Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harpy Homestay (Wiki and Liam)

Of course there wouldn’t be any answer than he sounds of loud crashing and searing of metal as she had found some cans around the place and other small metal things and threw them around the air as she flew down and threw them up before her wings would glow a bit and she would swipe or spins her arms then to send some sharp feathers through almost like sharp crystals as well if someone would be watching close.

Yumi would then move to pick up another and move her arm again to shoot three feathers through it before falling to the ground with a loud burning searing sound as she finally made it back down looking through the open front door and hearing a small voice inside, standing a bit before walking back in. “ mmm don’t really know...” shrugging and sitting.

Last edited:
Kaito, didn’t hear Yumis wordsthrough the door. What he did hear was the sounds of crashing metal and vibration impacts on the floor and walls. “Had Yumi hurt herself somehow? Had the government construction crews done a shoddy job of setting up her things?”

He pushed into the room and froze as ... something buried itself in the door frame next to his head.

She looked over at him obviously a bit confused, “ oh!! I should maybe clean that or someone would get the wrong idea!” Running out as she picked up a can with a shard on it. “ I was just practing a little, if you have any plastic or other cans that you wanna set up then I could show you what I was doing. For my species we don’t really have feathers..” Starting to explain, “ well we do but there’s a layer in our wings where we can sort of grow a crystal inside our wings but of course with how our wings are it takes the shape of the feather. There’s the first soft layer then there’s the crystals and then the outer layer and with our power of lightning and our ability to go fast we can shoot those shards out like a weapon.” Crossing her arms as she wondered what he would think then.

Kaito gingerly poked the crystal feather buried in the window frame next to him, hissing as the sharpened edge effortlessly sliced into his finger.

He looked down around his back yard. Cans and bottles were sliced apart , or impaled in the yard or into the the sand garden. He supposed he had needed to re-rake it anyway.

He was still confused by most of what she had said. Nursing his bleeding finger, he asked dumbly, “lightning powers?”

Last edited:
“ I am monster of course, and I guess you didn’t really notice my bright colors or my tattoos and stuff, but yeah I am an elemental harpy and I use thunder and lightning, it’s basically a different form of the regular wind harpies. The other species are just elemental base forms of course. You can mostly tell anyway from the aura or the feathers.” Spreading her wings a bit and showing yellow wings with blue in between before flying up and sending a small gust of wind under her before going a circle above him.

There was something majestic about the way Yumi could so effortlessly fly up in the air, though there was quite a lot to take in from what she had said. Elementals? Sun-species? Obviously he had a lot to learn about Harpies.

“I’m going to go get changed, I’ll have some breakfast ready for you when you’re done with your... target practice.” He called up, readjusting his towel that had been disrupted by the wind from her wings.

“ hmmm well ok...” stretching as he would leave and she would run to fly up again and do it for a bit more before finally walking back in and sitting on the couch with a pant from using all the energy.

Kaito dressed quickly in a multicolored tank top, dark blue jeans, and a black hoodie before he went down to the kitchen.

He quickly fried up a few strips of bacon and a pile of toast with butter, before pouring some orange juice in what he already thought of as “Yumi’s“ cup and carried the food out to where the harpy girl was panting on the couch.

He set one of the plates in front of her. And then sat next to her. Taking a bite of bacon. “What would you like to do today Miss Yumi?” He asked between bites.

Yumi continued to lay down now with a sigh and yawn before sitting up a bit as her nose picked up the smell, sitting up but still laying back as she looked to see the food and take a piece and finally starting to eat. “ mmmm, well what do you usually do outside though, maybe around the city or something, would be fun to fly through it. Maybe I could even try carrying you..” deciding to say casually.

Alito began to answer her question as he munched in a piece of buttered toast. “Well I need to stop by the grocery store, and there’s a park nearby we could walk through on the way where you could fly around a bit...” he stopped as her last wordsprocessed in his brain. “.. Carry me?!?” He exclaimed.” Like on your back or with your... talons?” He asked doubting she could actually carry him on her back and eying her sharp claws warily.

“ hmmm that could work...wouldn’t mind that, and I could see more of the new places you go to, it’s gonna be cool!!!!” Jumping up as she looked over at him, “ what makes you think I could carry you on my back dummy.” Poking his arm feeling a bit annoyed with that, “ of course with the obvious but I don’t think that would work anyway unless I build up some speed to actually try to grab you and not drop you once we get there. And it’s cool cause that’s how we carry heavy stuff. We use our body to use the natural wind as kinda like an energy source and support for our claws since we don’t do much than not dropping something.” Explaining another thing of her species as she stretched her arms and legs.

Glancing down at her claws one more time, and now knowing that Yumi could summon lightning. Kaito was even more wary of her picking up speed to try and carry him. Frankly the idea was pretty terrifying.

At the same time he was interested in hearing more about her species and customs. It was more interesting than he had guessed.

“Well there’s a park near the shopping district where you could stretch your wings a little more freely if you’d like. Then we can go shopping. Though I don’t think shooting your feathers there will be a good idea.” He offered. “But could we just take the bus?” He asked just a little nervously.

“ well I had some practice anyway, and having a chance to explore more and in public. Jeez why would you expect me to do that you meanie!!” Sticking her tongue out and lightly hitting him with her wings before running out back outside. “ come on show me around here, I wanna do fun stuff.” Acting like a kid again before running down the crosswalk to fly around above him like yesterday. “ I can see the park in the distance!” Calling out flying in circles before eventually following above him.

