Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MHA Time's Changed (East and Frogger)

Three weeks of physio and school work. Matsuda had lost weight but in a good way. He had gained muscle tone and definition. He had healed, but not all traces of the surgery were gone he had a scar on his neck a smooth red mark one could mistake for an accident while shaving except for how deep it ran.

His eyes turned towards Sora when she told him he looked good. He lifted himself up to his feet steadying himself for a moment. "I wanted to apologize to you."

"The last time we spoke I dumped a lot of my heart in front of you out of a mix of emotions and fear of my own death. I dont regret what I said my feelings have not changed but I should have accepted you when you said you needed more time."

Matsuda for once in his life spoke with the type of formal tone that Sora was more used to hearing. But it sounded so wrong on his tongue that he winced from his own words they sounded way too cold.

"Yuck that sounds terrible what I mean to say is." He moved closer putting a hand on her shoulder giving her a soft smile. "I love you and this time I'm willing to wait to hear you say it back."

He had said everything he had wanted too that night and he had held her close. He had gotten more than he ever thought he could and yet he was still hungry for more. He wanted her, but this time he would let her come to him. "Take your time, I'm not going to vanish ever again."

He smiled at her. He didnt expect her to answer right away but she needed to know that there was no longer some sword of damacles over his head. He no longer had any fear of loosing her.

Apologize? What for? Sora had meant to speak up, to say something on his behalf… however, he had spoken up before she could do so. It was only polite to let him continue, and without interrupting. Another breeze had pieces of silver falling into golden eyes, but she did not make a move to brush these aside, instead standing there quietly as he explained everything.

Deep down, she is not angry with him. It was out of fear he had spoken of such things, had tried to push things. It is just… How is she to reply? It is not as though she can reciprocate his feelings.

Sora looked up at him, realizing right then that… he is a good two, three inches taller than she. When did that happen? Or is she just now noticing? Has he lost weight? No, wait. It matters not. A hand upon her shoulder, Sora could not escape so easily… nor could she think of an answer to give.

Thus… she offered a small smile instead. “Thank you. I do appreciate your patience.” Does he not realize the possibility of their being together is but an impossibility? Does he not see? Sora has no choice in her future, no voice.

“I have to go, though. My first class is about to start, and I cannot be late.” Sora chuckled softly, but it sounded fake to her own ears, as if she is forcing herself to do so. “I will see you later.”

Hitomi lingered, eyes studying the young man. “Go ahead,” she told Miss Hanakawa, “I have to take care of something. I will see you in the classroom.” Sora paused, halfway tempted to ask, however she decided it best not to and go on her way, heading back inside. Rubbing her hands together slowly, Hitomi approached Matsuda with an indecipherable look upon her face.

“... You do realize the awful position you have put her in?”

No, likely not. A soft sigh left her lips. “Sora is having to sit down with potential suitors,” Hitomi shared, “and it will not be long until her father picks one to be her husband.” Displeasure flashed in those blue eyes, just to disappear half a heartbeat later. “Must you pursue this? Mr. Hanakawa is not one to be refused.”

Something was wrong, Matsuda could feel it, but he didn't really know how to reply to it, they were in the same class, they could have walked together, they should have, instead she took off and ran from him. He paused for a moment trying to think about what was going on, what had changed in the three weeks prior, he resigned himself to waiting until the body guard spoke up and told him that he was doing something cruel to Sora, he supposed in a way he was.

Matsuda listened to Hitomi for a moment, Sora was already going through Suitors? he blinked slowly comprehending the story. Then he he was told that Hanakawa could not be refused. "Fuck him."

It was a singular, and loud statement, Matsuda brushed his hair back for a moment and looked at Hitomi. "Izumi Has been a thorn in the side of my neck that I only just removed, he's the one that was pruning my emails to Sora making her think i abandoned her for so long, He's also the reason i never got a fair trial." Matsuda crossed his arms. "Of course he would try to marry off Sora, and she'd do it, she has done everything in her life to try and look up to that man, and what has it done? it's crippled her. He actively seeks to clip her wings at every opportunity, she has the ability to fly and he grinds her into the dirt."

