn't that strong. Her heartbeat in rapid succession making her take long breaths to try and steady herself. How could she protect Thomas when she couldn't focus on herself? This needed to her main focus!

Shakily, she pushed herself up onto her feet using her staff as a support. A throbbing ache rushed through her limbs where she had pushed her body. Forgetting it had still been recovering from the earlier fight. The night had turned bitterly cold and she was grateful for the warmth of the tavern as she opened the doors and heading inside. It was super late now and most trainers and gijinkas had retired to their rooms. Artemis approached the front desk to see the Kricketune who had greeted them previously. It didn't take long for him to notice her and was able to point her in the direction of their shared room.

Artemis gently knocked on the door but didn't expect anyone to be awake. However she had expected to be the last one to bed. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dark, making out the sleeping form of Thomas as the strange bundle at the foot of his bed. She snorted and shook her head, realising it was the houndour and turned away. Maybe Thomas had told her dogs can't sleep on the furniture? She made her way to the nearest undisturbed bed that had been left for her and sat down on it quietly, not wanting to disturb the trainer. Silently she kicked off her boots and unclipped her metal visor from her hair, setting it down on table. Lastly she unbuckled her large waist belt and pouches and rested them down beside the visor.

With a tired yawn, the girl pulled back the covers and tucked herself up. She drew her knees close to her body as she lay on her side. It wasn't long before the tired pokemon had drifted off to sleep.

Dendra ate her fill along with her team. The dinner and subsequent party were short but sweet, as it was late already and they had been drinking. The Pints had arranged some inflatable mattresses in the main room of the cave hideout, and eventually, one by one fell asleep. Dendra was left looking at the cave ceiling, her clothes in a pile beside the mattress. Thinking if she was doing the smart thing, the right thing or if this was an ego trip. The Pints... would survive, they were scrappy, and they were fine before she found them. Something nagged at her, pulling out her flip phone, browsing through her contact list, closing it, and opening the hardy scuffed up old piece of hardware. She wasn't feeling guilty, was she? No... she felt scared, of what the voice on the other side. She had run away and had been avoiding her family for a few weeks now, not the first time she did it either... Did they deserve to know? After all the first person that told her she would never amount to more than a Batida, while smiling, was her own mother. Their success and how to measure it was limited... but she still cared for them, and carried their techniques with her. She flipped it open and dialed the number, hoping no one would pick, that she could just leave a message. So, of course, a tired voice came and picked up the phone.
"This better be a crank call, or the phone stolen... because I don't really want to talk with the ingrate on the other line otherwise," said a man, the voice of one of Dendra's older brothers.
"Wow, that's a pretty big word for so late, Andino" sniped Dendra, her voice without vitriol, more sleepy than anything, and perhaps more than a bit drunken.
"Ok, I'm hanging up, eat shit and die Den"
"Wait, hang on!" she said a bit lethargic "Don't you wanna know what you'r baby sister's been up to?"
"dragging the family name through the dirt I bet, I don't really need details, the rumors are enough"
"Hey that's not fair!"
"Den... we both know is more than fair, you're... just a thug, not a cool one either"
"Well... this thug is going away, maybe for good."
"Bullshit, like you have the guts, you're going to be with those cronies of yours for a bit and then you're gonna come home, begging for a warm bed, and some of dad's tea"
"I found a trainer. And I'm leaving."
"... what did you do? sleep with him? bribe him with store coupons? Is he for real?"
"None of that, I got lucky, and I'm leaving tomorrow. His name is Thomas"
"Wait, wait, wait... the inn boy? the infamous commoner? that guy?"
"Er..."
"That's perfect for you, knew it couldn't be one of the nobles."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, you're both runts, both could use some growing. Might get awkward though, was rooting for him, don't know if I can root for you"
"Ok now I'm hanging up"
"Wow... you dish it but still can't take it huh Den... maybe he can cure your cowardice."
"Who are you calling a coward bastard?"
"I'm not a bastard you... heheh, you little shit"
"You sooo are one though... Look can you tell everybody? I'd rather not go through this with... well"
"Mom?"
"Yeah."
"I'll see what I can do. Call someday, let us know when you're fighting. You're gonna get blown up sooo hard."
"Deal, you guys can see me shine from the cheap seats... see if I care about ya'll when I make it big"
"Yeah? good fucking luck!"
"Thanks! Fuck you!"
"Den, seriously take care, I don't wanna see your death televised or some junk"
"Oh eat my entire ass Ando. Sleep well"
"same you little shit"
She hung up and soon after drifted off into pleasant, ass-kicking, dreams.

Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

Morning arrived and Thomas awoke. Slowly sitting up he yawned a bit as his sleepy eyes began to adjust to the light pouring into the room. The events of yesterday had all but melted away, today was a new day. Glancing over he noticed Artemis sleeping in a bed next to him, her armor by her bed. So she had returned from getting some fresh air, that was a relief. As he quietly stepped out of his bed he noticed Kiara was sleeping on the foot of his bed, on the ground wrapped in a blanket. Why? She had all the soft comforts of a bed of her own and she chose to lay on the ground? He smiled softly at her sleeping face before he quietly stepped over her body and grabbed his bag. Taking a small shower, he got dressed and left the room to get some breakfast to take back. As he entered the dining area he noticed there was a spread of donuts and other pastries, poffins, and other easy to access breakfast foods. He poured himself some coffee and began to fill a few plates with some fruits and pastries and other small breakfast oddities for the trio. He had hoped to see Dendra happily stuffing her face, but he couldn't spot her among the few gijinka and humans.

Though it looked like it was a different crowd, the trainers and their mocking gijinka must have left already. Perhaps they were taking his threat to heart and he silently chuckled to that. Thomas hated being pushed that far, normally it didn't bother him what people thought of him. Maybe he snapped because his guardians were being mocked? It was an odd feeling of watching someone you care about just get hammered with hateful words. Hopefully the rest of the journey would be smooth. Deciding to grab some juice and milk to add to the tray of breakfast stacked plates he headed back to the bedroom a bit awkwardly. Little much had changed since he left, while he had felt refreshed no doubt Gijinka needed more sleep. After all they were doing the fighting. Happily munching on a doughnut he flicked through his tablet and began to study the map. They were going to be entering the thicker part of the forest, but it seemed like there was a city smack dab in the middle of some plains afterwards. So maybe the trip would only take a day or two, he would need to make sure he had enough supplies.

Plus all three of his Guardians needed clothing. Hopefully Dendra would show up soon, he also had made a plate out for her in case she was running late. Though Thomas wasn't planning on leaving until all of his Guardians were with him, well-fed, refreshed, and ready to venture into the unknown with him. He stopped a moment when he realized the forest they were entering was home to Ghost Type Gijinka. That worried him, he was kind of afraid of them. Still his Guardians would be able to handle any ghostly threats that came their way. For now, he quietly ate reading about types and everything on his tablet. After all, he needed to keep his mind sharp and clever so that his Guardians could fight and grow strong with ease.

Last edited:
As Thomas flicked through his map and studied for the day agead, a groan could be heard from Artemis' direction as she rolled over. She blinked herself awake, her body aching from pushing it last night. Aching was good though... she told herself. It meant she had worked hard and her body was being tested. Groggily, she pushed herself awake to look at the trainer and a small smile formed on her face.

It warmed her heart to already see him up and by the looks of it studying. In a way they were very similar. He was devouted to his cause of the tournament, just as she was to aiding his quest and protecting. "Morning..." she yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as the room materialised around her and came into focus, "Did you sleep well?" she asked, pulling her blankets around her shoulders to keep her warm.

Artemis had a niggling feeling in her, she felt like she should apologise to Thomas for just walking off last night without saying anything. Part of her wanted too, but the other part didn't want to admit to admit she had been training. Just incase the houndour would conveniantly wake and jibe her for being weak. She let out a sigh she had been holding in and reached for a glass of orange juice that been left by her bed. She took a small sip and nursed the glass in her hands, looking down to it. "Sorry... I came to bed so late..." she finally spoke up, "I just needed to get out. I didn't mean to leave you with those trainers, in truth I thought you might follow me, and when you didn't I knew I couldn't come back so soon, and and..." a barrage of excuses left her mouth as she kept her eyes down looking at her glass. "I just hope you're ok... those trainers know nothing..."

Kiara awoke about the same time that Artemis began stirring. She opened her eyes and quickly closed them again as she saw the bright sunlight filling the room. As much as her fire-type side liked the sun, the dark-type side of her hated it, and her dark side tended to be dominant when she slept. Once she heard Artemis start speaking, she pretended to still be sleeping. She heard the apology to Thomas, but she couldn't help wondering if Artemis meant it, and she didn’t know if she doubted Artemis or if it was just her own darkness affecting her perception.

What concerned her more was that she had apparently slept through a great deal of activity. Artemis had to have entered the room at some point. Thomas must have come and gone to get the food that she smelled. And she had slept soundly through it all. In the Nightfire hideout, she was usually the first to wake up, and that was at least in part motivated by the constant need to watch her back. She couldn’t help wondering what made her let her guard down. Was she losing her edge? Did she feel safe with these two? She didn’t want to admit to either. Maybe it was just because it was the first time in ages that she had been able to sleep without having any nightmares.

As the cobwebs cleared from her mind, she grew restless and could no longer pretend to be sleeping. She stretched out and yawned, pulling herself out from the blankets she had wrapped herself in. She left them in a pile on the floor. She reached around to scratch an itch on her back, but it was just out of reach either way she turned. With her body being clean, she could really notice how dirty her clothes were. She gave up on scratching on the itch to accept the food and drink that Thomas had brought for her. “Guess I slept a little late, didn’t I?” she said sheepishly.

While she was eating, she had a question for Thomas. “Last night, you said that no one has won the festival in the last four years. I had assumed the winner was whoever came out on top in the tournament at the end, but if that were the case, wouldn't there always be a winner? If that’s not it, then what does it take to actually win the festival?”

Last edited:
Dendra woke up and yawned before looking at the digital clock that rested in a nearby stone shelf. Her eyes widened "Shit I slept in!" She exclaimed and scrambled to get ready and get back at the Inn. She rummaged through her clothes and tried to see if she had any that were more... presentable. Yesterday's had been burned by Kiara. Another had tears into it, other was stained, the next set had cuts and slashes. She finally settled into one that had a couple of small tears, and was a bit crinkled but otherwise looked good. She smelled herself and realized she hadn't taken a shower in the Inn last night... and she kicked herself for it. She just used a waft of body spray to hide her musk before setting out, leaving behind a note to her still sleeping companions and headed out.

Soon, probably not a soon as she'd wanted but still, she was walking in through the front door of the Inn as she ran the place, hood down, trading dirty looks with smirks and cocky smiles. She looked for Thomas, Kiara, and Artemis and found them eating... and there was a plate already set out for her. She was expected and... wanted around. That hit her harder than it probably should. She puffed her chest, picked up a mug of coffee and headed over to join them. "Mornin'" she greeted everybody, and sat "Hope ya'll slept well, and that you're still not sore from my poison, K" she said at Kiara, smug still that she got a hit on her. She began eating, as much as she hated to admit it Inn food was better than vending machine food.

Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

Thomas softly smiled at Artemis when she spoke. That girl was over worried, did he make her feel like she was walking on egg shells? She asked if he was alright and mentioned the mocking trainers the other day. "Eh, I'm used to it, dealing with being made fun of." he replied with a sigh. "Back before I was even chosen some of the trainers would stay at my grandfather's Inn. I'd be sweeping or something and just be made fun of, or be forced to clean up messes. I never really honestly thought that being kind of normal was worth being made fun of?" he shook his head and glanced off sadly for a moment. "I mean yes it hurts, I do have a heart after all, but I can't let their painful words get to me. Seeing this world is my dream, I never thought I'd become a Trainer to achieve it, but I don't mind."

Frowning a moment he wasn't sure why he was just letting his words fall. Maybe because he could be honest with this trio? "You're all very powerful, I...I just hope I won't weigh you down. I've heard that Gijinka change when they evolve and stuff. Humans can't do that, so I don't really know if that rumor is true or not. I just hope that I don't lag too much behind when you've all fully evolved and stuff." he blushed admitting that shyly. All of them were here now, eating with him. All of them could evolve, while he would remain the same. That thought had been on his mind from the start, and it scared him a little. Watching someone you care about evolve, change body and mind completely. Would all three of them always stay this...kind? No, now wasn't the time for doubt Thomas trusted them. "S-Sorry, it's not something I can do so I don't really know much about evolution. Some of the Gijinka that worked at the Inn told me it was like a rush of emotion, a feeling of something snapping and then growing. It sounds odd...heh, to be honest. I'm not familiar with much of this whole experience. Watching you all fight last night kind of opened my eyes. Sure a battle is a battle on a television screen but seeing it first hand, sort of feeling the air change around you. It's amazing and a little frightening. You're all used to it but, I felt so bad for your friends that got hurt. When you used your earthquake about half of the teams hit the dirt. I-I had thought we accidentally killed them." Thomas hoped he wasn't sounding like a wuss. He was just being honest, it was good to be honest actually. Giving them all a smile he blushed a bit more.

"Though I feel protected too. Your auras feel so nice. When we all connected last night I felt like we could accomplish anything. Sorry for getting kind of real I just felt like being honest. Kiara, most trainers never make it to the summit with their personal guardians. The summit is a big Colosseum where Gladiators fight. The journey to the summit is a long one, some bonds break I've read. When that happens it's over, then the trainer is whisked to the summit to perform a traditional battle and the festival ends. I'm not in a hurry though so you all weren't late. All that fighting and using your powers must wear you all out. Dendra, Artemis, Kiara, do what you need this morning to prepare your selves. Take showers, eat a hearty breakfast, I'll want to take you all to the small clothing shop in this Inn though to get some sturdier clothing for the long trip ahead. I need to go there anyway, while I was downstairs the Innkeeper told me I had a package waiting for me." he stated with a nod. Kiara and Dendra needed clothing more, but it would be rude to just say that out front. Hopefully Artemis wouldn't mind or understand. Thomas wasn't being rude he just figured they could all get a good meal in them, and feel refreshed before they left for the woods that day. Thomas would need to gather supplies, for every Inn he would visit he would be given a bit of money. It was kind of a reward for getting to it. That was the card he was given last night, so with the added funds they could afford some supplies and new clothing for all his Guardians if they desired. Something in his heart was telling him that it would be a while before they'd reach another Inn. "By the way Good morning! I hope you all slept well too! There's a buffet downstairs if you're still hungry for more. Sorry to kind of just talk your ears off this morning."

Last edited:
Kiara slowly ate her breakfast, feeling more rested than she could ever remember feeling. She couldn't help cracking a smile when Dendra approached and jabbed her about the hit she had gotten on her. She could hardly blame her though. Dendra had played a part in beating her (and saving her) and deserved some credit after all, but that didn’t mean she would give it outright. “Nah,” she said lightly, “the antidote took care of that. My feet are a little sore from Artemis’s earthquake, though. I couldn't help noticing you’ve changed clothes. What happened to the ones you had yesterday? Oh, did they get burned? You should feel honored, that fire was meant for Artemis. Did she ever thank you for helping her beat me?” She made sure Artemis heard that last bit.

She found Thomas’s talk overwhelming, especially the part about evolving, which was something that Kiara had long since convinced herself was beyond her capability. Still, hearing him talk about it seemed to have lit some kind of spark inside her. Was it possible that she too could one day evolve? Could she become that much more than the piece of street trash she saw in the mirror? Perhaps with with his help, she could. Was that what Dendra meant when she said having would make you stronger? She tried to imagine herself as a Houndoom, but she just couldn't picture it. There was still that spark, and she couldn't help dreaming of the day when it might become a full-fledged fire, even if it seemed out of her reach.

Then there was his answer to her question. The statement seemed heavy. ‘Most trainers never make it to the summit with their personal guardians.’ It must be a difficult journey, and the thought of making such a journey herself overwhelmed her. I wonder if I have what it takes, she couldn’t help thinking. In spite of her self-doubt, she knew she had to try, not for herself, but for the man who showed her so much kindness that she didn’t deserve. “What do we have to do?” she blurted out. “What does it take to make sure our bonds don’t break?”

