Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking to GM a Pathfinder Campaign

KalTammy

Lone Knight
I've debating for a while running a Campaign on here, so at last figure I'll give it a try. So, here we go.

The Premise

The ancient sands of the Accadia Wastes once supported an empire that spanned most of the known world. Now after the collapse, the elemental cataclysm, vast swaths of land abandoned, cities abandoned or cut off from imperial support. Ancient treasures were lost in this time, much of the kingdom's culture and history lost to nature and barbarians. Now, after over two centuries of collapse, the remaining rump of the once mighty people have stabilized. Under the strong guiding hand of the Pharaoh, they will reclaim their lost history and empire...

The Crunch

-Looking for at the most five players active players for a Pathfinder game
-Game will start at level 1 in a exploration, treasure hunting type homebrew game
-Will allow 3rd party and 3.5 content with approval first, will get into more specific rules when I set things up or when asked.
-Dice I meerley ask to not abuse. Will leave it to your preference on what dice roller you use, whether it is one you link with each roll or not. In the latter case may get suspicious if the rolls are never bad.
-For players I'm looking for people who can post on a regular basis. While quality of posts are appreciated, in this sort of game only so much detail one can put in when they aren't the GM

The Smut
-This will be mostly a plot and roleplay focused game, so the focus isn't on having constant sexual encounters. Of course this is an 18+ game on an 18+ site, you want to start a sex scene with a npc or other player, that is fine. Ultimately plot/smut ratio will end up falling on how much the players want it, though will try and keep the game from getting bogged down for too long.
-Gender and Orientation are fully up to the player. Not forcing this to be a party of all males, females or anything in between. I'm fairly flexible so happy to play off any pairing you desire.
-Kink wise I'm fairly open, my hard no's can be found on my F-List and are pretty standard, everything else is negotiable. Simply ask what you want and I shall consider.
-And of course, no means no. Any rape a character might do must be consensual between involved players.

Okay, believe that should be enough information for an interest check. Go ahead and ask any questions and look forward to hopefully getting to run this old game of mine.

Planting a flag of interest. What I play will depend on what content is allowed, admittedly. I've been really itching to use Spheres of Might.

Also interested in joining this game. Will come up with some character ideas in the meantime and post back more once I have things narrowed down. :)

I might be interested as a player. I am also interested in GM'ing a Pathfinder game as well, using a custom-made Gothic Horror/Post-Apocalyptic setting. But I haven't done any RP of any kind in a while, so this might be better for me to just play a game instead of trying to GM a game right out the gate.

So, when it comes to "Third Party Classes", does that mean classes from third party publishers or any class that's not in the core rulebook? I'm assuming the former, but I want to make sure just in case.

I had some ideas for a character, they'd be one of the official classes, but not a core class. Frankly, I am leaning towards either Vigilante, Ninja, or Shifter, if they are allowed in your setting.

Race will be either Human or Half-Elf.

If we're going core rulebook classes only, then I'll probably be either a Cleric or a Barbarian.

Planting a flag of interest. What I play will depend on what content is allowed, admittedly. I've been really itching to use Spheres of Might.

Will have to familiarise myself with Spheres of Might before I can give a firm answer on that.

So, when it comes to "Third Party Classes", does that mean classes from third party publishers or any class that's not in the core rulebook? I'm assuming the former, but I want to make sure just in case.

Yeah Third Party refers to third party publishers. Anything from Paizo will be allowed besides perhaps Summoner as that class has always been considered pretty OP.

Spheres of might can be found here. It's basically an alternate system for martial based classes.

Well. Might as well get in here and throw my gauntlet down in the ring as an interested party.
Before enough people get in here that we have to start fighting to the death for the right to be involved.

Well, I'm interested... and wondering what your stance would be on bringing some 3.5 material forward? In particular this? Would not need too many changes... and have some other ideas as well :)

I've decided I will be a male Half-Elf Vigilante, alignment will be Chaotic Good.

So, in other words, count me in.

I'm a little rusty on Pathfinder's mechanics, but I think I can get back into the groove of it again.

@Saber Arturia and @RPG-Girl

Taking a quick look at both classes/systems seem well made and don't see anything broken out the gate. Though I typically find I judge better once I've seen them in action. So you both may use them right now, we will see how it goes and how much I might need to adjust particular encounters.

