Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

5th Edition Shadowrun Interest Check

Kite Xiroh

Local exhausted magus
Supporter
I'm wanting to know how many people are experienced with and interested in Shadowrun 5e.

I have the hard copy (thanks, Skeith) and was wondering if I should learn it soon and get a game going here.

Good to hear.
I'll start studying when I get the chance. If I can't run for everyone, I'd at least like to play.

Excellent news.

It'll take me a while to study the book, so I might be a long time.

It's gonna be a while before I start.

Still have to thoroughly absorb the book.

Hey there, if you run a Shadowrun game I'd love to join.

I know the 5th edition rules alright, mostly for the meat world and rigging. Less familiar with magic and matrix. Let me know if you have questions. The rules are pretty hard to learn only from the book.

We haven't started Shadowrun 5, but I figure this is a good space for us fans to gather, even if someone besides me wants to run the game.

5e SR was a motherfucker to run IRL. I couldn't figure out magic and hacking to save my life-- the combat was challenging enough on its own! That said, I have a runner that is ready to go should there be a need for her. When it all comes together it can be a lot of fun!

Excellent news.

I'm glad to see so many runners here on BMR.

Again, it's going to take me time to study the book, so if anyone here is up for GMing it, I'm okay with that.

You know, if we still have people, I'd like to try throwing my hat in to GM an idea I had. The elevator pitch version is that two local runners in a bit of a pinch (one injured, the other unfortunately occupied and unable to do this himself) have called in some favors to get the group together to do a very quick run. Specifically, get back a black gemstone power focus and telesma sword that this no name thief took while in transit.

It needs to be done fast, because that thief also happened to steal an arcane book that the owner was going to sell to S-K. Incidentally, the rumored sale price was starting at 500 Million nuyen. So they are pretty sure that the thief will be dead soon, and want their stuff back before the dragon's corp takes the book and everything else. You can keep anything but the two items they want and the book that S-K wants, and will be rewarded extra for speed.

I can help out if you want. At least when not GM-ing, I say that doing can help learning.

I can hep too, Kite, nad I'd love to play.

Is this going to be basic starting game? Maybe sum to 10? Or will you use one of the alternates to give us a little edge?

I often enjoys spellcaster types, but if we're doing raw basics theres an elf rat adept i'd love to give another shot too.

I'm thinking Sum-to-12 as the edge up. If you're using Chummer to do the generation, it'll know what to do with just a few easy changes. If you need an overview, it's like standard creation, but each prioirty rank is given a value from 4 (an A) to 0 (an E) and as long as all your priorities add up to 10, that's valid. (Or 12 in this case.) If you're unsure, a higher Priority in metatype gives more Edge, which is not bad and then you can look at what else to bump.

Back
Top Bottom