Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Glory of the Roman Empire

Magician

Conjurer of dreams
The idea
The concept that I want to check with you all is rather simple. Idea is to simulate historical (not necessarily 100% historically accurate) life of Romans citizens during the height of the Republic. Interaction is meant to exist between members of one or two families, but if more people are interested additional families can be implemented. Two major families that I wish to implement are Familia Iulia and Familia Aurelia. Familia Iulia has very strong political influence and most prominent government officials belong to this family - being part of it can be done via blood or adoption. Familia Aurelia has less political influence but is considered wealthiest in Rome and their donations and public projects funded from their pockets granted them popularity among the general population. Third possible family, belongs to Familia Scipia, a family with finest trained soldiers, having their own Legion which has served as one of the protectors of Rome. Their popularity is on the rise, even more so as they provide entertainment in form of gladiatorial combats. Even their soldiers, free men, volunteer to experience glory of Coliseum.​
There is no set 'endgame' and story will not become closed once it starts. More people can join at any point.​

Roles

There are no strict and fixed roles here and everyone is given freedom to chose role they think suits them best. Some of the roles include: Senators, government officials, soldiers of profession - centurion, general, brothel owners, slave trader, slave, servant, courtesans, gladiators, traders and many more.​

Interaction

Everyone can interract with anyone. That interaction can be friendly or hostile as long as players agree on that hostility. Of course, this kind of setting could not be imagined without a little bit of naughty side. And by 'little' I mean quite a lot. Interaction could be fixed (if two players decide so) or it can be left to go with the flow. Everyone wants something in this world and that can be achieved via diplomacy, intrigue, subterfuge, bribe or sex. Every character can interact with any other character... naturally a two members of different House must still keep it a secret. Bigger gap in social status means higher requirement for secrecy - forbidden fruits are always the sweetest.​

Kinks

Consensual, non-consensual, BDSM, dominant, submissive, master-slave, master-servant, incest, interracial (especially if some slave is black), romance, public, group (three, four or orgy if enough agree to it), male/female, male/male, female/female. Limit here will be those kinks that players do not agree to and of course all standard rules of the site apply here without exception.​

I am interested, probably as a favored daughter of Familia Aurelia, maybe an exotic slave, or both. I'll decide as we see what sort of players are interested.

Good choices. If you want both characters, you can play them. I won't set limit to how many characters one can play, but make sure you don't overwork yourself.

If Lea is doing this, my interest/confidence in this just increased.

Welcome aboard to both. Check with list of roles and families that you like and if not of any existing role, perhaps come up with new one that will fit you.

Magician, having put this together, are there any roles you are interested in playing? Also, perhaps we should consider going down to 2 houses. As for me, I am considering quite a few, though will avoid playing more than 2 characters.

Third house is in case there is enough response from people. It is an option which may not even be used, so it is very likely only Famili Iulia and Familia Aurelia will be in play. As far as what I will play, I intend to play head of one of those houses, my preference would be Aurelia. But we'll see, for now I just want to see how many people would be interested and what we can do with it.

I love the idea of a Roman Republic RP. I would like to play a young and upcoming member of Iulia family. I was thinking he has returned from serving as a Questor (entry level to Senate) in Gaul and now is trying to figure out how to finance an election campaign to become one of next years Aedile, an expensive office to run for and serve in (Aedile must fund games) and as most Iulia, he is always short of funds.

I guess I'll join the political family as a senator shagging all the lovely ladies and handsome lads. Every such game needs one.

I'm intrested if spots are still open. Perhaps I could play a bodyguard for an important politican or a wealthy merchant perhaps.

This sounds quite intriguing. I would be rather interested in playing a member of family Scipia, a tribune who has political ambitions. He will certainly enjoy fraternizing with members of rhe other families, even if a scandal might come of it.

Will this be taking place after the Marian Reforms so the legions have the more familiar structure?

I am not sure if I'll establish third family. For the moment only two will be in play, third is if more people join at later point. Iulia and Aurelia are currently only in play.

As far as structure goes, it will be after reforms.

In my opinion, the third family would be very welcome. That would give us money, political influence, and military power, the trifecta social sexual dynamics;) I can play either way but the potential for raw violence always makes things a bit more interesting for me at least. I can't wait to get things started. I'm pretty firm on the Aurelia daughter, but am open to suggestions on a second character if anyone has ideas though I am sure to come up with something on my own.

My only concern with violence is there is no arbitration method. Also, I worry there is too strong a sex imbalance to survive

I guess I arbitrate OOC, if someone is being an unrealistic jerk I tend to let them know. I do enjoy non-con scenarios so some element of violence or the threat there of is kind of useful, though not the only way to get to one of my more resistant girls. By too strong a sex imbalance do you mean, gender balance? If you are concerned I can personally guarantee your character will have no lack for female company:p

For kinky non-con, I'm not too worried about violence being an issue. I guess I'm more worried about two characters with a fighting background wanting to know who the better fighter is. And yeah, I did mean gender, since it is currently looking like you v the world. I know that you are willing to play multiple chars, and do a fine job of it, but that is a tall order.

At the moment, I am considering a businessman type from Scipia partially responsible for the growth of the family, or possibly a member of Iulia who is a bit "beneath" the rest. Could be something that being military rather than a senator or official, or maybe he's a merchant, maybe even brothel owner.

Hey is there room for a courtesans? Maybe she could work in your brothel Kckolbe? Maybe a bastard of one of the noble families?

Well there is at least one bi-sexual in the group so that might give me a bit of a break. I don't do much 1x1 RP anymore and have focused more on group play but they are difficult to get started and tend to move slowly so I'm not too worried about not being able to keep up. I'm really pretty flexible though and I do enjoy variety.

And just as I posted, a courtesan shows up, perfect timing!

Scarlett, I have NEVER seen a group RP uninterested in courtesans. The idea of her being a bastard is an interesting one as well, especially if from the same family as mine. She could live a much nicer life than most courtesans, with outsiders assuming she is just his favorite or something, but it really being looking out for the offspring of the family, even a secret one. Technically, that could work if she's from another family as well, something done as a favor to a house to help hide their secret while keeping the fruits of their dalliances looked after.

lol I like the thought of a Senators son or a Senator himself falling in love with a beautiful young courtesans, and if it turns out she's his half sister or some sort of relation, even better LOL and yes Kckolbe that would work perfectly for me if you want me to be apart of your family

We can hold off deciding which family she "belongs" to, especially if someone else wants to be the high status type that falls for someone who is both a family member and a courtesan. All kinds of scandal potential.

Back
Top Bottom