Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you listen to country or bluegrass music?

I listen to both. Don't really have preference between the more traditional or pop country sound. Bluegrass can be nice as background music when doing things around work or home.

I love country music! I am not so much of a bluegrass fan because of my family's roots and having to grow up hearing it, but I definitely love country. If it means anything, I'm also from the South which is why I love it so much.

As someone who grew up in the Appalachian backwoods of Southwestern Virginia, I can safely say that I am a huge fan of bluegrass and classic country music.

I even got to meet Ralph Stanley several years before he died.

Fun Fact: I am actually originally from the same county as The Stanley Brothers

Don't care too much for modern country though.

I have family member that grew up listening to Oak Ridge Boys and Alabama. I remember them getting me to listen to Ricky Skaggs as well.

I like both, not an expert at all but enjoy it as well as Rockabilly which is kind of related.

I am born on the wrong continent - The UK does not appreciate good Country Music!

I adore Lady Antebellum.

I am born on the wrong continent - The UK does not appreciate good Country Music!

I adore Lady Antebellum.

I've met some fans of country music from UK at fairs and festivals here in the states. Have wanted to go to the country music festival that takes place in UK but it is pretty expensive. This is worst year ever for concerts.

A little bit- I tend to like stuff on the Americana side of things like The Felice Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show etc.

Not much. But when I do, I'll usually put on Billy Strings, Tyler Childers, Jason Isbell or Sturgill Simpson.

Oh absolutely. It's a part of my childhood. I also have a certain tone and pitch to my voice that makes it really easy for me to sing blues and country, and it brings out my natural twang. I've always been drawn to banjos and fiddles as well. They're beautiful instruments. Banjos are also just damn impressive - the amount of skill it takes to play one is insane!

I love Crooked Still and Lord Huron particularly, but my absolute most favorite song ever is Beautiful Mess by Diamond Rio. I hadn't heard it in probably a decade or more, and it came on while hubgoblin and I were moving one day about a month ago. I had to drop everything and I just started singing it as if I had heard it yesterday. Every word came back to me and the nostalgia made me want to cry. I didn't notice until after I was finished that hubgoblin had stopped everything too to just stare at me. He said those four minutes was worth everything to see me so happy. ❤

Yes. Currently obsessed with Benjamin Tod and Lost Dog Street Band. Tyler Childers is another one I've really liked lately.

I enjoy some old country and bluegrass when I hear it, but not familiar with many artists besides the obvious ones.
Really love the Cash albums produced by Rick Rubin

I should listen to that album. Johnny Cash’s hurt is obviously one of the greatest songs of all time.
Hurt is on one of those albums produced by Rick Rubin, I think there are 5 in total. Johnny does covers, such as Hurt, some traditional songs and a few he wrote himself. Very haunting and beautiful

Hurt is on one of those albums produced by Rick Rubin, I think there are 5 in total. Johnny does covers, such as Hurt, some traditional songs and a few he wrote himself. Very haunting and beautiful
Oh dang. I didn’t realize he made five with Rick. That’s a lot. Yeah the depth of emotion in Hurt is just profound.

Back
Top Bottom