"Your damned right i'm gonna pursue her, and you can either help me or get out of my way, Izumi put me away once, he can't do that again, and if he really wants to come at me, I've not sat idle. I would never put Sora in harms way, but if I have to go to war for her Izumi won't find me an easy target. If he wants to keep his precious company than he should really consider me for Sora's hand. Ten years in Juvenile hall surrounded by friends and family of his enemies you learn a lot of things if you can get people to talk." He walked up to Hitomi. "I'm sorry, it's not your fault your just the rock stuck between two unstoppable forces. Do pick a side and try not to be crushed in the fallout." Matsuda's eyes had a strange hint of malice the red eyes for a moment making him look so much more like the villain most people thought he was, a sort of murderous intent around him.

Than he smiled and laughed like it was nothing punching her arm lightly as if everything he had just said was a joke. "Tell the old man i'm back, and I won't be leaving this time, anyway I gotta get to class, my desk is still right beside hers after all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At homeroom Aizawa explained that they would be getting ready to go out for a field trip. "We are going to start practical rescue training over the next few days. Now we have been going over the home work and rules for this, but this is an enviroment that is a touch more dangerous than you are used too, anyway, we will be going out to the busses now."

Matsuda let out a sigh of relief he had kept up with the paperwork portion of classes, but he had been worried about the practical portion, after all he had been in the hospital for a while, and going outside to the busses just meant that he hadn't really missed nearly as much as he thought he did. Also that meant he could finally leave campus for once. He even got to have the ankle monitor taken off as it would normally completely prevent him from leaving UA grounds.

Total win! On the bus he looked to Sora, taking the seat next to her.

It seems that during this field trip, they can wear their costumes… or not, if they so choose. Aizawa did say it could very well limit their abilities… but hers does not contribute or limit. It is just a regular outfit, one she finds comfortable to fight in. Sora decided not to change, instead remaining in her school uniform… even if she feels a tad ridiculous when everyone else is in armor. This is going to be rescue training, however… what will they be doing, exactly? A soft sigh left her lips, seeing as how she knows it will bother her until she finds out.

During the bus ride, Sora kept quiet… because Matsuda was sitting next to her, and she still had no idea what to say. Father plans on marrying her to whoever wants to tie their name to that of the Hanakawa company… and so, his hopes he and her will end up together are just… meant to be dashed. It makes her heart sink to think she is going to disappoint him yet again.

Sora has no idea if she can bring herself to love him. Ten years ago, she would have jumped into his arms, crying and laughing out of joy while declaring her love… and that would be without a shred of shame. In the present? It feels as though it is just too risky to let someone back into her heart… even if it is the young man she loved so long ago. It was through no fault of his own that he left her… and though she knows this, it is difficult to persuade her heart otherwise. Amber eyes gazing out through the window, golden light played over silvery-white feathers and hair, rippled over the angles of the aristocratic features she came to inherit.

After some time, they arrived at their destination. A hero in a white suit explained that heroes have to be in all sorts of different environments to assist and rescue people, some of which will not be to their advantage. It makes sense. Tsuyu Asai has a Frog Quirk, and despite being versatile, she excels in water. Sora herself is best in the air… though she has to argue whether or not she happens to be a decent hero at this rate. It feels like no matter what she does, it is never good enough. As of late, Sora has even considered the idea of leaving UA… but she has not had the opportunity to bring it up with Father. Of course, he will likely dismiss the claims as ludicrous, only to deposit her back onto the school’s front steps within the hour. Another sigh leaving her lips, she barely paid any attention as Thirteen split the class up into teams. It was not surprising when she heard she was to have Matsuda on her team.

Why must her luck be so awful? Does fate have to be so cruel? Sora did not let her smile waver, but instead turned to him and let it broaden… though it was strained. “It sounds like we have to work hard with the class representatives,” she shared, just to laugh softly under her breath a moment later. Can it be any more awkward between he and her-?!

