Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Three Kingdoms - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reipuru, you wouldn't believe the things I've seen people complain about in the past. I just wanted to take a second cover my bases.

And thank you both so much! :-D This is my first time ever running my own game. I've thought about being a DM before, but was nervous about my lack of storyteller experience. Most of the time when I make a world I just use one of my short stories (I'm a writer). This idea though just felt like it would be a lot of fun, and turns out I kind of like playing god.

I can't take 100% of the credit though. I found the idea on another website for an RP about a good evil and neutral kingdom, no further information or details were provided. I took basically that one line idea and ran with it until I made the world you all are playing in now.

Goodie. I hope you can keep going. Now get your GMy butt to posting so we can keep going :3

Raiden said:
Goodie. I hope you can keep going. Now get your GMy butt to posting so we can keep going :3
I concur, let's keep the story rolling.

Writing for three separate storylines at once is tough. I feel like I'm going schizophrenic at points lol

Which isn't a bad thing. I don't trust anyone who isn't at least alittle nutty :3

Anyone placing bets on who or what the ominous cloaked figure was? lol

And no, I'm not going to tell you. You all just got to wait around and find out. :p

ooo, Great King Etan back from the grave... I could work that into a plot somewhere maybe *writes it down*

well I'm thinking perhaps the great King recognizes his great~ grandson and wants to train him himself to be the next king perhaps? haha

Thinking I'm going to have to do a character sheet for some of these NPCs. It is starting to seem like I may have them around for quite a while.

And I've developed a love for Cal, lol.

Not sure, lol, I'm still thinking it over. No idea what will happen to him yet. I just like playing the big guy.

Well I posted for you to respond to with your big guy. XD I'm still thinking about when to brind in Raizen, probably when Nall gets serious about finding him.

I'm thinking about starting a new character, but it's interesting where Lynise is going.

Sorry for lack of posts today. I've not been feeling well today. Sitting at the computer for any length of time is actually kinda difficult right now. Got a headache that is killing me.

I'll try and get a post up soon.

Laying around with a migrane can be incredibly productive if you keep writing implements nearby. I'm posting this info here in case anyone feel like making a dwarf character at any point. I'll throw it up in the encyclopaedia later. Maybe add some more details about the villages if it comes up.

Dwarves​

Average Height: 3â??4-3â??8

Appearance: Very much like a small human, only a little stouter. Proportionally, they tend to have slightly larger hands and feet, with marginally shorter legs and arms. Facial hair on males is common, but actual amount varies, and many dwarves choose to shave their facial hair entirely. Females frequently have some facial hair as well, but it is neither as dense nor covers as much of the face. Sideburns are the most common features on females, actual beards and moustaches are extremely rare. Hair colour is typically shades of brown and somewhat curly, although dark reds are not uncommon. Light hair is considered quite extraordinary. Eye colour includes browns greys and occasionally blues. Green eyes are virtually unknown.

Strengths: On average, dwarves are far more agile, more dextrous, and stronger than humans. They also have very strong bones that are hard to break, and a naturally thick, durable skin.

Weaknesses: Dwarves seem to lack any spell casting ability. Magic users are unknown in their culture. Some weapons and armour made by master craftsmen do seem to have magical properties; however, it is unclear as to whether this is an innate feature of the materials used that can only be drawn out by a master of the forge, or some magical skill of the creator themselves that comes out during the forging process.

Home: Burrow-like dwellings in Vaskaan Mountains; clan members tend to dig homes close to their relatives. Older, larger homes tend to be near the base of mountains, while newer, smaller burrows are near the top. Mountains in the heart of the range that are exceptionally difficult to reach for most creatures are the preferred location of dwarf villages. The villages blend in with the surrounding mountains so well, that one must be very close before the doors and windows of the homes become obvious.

Lifestyle: Each clan will also operate a mine that can stretch for miles from which all clan members harvest gems and ore from which most their objects are constructed from. The metal is taken back to the metalworks: the heart of any clan. This is a massive work shop in the core of the mountain where metal is smelted and shaped. Shepherds are a common site among the jagged terrain near villages, tending to their large herds of mountain goats. Above ground farms are exceptionally rare, given the hard rocky earth and lack of flat land. Homes often connect to underground farms where crops of giant mushrooms and lichens are grown.

Pictures: Male Dwarf Raider; Female Dwarf Fighter

That's up to you. They could have picked it up from overhearing hunters/trappers or perhaps if learned the human language from elves. Lacking much direct interraction, they wouldn't be fluent speakers.

Not sure about the players here, but I know for myself and for a lot of people, it is easier usually to understand someone speaking a new language than to actually speak it yourself, provided you have at least a small understanding of it. So a dryad might be able to understand a human, but have difficulty speaking to them.

It was brought to my attention that the map lacked any sort of scale to know how far one place is from another. If you check the map now, you will see a small key in the bottom left corner that remedies the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom