Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wolfie! (Kanna and J)

JMontvale

Star
Connor ran up the street as fast as he could, slipping his uniform tunic on and chewing the piece of beef jerky that was his breakfast as he went. There hadn't been time to get a t-shirt to wear under the tunic, and Connor's ebon hair was still wet from his quick shower. He was running late for school, which was an almost daily event for the high school junior.

Connor kept trying to figure his clock radio out, but he couldn't get the alarm to work. Most technology was a mystery to Connor, but he was still new to the 21st century. School was helping him figure things out, but not as fast as Connor would have liked. He wished there was a class he could take like "Household Technology".

Once his jacket was buttoned, Connor took a look at his simple, wind up watch. It was technology that he was familiar with, at least. The teen frowned when he saw how little time was left. Mr. Ward had promised to make his life miserable if he was late again. Not this morning! Connor vowed to himself. He pushed himself to go even faster.

Connor cut across a block and down an alley to save time. The alley ended in a high wall, but with no witnesses to worry about, he simply leaped to the top of the wall and dropped easily to his feet on the other side. His short cut saved Connor a several seconds. He hoped it would be enough.

Koli stood in the hallway, waiting for Connor to get to class. Mr. Ward hadn't shown up yet, and she bit her lip. She glanced at her phone once in a while to see if he was going to be too late. She wouldn't deny that she liked the boy, but she wasn't about to admit that...yet. He was sweet, even though a little quiet, and rather unpopular, the opposite of her. There was something different about him. It was just hard to tell what it was exactly.She tapped her foot impatiently, seeing Mr. Ward down the hall. She swore under her breath and bit her lip. Mr. Ward liked her, so she could probably distract him long enough for Connor to sneak past. She approached him, asking numerous questions about the previous night's homework, and other in depth questions, making sure his back was to the door.

Connor rushed into the school, fearing that he was too late. He remembered as he was going through the door to brush some of his still damp hair down over the tops of his ears to hide how pointy they were. His amber eyes went wide with unhappy surprise to see Mr. Ward's back. Then, Connor saw that Koli was talking with the teacher.

Koli was a popular girl. She was smart, kind, funny and... beautiful. As much as Connor fought his attraction to Koli, he wasn't really successful. There was just too much to like about her. Connor knew in his heart that there could never be a relationship between them. He feared even trying to make friends, since that would make hiding his inhuman nature just that much harder.

Connor sneaked quickly and quietly into the classroom. He gave Koli a grateful smile and a nod, and Connor was immediately mad at himself for doing so. On the one hand, what Koli had done deserved Connor's gratitude, but on the other, he knew he shouldn't risk encouraging Koli to try to be his friend.

Koli smiled when she saw Connor run up and slip into the classroom. She returned his nod and turned to walk back into the classroom, thanking their teacher for his help. She knew she would do anything she could to keep Connor out of trouble, and since she was a favorite of most of the teachers, she could get away with a lot more. She walked past his desk and brushed his arm lightly on the way to her own. She wanted to be his friend, but something was telling her he was more of the lone wolf type. As it was, it didn't seem like anyone else liked him, but that could have been because he was so quiet when it came to dealing with others.

Connor tried to not look up as Koli passed, but her arm lightly brushed his, and that small sensation sent shivers all through his body. Connor looked up reflexively, meeting Koli's eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered before forcing his gaze back down to his desk. This isn't my world, Connor reminded himself. I can't let myself make friends. I'd only cause Koli misery if she found out what I was... or she'd hate me. The dark haired youth couldn't help but think that the latter would be better than the former. Anybody as nice as Koli didn't deserve to be miserable.

"Ah, Mr. Black," Mr. Ward said from the front of the room, drawing Connor's attention. "I didn't see you in your seat before I went out into the hall. Could it be you have some talent for invisibility?"

"No, sir," Connor answered glumly. Mr. Ward didn't like Connor at all. The youth figured that being tardy so often had a lot to do with that dislike. Connor did try to make it on time, but between his problems making his alarm work and his nocturnal nature, it was very hard to not oversleep.

