Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

L's renewal /Luna//Kratos/

"Not only that, I'd be the prime suspect..so I kept my mouth shut." Luna stretched and yawned a bit. "Knowing them they'd just throw me in jail. Ignorant fools." Reyson shook his head. "A reviver...more like a necromancer." He said bitterly. Luna looked at Reyson and then sighed. "We'll find him, Reyson. I swear it." She said softly. He looked at her and then nodded slowly.

This did not come as much of a shock to L when she mentioned such a thing, she did have the power to bring back people with that book after all.. so of course she would be a suspect high up on their list, if they knew she could bring back people to life. That and he had looked through her book, the names.. their were not really that many written his being rather recent.. It was obvious she was not the problem since why would she bring back the person that could catch her.. L had not even a moment of doubt that she was just a normal person.. well close enough to the fact that she could bring back people.. that Luna.. chose to instead of only bringing back criminals. "Hmm.. I remember there used to be stories about such people.. that used rituals.. and other assorted .. 'magic' as such to bring back the dead.. maybe your onto something their.. thats if they don't have a personal angel.." He was sure they would fine more clues upon being in the city.. but for now one could only think as the plane was in the air , on it's way to the prime location.

"I doubt that Necromancers from the legend truly exist, but someone who brings back people for evil is a necromancer." Reyson simply said. After a while Luna and Reyson lapsed into silence, though with Luna it was more or less her getting a crash from the coffee. She sighed a bit and then yawned. It kind of was awkward to make idle conversation with L. She really didn't know anything about him, so talking about anything but the case would be hard. She closed her eyes and leaned against the window.

L also thought it would be highly unlikely but the title of such a legend, still fitted who ever this person was that was using the power to bring back others from the dead.. there was not much else to really talk about, since L was not used to talking face to face, with the people that he would pretty much be working for. Well in this case,.. was the scenario really,.. "Luna.. you don't have to answer this .. but mind telling me a little about your past.. that Reyson mentioned earlier...." It was about all that L could try to think of to speak with her, since then it could possibly also get him to speak but other then that it was more then likely going to be a quiet journey.

"My past?" She repeated, looking at him with a puzzled expression. "Hmm..well I left my mother and father for college at age sixteen to go to college but I dropped out after losing my job, and then I just started the maid thing at age seventeen, and ever since I haven't really been doing anything with my life.." She looked out the window and smirked. "Although I do tend to give the police department a hand with their cases. They really should start paying me."

Although it felt a little odd for L himself to be asking about such a thing, it was something that he decided to ask about to at least make talking between the two of them a little less awkward then it felt although asking about such a thing.. well, he was unsure what he would hear other then the fact of how she became like she had now. Something about Luna made her more interesting then the average person.. apart from the fact that she wore a maid's outfit and had a angel with her.. something of a personal quality. "At least you knew who your family once was.. I was orphaned.. and my memories are blurred from how long ago it all feels,.. I was then looked after from then onward by whom we called Wammy to begin with,.. although I later found out that his actual name was Watari.. you probably have heard quite a bit about how I then started to solve cases that interested me.. and well money is something you won't have to worry about anymore.. I can guarantee it"

"Oh, sometimes I wish I never knew my parents. My mother was a model and my father owns the biggest car dealership in Britain. When I told them I was interested in becoming a detective, they simply laughed. I have no idea who I inherited my smarts from, but it surely wasn't either of them." Luna sighed and shook her head. "The thought of me using my head to get ahead in life confused them, because they never had to think to make money. Which, according to my dreadful father, is why I'm poor. My mother graciously offered to take me back in, however the conditions were that I become a model, but honestly I've got more brains than looks, so I politely declined. I swear, those people are so obnoxious...Even when they're trying to be nice." She looked at L and smiled. "Its about time something worked out for me."