“Don’t worry; I’m sure it will all end up fine,” Yaoyorozu-san spoke up. In a high-collared, sleeveless crimson leotard, very little is left to the imagination when it comes to her curves. Silver lines are at her waist and around her arms, leaving it open to expose her skin from her neck to just below the navel. Two gold utility belts finish the look, as well as a pair of crimson boots.

During the bus ride Sora would feel something brush against her wings, and then she would feel more of his body weight on her, a slight rumbling noise escaping him as his eyes closed. He fell asleep and was using the downy softness of her feathers as a pillow. His cheek pressed into her wings, and he snored softly during the bus ride. He didn't seem to have any shame, but he was tired still. Even though they were leaving the campus for the first time ever he didn't seem to care about the streets or anything, using the chance to just sleep on her body, to cuddle against her.

Matsuda only stirred when they arrived at the place. He moaned slightly as he was shaken awake by their arrival, he had drooled on her wings. He blushed slightly but didn't say anything. He walked out of the bus and stretched as they walked into the simulated disaster area. He stretched out as the teams were announced, it seemed they would be working in two teams of four and one team of five. He got paired with Sora, and it seemed they would be working along side the two class representatives Midoriya and Yaoyorozu. He turned to greet the two of them his eyes catching Momo's outfit.

Wow those are huge! It was impossible to know who's were bigger Sora or Momo, comparing their chest size his gut instinct was to say Sora, but that was also his own blind biases to the girl he knew he cared for. He tried to hide the fact that he had even looked trying to instead keep his red eyes from looking down at anyones chest, but even that was difficult because he was the second tallest in the group with Momo beating him out only slightly. "It's a pleasure to work with you!" He said taking her hand, shaking it before shaking Deku's as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya was excited, U.S.J. was massive, it was a beautiful complex with around 8 different disaster zones, and the training they were doing here would help to keep them calm in actual dangerous events. He regarded his team. Yaoyorozu was definitely the most versitile quirk but she didn't have physical strength. Sora's main ability had been flight which was incredibly useful in terms of look out, and controlling the situation, which of course meant that they would be good in any given situation that they were sent into.

It was only him and Matsuda he had to really worry about. Matsuda's quirk was a wild card, up until his surgery it had hurt him whenever it had been used, but the gale force winds he could create were useful.

Then you had His own quirk, still unrefined, but he could now at least use it without damaging his body so long as he remained focused. He realized he had been mubling for a bit, but shook it off. As Aizawa was about to explain where their team was going to end up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your team will be going into the ruins zone." Aizawa pointed towards the massive complex of collapsed buildings. "Inside each area are six survivor dummies, while the natural disaster is being simulated each team will be given fifteen minutes to locate each dummy, and retrieve it. Further more each survivor dummy has sensors to tell how it's being treated so if mishandled you will loose points off the examination. Be aware of your surroundings, and be alert."

"It is a pleasure to work with you," Sora mimicked, even going so far as to bow.

Aside from their first day of class, they have not spoken. Was it rude on her part? Maybe. Sora just had nothing to say prior to today. At the very least they know of each other, so no introductions were necessary. Amber-golden eyes slipped away to look elsewhere, however… she could not help but notice a pair of wandering crimson, locked on Yaoyorozu Momo’s breasts. Why am I not surprised? Halfway tempted to sigh her exasperation, Sora resisted, and instead chose to pull a deep breath into her lungs. Is this day ever going to end-? Every second feels like a day, every minute a week.

“How long do we have to find all six?” It is definitely a smart question to ask.

Black shifted in their direction. “Thirty minutes,” Aizawa spoke, his tone implying just how bored he is of the subject. “Be alert. Be aware. You have thirty minutes to locate all six survivors.” In the ruins? Oh no. Sora let her gaze drift to the collection of ruined buildings off in the distance, studying the shattered windows, the remnants of what could very well have been a decent little town. Izuku Midoriya’s murmuring off to her left caught her attention, drawing it elsewhere. Does he truly believe her to have a useful Quirk in this situation-? It is true Yaoyorozu Momo has the most versatile, being that she can create whatever they may need… however, she finds it difficult to believe she qualifies as anything but a nuisance in his eyes.

