Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

L's renewal /Luna//Kratos/

Kratos

Supernova
Upon taking up the case of Kira, it was known that who ever tried to capture him would become the prime targets of whom liked to refer to himself as a god of a world that was trying to be created. L was simply one of these peoples that tried to get close to the truth.. and the closer he got, the more dangerous it became. To a point were he thought he knew who was Kira.. But then Yagami Light was partially proven innocent, It made little to no sense,.. and then it happened. The day everything came to a halt, Kira had won against him.. and as the day progressed L knew his death was going to occur.. a uncommon fact though was that with the existence of shinigami's.. many did not know of their equals.. and their opposites, who were not gods of death but the opposite.. and that they worked in similar ways but only to extend ones life,.. the only way to kill one was to get them to kill someone to save a person. Even the shinigami's knew not of the existence of gods who could grant life.. and L himself was yet to find out..

Death sure was quick once it was to occur, it was not controllable or predictable, and L shortly fell to the floor after his heart stopped beating it's last beat for now. Everything went dark,.. and cold. Nothing seemed to exist anymore and then everything just stops, one can not think one can not exist, it is a nothingness, of which the soul just sits in and slowly degrades.. well if left in such a state,. The standard procedures were dealt to his body, and after all that he was taken to a morgue, a place usually for the dead. But this was going to change.. Could you ever know what it is like to suddenly feel alive again, to breath in and open ones eyes after death.. Its like a light switch.. once turned back on, it lights up instantly in this case someones life.. but if the bulb... or the soul is dead.. then such a thing will not happen and the life will be replaced by another birth. L had plenty of years left in him,.. and yet his eye lids flicked open his mind in confusion as he held his chest.. partially not believing if he was alive. His body did not react straight away from what his mind thought and so he rolled when he tried to get up,.. it seemed they were about to fully dispose of him but now that was not going to occur.

What is going on here.. Is this the after life.. that some talk about, something that I have not been able to believe in since Wammy's.. Slowly L managed to stand up running a hand through his hair slightly confused at what was going on a finger going to his lip as he thought for a moment before he spoke out loud quietly. "I sure.. could do with some sort of sugar filled food..."

maidchick.jpg

It had been a long trip to Japan to find the famous detective who called himself L. She knew he already had a case, but she needed his help in her country. She knew all about the Death Note and Kira, but someone had decided to follow in his shadow. Kira started off by killing only criminals, but this person decided that it would be fun to bring the criminals back to life.

Complete chaos erupted when the supposedly dead criminals came back to life. They didnâ??t want to change, they wanted to commit the same crimes, thinking no matter what happened theyâ??d just come back again. They thought they were immortals. Luna could no longer sit back and believe what everyone else did. The Kira case made her believe this power was of a similar origin. And just as she left her school she found a small book that looked like an old diary. However, the pages were blank, and there were only rules.

One, using the notebook for anything less than good would cause you to go to neither heaven nor hell when you died. Two, you cannot use the notebook on yourself. Three, whomeverâ??s name you wrote could not be deceased for longer than forty-eight hours. Four, you cannot use the notebook on anyone that was older than sixty. Five, you cannot use the notebook more than once per person.

It was like a repellant for Shinigami. They would eventually die again, but not for at least two years. Luna didnâ??t fully understand the logic, but she kept it nonetheless. Then she found herself a witness to a hit and run. He was no more than sixteen years old, and if he hadnâ??t had his ID on him, Luna wouldnâ??t have been able to try it. She felt silly at first, knowing she should have called the police right away, but she did it. She wrote his name and less than a minute later he woke up. It was a miracle, the medics said. He had broken bones, but everything seemed fine. She blinked and then decided to name it the book of miracles. It was pretty thin, and she wondered if she would ever run out of pages.

And then he appeared. He had white wings that spanned at least six feet. She jumped away from him and realized he was like an angel. She looked around, wondering why no one else had been staring at him. â??Donâ??t worry, human. No one else can see me but you.â? He looked at the book in her hands. â??I dropped that. However, since you picked it up, its yours now. So, humanâ?¦I will be following you. Maybe, if I think youâ??re right for the job, Iâ??ll tell you my purpose of being here.â?

reyson.jpg

Once he did, then everything fell into place. She then found herself a little too late, but she had decided to go to the morgue, hoping his body and name would be there. Fortunately it was, and so she found herself writing his name down. It worked, and she waited for him to recover. She smiled, and then offered him a stick of pocky. â??Welcome back, L. My name is Luna Sinclair, and I am in need of your help. But first, we need to get you out of here.â?

