Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New threats, or old? (me and Anjeru)

Raziel99

Pulsar
"What do you think, Reno?" Rude's voice was lower than normal, pulling his gloves tighter over his hands, as if the mission was on their doorstep right then, ready to punch out.

"I don't know... could be tricky. Not that I pass up tricky." Reno smirked, turning his head from the paper to look at Rude. "And we gotta babysit this new girl..." He turned his head back to the paper that he was handed for a moment before looking back at Rude. "Tempest, eh? Sounds like a spicy one..." Reno couldn't help but smirk as he heard the grunt from Rude. "What, did she already turn you down?"

Another grunt came from Rude. "I don't mix business with pleasure." He said before turning away, facing the elevator. After a moment, he turned away, heading to the helecopter, waiting for them. "Just hurry up."

Reno smirked, shouldering his Electro-mag Rod, and waited for her to come forward.

Tempest sighed as she leaned back against the back of the elevator, idly tapping her booted foot on the floor. Apparently, on her fist assignment, she was to work with the legendary pair - Reno and Rude. They were quite the pair, usually always succeeding in their missions with hardly any drawbacks. Well, if one is to learn, from the best is the way to go, right?

The busty red head leaned off the wall and tossed the long tail of her hair back behind her shoulder. Green eyes thoughtfully watched as the lights came on for each floor she passed. Before long, she reached the top and the doors slid open. The average height woman stepped off the elevator and adjusted her suit, before heading forward to meet the two she was going to work with today.

Reno saw the elevator open, and a very delicious figure with long red hair come out of it, seeing her catch his eye and beeline towards him. He took the last few steps towards her, holding a casual smile on his face. "Well... you must be Tempest, then." His voice was a gentle kindness, a small test to see how easy it was to open her walls.

"As you are probably aware of, we are heading to the northern crater to rid it of the rest of the monsters inside. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, but they are rather powerful, be on guard." He turned to face the copter before turning his head towards her. "Rude's ready for takeoff. you'll be sitting in passenger. And between you and me, i wouldn't try too much with Rude. Elena would kill you."

He made his way over to the chopper, easily sliding into the Co-Pilot's seat. At a look from Reno, he nodded, waiting for Tempest to get in before taking off.

Tempest allowed her small gloved hand to shake his. She nodded, her green eyes narrowing thoughtfully as she glanced out to where the copter was waiting for them. "Sounds easy enough," she mused as she followed the fellow red head out to the heli-pad. She raised her brow at his words about the other female Turk and her temper in regards to the bald man sitting pilot in the chopper. She nodded slowly. "If you say so." Then she hopped up into the chopper and took a seat, crossing her arms as she relaxed back into the spot.

"What's your value?" Rude said, steering the copter away from Midgar and heading towards the Northern Crater.

"High, 30 carat."

"That high, hmm? Good to know, then." Rude smirked as he saw the ocean end with the icy reaches of the great glacier and forests. "We will be landing in about ten minutes. Get ready." He turned his head slightly to speak to Reno. "In case things get hairy, I made something."

"Oh? hopefully something loud and strong, then."

"It's flashy if nothing else."

"oh, good..." Reno smiled as he turned his head to look at their passenger. "We'll be touching down really quick. Get ready."

"I'm always ready," she said with a small smirk testing the corners of her lips. As they spoke of the bombs Rude was known for making, she couldn't help the small chuckle that slipped free. Good to know some things never change; if one thing the pair was known for, it was always doing their missions with a certain sort of flair. If anything, not only would this mission be informative, but entertaining at least.

Reno fell silent, falling into the fighting mindset he put himself in for some of the harder missions. The Northern Caves were Notorious for having some very strong monsters in it, and he didn't want Tempest getting injured on the first day on duty.

The helecopter touched down, and both Reno and Rude jumped out, heading towards the yawning crater that led to the caves.

"Ready, Reno?" Rude's voice was low as he tightened his cloves up.

"Let's do this." Reno said, shouldering his rod as he climbed down the rock walls.

