Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tarak Tales -- Round One -- OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it opens with me, why don't we get started then? I'm here all the fucking time since I still lack a life, and Kite seems to be here fairly consistently nowadays. That should be enough to get something started. Also dready is out, he hasn't returned my texts for weeks, so I assume school, life, or sudden disdain for BM and all associated with it, is keeping him from this.

My schedule still consists of Monday (This week), Tuesday, and Thursday. I don't have a problem getting into a new campaign short a player.

Well, last night we discovered that Gaz has been on the road lately; I'd presume a family trip. She's been away from the internet, and away from her PC notes.

She replied to my PM last night, and said she's definitely interested in playing, but as mentioned before, she's been on the road. She thanked me for my patience, and by extension thanked you.

However, since we won't really be getting started until Cersei recruits you both, we can do some set up in the next day or two, getting things moving for Cersei. She'll be out picking friends to use, but given her own intents and feelings at the time, she won't feel like drawing any Guardsmen; it would suit her better to see what friends who work the opposite side of the law are doing, and that fits Koh and that fits Gaz's character, who is shaping up to be a Shadowguild-affiliated mercenary.

Assassinations? Why, everybody knows Tarak's too small and safe for a burgeoning assassination trade; if you don't have a lot of travelers between cities, it's hard to avoid getting caught, so professional killing isn't a viable career option. Oh, the occasional accidental death? I suppose if you knew the right people, those could be arranged... but knee-breaking and general roughing-up is more the stock in trade for warrior types who aren't in the Guard; it's more a menu of thug services that includes killing at the high end, rather than making a career entirely out of that. And if Cersei needs a strong sword-arm, that's where she'll go. Which brings her to Gaz's character...

Incidentally, what is it with people who want to make assassins all the time? Yeah, you wanna be a sneaky ninja warrior type, do you have to kill people all the time? There's scouts, spies, and I'm sure more sneaky types who also fight. You're supposed to be nominally "good", which I guess you can justify by choosing the contracts you accept carefully. But it's not like there are ever all that many professional assassins, even in a normal world; far too many amateurs willing to work for free to make it worthwhile.

[/rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom