Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harpy Homestay (Wiki and Liam)

Colonel_Liam

Supernova
Kaito Nakamura closed the door of his house behind him and tossed his backpack onto a nearby chair before he flopped down facefirst onto the couch, burying his face in a pillow. The house was soothingly quiet after the ruckus of his college campus from the end of the year. The 25 year old had just returned to school after taking the last four years off to care for his ailing parents. The two had been severely injured in a car crash and the best the doctors had been able to do was extend their lives for a few more years, before the strain was too much. They had passed peacefully and within minutes of each other, leaving their only son, the owner of a small but handsome two story house. Kaito had spent the a while dealing with his grief before deciding to try and resume his studies. His parents had left him a decent inheritance, and he was careful to live within his means until he graduated and found a job.

However college was harder than he remembered, and he was glad the semester was over. Summer break meant being able to catch up on tv shows he had fallen behind on, maybe take a small vacation, and most of all SLEEP. His stomach growled and he slowly dragged himself off he couch and to he kitchen. He put on a pot of rice and began to dice some onions and peppers, cutting a steak into small chunks he made a simple but flavorful stir fry. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down at the counter to eat when the doorbell rang unexpectedly. Grumbling he made his way to the door and opened it a crack. "Hello?" he said cautiously.

Last edited:
The harpy girl sighed and leaned back stretching her arms up, finally getting out of the car once it was opened still having trouble obviously, stretching her wings and body a bit more before finally following behind her carrier a bit curious, nervous, and awkwardly a bit scared. “ so this is a house...weird and cool...” Yumi calling out before shooting up into the air with a small lightning bolt shooting from behind her now being several hundred feet in the air flying around to explore as she waited.

An older man in a pressed black suit stood on Kaito's doorstep. He was looking up into the sky with a look of embarrassment and a little frustration. He turned back to Kaito and produced an official looking government ID. "Kaito Nakamura? My name is Mr. Omura from the Bureau of International Affairs. I'm happy to say that your request for an foreign exchange homestay has finally been approved. I'm here to make sure her move in goes smoothly." he looked up at the sky again and yelled. "Ms. Yumi, please come back here. I need to introduce you to your homestay host!"

Kaito stared at Omura with a confused look. "Foreign home stay request? What are you talking about?" he asked almost belligerently. Omura fished in a manilla envelope he held under his arm and produced a document bearing the crest of Kaito's universtity. It detailed his willingness to host a foreign exchange student in his parents house to help them acclimate and give them a stable group of people to call on for their time in Japan. A host family. It clearly had his signature as well as those of his parents,but was dated several years ago, before the incident with his parents.

"I'm sorry this is dated almost four years ago, why is this being brought back up now? Some things have changed...." he was cut off by Mr. Omura. "Yes requests like these often take a while to process as we try to match families with suitable candidates. I admit your form took a while longer to process than usual, but I'm sure you will be pleased with your guest." He looked up at the sky again, and Kaito wondered why he was always looking up there. "Ms. Yumi please!" the suited man called again.

Kaito was about to continue arguing with Mr, Omura that he couldn't possibly be expected to host an exchange student by himself when he suddenly saw "Ms. Yumi" and finally understood why Omura kept yelling at the sky.

The girl continued to fly, small sparks of blue and yellow following behind her as well bolting fast and gracefully through the sky as the monster waited. Hearing her name Yumi sighed and flew in a circle before divebombing close to them and landing a few feet past the two before running back and standing next to the man.

“ hmmm four years..” questioning a bit quizzically before crossing her arms wondering what to think, “ so he’s gonna be my host family is that it? I finally get to learn stuff haha!!” Jumping to hug the agent a bit excitedly from everything she would learn about.

Kaito was shocked when the bird girl dropped out of the sky and practically jumped into Omura's arm. He had heard that enclaves of humaniod creatures including some that were now called Harpies had been discovered in remote parts of the world, but he had never seen any of them in person before. She was small and petite, and from the way Omura was holding her it seemed like she didn't weigh much at all. Her feet ended in talons, and rather than proper hands her arms extended into wings. Mr. Omura have her a good natured pat on her head as she hugged him. "Yes, this will be your home for the foreseeable future. Lets get you moved in." he said as he put her back on the ground and led her into the house, barging past Kaito.

