Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms Interest Check (Pathfinder)

Rivine

Supernova
Hey everyone! I am just curious who would be interested in a game based in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting? I prefer using Pathfinder as the system.

As far as the story goes, I have an idea for a cold opening for you all. I will put you all in a situation with no initial explination and we will fill in the narative backstory of how you all came to be there as we go. You will all be put in a situation that will encourage cooperation.

So what all of you need to know, I will be open to any alignment and most races. We will be starting at third level.

Last edited:
Sully, if you have any real life cultures in mind that you want to use, I can tell you about the setting equivalent. There are quite a few parallels.

As for more obscure races, ifrit will be allowed as fire gensai, as they are called in the setting.

Genasi works for me. I do want to make sure that like... a sadistic evil bard isn't going to ruin anyone's time? It seems like plenty of people are leaning towards playing either evil characters, or good characters they want to see abused by evil, so it doesn't look like it's going to be an issue. But I have other concepts I can try if that's not going to be good for the party dynamic.

I'm less outright evil and more... amoral and focused on my research. Will be happy to work with other party members, as hey, test subjects/meat shields and boon companions I would not have to have created out of boredom.

Pathfinder would be fun! I'd be interested in playing a Shaman class, if possible. I also got plenty of ideas for other characters and would mostly go LE.

I have to admit, evil isn't really what I had in mind when I talked about enjoying playing good aligned characters, haha. But I can always come up with another idea that'll work better with everyone.

I didn't mean to imply everyone was wanting to play a bad guy, just a significant portion. And Rivine said all alignments are allowed. However, that doesn't mean all behaviors are allowed and that's why I was asking. Players/characters who are okay with having, say, a thief or a murderer in the party, don't necessarily feel the same way about a rapist. Like I said earlier, I'm big into non-con, but it's not the only thing I like, especially in a game like this. So if having a rapist in the party is going to make anyone uncomfortable I'd rather not play one. I have other character concepts I can work with.

Oh, I'm fine with a rapist... so long as they understand I'll have some mystical protections to flashfreeze their dick if they try it with me.

Still, will be making my character as soon as possible, I have... ideas.

I guess for me, mostly, it would depend on what kind of game this is gonna be - if it's gonna be more focused on the sexual side of stuff, or if it's more a classic adventure, with sex or romance thrown in here and there. Either way I'm not opposed to rape and non-con itself, I'd just probably have to make a character who's cool with it too.

Yeah, the general tone and mood of the game is another thing that would influence what kind of character I'd want to play. But I got the impression that Rivine was more thinking to fit the tone to the characters? Then again it does look like he's got a specific scenario in mind now, so maybe that's a more stable framework to go off of. But, I guess with the cold open idea, we don't really get to know the details until the game starts. So I'm still mostly trying to get a feel based on player preferences.

Interested as well!

Not sure quite as what just yet though, though I'm leaning towards some kind of half-orc melee type, or perhaps some sort of twisted bestial summoner. If I knew the forums better, I'd make some kinda chart with interests so far! Also, it could be helpful character-creation wise if we knew what kind of themes the game will have?

Without spoiling anything, of course.

Well, if its level 3 as a starting point, what exotic thing can I pick up? Noticed Pathfinder doesn't use Character Adjustment Level, so what do they use?
If someone is already going Drow, I could go Duergar or something fun like that, by the conversation, I'm guessing Rivine already has some ideas...

*Waves* Am I too late?

Morathor, Ifrit in Golarion are equivalent to Fire Genasi in the Forgotten Realms. Basically a plainscape race back in second edition that was integrated more fully into the Realms in third.

Rivine, is there still a place available for a Sun elf warrior that believes the end justifies the means? Lawful/Neutral.

If you’re still taking characters I’d certainly be interested, but not sure how the stats for certain races might cross from pathfinder to forgotten realms. For example, if I wanted to be a Wyvaran, would I just be some kind of specialized Dragonborn? And which stats would I take for that, the stats for Wyvaran in pathfinder or the 3.5 stats for Dragonborn?

Back
Top Bottom