L to begin with never believed of things called shinigami's, and in saying that.. it was going to be obvious that upon finding out their were opposites to such a thing, it was not something he would easily believe either. Upon reawakening into a not so perfect world, he knew that somehow.. it was best to just stay dead on the records and let someone finish off what he had not been able to complete, Kira was to reckless that eventually Yagami Light would prove that he himself was the culprit.. L still had his suspicions, and yet it was to insignificant now for him to try and try again. His name was possibly known since somehow he had died anyhow, and all that was needed was a name and face..

That was the ingredients of death, and the second Kira had proven that it was possible.. to cause death with a glance.. a photo,.. Misa before something happened and made her not so deadly.. something about her brought chills to him but she to was more reckless then Light.. and a fool in truth that seemed to be trapped and being used by Kira.. for his own benefits. Yet here he was now, granted a second chance.. the only second chance that he would ever get, This was something he did not know.. and the whole being alive thing now was hard enough not to believe. It was all cold lonely, and empty.. before he felt as if something sucked him back into his body.. a blinding light showing the whole time.. which was why at first not much was seen. But upon hearing the voice he turned facing the person who had spoken. She seemed a kind person just from the smile she offered, and well.. she had something else that was something he had wanted.

L took the offered pocky before putting it half in his mouth letting it sit their the end poking out as he listened to what Luna had to say to him. Well you probably know my name.. since if I am correct you somehow brought me back from that nothingness.. similar to how Kira kills people am i correct?" He eyed Luna for a moment before he nodded at her "Yes, lets get out of here.. I would agree with that." He was curious how his life was granted back to him.. after knowing death had managed to get him, but now here he was.. It made little sense and did not follow reality but, if Kira could kill surely one could make someone alive as well, that was just how it had to work.. or things would be unbalanced

Partially he was wondering what was next, and what would Luna would want with someone like L.. it was obvious she had a reason for bringing him back to life.. something that he would owe her if she did not allow him to change that, Simply put humans never just brought back anyone for no reason if they could.. everything had a reason,.. This was something that had been realized at a early point in L's life.. which had been why he dedicated everything he could to catching criminals, that he had an interest in catching.. simply put, if they were needed his talent to catch them. Then L would make a choice if to help them,

Luna was glad this man was level headed. If someone clearly remembered dying and stayed that way for more than a minute, theyâ??d be panicking. She had never showed her face around the ones she had brought back until now. Had he been one of those people, he could have easily called her a witch or somethingâ?¦and she really didnâ??t need him to be afraid of her in the least. She undid her large overcoat, and gave it to him so that he wouldnâ??t be traveling with her naked. Thatâ??s the last thing they needed, lest they draw attention. However, the outfit she was wearing wasnâ??t exactly inconspicuous. Reyson appeared before her. â?None of the cameras are workingâ?¦for now. We need to leave. The longer we stay, the riskier it gets.â? Luna nodded.

She waited for L to put on the coat and she led him back the way she came when she snuck in. They already had a plane waiting just for them. Luna wasnâ??t exactly the richest person in the world, but the British government who believed she could L for them funded her trip. A limo awaited them outside, also courtesy of the government. She led him in the limo and they drove off. Luna hadnâ??t really thought of what sheâ??d say to L when she got him to join her. She sat nervously for a few moments before Reyson cleared his throat.

Reyson wasnâ??t the most trusting of people, but he needed to find the fallen angel who was responsible for this. If he had fallen, he needed to be disposed of, but if he was being used against his will, then he would interfere using humans as well. Reyson didnâ??t count on getting attached to the person who had picked up the notebook, but after a solid month with her he came to care about her. Usually Shinigami and Angels did not get attached to anyone and he knew it was dangerous, but he knew that he was strong enough to let her go if the time came. The one thing she didnâ??t know is that when she died sheâ??d become an angel herself, if she did not abuse the book for her own benefit.