Kaito was too stunned by the appearance of a harpy to stop them. "Now hold on that request was made a long time ago, things have changed. I don't even know this girl!"

And with that she would rush around the house looking at various things and exploring of course, after making it from the upstairs back down and sitting on the couch with a sigh feeling tired, bouncing a bit and laying her clawed feet on the table. “ ahhh this feels nice...” laying down comfortable before sitting up again. “ hmm a square thing, so many shapes and things..” with the various decorations around the room still peaking her curiosity.

Yumi soon stood up again before tilting her head and looking over at kaito, “ so your the human that will take care of me now, I’ll be happy to learn everything I can from you being in this program.” Giving a small smile trying to be nice.

Kaito spent the next hour chasing Yumi around his house, straightening picture or adjusting furniture that had been knocked aside in her rush around the house before she flopped onto the couch and he collapsed onto the chair across from her. He had been tired when he got home, but now he was exhausted. He was snapped back to attention when she stood up and addressed him. "Now thats not been decided quite yet. I still need to talk to Mr. Omura about this. I think there's been some sort of misunderstanding." He looked around for the man but only saw a small note taped to his door.

Kaito went over and snatched it up. It read, "Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Nakamura. We've taken the liberty of transfering Ms. Yumi's belongings into your guest room. We hope you enjoy the next year with your hostee."

Kaito ran up the stairs and threw open the door to his unused guest room and gawked at what he saw, somehow Mr. Omura had completely redecorated the room in harpy style in the hour Kaito had been distracted.

She looked at him again with the quizzical and confused look on her face before seeing him rush up the stairs as she followed behind then with her arms behind her before stopping behind him and peering into the room. “ ohhhh..” Yumi looked a bit wide eyed and surprised, before ducking under him and running inside. “ it even has a special scratching post for my claws!!” Seeing metallic and shiny in the corner of the room as she jumped up and flapped her wings before trying to get her body high enough for her claws to lightly touch the surface before moving to finally scratch her claws against it and sharpen a bit.

Yumi then flew up to a hung roost in the room, landing down and resting on it with a sigh, “ ahahaha this is soooo nice....” before sitting up with a pout. “ I’m mad though, he’s so mean that I didn’t get to even say bye to him or whatever but I guess when he visits I can get payback.”

Jairo sighed, it seemed like he was stuck with this strange girl for now. He couldn’t very well turn her out in the street. “Yeah, I have a thing or two to say to him when he comes back.” He agreed with Yumi, though he wondered just what kind of “payback” she had in mind. He claws looked sharp, he didn’t relish getting grabbed by them.

For now he decided to try and be a good host, even if he was going to have her transferred as soon as possible. It would t do any good to be rude in the short term.

He looked up the kind best of blankets and pillows that had been built into an alcove, almost miraculously.

“Well Ms. Yumi, I was making dinner before you came by. Have you eaten yet?”

“ well a little bit but I could still eat a bit more though. That dummy is always busy obviously but still...” showing a little childish side of herself, as she sat up and looked over at him. “ if your still cooking though I wouldn’t mind eating with you. Well the best way I can...” blushing a bit embarrassingly and scratching her neck as they ran into their first problem that she didn’t really have fingers accept the pair of talons on either side of her wings at the top almost like a vulture wing.

“ so what did you plan on?” Asking as she finally jumped off and glided down before landind and running behind him before turning around, seeing as she always landed like that and not exactly in one place before waiting for him and following.

Kaito led the way to the kitchen, “I was making a beef and veggie stir fry with rice.” He explained. Suddenly he felt self conscious. With her next to him, he finally got a good look at her “hands” it would be impossible for her to use chopstick, and difficult even with a fork.

“Are you allowed to eat that kind of stuff or do you have a special diet? Mr. Omirs didn’t explain too much. How do you normally eat?” He asked as they arrived in the kitchen.

“Hmm that sounds really good, I do love rice with beef..” giving an excited squee as she jumped up a bit excited, finally making it into the kitchen where she walked over to see the food. “ well it’s simple, most of the stuff I’ve eaten, he either feeds me or the things I eat you don’t really need anything but your hands. But even with that it’s kinda risky well in terms of grease ruining my feathers. But other than that it’s fine. Of course I would try my best but yeah.” Shrugging with crossed arms before turning to sit down at the table.

Jairo blinked as he tossed the beef and veggies in the wok. “So I’m going to spoon feed you, if you can’t grab it yourself?” The thought was foreign to him. For a moment he imagined Yuma looking over at him with her mouth open going “aaaah” in a cute voice. But he brushed that aside quickly. He doubted it would be anything like that at all.

The smell of cooking food started to fill the room. “Can I get you anything to drink? Will you need help with that too? Sorry if these are rude questions. I’m just not familiar with harpies to be honest.”

She couldn’t help but blush a bit embarrassed, “ when you say it like that, it sounds weird...” giving an awkward chuckle. “ but I’ve mostly had times of being able to use a fork or spoon even if I have to hold it with my two talons.” Seeing that it was from her wings. “ I’m fine with whatever, I can usually hold a cup of anything like that mostly fine too if it’s not too slippery..” leaning back with a sigh still waiting. “ most of the time it’s awkward but not bad.”

Kaito did a few final toss's of the pan before he was satisfied. Scooping a generous portion of rice and the stir fry into a bowl and pushing it across the table to Yumi with a fork stuck in. Going through is cabinets he pulled out a coffee mug, reasoning that the handle would be easier for her to grasp, he filled it with iced tea, and then served himself, sitting across from her at the small kitchen table.

"Well lets see how this works." he said. In truth he was beginning to get curious about the girl now that his shock had started to wear off. How did she eat? Where was she from? Now that he was actually really looking at her he thought she was kind of cute in a strange way.

Taking his firs bite he chewed for a bit before he asked, "So... where are you from originally? How did you end up here?"

And with that she could really smell the food being much closer to her face, really liking the smell of the rice and meat the most, slowly sitting up and finally lifting the fork after a bit to get some food into her mouth before quickly shoving the fork down so she didn’t drop it as her talons slipped just a bit before slowly doing it again but a little better now. Yumi looked up over at him with a slightly tilted head before thinking. “ well I wanted to learn stuff other than being stuck out at home not really doing anything much...” giving a shrug to his other questions, “ it’s been awhile since I was home even if it’s weird I forgot, I’m not good at remembering things. I thought they would have told you stuff already...” giving a shrug as she didn’t get the program much at all.

Last edited:
There was something fascinating about watching her try to eat with the fork. Every move seemed very deliberate. Kaito listened as she gave a somewhat perplexing answer to his question about where she was from.

“Well I guess when my family signed up the program there was some more paperwork and pamphlets to read, but ... some things changed, and I guess so lost track of them. I’ll see about digging them up.” He promised.

When they had finished eating he cleared the plates, and washed them, leaving them to dry on the rack. “ I know you’ve seen most the house already, but can I give you a proper tour?” He asked.

And again she tilted her head, slowly moving to hold a white towel and wipe her mouth than a napkin before stretching her arms up. “ ummm sure...” walking back over at him with a soft yawn as she felt like curling up and feeling the warm coziness of the new bed. “ hmm wonder what I’ll be able to learn first though...” thinking already about the few things at first they would do for her first few days of her stay.

Kaito, having finally settled into something like a routine with his unexpected houseguest gave her a tour of the fairly large house. The downstairs consisted of the kitchen/dining area, living room, utility closet, and mud room that led to the modest backyard which was dominated by a sand garden, and small tree with a rock underneath. There was also a stairwell that led to the basement which was mostly used for storage though a small workout space was set aside. Kaito practiced martial arts though he hadn't worked on them in a while and was rusty.

The upstairs was simpler. Yumi already knew "her" room, but there was a small study with shelves of books and computer, Kaito's room, and a large bathroom with a large wash tub set in the floor. There was also another locked door he didn't bother to open. "We'll have to share the bathroom, but that shouldn't be too much a problem. Feel free to use the study for any books or computer needs you have. There isn't a password." By now they were standing outside Yumi's room. Suddenly Kaito felt embarrassed and shy again. It was weird to be wishing a pretty (in a ver strange way) girl goodnight. "Well, it's getting late. I think I'm about ready for bed. I think Mr. Omura set your room up, but if you need extra blankets or something just knock on my door."

And with that she would follow again looking at the different things and of corse needing to explore more herself though before finally getting back the stairs. Yumi looked down for a moment with a slight blush before looking up, “ you probably don’t really want me still but for now then I’ll ask you take care of me.” Moving to hug for a moment though shocking him a bit to make the boy jump when she noticed as her back hit the door. “ ahh!! Sorry just got a little too nervous and excited, feeling strong emotions and maybe two at a time isn’t really a good thing like this...” laughing a bit embarrassed. “ it’s just a reflex sometimes that happens though so yeah.” Giving another quick hug before slipping to her room with a sigh needing to not think hard and calm down then as she eventually slept.

Kaito tensed as the first feathery hug came and went. He hadn't expected it, but he didn't hate it and it was over before he could really respond. He frowned as she mentioned him not wanting her there. In some ways it was true, he hadn't expected a home stayer, and he wasn't sure he could handle Yumi or her unique needs, but when she said it like that it sounded... cruel. That wasn't the way he thought of himself. When the second hug came, he rerturned it. He body felt light, soft, and very warm. He decided he liked her hugs. Still a little flustered he responded, "I'll take care of you." not meaning for it to sound so.. intimate.

He let out a sigh of relief when she went into her room, glad that he wouldn't embarrass himself any more. At least til morning. He turned and went to his own room where he collapsed fully clothed onto his bed, exhausted. He was asleep in seconds.

Soon the first mostly at least awkward introductions were over but now to actually be doing something more now and learning about each other. As morning came, Yumi would obviously especially with girls like her was still asleep and probably would be for most of the morning or even early to mid afternoon really like to sleep as much as she could and finding it hard to break away from it and actually wake up. With some ruffled feathers standing up as the same as hair, she gave a soft yawn before moving a bit before covering the blanket and getting under it still sleeping.

Jairo woke up fairly early, still groggy from the previous day. He’d have liked to sleep in bit his internal clock was still set to school hours and he couldn’t fall back asleep.

Rising groggily he took off his clothes from the previous day and tossed them in a hamper. He wrapped a towel around his waist and went down the hallway toward the bath room, more by touch than by sight.

Stumbling in he started to run the hot water in the bath and stepped in. Taking a small hand towel from the rack he dipped it in the steaming water and then laid it across his eyes as he relaxed in the bath. He felt like he was missing something but couldn’t put his finger on it.

Yumi finally stood up though, sitting at the edge with hanging legs as she stretched with a yawn before slowly getting up and getting ready before slowly gliding down to the floor and running to the other side of the room as she landed before slowly getting the door open and walking out at least for the moment before deciding to change first.

With another yawn the sound of footsteps echoed down, again looking but seeing as he wasn’t there before deciding then to open the front door and walk out as the girl ran down and flew up like she did last night again for a bit.

Kaito finally slowly became fully awake in the tub, the hot water helping his brain to reboot after the exhaustion and shock of the previous day. He took the towel from his eyes and began to finishing rinsing himself.

He thought he heard some doors open and close down the hallway. Yuck must be waking up. Though he was still unsure about the whole state of things, he was determined to be a good host, at least until he got this sorted out with Mr. Omura.

Finally he got up out of the tub and wrapped the towel back around himself. He went up to Yumi’s door and knocked, calling through the door. “Yum I, the baths still hot if youd like. I’m going to get dressed and make some breakfast. Anything you’d like?”

Back
Top Bottom