Dendra looked at Kiara and raised a brow. She would be sorer, and more eager to trash talk but this was damn good. Screw it, why would she pass up an opportunity to spit barbs and talk shit. "Yeah, you damn well almost left me in my skivvies, bet you'd like that eh flame bitch?" She said, her taunting tone more tinged with playfulness rather than vitriol "Yeah we both ate it really hard, my bones are still rattling a bit... and no" She looked at the would-be knight "I don't believe shiny face here never gave me my proper thanks, look I'm not going t'ask you to kiss my boot let just admit we both brought stuff to the fight eh? That I gave ya your opening for that earth-shake?" She wiggled her hips as if to emphasize her meaning.

When Thomas bared his heart to them Dendra was a bit moved and a bit scared, but simply smirked, trying to shake off those emotions as she lean over and put her hand on Thomas' shoulder "Hey don't worry, even if you're weak you'll tye us together, and give us the guts and strength to kick the ass of anybody that gets between us and our dreams." And since she was on a roll she looks at Kiara and points at her "I'll tell ya what you do, you fight, you fight for till it hurts! especially if that means that I won't hurt" she said and leaned back and ate a couple more bites before listening to Thomas' plans "Sounds good" She stood "I'm gonna take a bath then, nobody peek!" she said as she headed to the bathroom. Once in she stripped and turned on the shower. A bitter chuckle was given, sure, as if anyone would like a peek.

Artemis was quiet, her thoughts mulling over her mind as she listened to Thomas speak. She'd barely even noticed Dendra had returned as she nursed her orange juice in her hands. "Evolving... It's what any gijinka strives to achieve" she spoke with a longing in her voice as she looked up to see the full group had returned and was looking at her. "Evolving well... it completes us. My Papi always told me it's not the power of the gijinka that gets them to evolve, but the strength of their heart... combined with knowledge and skill but most of all... trust." Her eyes glanced towards Kiara as she spoke the last part, her blue eyes hardening, clear her untrust of her was still apparent.

She looked away and glanced towards Thomas, her gaze softening and a proud smile curled up on her lips. "Evolving takes a lot of patience and skill, it comes with hard work and dedication." she glanced briefly at Kiara and Dendra again, "It doesn't just land in your lap because you got lucky" there was a grumble to her voice, clearly she was still miffed they had landed being a guardian by luck rather than working hard. She took a sip of her orange juice then reached forward to take Thomas' hand in her own, "If anyone is going to help us achieve evolution, Thomas, It'll be you I know!"

She quickly let go of Thomas' hand as she heard the remarks against her from Kiara and Dendra, "Keep acting like that and you'll never evolve, nor carry on being a guardian! You have no idea what it takes or the dedication involved." Although she acted tough, Artemis feared Kiara's fire. Fire hurt, it destroyed things, it... killed. She shuddered at a memory long forgotten and rubbed her arm where she had been previously hit. Although she was healed, the memory of the fire still licked at her skin and it hurt her. She glanced towards Dendra and narrowed her eyes, "I... don't believe I have anything to thank you for...?" she asked rather confused, watching the girl get and up leave for the showers. She brushed her hands through her hair to comb it out and sighed.

Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

He smiled at Dendra giving her a nod. It was reassuring that they would all have his back. Thomas couldn't fight, or use magic or anything. Humans were weak but their hearts held auras. Not all auras were loving and kind as his, some of them were filled with other emotions. Any Gijinka exposed with any kind of aura evolved once total trust and their hearts had alligned. Gijinka evolved naturally, because they could resonate with their families, though with Humans they evolved a bit faster. Depending on the aura the evolved Gijinka acted differently and possibly were more powerful. Most of what he had learned about auras is what Humans were taught. It was part of their education. In case one day they would be needed to help evolve an army or used. Some humans had more terrible fates than Thomas. Even though laws have been past in dark corners of the world some Humans are slaves, their auras are used to help evolve gijinka faster. It was one of the reasons he needed guardians in the first place.

