Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Glory of the Roman Empire

Magician

Conjurer of dreams
The idea
The concept that I want to check with you all is rather simple. Idea is to simulate historical (not necessarily 100% historically accurate) life of Romans citizens during the height of the Republic. Interaction is meant to exist between members of one or two families, but if more people are interested additional families can be implemented. Two major families that I wish to implement are Familia Iulia and Familia Aurelia. Familia Iulia has very strong political influence and most prominent government officials belong to this family - being part of it can be done via blood or adoption. Familia Aurelia has less political influence but is considered wealthiest in Rome and their donations and public projects funded from their pockets granted them popularity among the general population. Third possible family, belongs to Familia Scipia, a family with finest trained soldiers, having their own Legion which has served as one of the protectors of Rome. Their popularity is on the rise, even more so as they provide entertainment in form of gladiatorial combats. Even their soldiers, free men, volunteer to experience glory of Coliseum.​
There is no set 'endgame' and story will not become closed once it starts. More people can join at any point.​

Roles

There are no strict and fixed roles here and everyone is given freedom to chose role they think suits them best. Some of the roles include: Senators, government officials, soldiers of profession - centurion, general, brothel owners, slave trader, slave, servant, courtesans, gladiators, traders and many more.​

Interaction

Everyone can interract with anyone. That interaction can be friendly or hostile as long as players agree on that hostility. Of course, this kind of setting could not be imagined without a little bit of naughty side. And by 'little' I mean quite a lot. Interaction could be fixed (if two players decide so) or it can be left to go with the flow. Everyone wants something in this world and that can be achieved via diplomacy, intrigue, subterfuge, bribe or sex. Every character can interact with any other character... naturally a two members of different House must still keep it a secret. Bigger gap in social status means higher requirement for secrecy - forbidden fruits are always the sweetest.​

Kinks

Consensual, non-consensual, BDSM, dominant, submissive, master-slave, master-servant, incest, interracial (especially if some slave is black), romance, public, group (three, four or orgy if enough agree to it), male/female, male/male, female/female. Limit here will be those kinks that players do not agree to and of course all standard rules of the site apply here without exception.​

Well my character will also be bi, no matter what background I go with for him. Actually hoping to have some orgies where people are not too picky about their partners 😏

People would have to agree on orgies in order for them to be made. We'll see, this is still in interest check phase.

Do we have enough interest to get a character thread going? I think so and would love a spot to place my ideas.

I know this is set in the Rep. but a bit of interesting history. Their is evidence that the Chinese Han Dynasty and the Roman Empire might have expanded far enough at their height to have brushed agaisnt each other.

Also, can I give my character a religion? I haven't seen it noticed much but religion was a big part of life at that time and the many gods and cults of the day make room for a lot of interesting stuff to go on.

Good afternoon. Is there any particular role or position still in need? Happy to play a Roman with austere values. Is the Head of House Iulia available? Otherwise I can settle for a distant relative who manages some countryside estates in Rome for a visit. Happy to volunteer for House Scipia as well.

Head of House Iulia is open and available for the taking. I am still waiting to see if someone may show interest here before opening character thread and trying to find few more people. If you have someone who is willing to play female roles to show this thread to, that would be very much appreciated.

I did message someone who might be interested in playing a female, but yeah, definitely agree.

Head of the Iulia family it is. Harbinger57 and Zeth, you two are apart of this same family right? How shall we do our family dynamic? You two can be brothers, my character's two sons? Cousins perhaps?

I was proposed to off thread. I will join as @BennyQ's wife. Although if Harbinger57 and Zeth are his sons, I am the second hotter, younger model. ;) Still, power hungry with some desires of her own.

Amazing, you came! Harbinger57 and Zeth can be children from his first marriage, definitely.

If no other house comes forward can my Courtesan be the half sibling of the brothers?

Are you referring to House Iulia? You can be the half-sibling then, the bastard child of mine and a slave girl before he got married.

Can I be the bodyguard/right hand man of the other house head? I was thinking of playing as a greek mercenary who cut his teeth along the silk road and in then as a scout and guide to the legions in the Asia-minor campaigns. After years abroad he came to Italy and was sent to the head of family Scipia with a letter of recomendation from a general with a distant relation to the man.

Scipia is intended to be purely militaristic so 'bodyguards' may not be needed per se, but being part of legion will be equivalent of it. Decurion or centurion are excellent spots.

I would kind of disagree because even the best military commanders had body guards. Being a good fighter didn't make you invincible, especially against assassins or less direct things that body guards where their to counter and watch for so you didn't have to. Also having bodyguards would have been a sign of wealth and stature.

I was going to say Lulian at first but it seems like they are already filled out pretty well so I decided to do with the other house so we don't have a big player inbalance.

You have to look at it from an RP perspective, though. If someone wishes to play a member of a militaristic house, that member is likely planning using personal intimidation. Having a bodyguard takes that away, puts it in the hands of someone else. So now that person is playing someone who lacks the money of an Aurelian, the status of Iulian, and the one thing he did have on them, personal might, is now overshadowed.

I agree with you and perosnally I think this character fits better for Lilian. But at the same time, the RP wouldn't be fun if it's one guy on one side and five on the other.

Most of House Iulia are politicians, not fighters. Just because there's five of us doesn't mean we're dangerous. You already gave us political power. We are not taking intimidation or fighting skill. That would indeed be unbalanced.

But I don't see this RP as something of competition between the Houses. Isn't it more just daily lives and building relationships to the benefit of all?

Back
Top Bottom