Luna heard Reysonâ??s gesture of impatience and sighed. â??Iâ??m not good at explaining things, but here it goes. I know how deeply you are involved in the Kira case and how close you were to solving the case. Itâ??s a shame that you were killed in the process, but this case might be a little bit easier in terms of putting your life on the line.â? She took out her book and then allowed it to touch his skin. Reyson became visible to him, and he glared at Luna. Luna simply ignored him. He needed L to believe her one hundred percent.

â??We are dealing with someone who brings back criminals to life in Britain. Reyson is an Angel of Life, and since I was given the same power as the person who is creating such chaos, I understand his limitations. Reyson told me that sometimes people come back for a purpose, and we can manipulate the person we choose to bring back if we feel the need. So far I havenâ??t done that. If you would like I can prove it to you.â? She handed him the book so he could look through it himself. â??That includes you. You are at your own free will, if you choose to leave me than that is your choice.â?

L had not realized that he had no clothes on until he felt the cold breeze against his whole body, a chill sliding up his spine as he gratefully accepted the large overcoat. He knew that the situation that was existing at the moment would probably be bad, if they attracted to much attention and so him with at least some clothes on now, would not do such a thing.. all though Luna was not exactly dressed like what you would expect from someone from around this sort of location. A slight confusion crossed him when he saw Luna seemingly nod at nothing the look on her face said she agreed with something,.. was this some sort of trick that was occurring.. He was uncertain but decided not to question it since after all, he was alive again...

And that was something that L felt good about. Life was something that meant at least something to him, and slowly he followed Luna now as she lead towards the way she obviously entered through. It seemed all this was pretty well organized as he saw the limo waiting for the two, how odd to see a limo in front of a morgue but nether the less the two of them seemed to enter, before the limo started to drive, to its destination which judging by the route it was taking already.. had to be the airport.

It was silent inside the limo for a little, as he looked out the window for a moment seeing the color of the city. It was not exactly something great really.. just a lot of spent money, and hearing Luna speak he turned towards her to now face her as he listened to her words. He went to speak before looking at Luna a little strangely when he saw her bring out a book of which she touched against L, before he saw it.. what ever he could be described as anyhow. He had heard of shinigami's being shown the same sort of style, yet this seemed different which slightly confused him..

L just absorbed what was being said to him now, hearing what he was to call this.. angel of life so to speak, Out of interest he started to look through what just appeared to look like a normal diary, and eventually he came across his own name.. which could mean only one thing, Luna had managed to bring him back to life.. and so in truth he owed her something. He had a choice to make.. that was clear and yet it was not an easy one. "Reyson.. by saying such things like you exist.. does that mean your the true opposite of a Shinigami?.. He looked again at the angel of life, before realizing something Maybe i never died.. and that this is all just a dream, .. that I am in a coma.. maybe if I get them to prove that they have the power they say..

Slowly he started to speak again "Fine.. I will try to help on one condition, that you prove this ... should i call it notebook? Works,.. other wise I will not know if it was actually you who brought me back.. because if it was , then I owe you more then I want to.. and so walking away would not be an option.. so prove it, prove you can bring someone back to life.."

"Its not like we can kill someone and bring them back just so you can trust us!" Reyson spat. Luna held up her hand and Reyson simply looked away in disgust. "Yes, of course. I predicted that you would ask that of us. Though Reyson is right...We can't kill anyone. I suppose we'll just have to drive around until we find someone who's near death or already dead." The limo seemed to change direction, and a small radio could be heard. Upon closer attention it was a police radio, and Luna knew that there had to be someone somewhere who was in trouble.

L had expected as much from Reyson, and he had not wanted them to kill someone just to bring them back, but because of how many people die in this world.. it would not take much effort to try and find one and show the power of this diary for his own eyes, "I never suggested you kill someone.. that would just bring you down to Kira's level.. or should I say, peoples life's are not for toying with like that either.. but this world has so many deaths.. natural or caused,.. it sounds like something was going on which could give them a chance.. without actually forcefully killing someone to show proof. L just sat back now noticing that this angel seemed to have a slight dislike for the way he treated things,.. but that was L, he wanted proof..