There could be a point where he could be enslaved if he was on his own. Just like Humans, not all Gijinka were kind. He was glad Dendra, Artemis, and Kiara, were. Despite Artemis's odd behavior towards Kiara, she didn't see what Thomas saw. Dendra and Kiara both had auras that had been weakened. When he resonated with them both he could feel their hearts, yearning. Emotion was a strong tool that Humans possessed. In his hands he could either abuse his aura for his own benefit or truly help all three of them evolve. Artemis would evolve through her own way, she was strong and determined but he felt that Kiara and Dendra would need a bit more love. Still he would have to talk to the Aron later, get her alone and ask what her problem was. Was she upset at him choosing two gang members as his Guardians? Status had nothing to do with it, he knew when he had locked eyes with them both, that they were going to belong in his group.

"Just be yourself Kiara. You're not a member of that gang anymore, you're a Guardian. All of us are your family, it might take some time to consider Artemis and Dendra as sisters, but yeah. You have a place where you belong." Thomas softly replied then got up to pull the Houndour into a warm and embracing hug. "If there is anything on your mind or heart don't hide it. Come talk to me. I'm here for you always. You all are supposed to protect me, and it's my job to aid you in any way I can." he cooed as he nuzzled their cheeks together. Kiara's body felt so warm, he kind of enjoyed cuddling her. Letting go of the Houndour he walked over to Artemis and pulled her into a cuddle. Dendra had wandered off to take a shower, which was fine. He would try to spend some time with her later. "Hey, there's more to hard work and dedication. Love is a key as well. I never realized how pretty your eyes were actually. Then again you never take off your helmet." her body also felt a bit soft without her armor. He blushed a little.

Pulling away he stood up and stretched. He was done eating and wanted to do some shopping. He placed a hand on Kiara's shoulder. "I'm going to do a little shopping. How about we get you some new clothes? I need to pick up something at the clothing shop anyway. Artemis, you can come along if you want, if not could you let Dendra know? She needs a new clothing too. We're going to be entering ghost gijinka territory so I'd want you all fully protected." he stated shivering at the very thought of even having to come across Ghost types. They scared him and seemed unpredictable. Kiara and Artemis would shine a bit in the woods, Dendra would be fine as well. So he wasn't all too afraid. He wasn't sure if they could sense his fear or not though, not that their hearts had connected they probably could sense his emotions and fears as well. It's what brought them all closer together. In the end love would the real key to unlocking their evolutions. Artemis was probably someone who just overworked herself too much. Eventually hard work and dedication would fail, but he was glad she had the mind set of protecting him.

What would it feel like with a full team of six? Would they all get along? Hopefully Kiara and Artemis wouldn't start fighting, he wanted his journey to be filled with love, happiness, and laughter. It sounded cheesy but the more he kept them all happy the easier they would learn to evolve so it would benefit them as well.

Last edited:
Kiara couldn't keep her anger down this time when Artemis spoke. “You’re so damned self-righteous and arrogant!” she snapped. “You talk about hard work and dedication as if you had any idea what ‘hard’ is. All that food you wasted last night tells me that your life has been way too easy. Everyone in Nightfire has to work harder than you know at risk of life and limb just to get a pinch of what you so callously threw away without a passing thought. And we all know you only beat me ‘cause Dendra joined the fight, and I will thank her for helpin’ you win ‘cause I’m glad I lost. Sorry if I ain’t good enough for you, but you’re stuck with me ‘cause I ain’t goin’ back to Nightfire. Even if this don’t work out for me, I ain’t goin’ back to that life ever again.”

She could have gone on and on, but something about Thomas disarmed her. The sound of his voice comforted her as his words reassured her that belonged, that she mattered. It would take her some time to get used to that. When she was with Nightfire, she had never been made to feel like she was important to anyone, not even when she returned to base after a successful raid. Tears welled up in her eyes as she returned his hug, letting his calm and cool embrace relax her, gently easing her anger and frustration. “Nobody’s ever wanted me like this before,” she softly whispered, “I promise I won’t let you down, and I’ll do my best to evolve for you.” She still wasn’t sure she could do it, and the way Artemis talked down to her didn’t help, but she would give it her best. When he let go of her, she wiped her eyes and sat down to finish her breakfast.

Kiara promised to do her best as a guardian. She didn’t mind Dendra’s banter so much, and she didn’t think Dendra had a problem with hers. She saw no reason they couldn't enjoy teasing each other, and she couldn't see any problem with continuing to do so just because Artemis had no sense of humor. Drama to the side, she found herself looking forward to shopping for new clothes, although she was apprehensive about it considering she had never shopped for anything before. The only things she had that were purchased were her coat and boots, and those were from a thrift store. The rest of her clothes had been scavenged from dumpsters. She felt slightly guilty, but she was eager to get new clothes for the first time in her life.

"YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!" Artemis finally snapped, standing up and slamming her glass on the table wirh a heavy handed thud. The impact shattering the glass over her hand and cutting it deeply. Yet she never flinched, nor cried out, she stood as if nothing was wrong. There was a moments silence as Artemis gathered her thoughts and felt the adrenaline rush through her body. "You act as if you have everything figured out, that you have the right call me out. Well let me tell you - you don't! My mother would kill me if she saw the food I wasted, drag me back by my ear and make me eat. I'm not as spoilt as you think I am. Just because I wasn't in a gang doesn't mean we always had food on our table - we didn't. It was down to people like destroying our farm... and my family" Artemis felt as tears threatened to fall from her eyes and brushed the burning sensation away.

"You blame every ounce of your being on the those misfits! Nightfires can't do this, nightfire's can't do that - who cares?! That's in the past! Stop blaming them for everything, pick yourself up and find some damn dignity moving forward." The aron may have been going about it in the wrong way, but it almost sounded like she was offering Kiara some tough love. She looked down at her hand, the adrenaline beginning to wear off and the throbbing pain seeping through. She flexed her fingers, seeing the crimson red blood cover her hand and groaned. "If you're gonna stay... And no doubt you will. Stop focusing on the past and look forward..."

Artemis gave a staggered breath. Thomas' comment about her eyes hadn't gone unnoticed and it soothed her angry soul. She felt the tears return and sting her eyes as a lump formed in her throat. With his warm embrace around her, she nuzzled into him affectionately. She was still angry at Kiara, fuming in fact. How dare she have the audacity to lecture her. Everything she had, she had worked herself into the ground and fought tooth and nail for. Her mother hadn't wanted her to do this and her father...? Well she did it to make him proud but he was long gone. A sense of doubt crept into Artemis' mind and for a split second she wondered if her mother had been right all time. No. She couldn't think that, she needed to heed her own advice and look to the future. She was a guardian now and she would strive to best she could. "I'll go get this cleaned up... I want to post my letter anway. Enjoy your shopping" She spoke distantly as she pulled herself from Thomas's hold.

She grabbed the crumpled envelope from under the pillow before pulling off the case and wrapping the material around her injured hand. The white cotton soon stained red as her blood seeped through and Artmeis mentally scolded herself. Hopefully if she explained it was her fault, Thomas wouldn't get in any trouble. She left the room, only looking back to nod a silent thank you to her trainer.

Last edited:
Dendra had spent her rather long shower sitting on the shower's floor and simply enjoying the warm water and the steam wash over her, making the grime and funk simply slide off her. It didn't revitalize her to the same degree that she heard some of her sisters report but it still felt damn good to her pseudo amphibian skin. She caught herself reminiscing of her family, and one again, with head between steam clouds she asked herself if she was willing to go through with this. She was now the Guardian of some kid, but did that entitle her to just up and abandon the town? No, not really, but perhaps this wasn't about that. She had talked so long and hard about leaving and becoming some sort of... star? celebrity? big? that it would just be sad if she didn't leave. She stood up rinsed off the suds on her body and turned off the shower... No turning back.

Once out she dried herself, dressed, brushed her hair with a cheap plastic pocket comb. Once it was comfortably mop-like she stepped out into the room "Ok, I'm done, the bathroom's free but steamy" She said, and looked around, noticed the cracked table and the blood droplets "Ho-ly shiet, what happened here?!" she said less with concern and more morbid, gossipy curiosity. "Ok, who bitched out who? Shiny-face is not here so I'm guessing that's her blood."