L just listened for a moment a slight confusion crossing him as he listened to the story of her life. Most girls would have loved to have such a life.. such parents, of which receiving money would have been easy if they followed what their parents suggest but Luna.. was not any ordinary female anyhow.. and so in a way he could relate, but also feel a slight sympathy for her. "Your parents might be right in a way.. but that is how they make money.. not how you can,.. after all trust me.. money does not bring that much happiness and well.. there are many ways of making it. All it can do is help offer the way to opportunities.., although.. Oh what am I saying.. I don't feel happiness often anyhow.." L sighed before looking to the side away from her for a moment before slowly deciding to turn towards her "I partially envy you.. at least you have parents to say that you wish you did not have.. All I had was Watari.. and he is dead,.. now I have nothing.."

Luna kind of felt bad for her last comment. She took a deep breath and then let it out in a long sigh. "I would have brought him back for you, but it was against the rules. I'm sorry, L. However, you are wrong about something. I'm not all buisness, you know. You've got me to turn to. I know we've only met today, but I promise you I will be there for you. Its the least I can do, for all that you're about to do for me. So please don't say you don't have anyone. Because as far as I know, I'm a someone." She smiled at him, though it was a sad smile. Not as sarcastic as the last. However, it was also reassuring.

L could see the slight change of emotions in Luna after he had said what he had to say before slowly he shook his head "Watari knew his time was coming close to an end.. He told me,.. and he said no one would be able to save him.. Wammy sure was one person that was good at prediction, but still if that was the case,.. why did he not see that could have happened.." A sigh left the black haired male before he heard what Luna had started to say going completely quiet to just listen to her speak. They were nice words.. , and the smile that showed had somewhat sadness contained within it.. but it did reassure him a little. ".. I guess I never thought of such a thing.. for that I must thank you Luna.. first you gave me a second chance at life.. and now you say that you will be there for me, If I need someone.. It means a lot.."

"Oh, its not like you're indebted to me or anything...I brought you back to life, but I also needed you for a case...and on top of that I need you to put a roof over my head. Let's just call it even, yeah?" Luna's smile became brighter and then she yawned slightly. "Anyway, we should be there in another hour. We'll be staying in a safe house until other arrangements are made."

"I guess.. even it is then" L was reasonable about such things and although he valued life over money since a dead person could not really spend much.. except at a funeral if they had one on top of that.. "Not to long now.. Been a while since I have left Japan,.. it ill not take long to organize our own location.. but it's good a safe house is arranged.." He decided to just relax before speaking "If you want Luna.. now would be a good time to rest, I probably won't talk much until we get there.."

"Oh..." Luna wondered if she was being that obvious about being tired. "Okay then. I wanted to keep you company, but I guess you need some time to think by yourself." She looked at Reyson, who was staring off into space across the aisle. "He won't give you much of a conversation. He keeps to himself a lot." Luna shut her eyes and then rested her head against the window. It wasn't long before she fell asleep.

The fact that L had spoken as much as he had was rather a feat of its own, since usually he would only speak a lot if something had been figured out or if a new idea has aroused yet nothing of that sort could happen on a flight. He decided to just rest, not really fussed about sleeping since he was not much for sleep anyhow and his death had felt like one.. which would probably allow him to stay up for days with out an issue. The plane would not take long to get to it's destination and yet L felt slightly eager about catching the criminal and also getting a place setup for the two of them. He looked at Reyson once Luna had dozed of a little before speaking once more "nothing more that can be told to me.. am I correct?"

Reyson looked at L and then nodded. "We've told you everything we know, which isn't much." He then looked over at Luna's sleeping form. "She didn't get much of a chance to investigate." He said with a sigh. "But she thinks that with your help we'll find the one who's doing this in no time...and I trust her. So in a sense, I guess I trust you too." He looked away after that and folded his arms. For an angel, he really was unpleasant.

L looked at Luna upon her getting talked about before hearing him continue to speak. It was normal for him to hear a lack of trust, yet at least Reyson trusted him somewhat since Luna seemed to have complete trust in him. "well.. we will be there and then I can start trying to investigate personally.." L then sighed deciding to relax in his chair a little and think a bit about everything told at least so far, trying to make early connections. It was like dealing with an anti-Kira.. yet worse in a way, although he did not agree with Kira's killing, he also did not agree with the committed coming back to life.. which would mean they would have to be recaptured.. and well it just sounded like a mess of a situation.

Back
Top Bottom