After a few moments the had come across a police scene. "Tsubaki Shikimori...is the victims name from what the radio says, correct?" Reyson nodded. Luna wrote down the girls name and then listened for a while. I don't believe it...she has a pulse again! Someone, call an ambulance fast! The radio blared. Luna looked at L. "Is that satisfactory?"

L watched and witnessed Luna write down that person's name after it had been confirmed by Reyson on what she had heard, obviously spelling mattered.. or it would not work so it seemed, and then he listened to the radio before a small look of amazement crossed his face. ...What they would define a miracle.. in the hands of humans.. the deathnote works similar.. but in reverse taking lives.. except she did not have to see the person's face.. He nodded slowly looking through his dark hair as some of it had fallen in front of his eyes briefly, "So Reyson.. that book is originally yours then I take it.. and she managed to stumble across it.. and saw you, like I did.."

The glory of the notebook was that if anyone with the name she wrote down was in range of her she did not need a face, but she did if she wanted to bring back someone more than a mile away. Reyson gave a simple nod. "As long as I am with her she can not be affected by a deathnote. Only when her natural life span is gone will she die. However...she is still vulnerable to whoever is resurecting and manipulating those convicts, so I had her use an alias." Luna crossed her legs as the limo started to pull off.

It seemed although similar but direct opposite of the deathnote, it seemed more practical.. to not have to see someone to revive them back to life.. "Well Alias's are good to protect and hide identities.. I know this rather well,.." He had not expected from Luna anything different, since after all she had quite a reason for others to try and take her out... she might be protected from the deathnote directly,.. but this new problem was what interested him.. "So.. what were dealing with is almost an opposite of Kira.. instead of killing convicts they want a world of terror and crime.."

Luna nodded. "So it would seem. However, his acts prove to be irrational...after all, the people he brings back just get killed again. Sooner or later, he'll get bored. He will start planning things better once he's used to his power." Luna closed her eyes and sighed. "I can't let it get to that point. I have to solve this case as quick as possible. But, despite my knowledge of what he is capable of, I can't do it alone. I'm not a famous detective or anything so its hard to get proper resources.."

L thought about how realistic such a thing was, and if the people did keep dying.. it would be tiring and annoying to have to rebring them back.. just for it to happen. "So that is why you had to find someone.. and knowing that I although died and had been on the Kira case.. you knew if you could find me.. and my name, by bringing me back.. I would help you correct?" He was interested in the motive of why she had brought him back,.. it had to be the reason, just to help with this case. Still he was not complaining, it almost felt like sleeping.. that's what death is like, an eternal sleep.. but being woken up from that,.. was just what L would have wanted. "I am sure he is quite reckless.. just bringing back people like he is,.. So I will help.. only because I know that the Kira case will be handled.. I heard rumors just before I died, that Near.. and another was taking control of it if anything happened to me.. and they will cope.

Luna smiled. "Good to know. Now...about finances.." She blushed and looked away nervously. "I'm not made of money. Currently I've been having some trouble." She paused and Reyson sighed. "Well my living situation is a bit complicated.." She twiddled her thumbs, trying to butter up her next sentence. "Luna is homeless. She works as a maid and stays at her employers house. Recently she was fired because she was on this case, so now the police are letting her sleep at the station." Reyson bluntly stated.

L to begin with could partially tell just by how she was dressed at this moment, that all of this seemed to be arranged by the government more so then her. It seemed she was trying to carefully word her words, and seemed to be having a little bit of an issue doing such a thing. It seemed Reyson had no issue though.. just telling it how it was and so L then answered.. "Well I can put an end to that.. after all, I will need to buy as a place to setup for headquarters anyhow.. I always tend to work better in locations that I own.." This was more him trying to offer something for bringing him back to life, and although really that was about all he could offer at this moment he partially hope she accepted.

"Really? Well..I don't want to impose." Luna mumbled, looking at her feet. A small smile could be seen on her face. Reyson was going to be sick. She was acting like a little girl. "If we're going to stay in your home the least Luna could do is work for you. I understand you like sweets and that seems to be her forte in cooking." He said, folding his arms. Luna nodded. "My best dish is strawberry carimasu." She said with a brighter smile. The limo stopped and she realized they were at the airport.

The small smile seemed to show that Luna appreciated such an offer.. but it was almost childish about the method she went about showing it.. and Reyson seemed to completely feel off from such a way she was acting.. This was a good point to consider, but after all she had saved his life,.. still, L was weak when it came to sweet food, it was almost like an addiction.. a craving that could never be stopped. "Okay.. that I can agree with" It seemed the limo stopped which meant they had reached their first destination.. "I guess we shall discuss it more on the plane, but now.. after you.." He gestured as he walked out to then lead,

Luna got out of the car and smiled at him before leading him to the plane. Reyson followed them both and hoped that Luna would get a hold of herself. Once they boarded the plane took off, and Luna looked at her watch. It was two in the morning and she needed coffee to make sure she'd stay awake. She had packed some and a few snacks for the trip. She took her bag that she had left on the plane and fished through it, handing him some canned coffee and a few packaged sweets first.

L had no idea on what the time was when they managed to get through onto their plane.. That was mainly because he knew not what time he had been brought back alive, and yet seeing the coffee and the snacks, a general craving for the two kicked in a small smile crossing his face seeing it being offered to him as well, the snacks Luna had given him... were the first things to go, which was expected from L, and then he decided to look at the canned coffee before sorting something out in that regard. "Is their anything you have noticed .. about this person who is meddling with bringing back countless numbers of killed criminals?.. for example.. is he bringing back the most dangerous.. or what sort?.. just simple trends like that might help narrow down what sort of person this guy/girl.. is"

Luna knew she was going to pay for this caffiene rush but she needed to stay awake for L. "They seem to bring back just anyone. Their actions are erratic. But I know that they have access to classified information, since our executed convicts don't exactly make headlines." Luna looked at the empty can in her lap. "They might be a hacker...or perhaps they have permission to view the information. Oh, and criminals who get killed during their crime by police also get ressurected."

(sorry on delay,)

A few of these options were striking something within L, but not much was helping towards working out possible suspect or types of suspects. "This could mean someone within the police themselves.. we must not trust them with to much information.. as for a hacker that is a possibility as well, but for all we know.. it could just be another power hungry school child.. who just wants to toy around with Kira.. and bring misery to the world in his or her own way.. or it could be a group of people.. I guess this I will try to work out more when we get there.."

"That would be best. After all, I'm sure the police have some more information that they're withholding from a little girl like me." Luna folded her arms and rolled her eyes. "But...I have you now, and if you listen, they will too." She said after a bit. "Thats what you assume, anyway." Reyson interjected, floating on his back down the aisle of the plane. "You're getting crabby, Reyson. Do you want a snack?" Luna asked with a smile. "...Don't tempt me with those addicting carrots.." He glared at her.

((sorry for delay))

L watched Luna's actions almost slightly curiously.. they were expected but truth was he never really got to see peoples true reactions and so they were interesting. Slowly he nodded at her comment, it made sense enough.. "We will never be able to tell Reyson.. until it is trialed, but without trialing.. we can still find out information so either way,.. I am sure we will cope.." If it was natural for L to laugh he would have let one out.. but a faint simple smile appeared quickly disappearing as he just relaxed into the plane. "Reyson.. would it be possible that the person bringing back evil people.. has something similar to you.. I mean I thought I read in the book that one could not be brought back for evil reasons.. and that if their death was just.. that they would have to accept it.. Or are you completely unsure how this person is mass reviving as such?"

((Twice you've said that. :[))

"There is no rule against using the book for anything evil, just that if you use it for anything less than good you can neither go to heaven nor hell. A miracle happen to the best and the worst of humans. There is no justification." Reyson stated before Luna shoved his snack in his face. Reyson glared at her and snatched it out of her hand before eating it slowly. "We're sure he's using the power of an angel." Luna said, nodding slowly. "But I haven't told the police."

((did not even notice.. heh))

It was more a mere misinterpretation of how it was set out but it slightly did baffle him, that a creature they called an angel, that usually people looked at for hope or help.. or other assorted things, could participate in because of a book of theirs. "I see.. that makes sort of sense," A faint laugh left him as he watched Reyson and how he took the carrot "Good they don't need to know yet until we are sure they are trustworthy and that none of them are the reviver..."

Back
Top Bottom