“... Let us get going,” Sora told the others, words bland, as if her thoughts are miles away. It is best not to waste any time. The sooner they start, the sooner they can return to U.A. It is a shame, but she does not wish to linger here any longer than she has to. It is just… incredibly awkward to be so close to Matsuda, especially since she knows she can never reciprocate his feelings. Father refuses to let her make any choices concerning her own life. As a Hanakawa, great things are expected of her… and, unfortunately, she has to oblige, or else suffocate under the weight of Father’s disapproval.

Running to the Ruins Zone, everyone paused to catch their breath as they analyzed the situation. It looks as though the area is supposed to resemble a city after an earthquake has struck. It certainly hits close to the mark, Sora has to admit… even if she has never seen destruction one can inflict. After a bead of silence, Yaoyorozu-san spoke up first. “I believe the first thing we need to do is get a better visual on what we are up against,” she shared, looking to the other girl of their group. “Hanakawa-san, do you care to fly up and tell us what you see?”

“Most certainly.” Sora spread her wings wide, artificial light reflecting off the silvery-white feathers while she beat against the air once, twice. It is times such as these that she has difficulty getting herself up into the air… not that she will admit it. Ever.

What else? What else? “I also think it is best if we split up in the meantime, look where we are able to for the survivors,” Yaoyorozu-san continued, mostly just murmuring and sharing her thoughts with everyone else. “Izuku-kun, your Quirk will be helpful in moving any large debri. I would focus on that with you, and Matsuda-san… I know you just had surgery, so try not to push yourself too hard.”

Matsuda sighed when he was told not to push himself, he couldn't really argue against that, but he had been out of the game for so long that it felt kinda like he had to do more, he had to pick up the extra weight of the work load or else he was never going to have the chance to pick himself up. he had been absent for three weeks when it came to practical studies, he needed to struggle and get stronger else he would fall behind.

Matsuda watched Sora fly into the air. His eyes followed her as she went up into the sky, he felt a strange beat of his heart. He kinda wished he was up there with her, or maybe he just liked watching her fly, strange as that was. He shook his head and returned his mind back to the earth where they had work to do. At the solution to split up, to him that sounded reasonable but Midoriya actually stopped Matsuda from bolting off as he looked to Momo.

Izuku stepped up to Momo for a moment. "Can you make us a headset? like a radio or something to keep us better coordinated."

Thanks to Momo's quirk they could keep in touch with one another even if they were further apart it meant they would be able to cover more ground. Especially with Sora in the air coordinating them.

But there was something about this that seemed a little too simple in all honesty, pulling dummies from rubble? He didn't have time to see what the other students were having to deal with but something seemed off. It was a bit too quiet. Seemingly too easy.

Mirodiya looked around. "There is a lot of ground we are gonna have to cover, and not a lot of time, there are a lot of blind spots. We are gonna need Sora's eyes in the sky." He waved Sora down. "You'll be team lead, use the radio's momo's making to direct us."

Black eyes blinked, just for a smile to bloom a second later. “I can,” Momo confirmed after careful consideration, dipping her head in a nod. “I had a big breakfast after our run this morning, so it won’t take long to make four headsets.” It had taken her a while to get used to rising earlier, but in the end, it has proved to be very… beneficial. Already she feels stronger. Is it her stamina? Endurance? It is difficult to say, and yet… she knows it to be true.

It is truly destroyed, this area. Sora let her eyes sweep the ruined building, noticing several broken windows that could provide a way inside. It would be easy to use… but none of the others have wings. Yaoyorozu Momo can make a rope ladder, to latch it onto a window, however it could very well be a waste of precious time. Movement in her peripheral vision had Sora looking elsewhere. Midoriya Izuku? Why is he waving me down? Do they need her for something?