Kaito followed her out the door, making sure to lock the door behind him. Yumi's somewhat childish mindset was a little infectious and he was about to job after her when he noticed the envelope sticking out of his mailbox. It was adressed to him so he slit it open. Inside was a debit card and a set of instructions from Mr. Omura. "For Ms. Yumi's expenses. Use as you see fit, withing reason." The monthly spending limit was rather generous and Kaito added the card to his wallet. He himself wasn't hurting for money, but having Yumi have her own income would probably be helpful.

Setting himself at a light jog as the harpy soared above him, Kaito eventually arrived at the mall area. Shops lined the streets ranging from, restaurants, clothing stores, to speciality groceries and arcades. A number of sculptures and statues by local artists were set up and down a well lit alley was a small wooded park that features ground jets of water for small children to play in.

Hoping she could hear him, Kaito called up, "Yumi, do any of these stores seem interesting to you?"

Soon she started to move, a bright blue shining with the crystals in her wings reflecting the small light as Yumi moved like a plane, spinning a bit and rolling to the side before going and again back to the circle just above. With that she already could feel the busy human atmosphere and it was really finally time for her real first day as after a while she would be able to get down and run past him a bit when she landed before she turned around and stretched. “ don’t know what these are though...” sticking her tongue out.

That took Kaitlin a little by surprise, it hadn’t occurred to him that harpies might not have shops and stores, though he supposed making a lot of things might be hard for them since they didn’t have proper hands.

He stuck his tongue out back at her and smiled. It might be exciting to see someone see a clothing store or arcade for the first time.

He looked around and saw a woman’s boutique across the street, taking Yumi by her “hand” he led her across the street when there were no cars coming and led her inside.

“Hello and welco...” trialed off the clerk, obviously a little shocked to see a harpy in the flesh.

“This is a clothing store for girls.” Said Kaito quickly. “You pick out things you might want and then pay for them and take them home. Me. Omura gave you an allowance so maybe you could pick out a few things?” He suggested.

He walked with him, but more with small light birdlike hops and skips at first as she blushed and was obviously caught off guard by his hand but feeling that it was still awkwardly safe and smarter anyway. Yumi soon walked normally before glancing at the girl a bit awkwardly when she stopped then back at kaito, “ hmmm clothing store we usually had kinda leather and leaves like what I’m wearing.” Being it was a plain black sleeveless shirt with her stomach showing as well as short blue shorts similiar to yesterday. “ I might want something a bit longer, hmmm always wanted to try a jacket and have something over this but kinda open too and pants too or maybe longer shorts but the cold...”

Kaito smiled as Yumi started going off about the different clothes she wanted to try out, even with her.. ab-human physiology she was still an attractive girl and Kaitl couldn’t deny that she already looked good in her crop top and shorts.

As he followed her around the store looking at clothes he caught himself imagining her dressed only in leaves and strips of leather. He decided that was defiantly something he wanted to see someday.

“Well why don’t you pick out a few things and try them on? See how they feel and look?” He said gesturing to one of the changing booths.

She turned to look over and around before over either skipping or walking a bit fast like before as somethings would catch her eye in what she wanted to try as finally their day started. With that she at least stared first then with white shorts and a yellow sleeveless with black trimming still being a mostly plain looking shirt in terms of everything else though. “ hmmm...” thinking with a tilted head before going with a blue jacket as well and now going to try it all.

A big smile broke across Kaitos face as he watche Yumi skip around the shop picking out things to try on. She seemed genuinely excited to try new clothes and he was glad that so far smhe had made a good choice for her to have fun.

A little nervously he sat on a bench, waiting for her to step out from behind the curtain and show off what she had picked out.

And with that there would be the sounds of struggling and rustling behind the curtain as she took a deep breath to figure out everything with her obvious disability with the shirt and shorts but managing to make it work accept only have a quarter of her arms actually making it through as well as the new shorts still having the button and zipper down. “ ahhh why does this happen!” Complaining as she peeked out with her arms barely through but obviously having the other half still behind.

Kaito's nervous smile slowly faded to a nervous frown as he heard what sounded like a street fight going on behind the curtain. He saw Yumi stick her head out from behind the curtain with an equally worried look on her own face. "Do.. are you ok back there Yumi? Is everything alright?" he asked rising from the bench and approaching the curtain.

“ if....” pausing as she sat down and disappeared again and managing to get an arm through before fixing and getting the other luckily before standing up and mostly but easily slipping the shorts on before popping back out. “ I need help with my shorts and belt...” Simply saying as she wondered what he would think or do now.

Kaito looked around the store to make sure no one was watching and then with a deep breath stepped behind the curtain to find Yumi half dressed. It seemed like she had managed to get a shirt and jacket she picked out on, but her pants were unzipped and unbuttoned, and sagging down just a bit, revealing more than she was probably comfortable with. Gently and quickly Kaito grabbed the waist of her shorts and pulled them up snuggly before averting his eyes upward and doing the zipper and top button, before he fumbled the belt into place, though as he did so, the back of his fingers ran over her lower belly and he couldn't help but notice how soft and smooth her skin was.

She stood back as he moved in with a slight embarrassed blush at how quickly he did it though didn’t think too much about it since it wasn’t her obviously wanting the help anyway. Leaning back a bit and looking to the side or just anywhere else with a slight blush on her face, he could feel his subtle movements for a second before jumping with a small embarrassed squeal at feeling her exposed lower stomach against his fingers.

“ p - please hurry up d-dummy...” her hands to her chest as there was slight scratching on the ground from her talons though only from the feeling of still being nervous and embarrassed before rushing out past him once he was done to get some space.

Back
Top Bottom