It wasn't far in that Reno saw one of the little green men with their brown cloaks on, with their lantern and knife. "Tonberry. This one is mine." Reno said, loud enough for the other two to hear him. he stepped forward, before rushing towards the green beast, flicking a switch on his Mag rod that started the electric shock. he shoved it hard into the Tonberry, electrocuting it before kicking it hard, sending it flying into the deep recesses of the caves... and hearing a satisfying thud.

Her feet carried her thin form down the walls of the Northern Cave enterance rather quickly and effortlessly. She let Reno go after the Tonberry, almost bursting into laughter as it was punted by his foot. Never in a day would she have thought she'd see a Tonberry punted. Well, she had been right, this was going to be entertaining. Pulling up one pant leg, she pulled a small dagger-like katana from a holster strapped to her shin. Then she did the same with the other; ending up she held a pair of katana blade in her hands. She held them upside down, as they were curved, weilding them almost as arm blades. Three parasites came to flank them and she turned to face the one on her right. "Let's wipe this cave clean," she said with a small smirk.

(the daggers would be called Tanto's, my dear :p)

Reno simply took a few steps towards Tempest, where she was cornered by the parasites. "Relax, these ones are relatively small fry to what's in here." He stabbed the nearest parasite, one that Tempest wasn't taking on, and turned the electricity on, letting it fry while Rude punched out the last one, sending it's upper body into the ceiling of the area while his foot pinned down the lower body.

"See? easy." Reno walked a few steps, saw a gargoyle shift to its stone form, and did a heavy attack that broke its wing off. There was a howl before he clubbed it into the wall, hearing the crush of bone as he walked forward...

Then he heard a louder growl, and his face went serious. "Rude, you might want to get that bomb ready."

(Knew it was something. -shrugs- Being sick kills about half my thought process)

Tempest stabbed the tanto into the parasite's gut and, lifting it, she spun 360 degrees to throw it off the cliff edge. When the thud came back up to them, she nodded "Alright Reno, Rude." She said before then stopping her movement to peer around them as a roar broke out and echoed throughout the cave. "What..what was that?" she asked, though she knew it must be something big considering they were now seeming to lean towards using their flashy bomb.

Besides the loud roar, Reno felt the ground shake underneath him. "Fall back!" He took a few steps back when out from the ground burst a Great Malboro, turning it's ugly visage towards him.

"Fire!" Reno shouted, as he shot out a powerful fire spell, burning the mutant plant to a crisp. But from the darkness of the caves, from down below, climbed a fierce beast. A Zombie Dragon. "Go!" Reno shouted, as he flicked another switch on his Mag-Rod.

With a swift swing, there was a flash of light as the Zombie Dragon was caught inside a light pyramid. But it struck at it hard, and there were cracks already forming in it. He turned and ran, while Rude threw the bomb. The Cave was about to go kaboom!

She jumped back as Reno casted a fire spell from his materia, unwilling to get herself burnt. As the zombie dragon came at them, she crouched and pushed off her legs, giving her a boost to her back words jump. Tempest found herself standing at the edge of the enterance and watched as Reno and Rude came up at her. "Best get out of here before your flashy toy goes off!" she said as she turned to bolt back towards the helicopter, her very long hair tail flying out behind her.

She jumped up onto the edge of the copter and swung inside, using the momentum to sheath her tanto's back beneath her pant legs. Reno and Rude were right on her heels, not surprising to her.

"No shit. Reno, she's a smart one too!" Rude called out, running hard and climbing with ease.

The two of them were up to the copter in seconds, jumping in and hitting ignition before strapping in. The moment they were far enough away from the crater, there was a huge explosion, and rubble fell from the top, caving it in.

"Mission... Accomplished..." Reno panted out, turning his head to Rude, then Tempest with a smile. "I think I'll buy the rounds tonight, after debriefing."

She fell back into her seat in the helicopter and gave a relieved sigh, listening as Reno declared their mission done. She hadn't done much but the trip had been informative for her 'R n R' curiousities.

"I'd be up for a round," Tempest said as she relaxed back now. Honestly, a drink with either of them, or both, would be appealing to her. After all, the pair were legendary among the Turks.

"I won't be able to join you, Reno." Rude's voice was low, looking over the horizon, waiting to see what remained of Midgar. "I already made plans to go see Loveless. Tseng might join you, though."