--

Well seems we have a solid five here. Though will make a quick point on Races, although technically anything is available, would prefer races that can interact in a more human society without too much issue. So Half-Elf and other core races of course are fine, might get some looks playing a Kobold or the like though.

With that said, guess shall get to work on the rules, go ahead and keep asking any questions you have in the meantime, either here or in PM.

As an evolutionist, my race and sex are 'a work in progress' and 'varies' :p

Still, will be looking over the Pathfinder races... may be a backup caster and healer... particularly if KalTammy allows Deathless mutator? Apparently, he didn't want to put in a positive energy version, as it would just be a flip of the Undead mutator... but not sure about positive energy and living interactions in pathfinder...

I think I'm going to go TN Human Evolutionist, might go to NG depending on the rest of the party. As it is... pathfinder humans are likely the best for what I have in mind.

Having trouble finding it within all these options, do you mind quoting or linking what you are referring to exactly?

Well, if spheres of might are in, I have a few different ideas. All human. Assuming since you say male/female/in between, futa is allowed. Assuming that's wrong, I can go with female!

1) Sentinel class (A bodyguard/defender style class), A stalwart defender and overall good/heroic person. Probably a futa, as I have a specific character in mind for her for such. Classic paladin archetype, just without the magic.

2) Conscript (The generic Spheres of might class who can specialize in almost anything.). Something similar to the concept above, but instead of a knightly paladin, she's a more dynamic warrior who seeks to directly engage and bring the battle to her enemies. Again, Futa.

3) Commander (A supportive leader type character who seeks to make their allies the best they can be). Male this time, thinking he's an officer from a mercenary unit or seeks to make his own. Male.

4) Blacksmith (You might be able to guess at what the class specializes in. But they focus on kitting out themselves and their allies with the best equipment they can). A young and fit/trained smith who finds himself wielding the weaponry and equipment he often forges, seeking to test himself and help his allies.

The Sentinel and Conscript are the two i'd most like to play, admittedly.

The Undead Mutator feat gives access to the Undead Tetramorphisms and Mutations. Can't find the Deathless one, but I remember it coming up due to the fact that 3.5 had some positive energy based undead called deathless... which were pretty much normal undead but with the energy used flipped.

Will look though the thread for the deathless question and answer!

@RPG-Girl

Thank you. Will say at the least best not to appear as an obvious undead. Seeing a Goblin walk into town is one thing, seeing someone who looks like a zombie would get a bit of a stronger reaction.

@Saber Arturia
All four ideas I have no particular objection to, so ultimately your preference/what fits with the party best.

So far we seem to have a Vigilante, so skill monkey and either Rogueish or Fighterish depending on the build for Hawkeye. An Archery focused fighter for Lord DreamCrusher. A Evolutionist as either a caster or healer for RPG-Girl.

So any sort of frontline wouldn't be bad, not sure what gelidAtelier has in mind

Ah, would go Deathless, which is positive energy... though would ask... does positive energy heal living targets in pathfinder? I'm asking as Deathless Mutator would pretty much be the evolutionist healbot thing to grab.

Also, on the casting front.... limited to 6th level spells at most, so while I can be healbot and a utility caster, unless you want me rocking extra arms, I'm only a secondary caster at best.

Yes, just like 3.5 Positive Energy heals living targets and hurts undead, vice versa for Negative Energy.

I will still be a Half-Elf Vigilante, although I may end up playing a futa instead of a male if they are allowed, not sure yet.

Concept would be the same for both, a somewhat rogue-like yet well-to-do citizen who protects the poor and downtrodden under the alter-ego of The Patrician, a persona vaguely inspired by Tuxedo Mask.

henlo frens is there a spot open here?

EDIT: Whoops, looks like you got all the spots filled. Good luck to you all, and have fun~

@Hawkeye
Futa's and Shemales are allowed, open to most Genders.

@ippo
Unfortunately full right now, above five tends to get unwieldy to run in my experience. But if someone drops or ends up just not joining from everyone who's said they would, then will give you a bell.

So, 5d6b3 for ability scores? Asking, as working on the sheet... and think I'll start off female, but can pick something up to change that soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom