Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How did you learn of Roleplay?

I didn't learn of it anywhere. I got into writing before I was a teenager and that led to me involving my sibling after a whilst. Eventually, we were always writing together. After a few years we both moved to the internet and that is when I found random people to write with on a forum that wasn't even dedicated to writing.

Joining a friend's site years ago. I had written plenty of stories by myself but seeing a collaboration between two or more people was exhilarating especially when I had no idea what the other person's character would do which can be a good thing and bad too.

I think I found out about RP from various chat rooms I used to frequent. Then I found out there were actual message boards devoted to it, and that certainly made finding detailed writing partners a lot easier.

Funnily enough, I found it searching for writing tips. Came across a roleplaying forum and got intrigued and joined in. But that was years ago and I've been hooked ever since tbh.

Started poking around in a few chat rooms but really got into it my rping on facebook a few years ago.

Use to be yahoo chat before moving to MySpace for a few. MySpace took away the chats so us writers on MySpace found Mocospace. Stayed there writing until it became a horrible environment to write. I was also on roleplaygateway when it appeared. Got bored and found geeking, now I am here.

Originally from D&D and friends in middle school (way back in the days where your phone was still wired to the house).
Did that for years, some real life rp groups for Gurps and CyberPunk, that was off and on for years, got into online rp games but I liked writing my own stories more and searching around found here a few years ago. Took a hiatus and back.

Use to be yahoo chat before moving to MySpace for a few. MySpace took away the chats so us writers on MySpace found Mocospace. Stayed there writing until it became a horrible environment to write. I was also on roleplaygateway when it appeared. Got bored and found geeking, now I am here.
Oh my god. A fellow Mocospace survivor. I wrote on that hellsite for years.

I got hooked up with Sailor Moon/anime fan back when I used Plodigy....I mean Prodigy. 14.6K dial up days. I discovered fanfics and while discussing them with friends we started writing stories together. Then I ran into Doc Droid and he got me into the RP's with sex. We wrote 14+ stories with him playing a villain and me play a Wonder Woman knockoff called 'Ultra Woman'. Lots of sex and lots of great plot/dialogue. After, yahoo groups.

It was so long ago ('97) I don't really remember. But I think it was just a natural progression from Cybersex to playing a CHARACTER and describing THEM as having the sex. AOL chatrooms, man. Though that quickly moved on to MUCKs.

Oh gosh, I learned of role playing through the dang AOL chat rooms. Haha, the Inuyasha room's to be exact, so at the start of 2000 I believe? From there it moved to Neopets, then Gaia online is where I felt I truly started to get more involved and branching off. Just grew and kept going from there!

Oh gosh, I learned of role playing through the dang AOL chat rooms. Haha, the Inuyasha room's to be exact, so at the start of 2000 I believe? From there it moved to Neopets, then Gaia online is where I felt I truly started to get more involved and branching off. Just grew and kept going from there!

A/S/L? ;)

Do you remember the guilds? WITH THE DICE?

A/S/L? ;)

Do you remember the guilds? WITH THE DICE?
A/S/L!! I am dying!! Hahahaha

Oh my god I do remember those!!! I remember going into a fandom rping chat and having to request a 'role call' to see who had been taken already. :ROFLMAO:

I had a friend who introduced me to it when we were both really into homestuck on msparp and chatzy.

Learned of roleplay through GaiaOnline and its forums/Guilds. Guilds dedicates just to roleplay. I’m pretty sure my first was like, some Harry Potter fandom Guild. LOL.

I'm not sure I have learned of roleplay yet. Anyone care to teach me?
It’s just writing stories with other people! I suggest going to look through existing roleplays on this site so you get a sense of what or how you want to write, or you can look through some request threads to see if anything grabs your interest.

I first encountered RPing in a Pokemon forum I joined way back when. lol I can't get through rereading my old posts without facepalming, but it definitely helped me get better. It's kinda nice seeing how much I've progressed.

Gaia Online years ago. Started in the forums by accident, and then took it to PMs... Still my favorite character and oldest story I've ever done.

Well when I was a younger I frequented this site called 'Heromachine', which was a neat little program where you could use predrawn assets to create characters of all sorts. Then I found the forum for that site, and saw people were using their creations for roleplays. Thought it was cool, so I went there for a bit, then moved on to a full onRP site.

Eventually I developed an interest in more adult stuff, so I eventually swung by here in addition to the regular site I use.

Boy I feel old.

Back
Top Bottom