"Ah, Loveless, the classic. Well, enjoy yourself, Rude." Reno turned his head, looking back at Tempest. "looks like it's the two of us, then. I'm sure I can drink you under the table."

"Loveless, huh?" She pursed her lips. "Haven't had the chance to see that yet. You'll have to let me know how it is," she told to Rude, before looking back to Reno with a nod. "Where do you normally drink at anyways?" she asked, idly twirling the tail of her hair, kind of bored now that they weren't in battle. She always got a rush when she got to fight, all other things just tended to bore her.

There's a nice small bar over in sector 5, I think you'll like it." Reno turned his head back to look where he was steering as copilot, looking at Rude out of the corner of his eye. That sly fox.

It wasn't long until they were landing back at the Shinra building. Touching down and getting out, Reno stretched first, a little sore from sitting around. "Let's make this debriefing fast, Rude." He turned to Tempest with a smile. "I'll meet you on the first floor."

Tempest nodded. "Have fun with the debriefing then," she said, almost wanting to stick her tongue out at the pair of them. She turned and walked to the elevator, taking it back to the housing portion of the ShinRa building where she took a moment to get some water and do whatever she needed to do. Since it was her boss she was going drinking with, she decided to go ahead and remain in her suit that proclaimed she was a Turk.

After readjusting her hair and flinging the overly long tail behind her, she left and took the elevator to the 1st floor where she waited for Reno to meet her.

As she entered the elevator to the first floor, and those doors closed, he came out of the neighboring elevator, going towards where his quarters were. He made sure to be quick, not wanting to have her waiting. He slid the Mag Rod into its charger to give it a quick boost while he undid his hair. he ran a brush through it quickly before tying it back again. He grabbed the rod and went back to the elevator, hitting the button for the first floor.

Walking out, he saw Tempest in moments. It was hard to miss her, her hair a bright red like his, so long... and her body! He erased that thought from his mind for the moment. Go in clear headed. "It's not too far to walk to get to the sector 5 bar."

That body he was thinking about - the 5 foot 7, 34D cup, 26 inch waist - was lounging against the wall not too far from the elevator, her tail now resting over her front, reaching to her thigh. As he stepped off the elevator and addressed her, the blue eyes moved to him. It wasn't hard to miss him, his hair was as red as hers, not to mention the red marks on his face. She smiled and nodded, tossing the tail back so it fell down her back to the back of her knees.

"I'm still new to Midgar, so I'm counting on you to know the places to go." She said with a small chuckle, walking with him out the front of the ShinRa building towards their destination.

He smiled, leading the way out of the building slightly. "YEs, I know Midgar like the back of my hand. Though since the incident, a lot of the ways have been damaged or removed." He led her down to the streets of sector 5, then just down a few roads he was opening the door with one hand, the other resting his Mag Rod on his shoulder. "Go on in. Tell the man what you want."

He walked in after her, looking to the muscular man behind the bar, nodding his way. "Tab between me and the lady is on me."

Tempest walked into the bar that was placed in Sector 5, and hopped up onto one of the stools. She braced her chin in her hand, elbow on the bartop, the other once again playing with the tail of her hair; seemed to be a subconsious habit if nothing else, from people's observations of the young Turk. "Quervo Black Tecquila, on the rocks please." She told the bar tender after Reno had finished speaking, looking back at her fellow, and very attractive - if in a brash way, Turk.

Reno smirked as he sat on the stool next to her, taking a look at her. "That the strongest you can take?" He turned back to the bartender. "Start with a shot of moonshine, follow it up with vodka and lime."

"Who said I was going after anything strong?" She said on a laugh, drinking down a gulp of the Tecquila after the bartender passed it to her. Then she quirked a thin red brow and chuckled. "Oh, wait, you wanna get me drunk I bet. You know, take advantage of the sweet, innocent new girl. Right?" she laughed, the joke all in good fun.

Reno laughed with her, downing the shot easy and waiting for his Vodka mix. "Nah, that would be too easy. If I wanted you incapacitated, i would have told the man to give you a ruffie Colada." He laughed as he took a drink of his Vodka the moment it came. He was starting to relax from it now. "I would prefer it if you came to me."

Back
Top Bottom