Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Glory of the Roman Empire

Around what era are we setting this in? You said the height of the Roman republic dind't you so I assume you mean at its latter years but I just wanted to know what century about you were thinking so I can write my character accordingly given his mercenary background.

Unfortunately. This is a common problem with group RP. A bunch of people sign up and love to talk about ti but then no one actually posts anything.

The two people that were tagged to reply never did and I didn’t think I should just jump in with no where to go. There was also a senate meeting and the political family wasn’t a part of it.

Yeah, I couldn't think of a way to get anyone else involved. I definitely wouldn't mind a visit, just didn't have a way to make anything happen. The senate point is well-made, however.

The fault may be partially mine in regards to the delay and ghosting but my hands are tied. The Senate meeting felt sidelining to me in that what was the point of even having a political family if the family with wealth can simply cajole and dominate their way through? Who needs favours from the political family then? What purpose do they serve except fiddling their thumbs now? I feel sandbagged and there's nothing I can do, which restricts me from making a meaningful post.

A reshuffling of roles would definitely help balance things out. Perhaps a military family rather than a political one would help, as the family with wealth essentially holds all the political power now. But otherwise, there is really no point to my character in this group RP. Just my two cents on the subject.

I very much agree with the concerns, and I understand the frustration. Are any members of the political family actually in the senate? If so, perhaps they were kept from the vote by some trickery that can be uncovered? Or perhaps they can seek to undermine Aurelia's efforts?

I think that coordination should have been done prior, but that doesn't mean all is lost.

I think we are so uncoordinated that a new person wouldn't hurt at all! Any thoughts on a concept?

Seeing as house Scipia is completely uninhabited; I was thinking of a son that had served the in legions, having taken part in the second and third Mithridatic wars, finally returning after almost 15 years away from Rome.

I think the military and political houses could probably be merged. if I remember correctly, during the Republic most of the highest military commanders were also civilian politicians and were often elected to their military posts as necessity required.

Instead of dividing the families into different departments it might be better just to have two competing families, maybe one is old and established and another is an up and coming family.

My apologies to all, I missed the start and was on vacation last week. I thought it had just died out so I didn't bother to tell anyone I was gone. I'm still game to play so I will write a reply and hope we are still going to do this. Again I am very sorry.

My apologies to all, I missed the start and was on vacation last week. I thought it had just died out so I didn't bother to tell anyone I was gone. I'm still game to play so I will write a reply and hope we are still going to do this. Again I am very sorry.

Definitely understandable, and I had thought it dead as well. Since Scarlett hasn't checked in, feel free to head over to the "family brothel."

Yes, since your character is at my Daddy's door I'll try to pull us together, then maybe a visit to uncle's brothel...

Back
Top Bottom