Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Power Rangers?

loadedgunn

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
I’ve been having this itch for a while to do a mature (obviously) Power Rangers RP with a group (maybe 3 to 5 people? I don’t know). Anyway, this here is serving as an interest check to see if people would be willing to participate!

I’ll have a plot and such created eventually but I wanted to make sure that people would be interested first before I dive into my creative bag! Questions and thoughts are welcome in the comments below. I’ll answer to the best of my ability!

----------​

Edit: Okay, so I have 3 plots that will serve as "blurbs" for you guys to pick from. I tried to diversify the plots as much as possible while also taking bits and pieces from the original source (Power Rangers and Super Sentai) to make it familiar but also interesting for you guys. As far as actual suits, I'm open to using any suits since this would be an original RP and have provided links to how some of the suits would look. As stated before, I'm looking for a dedicated group of roleplayers who will remain active but I also don't want too many roleplayers as that gets hard to manage (I'm thinking between 3 to 6 people but I may be swayed to include more depending on the circumstances). Without further ado, plots below:

1. A group of intergalactic aliens have been responsible for the annihilation of countless planets, all for the sole purpose acquiring a wealth of riches from a ruthless leader. For centuries, this leader has sat at the throne, watching innocent lives be eradicated for his own enjoyment (and the enjoyment of those who bow before him). Somehow, the Earth has managed to dodge the wrath of destruction for this long, but when the aliens catch wind of Earth and the high bounty that the leader has put on the planet, chaos ensues to see not only who can destroy the planet first, but who can do it in the flashiest of ways. With impending doom along the way, a group of very different individuals are summoned together to protect the planet and put an end to this sick game of obliterating planets.

TL;DR: Aliens wreak havoc on the planet in a bounty hunting game for the Earth
Potential Suit Options: One, Two, Three

2. It's been decades since the destruction of the Venjix virus and humanity has managed to successfully rebuild itself on Earth. With knowledge of their past mistakes, humanity has successfully managed to create an efficient world where humans are significantly more careful in how they manage their relationships with machines and computers. There is still a bit of reliance on machines, but with the way the government basically has control over almost every aspect of human life, the world is meant to be safer. At the heart of this safety movement, the Global Association of Interworld Acumen (better known as GAIA) has been challenged with facilitating all protection methods for Earth between other worlds. Unfortunately, unethical practices has caused several people within the organization to have waning trust in its goals. With remnants of the dreaded Venjix virus emerging in the new world again, a recruiting process for new operators must be completed to ensure that this world has true saviors.

TL;DR: Return of the Venjix computer virus mixed with some unethical government agency
Potential Suit Options: One, Two, Three, Four

3. One thousand years ago, the Earth was ravaged by a terrible war. The gods, those who were once guardians of the World, were locked in a battle against a parasitic evil which threatened to engulf everything in its path. As a last resort, the gods sacrificed themselves to create one final, massive blow against the plague. The titanic explosion had a devastating side effect: the life had to be reborn. What none of them expected was that the parasite had shielded itself just enough for a small part to survive the cataclysm. Now, in modern times, the parasite and its army has an interest in taking back the world that should have never left their grasps. The spirits of the gods, however, are not going down without a fight and must partner with a group of individuals up for the task of saving the world.

TL;DR: Parasitic alien emerges on the Earth after it was assumed to have died in the time of the Gods
Potential Suit Options: One, Two, Three, Four

Last edited:
I don't mind the plot because it is all good, but i would highly prefer the rangers to be from goseiger as it looks much 'cooler' in my term, but the others are fine too.

Honestly, it might be cooler if it's a mix of costumes given the plot. But I'm cool if we use the same costumes as well. Atleast if we're using plot 1.

In my mind that sort of fits with the Bounty hunter theme, a bunch of different Rangers new and old teaming up to kick alien arse and getting some rewards for it? Like the Rangers are considered part of a team?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea is a bunch of bad guys are let loose, in their game it's to see who can destroy the planet in the flashiest way, but they also compete with eachother and the locals right? Might be interesting to have a "Good" team whose goal is to save the planet. After all some good beings do exist. One of them could serve as the team's Mentor maybe?

In regards to these suits, here is another plot that I have toyed around with:

With the Power Rangers a distant after the eradication of the Venjix virus, civilization and humanity began to lick its wound and rebuild itself at a steadfast rate. Cities were built from the ground, schools and colleges proceeded to educate the youth, and peace fell over the entire Earth. With the legend of the ranger team that saved the world in the past, there was a void left in the hearts of a specific engineering group that longed to bring back that the protective aura that could only be filled by the group of heroes. With no evil to be conquered for the foreseeable future, the video game company known as GENESIS had the idea of creating a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that would put an individual in the boots of a Power Ranger, allowing the player to join a team and "save the world." The project was dubbed "Arcadia," a nod to Greek terminology while also acknowledging the word "arcade." The reaction to the news of the video game launch was met with applause, but GENESIS didn't account for the virtual reality world to crossover into our own world.

Somehow, in attempting to utilize the morphing grid for the purposes of the game, the intergalactic villains that were supposed to remain an in-game threat managed to spill over into our own world. Embarrassed by their mistakes, GENESIS has tried to cover up the error, but the threat looms too large and too powerful for ordinary human hands. The fear was that somehow a mole within the company synchronized a remnant of the Venjix virus to Project Arcadia, which allowed the threat to sprout into the world. With no where else to turn, GENESIS reached back in to the morphing grid, extracting as many "Beta Spheres" as possible (because what was a video game without a few testers?). Fortunately, they were able to get their hands on a few of them; unfortunately, many of them have scattered across the city and into the hands of un-expecting owners. Whether they knew it or not, a new game was about to be played... a game that didn't necessarily have an extra life. Once that Beta Sphere is clicked, whoever is the owner of it will be hearing... Ready Ranger One!

So, if i am getting this right, the beta testers of the game will be the team is that correct?

Correct except the “Beta Spheres” will be released from the game and choose someone at random. So, whether the people want to or not, they will become Rangers.

Cool, we can have characters of different background in the story as they adapt to their lives as a ranger.

I’ll have all of that mapped out by this evening when I get the actual sign-up posted. But there will be a character sheet.

By all means, if there is a choice i will take the pink ranger as it is my favourite colour, as well as because i grew up liking that particular part of being one.

Just a small comment, the ranger look instead of Kyuranger we do boukenger, well because i think Kyuranger look a little like toys. @loadedgunn Your choice ultimately.

Honestly, it might be interesting to work the game thing a bit, and have like suits/zords/upgrades something you earn in game. It would make sense, since technically the morphing grid would have all the "Information" on it. The way the game and the grid were wired as we gained skills in the game we'd "Show the grid" we were worthy? It could also explain why we worked separately at first. Especally if you go the "Traditonal Route" and have the 6th, 7th, and 8th rangers be antagonists at first. Oh, maybe their could even be the occasional attack in the game, like past Ranger scenarios we're forced to play through. It would allow us a fun sort of "Else World" adventure since to do it in the main stream R.P. would effect it. ((I'm thinking like the last stand of the original S.P.D. team, or Tommy's fight with a monster with his power draining away. Etc.))

To be honest now again, I actually think we should do the rangers design to be goseiger.Think about it, they use cards to summon skills, attack, or even upgrade their ranger suit, perfect for this.

To be honest now again, I actually think we should do the rangers design to be goseiger.Think about it, they use cards to summon skills, attack, or even upgrade their ranger suit, perfect for this.

We’re sticking with the Kyuranger suits. (y)

I’ll share specific details about the game once it’s actually posted. Just wanted to get the character sheet and plot up so you guys wouldn’t get too antsy. :ROFLMAO:

lol says the bad boy that already has the rich girl now interested ic….this is a bad combination, an idol, a princess with company ties, a bad ass, now to see what the husband makes I will die if he makes the nerdiest guy ever.....only time will tell. I told him before he went to work last night so we should see a post by zeth soon.

I swear to god I will hound his ass if he becomes idle like I did with my hero...took me a few weeks to get him to post but kept others in the loop and kept teasing him during wake ups or just me being cute....XD

Ps when you read this zeth…..don't punish me too bad or do whatever gets the fun in.

"Oh Princess, you don't know who you're dealing with. I'm not one of your prep school "Notice me class president types". I'm the type of man who knows a woman is three things, A queen in public, a goddess in the home, and a slut in the bedroom. I'd be careful, more then one Idol has fallen for me, and walked with a limp two or three days afterwards. Although I think the smile means they think it was worth it."

Yeah... That's the sort of character he is... A cocky charming grin on his face and he'd wink afterwards.

Haha! Trust, the RP itself will be up soon. Just giving the others who were tagged some time to make their characters. Mine will actually be on the way soon.

friend zoning *cough* I mean he is kind of hot and uh he is a gamer and I am a gamer and uh yeah hahaha *covers her mouth* I mean irl zeth and me don't really do much couple rp on here cause we have each other irl only in My hero are we a couple.

but yeah as for character wise mine might act snobbish and stuck up to him but be all like OMFG HE IS LIKE SUCH AN ASSS WITH HIS FLIRTING AND THAT SMOLDER AND THAT Ass oh god that ass. *eyes* NO DAMN IT MIU NON OF THAT YOUR ON A MISSION FROM FATHER NOT CHASING THE BOY TOY!

My character will go.
First day : Hi cute guy
Second day: Hi lol
Third day: hi
Fourth day: who are you?

Back
Top Bottom