"Then, you couldn't have been in your seat, could you?" Mr. Ward asked, already knowing the answer. "I think a little visit to the office is in order."

Koli raised her hand when she heard Mr. Ward start reprimanding Connor again. "Sir...I wasn't even in the classroom when the bell rang. I was talking to you about last night's homework. You had just come down the hall. Connor could have come in while your back was turned. Everyone else in here knows that." Koli was going to do everything in her power to be Connor's friend, since no one else would. Her auburn hair had been braided back, so her whole, honest face was visible to the teacher. "If it's still absolutely necessary to send him to the office, then I'm going with you."

"You were discussing school work, Koli," Mr. Ward said kindly. Then he frowned at Connor. "Being lazy and chronically tardy is not the same thing. Mr. Black has no respect for my authority or for this school, as he has repeatedly demonstrated." Mr. Ward's eyes went wide with surprise when Koli said she would go to the office with Connor. "You are a good and generous young lady, Koli, but some people don't want or deserve your help. You would do well to avoid Connor Black. He's a bad egg."

Connor didn't enjoy being berated by Mr. Ward, but he was at least getting used to it. But the idea of Koli getting into trouble on his account upset him. He looked at Koli and frantically shook his head. Don't do this! he thought. Listen to Mr. Ward! I'm not worth it! Koli was the nicest person he knew in this world, and Connor hated the idea of causing trouble for her.

"You may stay, or go as you choose, Koli," Mr. Ward said after a few seconds. "But Mr. Black is going to the office." He looked at Connor while he wrote a small note. The teacher held the note up. "Take this to the office. You know the drill by now, Mr. Black." Connor stood and went to the front of the room. A spitball struck him behind the ear as he went, and he just brushed it away without bothering to look back.

"Yes, sir," Connor said politely. He was always polite. Connor accepted the note and left to go to the office.

Koli was stubborn, and once she made her mind up to do something, she would be damned if she didn't see it through. She was going to become a friend to Connor, whether he or Mr. Ward wanted it or not. Her eyes followed the teacher's hands to the pad, and she all but growled under her breath. When Connor stood to leave, she grabbed her things and stood up. "Then I'm going with him." She saw the spitball fly, and glared at the boy who shot it. The boy put the shooter down and smiled sheepishly at her before she left the room after Connor. "Connor! Wait up!" She caught up to him and touched his arm lightly. "Why are you always late? It's getting harder to come up with excuses for you..."

Connor waited for Koli. If he didn't, he knew she would run to catch up, and he didn't want to make her do that. He shuddered again when her hand touched his arm. True, there was a layer of thick cloth between her hand and his skin, but Koli's touch still raised pleasant goosebumps.

"I'm sorry, Koli," Connor said softly, his amber gaze meeting her eyes before Connor reminded himself to avoid eye contact. His eyes, like his ears, weren't very human looking and could give him away if Connor wasn't careful. "I can't seem to get my alarm clock to work right. I've tried to find a simple wind up clock, but none of the stores have one. And I sleep so soundly in the morning..." Connor stopped, thinking he might have said too much. "I never wanted to get you into trouble. I... appreciate all your kind help in keeping me out of trouble, but you shouldn't have to be punished too."

Connor tried very hard to not notice how beautiful Koli was, and ignore his impulse to run his fingers through her soft looking auburn hair. What he wanted could never be. Koli would hate or fear him if she knew what he was.

Koli had always loved his exotic eye color. She always thought it was because of contacts. She moved so she could still look up at him, and she moved one hand to cup his cheek and make it so he couldn't look away from her hazel eyes. "Stop looking away from people. It makes you seem weak, Connor. You shouldn't have to be afraid to look anyone in the eye. Besides, a lot of people like that eye color of yours." She smiled sweetly, and slowly brought her hand down. "As for your clock dilemma, have you tried that old clock store on 22nd street? I'm a hundred percent certain that they have at least one there that you can get." She smiled and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Come on. We might as well get to the principal's office before you get into any more trouble today."

A small moan escaped Connor's lips when Koli's hand touched his cheek. He almost pulled away when she guided his face back around toward hers, but Koli was so gentle he was able to resist the urge to get away.