A flap of her silvery wings helped slow down her descent, making her landing smooth. Sora’s talons lashed out, in order to tear into grass and ground alike.

“Do we have a problem?” she asked of the others, ever so slowly folding her wings against her sides. Amber eyes remained locked on Midoriya Izuku and Yaoyorozu Momo, never once wavering towards a certain someone.

How can she ever bring herself to trust him again? Does he not realize that her future is set in stone? Sora has no choice in what lies ahead, only that she will be the best hero she can be. Yes, she will have to be… attached to a man she does not love, give him children, have a life she never dreamed of for herself… but maybe, just maybe, it will finally make Father look upon her with approval.

Yaoyorozu Momo explained things and, admittedly, it is a good plan. Sora has no idea if she should be the ‘Team Lead’, but she is going to ignore that for the time being. It is not as though it matters who is the leader or not. “Alright,” she replied, offering no objections. All of the headsets made, Sora bent her head while Momo gently placed it over her head, fitting it over an ear. Once that was done, she moved back to lift herself up into the air again.

Matsuda noticed that Sora didn't look towards him. He felt an odd stab into his chest, a bit like she had just plunged one of her talons into him, were things always going to be this way between them now? He was alive, he was going to be around for a long time to come, and yet because he had revealed everything now she wouldn't even look at him. He fit the radio onto his head and tried not to sigh with all the hopelessness that he felt inside of himself. It hurt but he had a three stage plan to deal with it.

Step one, pretend like it didn't hurt get through this class. Step two, try not to cry. Step three he was probably gonna cry. For now though Matsuda just had to push that aside and go. As Sora started to take off, he stepped behind her, and with a breath helped her to take off into the air. He saw the last time she had struggled to get into the air, his quirk seemed to make it easier to take off, even if he didn't make a big show of it.

He just... wanted to be helpful to Sora, but part of him was starting to believe her that maybe she just didn't want him, after everything that happened that night the two of them had embraced, maybe there was too much damage for the two of them to really get on each others good side again? Maybe she really didn't want him around her. Those thoughts were pushed aside, he slapped his face and got to work hurrying along.

Midoriya started to use his quirk, full cowling crackled with energy as he worked to move about, increasing his speed as he jumped through the rubble, but there had to be more to this. Just finding the dummies wouldn't be too difficult so he had to assume there was more too it than that.

Then as Midoriya was running he saw something green, and heavy move to intercept him, His eyes widened for a moment as one of the robots from the entrance exam slammed into him. Midoriya was winded at the first contact, but managed to keep his concentration pulling himself back and moving quickly onto his feet. He breathed heavily. "So that's the extra feature."

As the green things showed themselves Matsuda was thrown back. So far though these were the smaller type ones that they were encountering. "Automated villains great."

A type two, larger, thicker armor and heavier tredding made it's way towards momo attacking her on sight, with a hail of rubber bullets.

“O-Oh,” Sora gasped, not expecting the assistance. It came as a bit of a surprise, seeing as how she has yet to acknowledge him on this… mission of theirs. Is that wrong of her? Sora dared to glance over her shoulder, bits and pieces of silvery-white splaying across her face. No. This is most definitely not the time to be… considering such things, nor is this the place to do so. Right now, she needs to focus on finding and rescuing… victim replicas. A soft sigh left her lips a moment later, but alas, it is what it is. What choice does she have?

Amber eyes once again studying the area, Sora flapped her wings to soar higher. “I do not see anything as of yet,” she shared over the headset. A ray of sunlight reflected off a broken window nearby, nearly blinding her. It was right then that something struck, just about making her fall out of the sky. A cry of indignation dying in her throat, she twisted and fought to break free, using her sharp talons to leave gauges in… metal? What the-?!

It seems their mission is not only to rescue dummies from the wreckage, but to ward off villains as well. Why did Aizawa-sensei neglect to mention this?! Sora could not suppress the spark of satisfaction deep inside her chest… or keep it off her face, for that matter. It was just… satisfying to watch that robot fall in a downward spiral, just to crash into but one of many ruined buildings. An explosion followed soon after, but she did not linger long enough to enjoy the show.

