Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Most Potent Brew

Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#26
Kiyoko would try to put the dwarven man at ease, "We came from the inn, where there was an advertisement to help with a problem here." Trying to keep it brief, Kiyoko would get right to the point.
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
28
#27
He relaxed upon hearing this. He gulped his ale and began to explain...
"Recently my company has enjoyed great success and for that reason I decided to expand my operation." He sighs deeply." Upon the begining of the expansion of the final cellar we came upon a problem. a wall when it was knocked down released a torrent of water into the cellar the room was partially flooded and the parts that weren't were quickly over run with giant rats." He explains that his brewery got its name from a wizards tower that was rumored to exist in the area. He only thought it was a rumor!

He implores you for help and offers to raise the payment to 25gp for each of you.
Will you harken to his plea?
You remember the rat you encountered outside and wonder what might rest below your feet.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#28
Kiyoko had a fair idea of what the dwarf was talking about. Having come from a mages tower herself, Kiyoko had an idea of all manner of experimentation that would go on where she came from. "I appreciate the offer, and we accept. We ran into one of these things on the way here, and I think we should be able to help you."
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
28
#29
He lets out a sob of relief and leads you to a hatch in the floor. He explains that the shaft is 50 feet going down and once you hit the bottom it's like a maze. Especially since all the new space was created.
You think you hear something crawling far below your feet.
You begin to descend the ladder.
Who will lead?
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#30
Kiyoko would take one look down the hole before going down the ladder. A few awkward moments later, she would state "Does anyone have a torch.." as she did not have any moss to use Light as a spell. Jordin would quickly reply that she did as Malin grabbed a small tinderbox and set the torch on fire.

"Looks like I will lead" Malin would reply as Jordin was a bit uneasy holding the torch as it was lit. Jordin would follow behind Malin with Kiyoko and then Brynn following Jordin as they all went down the ladder.
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
28
#31
The rungs are slippery as you climb down. And in the distance you hear water and the scratching of claws.
Roll a dexterity save.(for Malin) to see if you slip on the ladder.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#32
Malin would start to hear a few spashes of water and scratching of claws. The rungs of the ladder were not the greatest as Malin tried to hold onto the torch as well as move down the ladder.

Check: 4 (Express elevator, going down!)
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
28
#33
Your hands slip. You plummet end over end and land in a deep pool of water at the bottom of the shaft. The water is ten feet deep and icy cold.
You are unharmed. ( Except your pride.) The water is pitch black and in the darkness you hear something moving.( Roll perception)
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#34
With the rest of the women watching Malin slip, Jordin would chuckle a bit only to suffer the same fate as she soon after slips and falls down into the water herself. Kiyoko and Brynn do a much better job of paying attention to their surroundings and find themselves in a small boat of some kind while Jordin and Malin try to swim back toward the ladder.

With Kiyori teasing Jordin and Malin, half to let them know where to swim to. Brynn would find a lamp and start to light it, Malin also realizing that Jordin was not the only thing in the water with her either. Brynn would light the lamp similarly to how she had lit the torch before going down here so that Malin and Jordin would be able to make their way back to the boat that the other two were standing in.
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
28
#35
You climb in the boat . The shore comes in to view shortly after you begin poling to the other side. You think you might be seeing eyes glittering in the darkness. In the gloom you think you can see the opening where the wall was removed.
There seem to be spider webs covering the walls and the horrid smell of rotting meat fills your nose.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
#36
With all four women in the boat, they would each start to look about for various things. Malin had thought something was in the water, so she would start scanning around to see what it was that might have caused her to think as such. Kiyori had a different tact in mind as she could try to harvest some spell components perhaps. The ladder was not the easiest to climb down, and Kiyori was hoping to gather some moss so that she could consider casting a Light spell. Having more ways to see aside from a torch that was spoiled when Malin fell into the water could only be a good thing. Brynn would try to focus her efforts toward finding what or where this boat was intended to go toward while Jordin had the easiest task of them all to simply guard the boat from anything or anyone else joining in for the ride.

Brynn: 7, Malin: 14, Kiyori: 14 (Perception Checks)
 
Top Bottom