"But my eyes... they're not... normal," Connor said softly. He listened to Koli, though he was mightily distracted by the sweet feeling of her soft hand on his cheek. When she lowered her hand, Connor felt almost a pull to follow that delightful, warm touch.

Connor had been quite a while without sex. The urge was strong in him to approach Koli as a potential mate, but Connor fought it down. At least until she kissed him.

Connor's hand went to caress Koli's hair, finding it every bit as soft as he had imagined. He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. Part of Connor wanted a much more passionate kiss, but he was able to maintain self control at least far enough to resist that.

The youth forced himself to step back, the effort almost painful.

"I'm sorry, Koli," he said. I shouldn't have done that."

She moaned when his lips touched hers, and she couldn't help pressing her own body against his. Her moan quickly turned into a sad whimper when he pulled away from her. She had wanted to take the kiss deeper, have him touch her. She stepped forward, closing the distance between them again. Her hands slipped into his, and she pulled him back to her. "Connor...please...you have no reason to be sorry. You're a good person, and I trust you completely. Besides, you need to learn to relax a bit." She smiled sweetly at him and kissed his jaw. "And you have no reason to apologize. I wanted the kiss too."

Connor sighed when Koli took his hands and stepped closer to him. His eyes went wide with surprise when she told him he was a good person and that she trusted him. He was even more surprised when Koli kissed his jaw, a moan escaping his lips as his eyes half closed from the wonderful feeling.

"I...I..." Connor tried to speak, but his mind couldn't seem to fit his feelings into words, or even grasp words long enough to speak them. He found himself falling into Koli's eyes and he moved slowly closer. Before he knew it, Connor's lips had met Koli's again. He moaned into her mouth.

Connor feared what he was doing, but he couldn't seem to stop. Koli was so sweet and kind and beautiful and she seemed so willing. But she's not! part of Connor insisted. She doesn't want to go as far as you do! Koli only wants a kiss! She can't want you! If she knew what you were, she'd hate you!

Koli opened herself fora deeper kiss. Her arms wrapped around his neck, wanting to pull him even closer. She knew they needed to get to the office, but she was also enjoying this. Her hands moved, wanting to entwine in his hair. She didn't think it was a good idea, though. He was just getting used to having someone who trusted him, and wanted him. After a few moments, she pulled back to catch her breath. "I would love to stay here like this all day, Connor...but we do need to go to the office. The principal will end up telling Mr. Ward when Ward asks..."

Connor moaned as Koli pulled him closer. His hands went around her waist, and when he felt Koli open her mouth, his tongue darted out to explore the warm, wet opening. He wasn't surprised when she pulled back, and Connor braced himself for the slap he was sure he deserved. Instead, Koli simply reminded Connor of the world that he had forgotten while kissing her.

"Oh! Yes, we'd better hurry!" Connor said. He walked as fast as he could manage without leaving Koli behind. Soon, they reached the office and Connor presented the note Mr. Ward had given him. The Secretary looked at the note with a raised eyebrow before taking it into the principal's office.

"We'd better sit down," Connor suggested. He pointed at the chairs and the old, wooden bench where students would wait to see the principal. Connor remained standing until Koli sat down. "We might have to wait a while."

Koli didn't miss the secretary's inquiring look that was directed her way, since she was never one to get into any trouble. The girl just shrugged and stayed next to Connor, tempted to slip her hand into his. She smiled and sat down on the wooden bench, leaving a spot for him also. She did notice he didn't even think of himself first like so many other boys in the school. He had let her sit first before he joined her. Koli had never known anyone with that level of chivalry except in fairy tales and books of mystical lands. She spoke up after a moment of looking at him in awe. "Connor...I could have sworn that, before today, chivalry was all but dead. No guy I know has even offered me a chance to sit before he does." Her eyes glittered teasingly. "Are you sure you're from this era?"

Connor sat on the bench next to Koli. He didn't sit too close, not wanting to crowd her, or make her uncomfortable. Connor could have sat in one of the chairs. Part of him argued that being further away from his kind and lovely classmate would be a good idea, but part of him also wanted to be even closer. In the end, Connor decided that he had to sit beside Koli if only to show support and gratitude for what she had bravely done for him.