“Hey? Yaoyorozu-san? Midoriya-san? Have you seen-?” Sora’s words were cut off abruptly, intercepted by what sounds like… gunfire? It was quite disconcerting. Who is being fired at? Are they alright? Can they handle it themselves? None of these unspoken questions will have answers as of yet, so there is no point in considering any of it.

Momo had jumped out of the way in time, having taken shelter behind a wall. It happened so fast, it’s the only thing she could do right then. Her hands pulled open her red leather uniform just a touch, revealing a great deal of her breasts while she thought of what to make. All she needs to do is take down that robot… but as of right now, she has no idea where it’s hiding… or what it’s capable of.

Sora’s eyes had been scouring the area this entire time, and it was at that moment she noticed a crouched figure, a familiar one. “Yaoyorozu-san,” she spoke into the headset, “it is to the north-east, or roughly two o’clock.”

Does she dare intervene? Time is running out, and they have yet to find any of the so-called ‘victims’. Is that not the top priority? Sora frowned, not liking the idea of leaving her teammate behind.

For a long time these robots had been a major obstacle but since he had developed his skills more and was more controlled he had no problem ripping through the metal armor of these creatures. A single kick tended to smash enough of the mechanical parts that it would typically stop moving after he hit it. The main problem was that no matter how fast he moved he was still lagging behind and the addition of yet another thing to take care of meant that their team had yet to find any of their actual targets. He had been taken by surprise with the gun fire, though the bullets had been rubber, and he had only been tagged a few times with painful riot bullets. In other words he got a bit lucky. "I'm okay." He called over the radio. He saw something explode with a bit of satisfaction.

He had expected everything to be more visible from the air, since they didn't have quirks that made surveillance easier through walls like Jiro, but maybe that was why they weren't finding anything? Well aside from the target close to Yaoyorozu, he trusted her to handle that one. He decided he had to start checking buildings, his strength made that task a bit easier as he could run through doors and check the ruins much faster than the other members of his team while Sora worked to sort things out from the sky.

"I found one." Midoriya commented as he moved closer to the rescue dummy, picking it up, lifting it up onto his shoulders since it was awkward, and it's weight was akin to a fully grown adults. Still he hefted it up and started to run back towards the safe zone. "Everyone are you okay?"

~~~~~

Matsuda let out a sharp yelp as heavy metal connected with his side, he was tossed aside for a moment. He felt a sharp pain, he was pretty sure he would be bruising from that in the long run. He dragged himself up. He hated robots, his quirk was great against living things, but against robots they tended to be to heavy for his quirk to move properly. He could huff and puff all day long and he would never budge the metal, which meant he had to run.

He had spent the better part of his life trying to be resourceful. He had plenty of stuff he could take advantage of in this area. However for now he was focused on evasion, as the robot followed after him. Matsuda found a second mechanical wonder and it charged him from the front. "Sora, catch me." He couldn't eactly trust his quirk to move the robots, but he could certainly move himself. Their guns started rotating as Matsuda jumped taking a deep breath as he threw himself into a front flip.

His neck craned as he was at 90 degrees. He let his breath go and launched himself into the air as the bullets started flying the robots hitting each other and shutting down.

Flight was an odd sensation. Catapulting himself into the air at a high velocity was awkward. His body twisted for a moment. to flip him back around. He felt a solid rush of wind around him as he opened his eyes he had a great birds eye view of the entire facility, he smiled for a moment feeling that rush of wind, feeling weightless, and then feeling like he was dropping, and suddenly there was a sinking feeling. He hadn't really thought about the landing part of this equation, and only a moment or two later did he suddenly think 'hey what if Sora doesn't actually catch me?'

The last time he had trusted her to carry him she had thrown him right through actual glass, did he trust her enough to actually carry her? He knew she could, but would she?

Back
Top Bottom