Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Garrettsville Golden Boy Returns Home (BreakFromReality and Frogger)

“Aw… Your shoulder is so comfy, though,” Lily protested, though the words fell apart under the gentle persuasion of laughter.

Josh was sweet enough to help her up onto her feet, and walking across the grass with the sunshine in their hair… it was almost like old times, when they were dating. Lily had to fight against the impulse to reach out and take his hand. “Seventh period,” she repeated, just to break away from him once it was time to part ways.

“I will see you later.” Lily twisted to look at him over her shoulder, giving a little wave before turning a corner.

What is this? Why is her heart pounding so fast-? Does she… have feelings for him still? Lily rubbed a hand over her chest, just to bite her lip and groan a little. Hopefully not. Josh does not have… feelings for her, so… it would only complicate their budding friendship if she was to realize she does...

Josh waved back with a smile. "I can't wait."

The afternoon went by quickly. After Josh dismissed his sixth period class, he shut down his computer and gathered his things. He wanted to get to the locker room and change, and perhaps even get in a quick workout before the players checked in to start practice. Humming the school fight song to himself, he slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out of his room, shutting the door and locking it.

Leaning against the door, he checked his cell phone while waiting for Lily to swing by.

It felt as though the next three hours were over in the blink of an eye. It was… very strange. Lily did not think it possible.

At the end of the day… the hallways were empty in comparison to that morning. In fact, it was unusually quiet. Lily almost feels like she is intruding, when she has every right to be here. A tall, graceful young teacher… every male eye gravitated towards her, only to find it difficult to look away if she so happened to notice. At some point or another during the last periods of class, Lily had pulled her hair up in a high ponytail… revealing the sensual curve of her neck, unintentional as it may be.

“Josh!” Lily called out, moving in to link her arm through his. “Are you ready to go? I brought my book to entertain myself,” she continued on a laugh, tilting her head and looking right into his eyes.

"I'd be surprised if you didn't bring it with you," Josh laughed, happily allowing Lily to link her arm through his. They walked down the halls together in almost a deja vu moment from years before. It felt like the last five years -- college, the pain, the injuries, graduation -- never happened.

"Are you going to hang out in the bleachers?" he inquired, turning to look at her. He noticed the curve of her neck now that she pulled her hair up in a ponytail. Her scent still lingered, and he fought the urge to lean in and give her the soft, gentle pecks he used to years ago. "I have to change and do a couple things in the locker room before we hit the field."

“Are you insinuating I carry a book everywhere I go?” Lily laughed, though she knows fully well it is true. Lily looked up at the unexpected question, however… she did not expect the heat of his gaze on her neck. Pink dared to make an appearance once again upon her features, and Lily had to fight not to fidget or else give herself away.

“I… I can. Do you need help with anything? In the locker room, I mean? I keep telling myself I need to stay working out more, but… I can never seem to bring myself to do so,” Lily confessed, just to blink and shield her eyes from the onslaught of sunshine as they stepped out. Her arm linked through his tightened a fraction, her breast pressing into it now.

Josh gave Lily a little smirk. "Maybe," he replied with a playful nudge.

As Lily offered her assistance in the locker room, a few gears started to turn in Josh's head. The locker room would probably be empty...

"Well, if you want to do some working out...we can do some...working out," Josh teased, a hint of mischief in his eyes as they looked over her face and neck.

No, wait. Is he suggesting-? In an instant, Lily blushed crimson… to the point she could have sworn her face is melting off.

‘Trouble-maker,” she accused, albeit playfully, even going so far as to bump her shoulder against his. How can she respond-? After earlier, Lily is not sure what to think.

“I swear. I remember the last time you had one of your bright ideas. A teacher walked in on us when you were fumbling with my bra.” Lily chuckled at the memory, blushing darker and darker as they approached the gym… and the aforementioned locker room.

"Oh, God, I remember that."

Josh was in a particularly excited mood one afternoon and managed to sneak out of seventh period with Lily, ending up in Coach Williams' room as he was coincidentally out for practice. They didn't get too far when Coach Williams realized he forgot his plays in his desk drawer. Luckily, all they got was a light scolding. They promised never to do it again, but...

"Yeah, that was kinda embarrassing. I was a real stud back then, eh?" he laughed while reminiscing. They reached the locker room and he glanced at her. "So you wanna take a look around for a bit while I change?"

“Kind of? I hate to tell you this, but it was more than just ‘kind of’ embarrassing, at least for me.”