Thomas Wyse
Guardians:

“Nobody’s ever wanted me like this before.” He felt his cheeks flush a bit with Kiara's words. Staring into her eyes a moment he held her protectively as she had earlier lashed out at Artemis. She was going to do the best she could to evolve for him? All Thomas could do was smile at her warmly. In between leaving her warm presence and shifting to Artemis the strength and shout of anger resonated around the room. He stared at her wide eyed, shocked at her power, her anger, and her bleeding hand. "A-Artemis!" Thomas called out to her but she had run off again. He sighed sadly, some Trainer he was. He couldn't stop his Guardians from fighting. Why? Were they really that different? Hearing Kiara shout about her old life a little, how she had to fight to survive. In some ways he pitied the Houndour, but in some ways he agreed with the Aron, or well what Artemis had last said. Thomas grabbed his bag and began to gently clean up the glass spill. The blood would probably remain but the Inn would probably take care of that. As he worked he wondered if Kiara and Artemis would ever get along. Had he made the right choice?

Dendra appeared and he just stared as she spoke. Both she and Kiara were thugs, in some ways maybe them becoming his guardians was a bad idea. Though Artemis couldn't see what he was, or feel what he felt. Both of them needed him, his love. There was potential for more locked inside of them, Thomas could sense it. Artemis would evolve and become strong naturally. Though still he would need to comfort her later, she always left before he could though. "Oh it's nothing, well just some arguing." he finally spoke throwing the glass filled glob of paper towels away. He had cut himself lightly and put on a bandage. "Kiara, she's right in some ways. Both of you, the past is the past. It might have been your starting point in life, but it's not the end that defines who you are. Your heart defines who you are. I'm here to support you all the way, there is no trying because both of you will evolve!" he stated with resolve, "It's going to be hard, for not only you both but for Artemis and myself. Not to mention any other Guardians that join the group down the line. Though no matter what, even if you fail, know that I will always be right here for you. We haven't known each other well but I care about you two. This isn't about survival anymore, we're all a family. A team. So please, let's work together ok? I'll talk to Artemis later Kiara, don't let her get you down, she'll open her heart to you eventually. Let's just finish breakfast." Truth be told he was done eating and they really needed to get going.

Thomas waited for them both to finish before packing up completely and heading down to talk to the nurse. He explained the situation and she understood and told him accidents like that happened all the time. With some relief, mostly because Artemis was no were to be seen, he headed for the shop. It was decent sized for a hole in the wall store, but it had clothing and everything a Trainer and their Guardian's needed. "Kiara, Dendra, go and pick out some clothes to wear. I think you can try them on somewhere over there. Get something sturdy because we might not be seeing an Inn for a while. I get a discount so don't worry about it. I have a few things to get myself." Thomas stated happily letting the girls go off to do what they wanted in the store. "Oh, no stealing. If you see any snacks you want feel free to give it to me and I'll buy you some." he added, mostly towards Dendra figuring she would try to pocket some stuff. He had noticed how quickly she had pocketed the snacks from the vending machines last night. Though his tone wasn't an angry or disapproving one. Hopefully both of them would break out of their survival habits eventually.

He headed to the counter first, there was something he needed to pick up "E-Excuse me...?" Thomas asked the Purrloin boy who worked at the counter. After blowing a bubble in his gum he stopped to stare at the human a moment before remaining silent. Thomas pulled out some of his cards and such and showed it to the clerk. "I read in an e-mail that there's a package for me? Maybe?" after a bit of staring the clerk nodded.

"Right Mr. Wyse, here you go!" stated the clerk as he handed him a rectangular meta suitcase. Inside contained seven soft red and white armbands. Oh right, he needed to give these to his Guardians. It officially made them his in some ways. Smiling at the Purrloin he began to wander in the convenience section of the medium sized Inn shop. Gathering what supplies he figured they would need. Occasionally glancing around and looking at the various products for Humans and Gijnka. Thomas hoped Artemis was fine, figuring she would show up soon, he wanted her to get some clothing too. More importantly he wanted to talk with her. All three of his Guardians would need to work together to achieve their desires.

Back
Top Bottom