The ebon haired youth's eyes went wide with shock when Koli asked him if he was from that time. Then, he realized that she was joking and a nervous smile came to his face, showing a brief glimpse of his shiny, white teeth, the canines being slightly longer and sharper than average.

"Oh, I'm really a knight in shining armor," Connor joked. "But for some reason, they won't let me wear my armor to school."

"Feel free to bring weapons to school, Connor," the voice of Principal Vargas said from the office door. "You'll be expelled, which seems to be what you want, and you'll go to jail, which is where you probably belong." The principal looked at Kili with an expression of surprise. "Koli? What are you doing here?"

Koli laughed at his joke, but quickly cut it off when she heard the principal speak. If she were some kind of animal, she would have growled at the quick, damning reaction that the principal had toward him. The girl knew she needed to defend her new friend. She spoke up, her head held high. "Sir, I'm here because he's my friend, and I fail to see why everyone is so quick to condemn him. Isn't it policy at this school to try and help those who appear to need it? I've personally seen that help so many people here, but why is it that you and all the other teachers here are so quick to judge and rule against Conner?"

"You should choose your friends better, Koli," the principal said with a concerned voice. He frowned when she questioned his quick condemnation of Connor however. "His chronic tardiness shows that he doesn't take his academic career seriously. Now, this talk of bringing weapons to school." Principal Vargas looked at Connor. "We have a zero tolerance policy here. I could expel him just for making the threat." Connor stood and faced the principal.

"Sir, I was only making a joke," Connor said politely. "You don't really think I have a suit of armor or that if I did, I'd wear it to school?"

"Some jokes aren't funny, Mr. Black," the principal said sternly. "I would think that considering the amount of trouble you're in, you wouldn't be so flippant about it anyway. How many unexcused tardies is this now? What is your grade in Mr. Ward's class so far this year? A D, isn't it? You'd be better off putting your effort into paying attention in class and studying than making provocative jokes."

"I don't try to be tardy, sir," Connor answered. "I have trouble with my alarm clock. I've tried to find one I can operate better, but I haven't had much luck." Connor's face showed a trace of frustration and possibly anger for a moment. "I would like for you to explain to me how I can pay attention in Mr. Ward's class when I get sent to the office so often? I'm missing another class right now, and there's a test Friday. How am I supposed to be ready for the test if I don't have a chance to learn the material, sir?"

"Stop disrupting class, and Mr. Ward won't need to send you to the office," Vargas said dismissively. "You're always ready with an excuse, but that won't help you in the real world, and it won't help you here. I've tried giving after school detention to you, but that clearly hasn't been enough to convince you to straighten out. So, you may come to Saturday detention for the next three weeks." Vargas looked at Koli. "You're a good girl, Koli. I think you should avoid this boy, but if you insist on trying to help him, I suggest you help him study. If he's serious about wanting to do well in Mr. Ward's class, he'll be an eager student. If not, you'll see his true colors quick enough as can leave him to his fate." The principal's tone revealed which possibility he thought was more likely. "Now, both of you get back to class."

"First of all, Mr. Vargas, everyone I know, including you and Mr. Ward, have said that I'm a good judge of character. Maybe there's something in him that neither of you are seeing. Second, he never brought up weapons! You did, sir! He was just joking about having a suit of armor! He said nothing about weapons." She sighed and tussled her hair a little." I was just teasing him about just how chivalrous he is. Third, he was in the classroom today before Mr. Ward was, so there was no reason for him to come down here. And as for the clock, I was going to go with him after school to get a new one that he could use easier." She felt sorry for Connor when she found out what his grade in Mr. Ward's class was. She didn't need the prompting from the principal to help him study. She already had every intention of helping him.

"Talking back, Koli?" Principal Vargas asked. "It seems like you're already picking up some of this boy's bad habits. It's good of you to go with him to get a clock. He won't have that for an excuse anymore. I wouldn't be too impressed with Connor's chivalry, if I were you. He just wants something from you. Be on your guard with him. Now, both of you get back to class." He looked at Connor and flinched slightly when he saw the boy's yellow eyes. Connor cast his gaze down quickly. "If you're so serious about wanting to learn, stop wasting time here." Principal Vargas went back into his office.

"Thank you, Koli," Connor said softly as he got up. "But please don't get in trouble because of me. If they decide you're a bad kid, they won't change their minds back very easily." Connor spoke from experience. His chronic tardiness alone had been enough for at least one teacher and everybody in the office to write him off as a bad kid. Then, word had spread through the teachers, and now everyone "knew" Connor Black was trouble. "We better get back to class. Maybe we'll be in time to find out what the homework for tonight is at least." Connor impulsively offered his hand to Koli before his mind could stop him from making such a mistake.

She grinned and took his offered hand as they left. "Don't worry about me. I'm not quite as submissive as people like to think I am, and most people who know me well know it." She smiled and kissed his cheek as they walked back to Mr. Ward's class again, giving him a reassuring squeeze of the hand. "No more slouching and thinking you're not good enough to even attempt to meet everyone's standards. You can't meet everyone's idea of a perfect person. Trust me. I've tried." When they reached the classroom, she gave him a quick peck on the lips before opening the door and walking into the class as Ward was writing the homework assignment up on the board.

Holding Koli's hand was sweet torture. Part of Connor was so happy to have that wonderful skin to skin contact. That part longed for even more. Another part knew that what he wanted could never work out. Koli wouldn't want him. If she ever knew his secret, she would hate and fear him.

The kiss on the cheek surprised Connor and the normally agile boy stumbled for a moment. But the kiss on the lips... the sweet soft touch of Koli's delightful lips on his was too wonderful. Connor had time to moan and for his hand to rise and caress Koli's cheek before she pulled away.

Koli ended the kiss and entered the room before Connor could do anything stupid, but he felt the effects of her soft kiss rushing through his body like a wildfire. A large part of Connor wanted to take the kind, beautiful girl in his arms and kiss her passionately. His hands and mouth longed to explore Koli's body. His cock gave a small twitch to let Connor know his feelings were dangerous and foolish.

Connor hurried to his seat and copied down the homework assignment. He glanced over at Koli, but tried to not get caught doing so. Connor struggled with his feelings until the bell rang. I need some ice to pour down my pants, he thought. Modern technology made ice much easier to get than Connor remembered, but getting some while at school was out of the question.

Connor put his books away when the bell rang and he hurried out of the classroom. I'm not safe for Koli, he thought. I...I need to avoid her. Connor was so distracted by his worries and the all was so full of students changing class that he didn't notice he was being watched very closely. Connor didn't know that plans were in motion, or that a trap was being set for him. He had plenty on his mind already.

Koli smiled and was the last one out of the class, her books in hand. She couldn't help looking at his ass, and she smiled sweetly. She couldn't wait until after school. Her hands smoothed over her skirt, and she headed off to her next class. That class and all of her others seemed much longer than usual, and she was bored. Even though she looked like she was paying attention, and even taking notes, the straight A student couldn't keep her mind off of Connor. Something about him reminded her of a frightened puppy, and she sighed. She only wanted to help him, and she would do it whether he wanted her to or not. She had a fairly easy day, and she had an off period for the last period. She sat on the steps in the front of the school, working on her homework and waiting for Connor.

Connor's last class of the day was finally over. The ebon haired teen genuinely wanted to learn, and he applied himself to his studies. That day, however, he was very distracted by thoughts of Koli. It was true that the kind, beautiful girl wanted to help him with his studies, but that wasn't the only reason Connor couldn't stop thinking about her.

As Connor walked quickly down the hall, he felt a sudden wave of dizziness. The youth didn't see the two hidden symbols drawn on either side of the hall briefly glow as he passed. As he continued on, Conner began to feel increasingly hot and uncomfortable. He opened his tunic to cool down, forgetting as he did so that he hadn't put a t shirt on under it that morning.

The outside air seemed to help a little, but Connor was feeling terrible when he found Koli waiting for him.

"Hey, Koli," Connor said, with a happy smile. Just seeing his only friend seemed to make Connor feel a little better.

Back
Top Bottom