Lily shook her head at the memory, just to glance at him as they reached the locker room. “Sure. I can keep myself preoccupied,” she told him with a playful wink, pulling her arm free of his. “I will see you in a little bit.” Lily began to look about once he disappeared inside, just to go down the hallway. It is just as she remembered it: a bit on the small side, covered in that dull gray color, with the scent of sweat and tears just barely hidden under the suffocating bleach used to clean the place.

It did not take long to explore all there is to see… or to grow bored, for that matter. Lily found his office and sat down on the edge of his desk, letting her eyes go over the walls, the pictures and the metal plaques hanging up.

Josh carried his things into his office and shut the door so he could quickly change. It was a pretty small office, and he hadn't gotten the chance to arrange things to his liking yet, so it was still quite cluttered. Once he changed into a black Garrettsville T-shirt and shorts, he opened the door while looking at what he wanted to accomplish in practice.

"That was a pretty short tour," Josh said with a small smile before looking around. "Not much to see in here either, sorry to say. And yeah, sorry this place is still a mess. Maybe I can get to it this weekend...hopefully," he thought out loud. "Everything still looks the same, doesn't it?"

“Yes, well…” A shrug rolled through her shoulders, just to rise again while Lily put her hands behind her on top of his desk. A long leg crossed over the other meanwhile. “I am sorry to say… I am more familiar with the library than I am the gym or the locker room… though… if I remember correctly, I am fairly certain you are not familiar with the aisles of books from wall to wall.”

Eyes sparkling mischievously, Lily dared to reach out and poke him in the side. “It does look exactly the same. I am… surprised. I thought I would… find more pictures on the walls, or something along those lines.” Lily shifted to make herself more comfortable, though several threads of black did manage to escape her ponytail and brush against her cheek.

"Oh, you remember correctly," Josh replied as he folded up a few sheets of paper and stuffed them in the waistband of his shorts so he could easily access them if necessary. "I think I went to the library even less in college than I did in high school," he smiled, his eyes twinkling a little bit.

He tried to dodge Lily's mischievous poke, but was unsuccessful, and he feigned pain upon her little jab. "Well, once we win state, we'll have to clean this place up. New paint job, big team picture right in the middle," he said, laying out his vision while gesturing with his hands. "It'll look fantastic. And the road to all of that starts Friday night."

Cleaning up his desk, he checked the room one more time before turning to Lily. "Anything else before we head out to the field?" he asked, more mischief in his eyes.

Lily shook her head on a laugh. “Shameful. How did you study, then? Hm?” A hand lifted to deal with the pesky strands of hair that has gotten into her eyes, ever so gently tucking these behind an ear. “Oh? Is that right? I think… it would look really nice in here if it was painted in the school colors,” Lily put in her opinion, trying to see his vision.

Hm? Oh. Oh-! Once again, Lily blushed darkly… and of course, she cannot hide it, or else draw more attention to herself. “I… I do not think so?” she spoke up, nearly stumbling over her words. It is wise to push him away, to… put a bit of distance between he and her, because… it would be so easy to fall back onto old habits, into old ways.

A ghost of a smile gracing her lips, Lily went to push herself away from his desk… just to trip over her feet and crash into him. “Oh! I’m sorry!” Lily cried out, burying her face into his chest out of embarrassment.

Josh returned the maneuver, poking Lily back in the side. "In my apartment, Miss..." he teased. He took a step back and nodded in agreement with her ideas. "Oh, definitely. I love red and black. They're my two favorite colors."

When Lily tripped over her feet and crashed into him, he caught her in his arms and laughed as she buried her face in his chest. "Lily...you're fine," he chuckled, letting a hand brush a few strands of black from her face. "No, check that. You're still beautiful."

Consequences be damned, he leaned down and softly kissed her lips.

As difficult as it is to confess, Lily's heart... flipped over inside her chest at the soft caress of his hand brushing a few threads of black from her face. It brings to mind memories... of years ago, when they laughed and used to indulge in kisses...

Their eyes met, piercing green and soft amber-gold... and before she could catch her breath, Josh had leaned in to softly kiss her. Lily's knees... went weak, and heat swept through her body in an instant, leaving behind a simmer which cannot be quelled so easily. It is... the first time she felt this way in ages.

"Me? Beautiful?" Lily whispered against his lips once the kiss fractured and broke apart, just to chuckle. "Do I need to ask someone to check your eyes? I think you may need a prescription." It was then that she realized she had pressed in close during the kiss, and blushing darkly, went to step away.

Josh smiled into Lily's welcoming amber-gold eyes and shook his head. "I have 20/20 vision, Lil. No prescription needed." This time, he leaned in to kiss her forehead, trying to reassure her that she was in fact amazing. For a moment, he thought he'd want to push the envelope further, but their kiss sparked him enough to carry him through the rest of the day. He brushed the remaining strands of hair from her face. "I need to get out to the field now," he said softly, wishing that he didn't.

"Y-Yes, well... Even so..." Lily blushed a pretty shade of red as he brushed hair from her face once again, nibbling on her lip meanwhile. "Do... Do not let me hold you back, then," she told him softly, her eyes intent on his. "I know... a team of testosterone-driven boys are waiting for you outside." Lily laughed under her breath, just to stand up on her toes and kiss the tip of his nose. "Go. Have fun. I will see you after, and... I will treat you to ice cream. How does that sound? Unless... you have something else planned?"

Josh blushed wildly as Lily kissed the tip of his nose, but he frowned at her offer to take him for ice cream. "Can we do it tomorrow night after practice? Jazz told me Mom wants me to stop home for dinner tonight. Apparently, I'm getting grounded for not checking in when I moved back home. You know how she can get sometimes."

He shook his head and shrugged with a smile, then kissed her once again on the forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow morning." He reached out and caressed her face, then led her out of his office. From there, he waved to her before jogging out onto the field.

Lily lifted a brow. “Are you blowing me off for dinner with your mother-? Alright, I’ll forgive you,” she had to tease, tapping the tip of his nose now, “this time. You are paying, though. I will stick around to be supportive of your first football practice as coach, because… I am amazing.” Lily laughed a little before he broke away to lead her out of his office.

“Good luck!” Lily went to take a seat at the bleachers, pulling out her book once she was settled. Unlike… more than half of the town’s population, Lily understands little about football, so she never cared to pay a great deal of attention to the games or practices.

"Thank you for sticking around. You may be the only one, though. Probably won't be pretty because we aren't in game mode just yet," Josh stated.

Once on the field, he began to work with the quarterbacks. There was a bit of hype around town for this year's starter, Tanner Stephens. An injury forced him into playing a few games last season, and he did well, which gave the coaching staff optimism that they may be able to have a solid season. A tall guy at 6'3 with blonde, shaggy hair, he looked more like a surfer than a potential college quarterback. He had a cannon for an arm, though, which would be incredibly effective when running the Garrettsville offense.

"Nice throw, Tanner!" Josh barked after a particularly nice throw on an out route toward the sideline.

Practice was fairly productive, and Josh felt pretty good about Tanner's progress as everyone headed home for the evening. He didn't have time to drive back to his place for a shower, so he caught a quick one in the locker room before heading to his parents' home for dinner.

Arriving at the house, he came in through the garage and quickly announced his arrival. "Hello? I'm home!" he called.

Elizabeth paused with her hands deep in cottage cheese and mozzarella, just to flash her eldest child a bright smile. “Well! Look who decided to join us for dinner!”

Nearby, Jazz tugged on an earbud while glancing up, just to groan and roll her eyes. Didn’t she order Josh to attend dinner-? Why is she acting surprised? Jazz pushed the thing back into her ear before settling down on the couch, cracking open the book she was reading half a second ago. It was part of the summer reading list… but late is better than never, right? Elizabeth washed her hands off in the sink before going around the counter, opening her arms to him. “Honey! It’s so good to see you again! You look thin. Have you been eating right?”

Both of the Miller children happen to take after their father when it comes to the majority of their looks… however, Josh inherited his bright, piercing green eyes from him. “I swear,” Elizabeth huffed as she pulled him in close, her breasts pressing into his chest, their bodies intimately joined for but a moment.

“I can beat you! Why didn’t you call? Text? Tell me you were moving back?!” Elizabeth pulled back enough to smack him on the chest. “I could’ve helped you! I’m offended!” Her long hair is no longer that, but chopped off just below the ears… and yet, it lost none of its vibrant red that often brings to mind cherries. A light pink swept over her features.

Jazz watched this exchange in her peripheral vision, grinning all the while. It’s nice to see him receive the short end of the stick every so often.

"I'm here!" Josh smiled as he stepped into the kitchen. He spotted Jazz on the couch in the living room, nose in a book. Hm, perhaps she cares a little bit about school after all, he thought to himself. He gave his little sister a wave, then opened his arms to hug his mother. "Hi, Mom," he said, kissing her cheek. "Yes, I've been eating right," he groaned, rolling his eyes. It was a typical Mom question.

Her breasts rubbed against his chest for a moment, then they separated. He winced as she smacked his chest. "I'm sorry! I was, uh, trying to surprise you?" he offered as an excuse, as lame as it was. His green eyes looked her over and stopped at her hair. "You cut your hair. I really like it short like that," Josh remarked. He wasn't saying it to make up for his not alerting her of his homecoming, but she really did look good with shorter hair.

Josh looked over at the pan of lasagna and grinned. "Ooh, lasagna? I missed your cooking so much." He went over to the refrigerator and grabbed himself a bottle of water, twisting off the top and taking a few swigs. "So it's weird being back home again," he thought out loud to his mother, figuring Jazz was too caught up in her music to join in the conversation.

“Uh huh,” Elizabeth drawled, obviously not believing a word of it. A hand went out to smack him on the chest again. “Don’t start lying to me. Not now. I don’t care how old you are, I can still knock some sense into you.” An eyebrow lifted at his compliment on her hair, just for a wry smile to tug at her lips. “You’re just saying that to make it up to me,” Elizabeth huffed, though she did run her fingers through her hair, making several red threads spike up towards the back.

“Thank you. I cut it short not too long ago. I decided to go for a change in pace.” A shrug going through her shoulders, Elizabeth went back to preparing dessert: apple crisp. “Really? Maybe I’ll see you over here more often, then. I still can’t believe you didn’t tell me you were moving back home. I’m halfway tempted to smack you upside the head!” Elizabeth pouted, but sprinkled a healthy dose of cinnamon on top of the freshly cut apples.

Piercing green eyes -the same as his- glanced over his way. “Hm? Oh, I’d say so. I heard from Jazz that you’re teaching U.S. Government now? I know Lily is teaching English Literature. Did you run into her today? I like to stop by from time to time to catch up with her.” Elizabeth washed her hands one last time before putting the pan in the oven, setting the timer and everything else. Both hands brushed over the apron she had on. In a pair of dark blue jeans -which did nothing but accentuate her hips and long legs- and a purple shirt, Elizabeth was, in a word… stunning.

Josh winced again as Elizabeth smacked him. He wouldn't admit it, but he was much more intimidated by his mother than his father. While his dad could talk a good game if Josh got out of line, Elizabeth would actually be the one to kick his ass. Hell, she spanked him plenty as a kid.

"I am not!" Josh replied dismissively, waving a hand to brush it off. He wouldn't admit this either, but the new cut made his mother look, well, kinda hot. "I think you made the right decision." Josh then spotted the apple crisp and glared at Elizabeth. "And you're accusing me of trying to kiss up to you while you make my favorite food and dessert. What's with that?" he laughed, jabbing her in the arm with his finger.

"Yes, I'm teaching Government, and Jazz has been my ideal student so far," he said, looking toward Jazz out of the corner of his eye, but she didn't seem to be paying attention. He hoped his mother could detect his sarcasm. His face brightened at the mention of Lily. "I did. We spent pretty much all of our breaks together today. It's really nice to see her again," he replied happily. His green eyes followed his mother's body over to the oven, and as she bent over, he couldn't help but take a peek at her ass, which was accentuated by her jeans.

"So when's Pops getting home?" Josh inquired.

“What did I just tell you about lying? Flattery isn’t going to get you anywhere, either.” Elizabeth rolled her eyes, just to laugh as he went to poke her in the arm. It was not long before her eyebrow rose once again. “Jazz? Please. You and I both know better than to believe that,” she said with a shake of her head, though an amused smile did dare to tug at the corners of her lips. “Jazz prefers to use her efforts in other endeavors, besides school.”

It is true. Jazz has a special talent for music… however, her interest does not pass any door of any other subject. In fact, she would much spend all of her time elsewhere. Elizabeth smiled as his face brightened, his tone more… affectionate. “I’m so happy to hear that, honey.” Moving in closer after she hung up her apron on a nearby hook, Elizabeth went to lean back against the counter. “I love Lily. Such a sweet girl. It’s a shame about her parents, though… which is why I invite her and Briana over for dinner once in a while.”

Bright green eyes blinked, just for a sigh to leave her lips. “Honestly? I have no idea when your father is getting home. He sent me a text earlier saying that he is going to be late, but I haven’t heard anything since…” A pout forming on her lips now, Elizabeth dug her phone out of her pocket. “It’s already six o’clock. He’s usually here by now.” Elizabeth lifted her shoulders up, just to bump her hip against his playfully. “Anyway. How was your first day? How is Lily doing? Alright, I hope?”

Back
Top Bottom