Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC Thread] Dungeon World Adventures

I just now noticed that I wasn't being alerted to when this thread was updated. Looks like I missed a lot of stuff.

Yeah that'll do it. Glad to see you checking in now though and hope you get that sorted to alert you properly. As someone who has experienced that problem a time or two I know how it feels.

It's properly alerting me now. Admittedly, I only checked after seeing that Holone's max HP was 11, while mine was 18. Good to see it was just a miscommunication and not that we'd been making a huge mistake the entire time.

Good thing too. It would have been a bit awkward if the bard could take a hit better than a properly trained warrior.

We might be seeing that pretty soon too, if the cost for getting away from this dragon's dick is too great.

It's all good. You've helped to prevent the kobolds from reinforcing the dragon. It was probably a bigger mistake to attack the dragon in the first place.

Sorry @MagicBanana but as someone who enjoys playing monsters I can imagine the dragon's perspective fairly well right now and that makes his backdoor spelunking of Belle rather enjoyable on my end lol.

@Princess_Kaylin At the same time you have had some terrible luck with rolls. On the bright side each failure is 1 xp so you will level up faster! :D

AAAH IM AN IDIOT. I missed the part in Zeth's post that said that dragon lifted off. I thought he stayed on the ground.

Fair enough @Lord DreamCrusher. Then again, this could also all be a part of my intensely complex plan to win the encounter against the dragon at any cost. It is, completely and utterly, not an excuse to have Belle get fucked by a dragon. Not at all. No sirree, definitely not just to have Belle take dragon meat.

Okay, it might be because I want Belle to be fucked by a dragon. But, that is still an integral part of the plan.

Explanations on what I am doing.

1. I am blatantly ignoring XP and handing out level ups at specific mile stones. Why? Because xp is handed out at the end of the session, every time you fail a roll, every time you act in alignment, and for certain bonus moves. If this was a table top game with sessions that stopped it would be easy to calculate. But as is I feel it will become lopsided because some of you fail way more then others and it is a damn bother. You will be leveling up more quickly then in a regular table top session to account for forum drag.

2. Kaylin hates combat and finds it boring. So with her permission I do some of her combat posts to keep the game moving. The short, minimal posts are mine. While the elaborate posts are hers. She loves story, sex, and the rest of the game. But finds combat itself dull.

Explanations on what I am doing.

1. I am blatantly ignoring XP and handing out level ups at specific mile stones. Why? Because xp is handed out at the end of the session, every time you fail a roll, every time you act in alignment, and for certain bonus moves. If this was a table top game with sessions that stopped it would be easy to calculate. But as is I feel it will become lopsided because some of you fail way more then others and it is a damn bother. You will be leveling up more quickly then in a regular table top session to account for forum drag.

2. Kaylin hates combat and finds it boring. So with her permission I do some of her combat posts to keep the game moving. The short, minimal posts are mine. While the elaborate posts are hers. She loves story, sex, and the rest of the game. But finds combat itself dull.

That's fair, but makes my racial move obsolete then. Do you have any ideas to make that still matter?

You already have a powerful racial ability. Orcs do not attack the party on sight and you can recruit orc hirelings. If you were not an orc Chakka woukldn't join you and you would of had more combat instead of an opportunity to have a war band.

I don't think it's fair to spin that as a mechanical racial ability when that's dependent on how you chose to have the orcs react in those instances, I imagine that not every orc is going to be friendly all the same and in truth I wouldn't want them to be with the image I've been setting up for them thus far. Sure I might not have gotten Chakka if I wasn't an orc, but that wouldn't stop me from getting a different hireling and Chakka doesn't hold any inherent benefit from a normal hireling just because she is an orc. And yeah we would have had a fight during the trek to the ruins but that still could have happened anyway if Batul had chosen her words poorly or you as the DM decided that they wanted to fight all the same.

If I'm coming off salty it's because I'm somewhat slighted that we talked about using the Outsider racial ability already and established it as a once per quest thing only to have you now decide to change your mind on the xp part way through the game. In most cases an extra move would be fine but in this case I don't actually want any of them besides what I will already get from normal leveling simply because I don't believe they suit the personality of Batul. Also telling me "Maybe you shouldn't get anything because I let you off on these two instances because of your race." isn't fair to me as a player because we didn't sit down and have a conversation about this previously and agree on such. I don't want all orcs to be friendly with Batul as that goes completely against the elements of dominance and submission that I've been working to establish as inherent to their culture. Some might be more talkative than others but that's just down to roleplay and dice rolls at that point since Batul is not from the same tribe as these others and holds no true sway over them.

Back
Top Bottom