Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Conversations Enhanced Announcement - Updated 7/6/2018

So, ah...is there anyone available who might be able to answer the above question?

I also have another. So, tracking has been implemented but not activated yet, to give people time to set up their privacy settings to their liking. That was several months ago(I somehow got the impression it would be just one month at most, don't know where I got it from though, definitely wasn't correct), so I was wondering, is there an ETA on when tracking will actually be activated? Not rushing @Vekseid or anyone else, if there's still work to be done by no means am I asking for working faster. Merely, I am just curious if there is any idea about when tracking can be expected to be activated. If not, that is fine too.

They'll be able to receive conversations but not start them or reply.

Two months now I think >_> It's mostly when I get back to coding in earnest. There is also a method for conversation edit histories that I need to integrate.

@Vekseid Whoa, really? People with sub-5 posts are not just unable to start Conversations, but also not able to REPLY to conversations started with them -by- someone else? And this has already been implemented? o.o Uhhh... I think I find that to be very problematic... there are many users who start a request thread as one of he first few posts they make on this site, and they must be wondering why the heck they can't actually talk to anyone trying to start an RP with them (and people trying to start RPs with them must be wondering why they are never responding)... but more to the point, I have a few friends who don't really use this site except just to privately keep in contact with me/someone else.

No wonder I haven't heard from them in ages 0_o A restriction on not -starting- convos for sub-5 posters, that's perfectly reasonable given the PM-spammer issues we've had in the past, but preventing sub-5 posters from having access to any private conversation functions whatsoever seems...a little much, to me? ;>_> Is there any room for reconsideration on this policy, or is it firmly set by now?

To be 100% honest I do not like the 5 post limit and hope to have it dropped to 1. I understand the reason for wanting some kind of post presence onsite, I just don't want to push people to post so many times before they can access something thats pretty important for RPing here and communicating in general.

Erm. So I'm really tired and just to clarify so its not taken that way by anyone but that last post wasn't meant to come off as angry or anything like that and is a little incomplete Sorry e.e;
I meant to answer your question and was trying to sort of explain where I sit with it.

It was a "I understand your concerns here with this, I have my own. I do understand why he's wanting some kind of limit but I don't want to push people out of their comfort zones or as little as possible" but that didn't come through as clear as I'd have liked and then I forgot to answer your question at the end which was;

No, nothings really set in stone with the post limit for PM restrictions and I'm not sure how much the restrictions can be messed with [ie, I don't know if it can be set to where members who haven't reached the post limit can't start conversations but can receive them and reply to those etc]

Sorry about that >.o;

( @Karameida Oh! No no, it's fine, I didn't think your post came off as angry! I was just acknowledging it and saying I was confident leaving it in your hands from there, whatever the outcome. x3 Honestly I was more worried if mine came off as presumptuous, actually. XD )

Yeah what the number gets set at is up in the air.

But we need a spammer filter

Aye, a spammer filter is very necessary, no disagreement there in the slightest. With the new Conversations system we have though, keeping new users from being able to -reply- to Conversations they didn't start as well as being unable to start new ones just seems a bit excessive... either allowing replies but not starting new Cs, -or- reducing the post-number needed, would be sufficient in my opinion. But yeah as it is now, holy crap a bunch of users are effectively 'locked out' of one of the site's core features right now, to the point of being outright unable to use the site if they're unwilling to make more than one or two public posts :eek: (I need to try and get in touch my other friends who don't really use this site except for private communication, a small issue given this site was supposed to be the way -to- get in touch ;>.> But there are emergency backups for most. Things will be fine until this matter can be worked out within the administration.)

Because if I don't have a clear way to tell the difference, those accounts will simply get deleted.

I was actually doing this originally until I realized it was hitting real people.

It's a core feature... Of a free site.

I don't even run ads anymore. People can make a few posts.

Intruding on a random convo but the ads from the old site were pretty fine. Not invasive, not bad to the eye, some were even rather amusing.

Project Wonderful announced it was shutting down just as we were moving to Xenforo

Back
Top Bottom